Medical Staff, Hospital
Subject Areas on Research
- A Scientific Autobiography of an Early Career Physician: At the Intersection of Geriatrics, Psychiatry, Palliative Care and Bluegrass Banjo.
- A policy-based intervention for the reduction of communication breakdowns in inpatient surgical care: results from a Harvard surgical safety collaborative.
- A qualitative descriptive study of the work of adherence to a chronic heart failure regimen: patient and physician perspectives.
- A randomized, controlled clinical trial of a geriatric consultation team. Compliance with recommendations.
- Academic physicians and complementary and alternative medicine: an institutional survey.
- Adult Scoliosis Deformity Surgery: Comparison of Outcomes Between One Versus Two Attending Surgeons.
- Altruism, incentives, and organ donation: attitudes of the transplant community.
- American Society for Apheresis white paper: considerations for medical staff apheresis medicine physician credentialing and privileging.
- An analysis of time and staff utilization for open versus percutaneous tracheostomies.
- An observation unit may help improve an institution's Press Ganey satisfaction score.
- Antitrust and hospital peer review.
- Are two (inexperienced) heads better than one (experienced) head? Averaging house officers' prognostic judgments for critically ill patients.
- Barriers to screening and intervention for ED patients at risk for undiagnosed or uncontrolled hypertension.
- Blood alcohol measurements in the emergency department: who needs them?
- Collaborative practice in the hospital: what's in it for nursing?
- Communication Challenges in Neonatal Encephalopathy.
- Communication practices on 4 Harvard surgical services: a surgical safety collaborative.
- Comparison of Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI) Measure Adherence Between Oncology Fellows, Advanced Practice Providers, and Attending Physicians.
- Copy number variation at chromosome 5q21.2 is associated with intraocular pressure.
- Demographic, clinical and occupational characteristics associated with early onset of delivery: findings from the Duke Health and Safety Surveillance System, 2001-2004.
- Determining VA physician requirements through empirically based models.
- Discrepant attitudes about teamwork among critical care nurses and physicians.
- Do we practice what we preach? A qualitative assessment of resident-preceptor interactions for adherence to evidence-based practice.
- Does review of peripheral blood smears help in the initial workup of common anemias?
- Effectiveness of laparoscopic cadaveric dissection in enhancing resident comprehension of pelvic anatomy.
- Emergency Department Attending Physician Variation in Opioid Prescribing in Low Acuity Back Pain.
- Equity and accuracy in medical malpractice insurance pricing.
- Error, stress, and teamwork in medicine and aviation: cross sectional surveys.
- Evaluation of an evidence-based, nurse-driven checklist to prevent hospital-acquired catheter-associated urinary tract infections in intensive care units.
- Evaluation of the United States pediatric urology workforce and fellowships: a series of surveys performed in 2006-2010.
- Examining emergency department communication through a staff-based participatory research method: identifying barriers and solutions to meaningful change.
- Expanded hospital role for family physicians.
- Exploring assumptions about teams.
- Factors Considered by Clinicians when Prognosticating Intracerebral Hemorrhage Outcomes.
- Family physician hospital privileges in New Jersey.
- Feasibility of point-of-care echocardiography by internal medicine house staff.
- Generalists and oncologists show similar care practices and outcomes for hospitalized late-stage cancer patients. SUPPORT Investigators. Study to Understand Prognoses and Preferences for Outcomes and Risks for Treatment.
- Health care governance for quality and safety: the new agenda.
- Hospital privileges of family physicians in North Carolina.
- How we developed and use the American Society for Apheresis guidelines for therapeutic apheresis procedures.
- Impact of an automated email notification system for results of tests pending at discharge: a cluster-randomized controlled trial.
- Impact of education on cephalosporin prescribing patterns.
- Increased Occurrence of Tracheal Intubation-Associated Events During Nights and Weekends in the PICU.
- Initiating palliative care consults for advanced dementia patients in the emergency department.
- Integrating Postoperative Feedback Into Workflow: Perceived Practices and Barriers.
- Internal organization of hospitals and hospital costs.
- Job satisfaction ratings: measurement equivalence across nurses and physicians.
- Length of Stay, Mortality, Cost, and Perceptions of Care Associated With Transition From an Open to Closed Staffing Model in the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit.
- Measuring Patterns of Surgeon Confidence Using a Novel Assessment Tool.
