Subject Areas on Research
- Autoantibodies to the GLUT-2 glucose transporter of beta cells in insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus of recent onset.
- Characteristics of cultured human renal cortical epithelia.
- Developmental aspects of sugar transport by isolated dog renal cortical tubules.
- Effect of cystine dimethylester on renal solute handling and isolated renal tubule transport in the rat: a new model of the Fanconi syndrome.
- Epidermal growth factor stimulates glycogen synthesis in fetal rat hepatocytes: comparison with the glycogenic effects of insulin-like growth factor I and insulin.
- GLUT-2 gene transfer into insulinoma cells confers both low and high affinity glucose-stimulated insulin release. Relationship to glucokinase activity.
- Preservation of brush border transport systems for proline and alpha-methyl-D glucoside from rat, dog, and human kidney.
- Reactivity of avian RNA tumor viruses with lectins.
- Regulation of sugar transport in cultured diploid human skin fibroblasts.
- The high Km glucose transporter of islets of Langerhans is functionally similar to the low affinity transporter of liver and has an identical primary sequence.
- Transfection of AtT-20ins cells with GLUT-2 but not GLUT-1 confers glucose-stimulated insulin secretion. Relationship to glucose metabolism.
- Underexpression of beta cell high Km glucose transporters in noninsulin-dependent diabetes.
Keywords of People