Subject Areas on Research
- A Brain to Spine Interface for Transferring Artificial Sensory Information.
- A Diffusion MRI Tractography Connectome of the Mouse Brain and Comparison with Neuronal Tracer Data.
- A Distributed Recurrent Network Contributes to Temporally Precise Vocalizations.
- A Scalable Weight-Free Learning Algorithm for Regulatory Control of Cell Activity in Spiking Neuronal Networks.
- A Three-Threshold Learning Rule Approaches the Maximal Capacity of Recurrent Neural Networks.
- A biophysical model of the cortex-basal ganglia-thalamus network in the 6-OHDA lesioned rat model of Parkinson's disease.
- A case study in the functional consequences of scaling the sizes of realistic cortical models.
- A circuit model for saccadic suppression in the superior colliculus.
- A comparison of optimal MIMO linear and nonlinear models for brain-machine interfaces.
- A computational model for signal processing by the dorsal cochlear nucleus. II. Responses to broadband and notch noise.
- A concise and persistent feature to study brain resting-state network dynamics: Findings from the Alzheimer's Disease Neuroimaging Initiative.
- A continuous attractor network model without recurrent excitation: maintenance and integration in the head direction cell system.
- A cortical filter that learns to suppress the acoustic consequences of movement.
- A cortico-hippocampal learning rule shapes inhibitory microcircuit activity to enhance hippocampal information flow.
- A default mode of brain function.
- A framework for integrating the songbird brain.
- A framework for using signal, noise, and variation to determine whether the brain controls movement synergies or single muscles.
- A model for slow axonal transport and its application to neurofilamentous neuropathies.
- A model for the computation and encoding of azimuthal information by the lateral superior olive.
- A model predicting optimal parameters for deep brain stimulation in essential tremor.
- A morphological basis for orientation tuning in primary visual cortex.
- A neurally efficient implementation of sensory population decoding.
- A neuron model of stochastic resonance using rectangular pulse trains.
- A new in vivo method for quantitative analysis of stroke lesions using diffusion-weighted magnetic resonance microscopy.
- A nexus model of the temporal-parietal junction.
- A nonlinear quasi-static model of intracranial aneurysms.
- A parallel functional topography between medial and lateral prefrontal cortex: evidence and implications for cognitive control.
- A population decoding framework for motion aftereffects on smooth pursuit eye movements.
- A probabilistic explanation of brightness scaling.
- A proposal for a coordinated effort for the determination of brainwide neuroanatomical connectivity in model organisms at a mesoscopic scale.
- A quantitative description of QX222 blockade of sodium channels in squid axons.
- A role for GAPDH in apoptosis and neurodegeneration.
- A semi-parametric model of the hemodynamic response for multi-subject fMRI data.
- A semi-parametric nonlinear model for event-related fMRI.
- A semiclassical theory for nerve excitation by a low intensity electromagnetic field.
- A sensory source for motor variation.
- A simulation study of information transmission by multi-unit microelectrode recordings.
- A statistical explanation of visual space.
- A subspace reverse-correlation technique for the study of visual neurons.
- A symmetrical Waxholm canonical mouse brain for NeuroMaps.
- A system for the generation of curves on 3D brain images.
- A transformation from temporal to ensemble coding in a model of piriform cortex.
- A watershed model of individual differences in fluid intelligence.
- A wholly empirical explanation of perceived motion.
- Acetylcholine Modulates Cerebellar Granule Cell Spiking by Regulating the Balance of Synaptic Excitation and Inhibition.
- Action, time and the basal ganglia.
- Activation of Gz attenuates Rap1-mediated differentiation of PC12 cells.
- Activation of specific interneurons improves V1 feature selectivity and visual perception.
- Active learning of cortical connectivity from two-photon imaging data.
- Activity patterns in mesolimbic regions in rats during operant tasks for reward.
- Activity-dependent development of inhibitory synapses and innervation pattern: role of GABA signalling and beyond.
- Advances in diffusion MRI acquisition and processing in the Human Connectome Project.
- Agarose gel stiffness determines rate of DRG neurite extension in 3D cultures.
- Age-related delay in visual and auditory evoked responses is mediated by white- and grey-matter differences.
- Altered mGluR5-Homer scaffolds and corticostriatal connectivity in a Shank3 complete knockout model of autism.
- Amplitude- and frequency-dependent changes in neuronal regularity parallel changes in tremor With thalamic deep brain stimulation.
- An adaptive equalizer model of the primate vestibulo-ocular reflex.
- An analytical comparison of the information in sorted and non-sorted cosine-tuned spike activity.
- An empirical basis for Mach bands.
- An empirical explanation of brightness.
- An empirical explanation of the cornsweet effect.
- An on-line archive of reconstructed hippocampal neurons.
- An ontology-based segmentation scheme for tracking postnatal changes in the developing rodent brain with MRI.
- Analysis and optimization of pulse dynamics for magnetic stimulation.
- Analysis of neuronal ensemble activity reveals the pitfalls and shortcomings of rotation dynamics.
- Analysis of the quasi-static approximation for calculating potentials generated by neural stimulation.
- Analytical solution for time-dependent potentials in a fiber stimulated by an external electrode
- Anatomical variability predicts individual differences in transcranial electric stimulation motor threshold.
- Animal models of the mechanisms of action of repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation (RTMS): comparisons with electroconvulsive shock (ECS).
