Subject Areas on Research
- A highly polarized TH2 bladder response to infection promotes epithelial repair at the expense of preventing new infections.
- A phase I/II trial of twice daily irradiation and concurrent chemotherapy for locally advanced squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck.
- Ablative therapies for Barrett's esophagus.
- Agrin in the Muscularis Mucosa Serves as a Biomarker Distinguishing Hyperplastic Polyps from Sessile Serrated Lesions.
- Aldehyde dehydrogenase inhibition blocks mucosal fibrosis in human and mouse ocular scarring.
- Altered balance between Th17 and Th1 cells at mucosal sites predicts AIDS progression in simian immunodeficiency virus-infected macaques.
- Analysis of vaginal microbicide film hydration kinetics by quantitative imaging refractometry.
- Antibody to the gp120 V1/V2 loops and CD4+ and CD8+ T cell responses in protection from SIVmac251 vaginal acquisition and persistent viremia.
- B cell responses to HIV-1 infection and vaccination: pathways to preventing infection.
- Bacterial penetration of the mucosal barrier by targeting lipid rafts.
- Broadly Neutralizing Antibodies Display Potential for Prevention of HIV-1 Infection of Mucosal Tissue Superior to That of Nonneutralizing Antibodies.
- CD161 contributes to prenatal immune suppression of IFNγ-producing PLZF+ T cells.
- CD169-dependent cell-associated HIV-1 transmission: a driver of virus dissemination.
- CMV Primes Functional Alternative Signaling in Adaptive Δg NK Cells but Is Subverted by Lentivirus Infection in Rhesus Macaques.
- CT mucosal window settings: a novel approach to evaluating early T-stage head and neck carcinoma.
- Characterization of colibactin-associated mutational signature in an Asian oral squamous cell carcinoma and in other mucosal tumor types.
- Comparative Immunogenicity of HIV-1 gp140 Vaccine Delivered by Parenteral, and Mucosal Routes in Female Volunteers; MUCOVAC2, A Randomized Two Centre Study.
- Comparison of systemic and mucosal delivery of 2 canarypox virus vaccines expressing either HIV-1 genes or the gene for rabies virus G protein.
- Comparison of systemic and mucosal immunization with helper-dependent adenoviruses for vaccination against mucosal challenge with SHIV.
- Comparison of systemic and mucosal vaccination: impact on intravenous and rectal SIV challenge.
- Compartmental transport model of microbicide delivery by an intravaginal ring.
- Conference on advances in AIDS vaccine development--1993. Summary: correlates of HIV Immunity Working Group.
- DNA-MVA-protein vaccination of rhesus macaques induces HIV-specific immunity in mucosal-associated lymph nodes and functional antibodies.
- Deducing Mucosal Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics of the Anti-HIV Molecule Tenofovir from Measurements in Blood.
- Deficiency of Mucosal-Associated Invariant T Cells in TCRJα18 Germline Knockout Mice.
- Depth of Muscularis Propria Invasion Does Not Prognosticate Survival in T2 Esophageal Adenocarcinoma.
- Dermatitis herpetiformis and the mucosal immune response.
- Double blind randomized trial of sucralfate vs placebo during radical radiotherapy for head and neck cancers.
- Dry powder vaccines for mucosal administration: critical factors in manufacture and delivery.
- Effect of vasopressin and serosal hypertonicity on toad urinary bladder.
- Elite Control, Gut CD4 T Cell Sparing, and Enhanced Mucosal T Cell Responses in Macaca nemestrina Infected by a Simian Immunodeficiency Virus Lacking a gp41 Trafficking Motif.
- Expanding opportunities to engineer mucosal vaccination with biomaterials.
- Expression of CD1d and ligand-induced cytokine production are tissue specific in mucosal epithelia of the human lower reproductive tract.
- Functional Perturbation of Mucosal Group 3 Innate Lymphoid and Natural Killer Cells in Simian-Human Immunodeficiency Virus/Simian Immunodeficiency Virus-Infected Infant Rhesus Macaques.
- HIV-1-negative female sex workers sustain high cervical IFNɛ, low immune activation, and low expression of HIV-1-required host genes.
- Hailey-Hailey disease with acantholysis of the oral and oesophagogastric mucosa.
