Subject Areas on Research
- A novel inhaled organic nitrate that affects pulmonary vascular tone in a piglet model of hypoxia-induced pulmonary hypertension.
- Antioxidant enzyme activities and malondialdehyde, glutathione and methemoglobin concentrations in channel catfish exposed to DEF and n-butyl mercaptan.
- Brown blood: understanding methemoglobinemia.
- Cell-free hemoglobin reverses the endotoxin-mediated hyporesponsivity of rat aortic rings to alpha-adrenergic agents.
- Consequences of chemical modifications on the free radical reactions of human hemoglobin.
- Cyanide-induced cytochrome a,a3 oxidation-reduction responses in rat brain in vivo.
- Effects of S-nitrosation on oxygen binding by normal and sickle cell hemoglobin.
- Interactions of nicotinamide adenine dinucleotides with varied states and forms of hemoglobin.
- Internal electron transfer between hemes and Cu(II) bound at cysteine beta93 promotes methemoglobin reduction by carbon monoxide.
- Methemoglobinemia after infusion of ifosfamide chemotherapy: first report of a potentially serious adverse reaction related to ifosfamide.
- Nitric oxide binding to human ferrihemoglobins cross-linked between either alpha or beta subunits.
- Prophylactic methylene blue in a patient with congenital methemoglobinemia.
- The case of the missing NO-hemoglobin: spectral changes suggestive of heme redox reactions reflect changes in NO-heme geometry.
- The use of bovine hemoglobin glutamer-250 (Hemopure) in surgical patients: results of a multicenter, randomized, single-blinded trial.
- Unique sensitivity of Hb Zürich to oxidative injury by phenazopyridine: reversal of the effects by elevating carboxyhemoglobin levels in vivo and in vitro.
- α-Hemoglobin stabilizing protein (AHSP) markedly decreases the redox potential and reactivity of α-subunits of human HbA with hydrogen peroxide.