- Ankyrin-based subcellular gradient of neurofascin, an immunoglobulin family protein, directs GABAergic innervation at purkinje axon initial segment.
- Anticonvulsant and antiepileptogenic actions of MK-801 in the kindling and electroshock models.
- Arteriosclerotic depression.
- Ascertaining the importance of neurons to develop better brain-machine interfaces.
- Asymptotic model of electrical stimulation of nerve fibers.
- Attention and target selection for smooth pursuit eye movements.
- Attention-related activity during episodic memory retrieval: a cross-function fMRI study.
- Atypical network connectivity for imitation in autism spectrum disorder.
- Auditory synapses to song premotor neurons are gated off during vocalization in zebra finches.
- Auditory-vocal mirroring in songbirds.
- Autoreceptor control of serotonin dynamics.
- Axon terminal hyperexcitability associated with epileptogenesis in vitro. I. Origin of ectopic spikes.
- Balanced synaptic impact via distance-dependent synapse distribution and complementary expression of AMPARs and NMDARs in hippocampal dendrites.
- Barbiturate effects on acetylcholine-activated channels in Aplysia neurons.
- Bayesian inference with probabilistic population codes.
- Bayesian reconstruction of memories stored in neural networks from their connectivity.
- Behavior and neural basis of near-optimal visual search.
- Behavioral and neural responses to gustatory stimuli delivered non-contingently through intra-oral cannulas.
- Beyond genotype: serotonin transporter epigenetic modification predicts human brain function.
- Biochemical and radiohistochemical analyses of alpha-2 adrenergic receptors in the kindling model of epilepsy.
- Biomechanical analysis of silicon microelectrode-induced strain in the brain.
- Biophysically realistic neuron models for simulation of cortical stimulation.
- Bird song: of tone and tempo in the telencephalon.
- Bistability and correlation with arrhythmogenesis in a model of the right atrium.
- Bistability and up/down state alternations in inhibition-dominated randomly connected networks of LIF neurons.
- Brain multiplexes reveal morphological connectional biomarkers fingerprinting late brain dementia states.
- Burst-Dependent Bidirectional Plasticity in the Cerebellum Is Driven by Presynaptic NMDA Receptors.
- Calcium regulation of neuronal gene expression.
- Calculating endocardial potentials from epicardial potentials measured during external stimulation.
- Cellular and molecular basis of epilepsy.
- Cellular effects of deep brain stimulation: model-based analysis of activation and inhibition.
- Cellular processing of temporal information in medial vestibular nucleus neurons.
- Changes in seizure threshold over the course of electroconvulsive therapy affect therapeutic response and are detected by ictal EEG ratings.
- Changes of antero-posterior distribution of CNV and late positive component as a function of information processing demands.
- Chaos in percepts?
- Characteristics of sequential activity in networks with temporally asymmetric Hebbian learning.
- Chemokines, neuronal-glial interactions, and central processing of neuropathic pain.
- Circuit mechanisms revealed by spike-timing correlations in macaque area MT.
- Closed-loop control of deep brain stimulation: a simulation study.
- Cognitive neuroscience of emotional memory.
- Coherence potentials: loss-less, all-or-none network events in the cortex.
- Common prefrontal activations during working memory, episodic memory, and semantic memory.
- Computational evaluation of methods for measuring the spatial extent of neural activation.
- Computational inference of neural information flow networks.
- Computer-based model of epidural motor cortex stimulation: effects of electrode position and geometry on activation of cortical neurons.
- Computing with thalamocortical ensembles during different behavioural states.
- Conductively coupled flexible silicon electronic systems for chronic neural electrophysiology.
- Connection, a microcomputer program for storing and analyzing structural properties of neural circuits.
- Constraints on the source of short-term motion adaptation in macaque area MT. I. the role of input and intrinsic mechanisms.
- Contributions of intrinsic membrane dynamics to fast network oscillations with irregular neuronal discharges.
- Control of the gain of visual-motor transmission occurs in visual coordinates for smooth pursuit eye movements.
- Control of the strength of visual-motor transmission as the mechanism of rapid adaptation of priors for Bayesian inference in smooth pursuit eye movements.
- Controlling stimulation strength and focality in electroconvulsive therapy via current amplitude and electrode size and spacing: comparison with magnetic seizure therapy.
- Correlations between synapses in pairs of neurons slow down dynamics in randomly connected neural networks.
- Correlations of cortical Hebbian reverberations: theory versus experiment.
- Cortical dynamics during naturalistic sensory stimulations: experiments and models.
- Cortical mechanisms of smooth eye movements revealed by dynamic covariations of neural and behavioral responses.
- Cortical modulations increase in early sessions with brain-machine interface.
- Creating and parameterizing patient-specific deep brain stimulation pathway-activation models using the hyperdirect pathway as an example.
- Cross-modal stimulus conflict: the behavioral effects of stimulus input timing in a visual-auditory Stroop task.
- Current density distributions, field distributions and impedance analysis of segmented deep brain stimulation electrodes.
- Deconvolution of event-related fMRI responses in fast-rate experimental designs: tracking amplitude variations.
- Decreased between-hemisphere connectivity strength and network efficiency in geriatric depression.
- Deep brain stimulation alleviates parkinsonian bradykinesia by regularizing pallidal activity.
- Deep brain stimulation creates an informational lesion of the stimulated nucleus.