- Helper T cell subsets for immunoglobulin A responses: oral immunization with tetanus toxoid and cholera toxin as adjuvant selectively induces Th2 cells in mucosa associated tissues.
- Helper Th1 and Th2 cell responses following mucosal or systemic immunization with cholera toxin.
- High-resolution cross-sectional imaging of the gastrointestinal tract using optical coherence tomography: preliminary results.
- Immune and Genetic Correlates of Vaccine Protection Against Mucosal Infection by SIV in Monkeys.
- Incidence, Risk Factors, and Outcomes of Patients Who Develop Mucosal Barrier Injury-Laboratory Confirmed Bloodstream Infections in the First 100 Days After Allogeneic Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant.
- Influence of age on the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of oral transmucosal fentanyl citrate.
- Intranasal immunization is superior to vaginal, gastric, or rectal immunization for the induction of systemic and mucosal anti-HIV antibody responses.
- Intravascular food reward.
- Irgm1-deficiency leads to myeloid dysfunction in colon lamina propria and susceptibility to the intestinal pathogen Citrobacter rodentium.
- Label-free analysis of tenofovir delivery to vaginal tissue using co-registered confocal Raman spectroscopy and optical coherence tomography.
- Low plasma concentrations of retinol and alpha-tocopherol in hematopoietic stem cell transplant recipients: the effect of mucositis and the risk of infection.
- Malignant melanoma of the mucous membranes: a review of 119 cases.
- Marrow transplantation for Fanconi anemia with or without leukemic transformation: an update of the Seattle experience.
- Middle ear packing: comparison of materials in an animal model of mucosal trauma.
- Morphologic features of 115 lymphomas of the orbit and ocular adnexa categorized according to the World Health Organization classification: are marginal zone lymphomas in the orbit mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue-type lymphomas?
- Mucosal and systemic anti-HIV responses in rhesus macaques following combinations of intranasal and parenteral immunizations.
- Mucosal candidiasis elicits NF-κB activation, proinflammatory gene expression and localized neutrophilia in zebrafish.
- Mucosal co-infections and HIV-1 transmission and pathogenesis.
- Mucosal human defensins 5 and 6 antagonize the anti-HIV activity of candidate polyanion microbicides.
- Mucosal melanoma of the female genitalia: a clinicopathologic study of forty-three cases at Duke University Medical Center.
- Mucosal melanoma of the head and neck.
- Mucosal melanoma.
- Mucosal targeting of a BoNT/A subunit vaccine adjuvanted with a mast cell activator enhances induction of BoNT/A neutralizing antibodies in rabbits.
- Mucosal vaccine development for botulinum intoxication.
- Mucosal vaccine targeting improves onset of mucosal and systemic immunity to botulinum neurotoxin A.
- Multicompartmental pharmacokinetic model of tenofovir delivery by a vaginal gel.
- Neutralization Takes Precedence Over IgG or IgA Isotype-related Functions in Mucosal HIV-1 Antibody-mediated Protection.
- Non-replicating mucosal and systemic vaccines: quantitative and qualitative differences in the Ag-specific CD8(+) T cell population in different tissues.
- Nonmucosal alphavirus vaccination stimulates a mucosal inductive environment in the peripheral draining lymph node.
- Novel intranasal pertussis vaccine based on bacterium-like particles as a mucosal adjuvant.
- Ocular mucosal CD11b+ and CD103+ mouse dendritic cells under normal conditions and in allergic immune responses.
- Oral Coadministration of an Intramuscular DNA/Modified Vaccinia Ankara Vaccine for Simian Immunodeficiency Virus Is Associated with Better Control of Infection in Orally Exposed Infant Macaques.
- Pathogenicity and mucosal transmissibility of the R5-tropic simian/human immunodeficiency virus SHIV(AD8) in rhesus macaques: implications for use in vaccine studies.
- Personalized Radiation Attenuating Materials for Gastrointestinal Mucosal Protection.
- Phenamil: an irreversible inhibitor of sodium channels in the toad urinary bladder.
- Photodynamic therapy of Barrett's esophagus: ablation of Barrett's mucosa and reduction in p53 protein expression after treatment.
- Porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus induces pronounced immune modulatory responses at mucosal tissues in the parental vaccine strain VR2332 infected pigs.
- Prenatal exposure to stilbestrol. A prospective comparison of exposed female offspring with unexposed controls.
- Protein kinase C and Ca2+ activation of mucin secretion in airway goblet cells.
- Radioprotective effects of amifostine on acute and chronic esophageal injury in rodents.
- Recombinant Mycobacterium bovis bacillus Calmette-Guerin elicits human immunodeficiency virus type 1 envelope-specific T lymphocytes at mucosal sites.
- Rectal tissue and vaginal tissue from intravenous VRC01 recipients show protection against ex vivo HIV-1 challenge.
- Repeated semen exposure decreases cervicovaginal SIVmac251 infection in rhesus macaques.
- Role of murine intestinal interleukin-1 receptor 1-expressing lymphoid tissue inducer-like cells in Salmonella infection.
- Safety and immunogenicity of an HIV-1 recombinant canarypox vaccine in newborns and infants of HIV-1-infected women.
- Submucosal glands are the predominant site of CFTR expression in the human bronchus.
- Swine influenza H1N1 virus induces acute inflammatory immune responses in pig lungs: a potential animal model for human H1N1 influenza virus.
- Systemic administration of an HIV-1 broadly neutralizing dimeric IgA yields mucosal secretory IgA and virus neutralization.
- Systemic and mucosal mobilization of granulocyte subsets during lentiviral infection.
- T cell-inducing vaccine durably prevents mucosal SHIV infection even with lower neutralizing antibody titers.
- The Duke AFM Program. Intensive induction chemotherapy for metastatic breast cancer.
- The Presence and Anti-HIV-1 Function of Tenascin C in Breast Milk and Genital Fluids.
- The Roles of T cells in Bladder Pathologies.
- The common mucosal immune system: from basic principles to enteric vaccines with relevance for the female reproductive tract.
- The effect of cocaine on sperm motility characteristics and bovine cervical mucus penetration.
- The efficacy of anti-PD-1 agents in acral and mucosal melanoma.
- The immune response to HIV: implications for vaccine development.
- The magnitude and kinetics of the mucosal HIV-specific CD8+ T lymphocyte response and virus RNA load in breast milk.
- The pathogenesis of dermatitis herpetiformis.
- Transmitted/founder and chronic subtype C HIV-1 use CD4 and CCR5 receptors with equal efficiency and are not inhibited by blocking the integrin α4β7.
- Up-Regulation of PARP1 Expression Significantly Correlated with Poor Survival in Mucosal Melanomas.
- Ureteral mullerianosis.
- Vaccination with Live Attenuated Simian Immunodeficiency Virus (SIV) Protects from Mucosal, but Not Necessarily Intravenous, Challenge with a Minimally Heterologous SIV.
- Vaccine induction of antibodies and tissue-resident CD8+ T cells enhances protection against mucosal SHIV-infection in young macaques.
- Vaccine with bacterium-like particles displaying HIV-1 gp120 trimer elicits specific mucosal responses and neutralizing antibodies in rhesus macaques.
- Vaginal deployment and tenofovir delivery by microbicide gels.
- Vaginal epithelial changes in young women enrolled in the National Cooperative Diethylstilbestrol Adenosis (DESAD) project.
- Zinc acetate/carrageenan gels exhibit potent activity in vivo against high-dose herpes simplex virus 2 vaginal and rectal challenge.
- [Current perspectives of orthogonal polarization spectral imaging in plastic surgery].
- mTOR is critical for intestinal T-cell homeostasis and resistance to Citrobacter rodentium.
Keywords of People
- Cohen, Seth Morris, Professor of Head and Neck Surgery & Communication Sciences, Head and Neck Surgery & Communication Sciences
- Ferrari, Guido, Professor in Surgery, Molecular Genetics and Microbiology
- Katz, David F., Nello L. Teer, Jr. Distinguished Professor of Biomedical Engineering, in the Edmund T. Pratt, Jr. School of Engineering, Biomedical Engineering
- Staats, Herman Ford, Professor of Pathology, Integrative Immunobiology
- Wax, Adam P., Professor of Biomedical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering
- Woodward, Julie Ann, Professor of Ophthalmology, Dermatology