- Medicare pricing mechanisms for physician services: an overview of alternative approaches.
- Medication errors in hospitalized cardiovascular patients.
- Multidisciplinary Mentoring Programs to Enhance Junior Faculty Research Grant Success.
- Music meets surgery: two sides to the art of "healing".
- Notes from the Field: Contact Investigation for an Infant with Congenital Tuberculosis Infection - North Carolina, 2016.
- OSHA bloodborne pathogens standard. Implications for the occupational health nurse.
- Observing and improving hand hygiene compliance: implementation and refinement of an electronic-assisted direct-observer hand hygiene audit program.
- Occupational exposure to sharp injuries among medical and dental house officers in Nigeria.
- Operating room teamwork among physicians and nurses: teamwork in the eye of the beholder.
- Organizational culture and its relationship with hospital performance in public hospitals in China.
- Orthopaedic faculty trauma call policies: a survey of accredited orthopaedic residency programs.
- Outdoor smoking ban at a cancer center: attitudes and smoking behavior among employees and patients.
- Patient satisfaction in resident and attending ambulatory care clinics.
- Pediatric providers and radiology examinations: knowledge and comfort levels regarding ionizing radiation and potential complications of imaging.
- Perceptions of safety culture vary across the intensive care units of a single institution.
- Procedure Delegation by Attending Surgeons Performing Concurrent Operations in Academic Medical Centers: Balancing Safety and Efficiency.
- Prospective tracking of pediatric urology consults: knowing is half the battle.
- Psychologists in medical schools. Medical staff status and clinical privileges.
- Psychology in United States medical schools: 1983.
- Radiation-associated lens opacities in catheterization personnel: results of a survey and direct assessments.
- Randomized comparison of virtual microscopy and traditional glass microscopy in diagnostic accuracy among dermatology and pathology residents.
- Reasons for after-hours calls by hospital floor nurses to on-call physicians.
- Religious perspectives of doctors, nurses, patients, and families.
- Repeating an attending physician's unseemly remarks.
- Resident training in a teaching hospital: How do attendings teach in the real operative environment?
- Resident versus attending surgeon graft patency and clinical outcomes in on- versus off-pump coronary artery bypass surgery.
- Safety culture and hand hygiene: linking attitudes to behavior.
- Seizure associated with zidovudine.
- Spinal anesthesia for orthopedic surgery: a detailed video assessment of quality.
- Structure and function of academic divisions of cardiology. Task Force Reports from the Association of Professors of Cardiology.
- Succeeding in Aging Research During the Pandemic: Strategies for Fellows and Junior Faculty.
- Suspicionless drug testing of physicians.
- Targeted interventions improve shared agreement of daily goals in the pediatric intensive care unit.
- The Effect of Emergency Medicine Residents on Clinical Efficiency and Staffing Requirements.
- The Emergency Severity Index Version 4: changes to ESI level 1 and pediatric fever criteria.
- The Junior Faculty Laboratory: an innovative model of peer mentoring.
- The internal organization of hospitals: a descriptive study.
- The knowledge and perceptions of medical personnel relating to outcome after cardiac arrest.
- The resident as surgeon: an analysis of ACS-NSQIP.
- The role of psychological safety and learning behavior in the development of effective quality improvement teams in Ghana: an observational study.
- The role of technology in clinician-to-clinician communication.
- Using Patient Safety Reporting Systems to Understand the Clinical Learning Environment: A Content Analysis.
- Validation of the Dutch language version of the Safety Attitudes Questionnaire (SAQ-NL).
- Variation in caregiver perceptions of teamwork climate in labor and delivery units.
- What works. Surgeons generate "clean bills" from the point of care.
- [Error, stress and teamwork in medicine and aviation. A cross-sectional study].
Keywords of People
- Alexander, John Hunter Peel, Professor of Medicine, Medicine, Cardiology
- Dement, John McCray, Professor Emeritus in Family Medicine and Community Health, Family Medicine & Community Health,Occupational & Environmental Medicine
- Moehring, Rebekah, Associate Professor of Medicine, Medicine, Infectious Diseases
- Taekman, Jeffrey Marc, Professor Emeritus of Anesthesiology, Anesthesiology, Neuroanesthesia
- Yancy Jr., William Samuel, Professor of Medicine, Medicine, General Internal Medicine