- Deep brain stimulation that abolishes Parkinsonian activity in basal ganglia improves thalamic relay fidelity in a computational circuit.
- Depressed responses to applied and synaptically-released GABA in CA1 pyramidal cells, but not in CA1 interneurons, after transient forebrain ischemia.
- Design and in vivo evaluation of more efficient and selective deep brain stimulation electrodes.
- Detection of bursts in extracellular spike trains using hidden semi-Markov point process models.
- Development and evaluation of a portable sham transcranial magnetic stimulation system.
- Development of new pharmacological agents for epilepsy: lessons from the kindling model.
- Differential developmental trajectories of magnetic susceptibility in human brain gray and white matter over the lifespan.
- Differential expression of immediate early genes in the hippocampus in the kindling model of epilepsy.
- Digital atlasing and standardization in the mouse brain.
- Disconnected aging: cerebral white matter integrity and age-related differences in cognition.
- Discriminating preictal and interictal states in patients with temporal lobe epilepsy using wavelet analysis of intracerebral EEG.
- Dissociation of cortical and single unit activity in spoken and signed languages.
- Distinct aspects of frontal lobe structure mediate age-related differences in fluid intelligence and multitasking.
- Diversity and dynamism in the cerebellum.
- Diversity of neural responses in the brainstem during smooth pursuit eye movements constrains the circuit mechanisms of neural integration.
- Dynamic and distributed properties of many-neuron ensembles in the ventral posterior medial thalamus of awake rats.
- Dynamic linear model analysis of optical imaging data acquired from the human neocortex.
- Dynamic shifting in thalamocortical processing during different behavioural states.
- Dynamics of networks of randomly connected excitatory and inhibitory spiking neurons.
- Dynamics of sparsely connected networks of excitatory and inhibitory spiking neurons.
- Dynamics of the firing probability of noisy integrate-and-fire neurons.
- Dynamics of the instantaneous firing rate in response to changes in input statistics.
- Dynamics of the sensory response to urethral flow over multiple time scales in rat.
- Dynamics of visual receptive fields in the macaque frontal eye field.
- EMG of reinnervated motor units: a simulation study.
- Effect of anatomical variability on neural stimulation strength and focality in electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) and magnetic seizure therapy (MST).
- Effect of changing feedback delay on spontaneous oscillations in smooth pursuit eye movements of monkeys.
- Effects of frequency-dependent membrane capacitance on neural excitability.
- Effects of neuromodulation in a cortical network model of object working memory dominated by recurrent inhibition.
- Effects of ramped-frequency thalamic deep brain stimulation on tremor and activity of modeled neurons.
- Effects of stochastic sodium channels on extracellular excitation of myelinated nerve fibers.
- Effects of synaptic noise and filtering on the frequency response of spiking neurons.
- Efferent synapses return to inner hair cells in the aging cochlea.
- Efficient coding of spatial information in the primate retina.
- Efficient supervised learning in networks with binary synapses.
- Electric Field Model of Transcranial Electric Stimulation in Nonhuman Primates: Correspondence to Individual Motor Threshold.
- Electric field stimulation of excitable tissue.
- Electric field strength and focality in electroconvulsive therapy and magnetic seizure therapy: a finite element simulation study.
- Electrical coupling mediates tunable low-frequency oscillations and resonance in the cerebellar Golgi cell network.
- Electrical localization of neural activity in the dorsal horn of the spinal cord: a modeling study.
- Embarrassed, but not depressed: eye opening lessons for cerebellar learning.
- Encoding of naturalistic stimuli by local field potential spectra in networks of excitatory and inhibitory neurons.
- Encoding of tactile stimulus location by somatosensory thalamocortical ensembles.
- Energy-efficient waveform shapes for neural stimulation revealed with a genetic algorithm.
- Estimating network parameters from combined dynamics of firing rate and irregularity of single neurons.
- Estimating stimulus response latency.
- Evaluating functional network inference using simulations of complex biological systems.
- Evaluation of EEG features in decoding individual finger movements from one hand.
- Evaluation of high-perimeter electrode designs for deep brain stimulation.
- Evaluation of intradural stimulation efficiency and selectivity in a computational model of spinal cord stimulation.
- Evidence for glutamate receptor autoimmunity in the pathogenesis of Rasmussen encephalitis.
- Evolution of neocortex.
- Evolution of visually guided behavior in artificial agents.
- Exact inferences in a neural implementation of a hidden Markov model.
- Examination of the choice of models for computing the extracellular potential of a single fibre in a restricted volume conductor.
- Excitation properties of computational models of unmyelinated peripheral axons.
- Excitatory synaptic site heterogeneity during paired pulse plasticity in CA1 pyramidal cells in rat hippocampus in vitro.
- Exercise-induced pain intensity predicted by pre-exercise fear of pain and pain sensitivity.
- Expanding the primate body schema in sensorimotor cortex by virtual touches of an avatar.
- Expectation and surprise determine neural population responses in the ventral visual stream.
- Experience-dependent changes in cerebellar contributions to motor sequence learning.
- Experimental and computational analysis of monkey smooth pursuit eye movements.
- Explaining neural signals in human visual cortex with an associative learning model.
- Exploring the superior colliculus in vitro.
- External Validation of Hematoma Expansion Scores in Spontaneous Intracerebral Hemorrhage in an Asian Patient Cohort.
- Extracellular stimulation of central neurons: influence of stimulus waveform and frequency on neuronal output.
- Fast endocytosis is inhibited by GABA-mediated chloride influx at a presynaptic terminal.
- Fast global oscillations in networks of integrate-and-fire neurons with low firing rates.
- Febrile convulsions and mesial temporal sclerosis.
- Fiber sorting in the fasciculus gracilis of squirrel monkeys.
- Fibers in smaller fascicles have lower activation thresholds with cuff electrodes due to thinner perineurium and smaller cross-sectional area.
- Field stimulation of 2-D sheets of excitable tissue.
- Field stimulation of cells in suspension: use of a hybrid finite element method.
- Figure-ground interaction in the human visual cortex.
- Finite element analysis of the current-density and electric field generated by metal microelectrodes.
- Finite element modeling and in vivo analysis of electrode configurations for selective stimulation of pudendal afferent fibers.
- Finite volume stiffness matrix for solving anisotropic cardiac propagation in 2-D and 3-D unstructured meshes.
- Firing frequency of leaky intergrate-and-fire neurons with synaptic current dynamics.
- Firing rate of the noisy quadratic integrate-and-fire neuron.
- Form-from-motion: MEG evidence for time course and processing sequence.
- Frequency-selective adaptation: evidence for channels in the vestibulo-ocular reflex?
- From subthreshold to firing-rate resonance.
- From synapse to network: models of information storage and retrieval in neural circuits.
- Functional connectivity in the retina at the resolution of photoreceptors.
- Further studies of a model for azimuthal encoding: lateral superior olive neuron response curves and developmental processes.
- Genetic algorithm reveals energy-efficient waveforms for neural stimulation.
- Genetics of emotional regulation: the role of the serotonin transporter in neural function.
- Glia and pain: is chronic pain a gliopathy?
- Global exponential synchronization of memristor-based recurrent neural networks with time-varying delays.
- Graph Matching: Relax at Your Own Risk.
- Graph auto-encoding brain networks with applications to analyzing large-scale brain imaging datasets.
- Group-constrained sparse fMRI connectivity modeling for mild cognitive impairment identification.
- Gustatory processing is dynamic and distributed.
- Hebbian learning of context in recurrent neural networks.
- Hemispheric asymmetry reduction in older adults: the HAROLD model.
- Hierarchical statistical shape models of multiobject anatomical structures: application to brain MRI.
- Hierarchical temporal processing deficit model of reality distortion and psychoses.
- High-frequency organization and synchrony of activity in the purkinje cell layer of the cerebellum.
- Hindlimb endpoint forces predict movement direction evoked by intraspinal microstimulation in cats.
- How and why neural and motor variation are related.
- How connectivity, background activity, and synaptic properties shape the cross-correlation between spike trains.
- How noise affects the synchronization properties of recurrent networks of inhibitory neurons.
- How spike generation mechanisms determine the neuronal response to fluctuating inputs.
- Ideal current dipoles are appropriate source representations for simulating neurons for intracranial recordings.
- Identification of an inhibitory circuit that regulates cerebellar Golgi cell activity.
- Identity of a pathway for saccadic suppression.
- Impact of signal-to-noise on functional MRI.
- Implanted neural interfaces: biochallenges and engineered solutions.
- Improved grading of IDH-mutated astrocytic gliomas.
- Impulsivity and the Modular Organization of Resting-State Neural Networks
- In situ deformations in the immature brain during rapid rotations.
- Independent component analyses for quantifying neuronal ensemble interactions.
- Independent sources of quantal variability at single glutamatergic synapses.
- Individual variability in the anatomical distribution of nodes participating in rich club structural networks.
- Induction of spine growth and synapse formation by regulation of the spine actin cytoskeleton.
- Influence of white matter conductivity anisotropy on electric field strength induced by electroconvulsive therapy.
- Influences of Age, Sex, and Moderate Alcohol Drinking on the Intrinsic Functional Architecture of Adolescent Brains.
- Influences of interpolation error, electrode geometry, and the electrode-tissue interface on models of electric fields produced by deep brain stimulation.
- Information processing in the primate retina: circuitry and coding.
- Information-limiting correlations.
- Insights from a simple expression for linear fisher information in a recurrently connected population of spiking neurons.
- Integrating human brain maps.
- Inter-mosaic coordination of retinal receptive fields.
- Interaction between the amygdala and the medial temporal lobe memory system predicts better memory for emotional events.
- Interactions between extracellular stimuli and excitation waves in an atrial reentrant loop.
- Internal models of eye movement in the floccular complex of the monkey cerebellum.
- Inversion of the current-distance relationship by transient depolarization.
- Investigating the tradeoffs between spatial resolution and diffusion sampling for brain mapping with diffusion tractography: time well spent?
- Is conflict monitoring supramodal? Spatiotemporal dynamics of cognitive control processes in an auditory Stroop task.
- Is cortical connectivity optimized for storing information?
- Ischemic modulation of vulnerable period and the effects of pharmacological treatment of ischemia-induced arrhythmias: a simulation study.
- It's about time for thalamocortical circuits.
- Kilohertz waveforms optimized to produce closed-state Na+ channel inactivation eliminate onset response in nerve conduction block.
- Kindling model of epilepsy.
- Large-Scale Network Coupling with the Fusiform Cortex Facilitates Future Social Motivation.
- Lateral inhibition and attention: comments on the neuropsychological theory of Walley and Weiden.
- Lateral prefrontal cortex and self-control in intertemporal choice.
- Learned birdsong and the neurobiology of human language.
- Learning on multiple timescales in smooth pursuit eye movements.
- Learning receptive fields using predictive feedback.
- Learning to control a brain-machine interface for reaching and grasping by primates.
- Learning. A mechanism of learning found?
- Lesions of an avian forebrain nucleus that disrupt song development alter synaptic connectivity and transmission in the vocal premotor pathway.
- Limitations of approximate solutions for computing the extracellular potential of single fibers and bundle equivalents.
- Long-lasting novelty-induced neuronal reverberation during slow-wave sleep in multiple forebrain areas.
- Mach bands as empirically derived associations.
- Magnetic resonance imaging at microscopic resolution reveals subtle morphological changes in a mouse model of dopaminergic hyperfunction.
- Mapping nonlinear receptive field structure in primate retina at single cone resolution.
- Marginalization in neural circuits with divisive normalization.
- Maturation of GABAergic inhibition promotes strengthening of temporally coherent inputs among convergent pathways.
- Maximum margin semi-supervised learning with irrelevant data.
- Measurement of the current-distance relationship using a novel refractory interaction technique.
- Mechanisms and functional roles of glutamatergic synapse diversity in a cerebellar circuit.
- Mechanisms and models of spinal cord stimulation for the treatment of neuropathic pain.
- Mechanisms regulating variability of the single photon responses of mammalian rod photoreceptors.
- Mechanisms underlying reversal of motor unit activation order in electrically evoked contractions after spinal cord injury.
- Membrane current from transmembrane potentials in complex core-conductor models
- Membrane currents underlying bursting pacemaker activity and spike frequency adaptation in invertebrates.
- Memory capacity of networks with stochastic binary synapses.
- Memory maintenance in synapses with calcium-based plasticity in the presence of background activity.
- Millimeter-scale epileptiform spike patterns and their relationship to seizures.
- Model calculations of time dependent responses to binaural stimuli in the dorsal nucleus of the lateral lemniscus.
- Model of global spontaneous activity and local structured activity during delay periods in the cerebral cortex.
- Model-based analysis and design of nerve cuff electrodes for restoring bladder function by selective stimulation of the pudendal nerve.
- Model-based analysis and design of waveforms for efficient neural stimulation.
- Model-based analysis of multiple electrode array stimulation for epiretinal visual prostheses.
- Model-based deconstruction of cortical evoked potentials generated by subthalamic nucleus deep brain stimulation.
- Modeling deep brain stimulation: point source approximation versus realistic representation of the electrode.
- Modeling effects of spinal cord stimulation on wide-dynamic range dorsal horn neurons: influence of stimulation frequency and GABAergic inhibition.
- Modeling memory: what do we learn from attractor neural networks?
- Modeling regional dynamics in low-frequency fluctuation and its application to Autism spectrum disorder diagnosis.
- Modeling the effects of electric fields on nerve fibers: determination of excitation thresholds.
- Modeling the effects of sinusoidal stimulation and synaptic plasticity on linked neural oscillators.
- Modeling the excitability of mammalian nerve fibers: influence of afterpotentials on the recovery cycle.
- Modeling the response of small myelinated axons in a compound nerve to kilohertz frequency signals.
- Modeling the spinal pudendo-vesical reflex for bladder control by pudendal afferent stimulation.
- Modelling the effects of electric fields on nerve fibres: influence of the myelin sheath.
- Models of dopaminergic and serotonergic signaling.
- Modified cable equation incorporating transverse polarization of neuronal membranes for accurate coupling of electric fields.
- Modulation of Complex-Spike Duration and Probability during Cerebellar Motor Learning in Visually Guided Smooth-Pursuit Eye Movements of Monkeys.
- Modulation of Synaptic Plasticity by Glutamatergic Gliotransmission: A Modeling Study.
- Modulation of network excitability by persistent activity: how working memory affects the response to incoming stimuli.
- Molecular signaling mechanisms underlying epileptogenesis.
- Monitoring Demands for Executive Control: Shared Functions between Human and Nonhuman Primates.
- Morphological features of the entorhinal-hippocampal connection.
- Morphometric analysis of the C57BL/6J mouse brain.
- Motor circuits are required to encode a sensory model for imitative learning.
- Motor learning in a recurrent network model based on the vestibulo-ocular reflex.
- Multi-Directional Dynamic Model for Traumatic Brain Injury Detection.
- Multi-atlas based simultaneous labeling of longitudinal dynamic cortical surfaces in infants.
- Multi-site harmonization of diffusion MRI data in a registration framework.
- Multichannel electrophysiological spike sorting via joint dictionary learning and mixture modeling
- Multimodal characterization of the human nucleus accumbens.
- Multiple determinants of lifespan memory differences.
- Multiple time scales in simple habituation.
- Multisensory guidance of orienting behavior.
- Mutual information, Fisher information, and population coding.
- NMDA receptor plasticity in the kindling model.
- Negative resistance characteristic essential for the maintenance of slow oscillations in bursting neurons.
- Network connections that evolve to circumvent the inverse optics problem.
- Neural Circuits Underlying Visually Evoked Escapes in Larval Zebrafish.
- Neural bases of different cognitive strategies for facial affect processing in schizophrenia.
- Neural basis for motor learning in the vestibuloocular reflex of primates. III. Computational and behavioral analysis of the sites of learning.
- Neural correlates of single-vessel haemodynamic responses in vivo.
- Neural dynamics underlying birdsong practice and performance.
- Neural implementation of Bayesian inference in a sensorimotor behavior.
- Neural mechanisms underlying probabilistic category learning in normal aging.
- Neural network classification of nerve activity recorded in a mixed nerve.
- Neural substrates of vocalization feedback monitoring in primate auditory cortex.
- Neuroengineering challenges of fusing robotics and neuroscience.
- Neuron's eye view: Inferring features of complex stimuli from neural responses.
- Neuronal Adaptation Reveals a Suboptimal Decoding of Orientation Tuned Populations in the Mouse Visual Cortex.
- Neuronal correlates of serial decision-making in the supplementary eye field
- Neuroprediction of future rearrest.
- Neuroscience and computation.
- New methods of time series analysis of non-stationary EEG data: eigenstructure decompositions of time varying autoregressions.
- Noise correlations in cortical area MT and their potential impact on trial-by-trial variation in the direction and speed of smooth-pursuit eye movements.
- Noncompartmental kinetic analysis of DCE-MRI data from malignant tumors: Application to glioblastoma treated with bevacizumab.
- Not noisy, just wrong: the role of suboptimal inference in behavioral variability.
- Odor identity coding by distributed ensembles of neurons in the mouse olfactory cortex.
- On the distribution of firing rates in networks of cortical neurons.
- On the dynamics of generalization.
- On the maximization of information flow between spiking neurons.
- On the parameters used in finite element modeling of compound peripheral nerves.
- On the stimulation depth of transcranial magnetic stimulation coils.
- Optimal information storage and the distribution of synaptic weights: perceptron versus Purkinje cell.
- Optimal properties of analog perceptrons with excitatory weights.
- Optimization of magnetic neurostimulation waveforms for minimum power loss.
- Optimizing a linear algorithm for real-time robotic control using chronic cortical ensemble recordings in monkeys.
- Optokinetic response in monkey: underlying mechanisms and their sensitivity to long-term adaptive changes in vestibuloocular reflex.
- Orientation Selectivity from Very Sparse LGN Inputs in a Comprehensive Model of Macaque V1 Cortex.
- Orofacial pain prospective evaluation and risk assessment study--the OPPERA study.
- Overlapping brain activity between episodic memory encoding and retrieval: roles of the task-positive and task-negative networks.
- Partial disruption of fear conditioning in rats with unilateral amygdala damage: correspondence with unilateral temporal lobectomy in humans.
- Pathophysiology of the blood-brain barrier: animal models and methods.
- Perceptual learning as improved probabilistic inference in early sensory areas.
- Peripheral nerve regeneration: an opinion on channels, scaffolds and anisotropy.
- Persistent activity and the single-cell frequency-current curve in a cortical network model.
- Physiologic basis for motor learning in the vestibulo-ocular reflex.
- Plasticity in the vestibulo-ocular reflex: a new hypothesis.
- Plasticity of directional place fields in a model of rodent CA3.
- Practical Bayesian inference using mixtures of mixtures.
- Precision of neural timing: effects of convergence and time-windowing.
- Predicting auditory tone-in-noise detection performance: the effects of neural variability.
- Predicting dynamic range and intensity discrimination for electrical pulse-train stimuli using a stochastic auditory nerve model: the effects of stimulus noise.
- Predicting the threshold of pulse-train electrical stimuli using a stochastic auditory nerve model: the effects of stimulus noise.
- Predicting the threshold of single-pulse electrical stimuli using a stochastic auditory nerve model: the effects of noise.
- Prediction of myelinated nerve fiber stimulation thresholds: limitations of linear models.
- Prediction signals in the cerebellum: beyond supervised motor learning.
- Predictions of psychophysical measurements for sinusoidal amplitude modulated (SAM) pulse-train stimuli from a stochastic model.
- Predictive accuracy in the neuroprediction of rearrest.
- Predictive codes for forthcoming perception in the frontal cortex.
- Predictive models of resting state networks for assessment of altered functional connectivity in mild cognitive impairment.
- Presynaptic inhibition of spinal sensory feedback ensures smooth movement.
- Principles of operation of a cerebellar learning circuit.
- Probabilistic brains: knowns and unknowns.
- Probabilistic population codes and the exponential family of distributions.
- Probabilistic population codes for Bayesian decision making.
- Propagation model using the DiFrancesco-Noble equations. Comparison to reported experimental results.
- Properties of artificial networks evolved to contend with natural spectra.
- Properties of signals that determine the amplitude and direction of saccadic eye movements in monkeys.
- Pseudospontaneous activity: stochastic independence of auditory nerve fibers with electrical stimulation.
- Pulse-to-pulse changes in the frequency of deep brain stimulation affect tremor and modeled neuronal activity.
- Pursuit of the mechanisms of kindling.
- Pushing spatial and temporal resolution for functional and diffusion MRI in the Human Connectome Project.
- Random Wiring, Ganglion Cell Mosaics, and the Functional Architecture of the Visual Cortex.
- Rapid spine stabilization and synaptic enhancement at the onset of behavioural learning.
- Recent advances in research on early detection, causes, biology, and treatment of autism spectrum disorders.
- Reconstruction of target speed for the guidance of pursuit eye movements.
- Reduction of single-neuron firing uncertainty by cortical ensembles during motor skill learning.
- Regulating emotion through distancing: A taxonomy, neurocognitive model, and supporting meta-analysis.
- Relationship between adapted neural population responses in MT and motion adaptation in speed and direction of smooth-pursuit eye movements.
- Relative contributions of local cell and passing fiber activation and silencing to changes in thalamic fidelity during deep brain stimulation and lesioning: a computational modeling study.
- Response nonlinearities in networks of spiking neurons.
- Response of human thalamic neurons to high-frequency stimulation.
- Resting-state activity in development and maintenance of normal brain function.
- Retrograde axonal transport of locally synthesized phosphoinositides in the rat sciatic nerve.
- Retrospective and prospective persistent activity induced by Hebbian learning in a recurrent cortical network.
- Reverberation, storage, and postsynaptic propagation of memories during sleep.
- Rhythm and Synchrony in a Cortical Network Model.
- Robustness of a neural network model for differencing.
- Role of arcuate frontal cortex of monkeys in smooth pursuit eye movements. II. Relation to vector averaging pursuit.
- Role of delays in shaping spatiotemporal dynamics of neuronal activity in large networks.
- Role of parietal regions in episodic memory retrieval: the dual attentional processes hypothesis.
- SR1, a mouse odorant receptor with an unusually broad response profile.
- STDP in a bistable synapse model based on CaMKII and associated signaling pathways.
- Scaled medial axis representation: evidence from position discrimination task.
- Scene statistics and noise determine the relative arrangement of receptive field mosaics.
- Schizophrenia is a disorder of higher order hierarchical processing.
- Schizophrenic-like neurocognitive deficits in children and adolescents with 22q11 deletion syndrome.
- Selective microstimulation of central nervous system neurons.
- Self-enhancement processing in the default network: a single-pulse TMS study.
- Self-phase modulation signatures of neuronal activity
- Semantic priming in a cortical network model.
- Sensitivity analysis of a model of mammalian neural membrane.
- Sensitivity of temporal excitation properties to the neuronal element activated by extracellular stimulation.
- Sensory population decoding for visually guided movements.
- Sensory-motor transformations for speech occur bilaterally.
- Shifting attention to neurons.
- Signal, Noise, and Variation in Neural and Sensory-Motor Latency.
- Simulation of concentric needle EMG motor unit action potentials.
- Simulation of transcranial magnetic stimulation in head model with morphologically-realistic cortical neurons.
- Single neuron dynamics and computation.
- Sites of neuronal excitation by epiretinal electrical stimulation.
- Size contrast and assimilation explained by the statistics of natural scene geometry.
- Some observations on fibrillations and positive sharp waves.
- Sparsely synchronized neuronal oscillations.
- Spatial properties and functional organization of small bistratified ganglion cells in primate retina.
- Specification of epibranchial placodes in zebrafish.
- Spike avalanches exhibit universal dynamics across the sleep-wake cycle.
- Spiking networks for Bayesian inference and choice.
- Spinal sensory projection neuron responses to spinal cord stimulation are mediated by circuits beyond gate control.
- Spontaneous cortical activity in awake monkeys composed of neuronal avalanches.
- Stable propagation of a burst through a one-dimensional homogeneous excitatory chain model of songbird nucleus HVC.
- State-space model with deep learning for functional dynamics estimation in resting-state fMRI.
- Stationarity and redundancy of multichannel EEG data recorded during generalized tonic-clonic seizures.
- Statistical Model of Motor-Evoked Potentials.
- Statistical properties of Jacobian maps and the realization of unbiased large-deformation nonlinear image registration.
- Stimulation Efficiency With Decaying Exponential Waveforms in a Wirelessly Powered Switched-Capacitor Discharge Stimulation System.
- Stimulus dependence of local field potential spectra: experiment versus theory.
- Stimulus encoding within the barn owl optic tectum using gamma oscillations vs. spike rate: a modeling approach.
- Stimulus features underlying reduced tremor suppression with temporally patterned deep brain stimulation.
- Storage of correlated patterns in standard and bistable Purkinje cell models.
- Storing structured sparse memories in a multi-modular cortical network model.
- Striatal fast-spiking interneurons selectively modulate circuit output and are required for habitual behavior.
- Structural Controllability Predicts Functional Patterns and Brain Stimulation Benefits Associated with Working Memory.
- Structural features of the terminal loop region of frog retinal rod outer segment disk membranes: III. Implications of the terminal loop complex for disk morphogenesis, membrane fusion, and cell surface interactions.
- Subcellular domain-restricted GABAergic innervation in primary visual cortex in the absence of sensory and thalamic inputs.
- Subcellular organization of GABAergic synapses: role of ankyrins and L1 cell adhesion molecules.
- Subject-Specific Multiscale Modeling to Investigate Effects of Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation.
- Supralinear increase of recurrent inhibition during sparse activity in the somatosensory cortex.
- Surface visualization of electromagnetic brain activity.
- Surprise! A unifying model of dorsal anterior cingulate function?
- Synaptic basis for developmental plasticity in a birdsong nucleus.
- Synaptic mechanisms and network dynamics underlying spatial working memory in a cortical network model.
- Synaptic mechanisms for auditory-vocal integration and the correction of vocal errors.
- Synaptic plasticity rules with physiological calcium levels.
- Temporal decorrelation of collective oscillations in neural networks with local inhibition and long-range excitation.
- Temporal events in cyclopean vision.
- Temporal excitation properties of paresthesias evoked by thalamic microstimulation.
- Temporal pattern of stimulation modulates reflex bladder activation by pudendal nerve stimulation.
- Tensor network factorizations: Relationships between brain structural connectomes and traits.
- Thalamocortical [correction of Thalamcortical] optimization of tactile processing according to behavioral state.
- The Basal Ganglia in Action.
- The Role of Serotonin (5-HT) in Behavioral Control: Findings from Animal Research and Clinical Implications.
- The calcium-activated chloride channel anoctamin 1 acts as a heat sensor in nociceptive neurons.
- The changing view of neural specificity.
- The choice between the positive and negative structures for nerve myelin.
- The contribution of neuropsychology to psychiatry.
- The contribution of vertical and horizontal connections to the receptive field center and surround in V1.
- The development of gyrification in childhood and adolescence.
- The effect of stimulus pulse duration on selectivity of neural stimulation.
- The evolution and implications of population and modular neural coding ideas.
- The impact of chronic blood-brain barrier breach on intracortical electrode function.
- The mechanisms of manual therapy in the treatment of musculoskeletal pain: a comprehensive model.
- The multifaceted interplay between attention and multisensory integration.
- The neural representation of speed in macaque area MT/V5.
- The orientation selectivity of color-responsive neurons in macaque V1.
- The perception of transparent three-dimensional objects.
- The posterior medial cortex in urologic chronic pelvic pain syndrome: detachment from default mode network-a resting-state study from the MAPP Research Network.
- The representation of S-cone signals in primary visual cortex.
- The role of animal models in evaluating reasonable safety and efficacy for human trials of cell-based interventions for neurologic conditions.
- The role of frontal lobe functioning in the development of infant self-regulatory behavior.
- The role of the basal ganglia in habit formation.
- The statistical structure of natural light patterns determines perceived light intensity.
- The structure of multi-neuron firing patterns in primate retina.
- The temporal dynamics of the effects in occipital cortex of visual-spatial selective attention.
- The wagon wheel illusion in movies and reality.
- Theoretical analysis of radioactivity profiles during fast axonal transport: effects of deposition and turnover.
- Threshold variability in fibers with field stimulation of excitable membranes.
- Thresholds for transverse stimulation: fiber bundles in a uniform field.
- Topological analysis of population activity in visual cortex.
- Toward a Transformed Understanding: From Pain and Movement to Pain With Movement.
- Towards the study of functional brain development in depression: an Interactive Specialization approach.
- Transcranial alternating current stimulation entrains alpha oscillations by preferential phase synchronization of fast-spiking cortical neurons to stimulation waveform.
- Transcriptome and epigenome landscape of human cortical development modeled in organoids.
- Tremor reduction and modeled neural activity during cycling thalamic deep brain stimulation.
- Two models for transforming auditory signals from head-centered to eye-centered coordinates.
- Uncovering the heterogeneity and temporal complexity of neurodegenerative diseases with Subtype and Stage Inference.
- Understanding the relationships between spike rate and delta/gamma frequency bands of LFPs and EEGs using a local cortical network model.
- Understanding the temporal evolution of neuronal connectivity in cultured networks using statistical analysis.
- Unified thalamic model generates multiple distinct oscillations with state-dependent entrainment by stimulation.
- Unraveling the Mechanisms of Manual Therapy: Modeling an Approach.
- Unsupervised classification of high-frequency oscillations in human neocortical epilepsy and control patients.
- Use of graph theory to evaluate brain networks: a clinical tool for a small world?
- Variability in the analysis of a single neuroimaging dataset by many teams.
- Variation and selection in neural function.
- Vector averaging occurs downstream from learning in smooth pursuit eye movements of monkeys.
- Very long transients, irregular firing, and chaotic dynamics in networks of randomly connected inhibitory integrate-and-fire neurons.
- Visual Prediction Error Spreads Across Object Features in Human Visual Cortex.
- Visual motion commands for pursuit eye movements in the cerebellum.
- Visual motion processing and sensory-motor integration for smooth pursuit eye movements.
- Visual- and saccade-related signals in the primate inferior colliculus.
- Voltage-dependent effects of opioid peptides on hippocampal CA3 pyramidal neurons in vitro.
- Volume conductor model of transcutaneous electrical stimulation with kilohertz signals.
- Where neuroimaging and lesion studies meet.
- White Matter Tract-Oriented Deformation Is Dependent on Real-Time Axonal Fiber Orientation.
- mGluR modulation of post-traumatic neuronal death: role of NMDA receptors.
Keywords of People
- Cabeza, Roberto, Professor of Psychology and Neuroscience, Duke Science & Society
- Hartemink, Alexander J., Professor in the Department of Computer Science, Biology
- Henriquez, Craig S., Professor of Biomedical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering
- Johnson, Elizabeth, Adjunct Assistant Professor in the Department of Neurobiology, Neurobiology
- Johnson, G. Allan, Charles E. Putman University Distinguished Professor of Radiology, Biomedical Engineering
- Neu, Wanda Krassowska, Professor Emeritus of Biomedical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering
- Turner, Dennis Alan, Professor of Neurosurgery, Biomedical Engineering