Subject Areas on Research
- "Short course" bortezomib plus melphalan and prednisone as induction prior to transplant or as frontline therapy for nontransplant candidates in patients with previously untreated multiple myeloma.
- 2,3,7,8-Tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin (TCDD) induces peripheral blood abnormalities and plasma cell neoplasms resembling multiple myeloma in mice.
- A Phase I study of arsenic trioxide (Trisenox), ascorbic acid, and bortezomib (Velcade) combination therapy in patients with relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma.
- A Phase I-II trial of polyethylene glycol-conjugated L-asparaginase in patients with multiple myeloma.
- A Phase II Study of Venetoclax in Combination With Pomalidomide and Dexamethasone in Relapsed/Refractory Multiple Myeloma.
- A Qualitative Study of the Experiences of Living With Multiple Myeloma.
- A comparative study of the generation of dendritic cells from mobilized peripheral blood progenitor cells of patients undergoing high-dose chemotherapy.
- A cross-sectional observational study of health-related quality of life in adults with multiple myeloma.
- A dose-finding Phase 2 study of single agent isatuximab (anti-CD38 mAb) in relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma.
- A multicenter pilot evaluation of the National Institutes of Health chronic graft-versus-host disease (cGVHD) therapeutic response measures: feasibility, interrater reliability, and minimum detectable change.
- A phase 1/2 study of an adjuvanted varicella-zoster virus subunit vaccine in autologous hematopoietic cell transplant recipients.
- A phase 1b dose-escalation/expansion study of BET inhibitor RO6870810 in patients with advanced multiple myeloma.
- A phase 2 study of isatuximab monotherapy in patients with multiple myeloma who are refractory to daratumumab.
- Age and the treatment of multiple myeloma. Southeastern Cancer Study Group experience.
- Age as a prognostic factor in multiple myeloma.
- Alterations in bone marrow metabolism are an early and consistent feature during the development of MGUS and multiple myeloma.
- American Society of Clinical Oncology 2007 clinical practice guideline update on the role of bisphosphonates in multiple myeloma.
- An approach to monoclonal gammopathies in the elderly.
- Analysis of Common Eligibility Criteria of Randomized Controlled Trials in Newly Diagnosed Multiple Myeloma Patients and Extrapolating Outcomes.
- Analysis of carfilzomib cardiovascular safety profile across relapsed and/or refractory multiple myeloma clinical trials.
- Antinuclear antibodies and nuclear antigens in NZB myeloma ascitic fluids.
- Assessment of myeloma maintenance regimen of prednisone. Adriamycin, imuran, and vincristine in a murine plasmacytoma model.
- Association between Kidney Function, Proteinuria and the Risk of Multiple Myeloma: A Population-Based Retrospective Cohort Study in South Korea.
- Association between race and treatment patterns and survival outcomes in multiple myeloma: A Connect MM Registry analysis.
- Association of High-Deductible Health Plan Enrollment With Spending on and Use of Lenalidomide Therapy Among Commercially Insured Patients With Multiple Myeloma.
- Association of Socioeconomic Status with Outcomes of Autologous Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation for Multiple Myeloma.
- Associations between Alcohol Consumption Patterns and Risk of Multiple Myeloma: A Nationwide Cohort Study in South Korea.
- Autologous Transplantation, Consolidation, and Maintenance Therapy in Multiple Myeloma: Results of the BMT CTN 0702 Trial.
- Autologous/Allogeneic Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation versus Tandem Autologous Transplantation for Multiple Myeloma: Comparison of Long-Term Postrelapse Survival.
- Bendamustine, pomalidomide, and dexamethasone for relapsed and/or refractory multiple myeloma.
- Beyond Mirels: Factors Influencing Surgical Outcome of Metastasis to the Extremities in the Modern Era.
- Bortezomib, dexamethasone, cyclophosphamide and lenalidomide combination for newly diagnosed multiple myeloma: phase 1 results from the multicenter EVOLUTION study.
- CD3-positive plasmablastic B-cell neoplasms: a diagnostic pitfall.
- Carfilzomib, pomalidomide, and dexamethasone for relapsed or refractory myeloma.
- Cases from the Osler medical service at Johns Hopkins University.
- Chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T-cell therapy for multiple myeloma.
- Cisplatin, BCNU, cyclophosphamide, and prednisone in multiple myeloma.
- Citrullination of histone H3 drives IL-6 production by bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells in MGUS and multiple myeloma.
- Clinical applications of dendritic cell vaccines.
- Clinical characteristics and outcomes in biclonal gammopathies.
- Clinical characteristics of testicular extramedullary involvement in multiple myeloma.
- Combination chemotherapy with intermittent 1-3-bis(2-chloroethyl)1-nitrosourea (BCNU), cyclophosphamide, and prednisone for multiple myeloma.
- Comparison of Cilta-cel, an Anti-BCMA CAR-T Cell Therapy, Versus Conventional Treatment in Patients With Relapsed/Refractory Multiple Myeloma.
- Comparison of two long-term chemotherapy regimens, with or without agents to modify skeletal repair, in multiple myeloma.
- Concomitant Waldenstrom macroglobulinemia and IgA plasmablastic myeloma in a patient with untreated IgM paraproteinemia: sequential development of biclonal B-cell neoplasms over a 10-year period in a single individual.
- Connect MM Registry as a national reference for United States multiple myeloma patients.
- Connect MM Registry: The Importance of Establishing Baseline Disease Characteristics.
- Connect MM® - the Multiple Myeloma Disease Registry: incidence of second primary malignancies in patients treated with lenalidomide.
- Consensus guidelines on plasma cell myeloma minimal residual disease analysis and reporting.
- Consolidation and maintenance therapy in multiple myeloma: randomized comparison of a new approach to therapy after initial response to treatment.
- Cyclophosphamide-based hematopoietic stem cell mobilization before autologous stem cell transplantation in newly diagnosed multiple myeloma.
- Cytologic findings in vitreous fluids. Analysis of 74 specimens.
- Daratumumab Use Prior to Kidney Transplant and T Cell-Mediated Rejection: A Case Report.
- Development of a prognostic model for overall survival in multiple myeloma using the Connect® MM Patient Registry.
- Diagnostic and clinical considerations in concomitant bone marrow involvement by plasma cell myeloma and chronic lymphocytic leukemia/monoclonal B-cell lymphocytosis: a series of 15 cases and review of literature.
- Dielectrophoresis and electrorotation of neurospora slime and murine myeloma cells.
- Direct measurement of hypoxia in a xenograft multiple myeloma model by optical-resolution photoacoustic microscopy.
- Dysarthria and dysphagia from light chain amyloidosis.
- Early relapse after autologous hematopoietic cell transplantation remains a poor prognostic factor in multiple myeloma but outcomes have improved over time.
- Economic evaluation of zoledronic acid versus pamidronate for the prevention of skeletal-related events in metastatic breast cancer and multiple myeloma.
- Effect of initial treatment on health-related quality of life in patients with newly diagnosed multiple myeloma without immediate stem cell transplant intent: results from the Connect® MM Registry.
- Effect of t (11;14) Abnormality on Outcomes of Patients With Newly Diagnosed Multiple Myeloma in the Connect MM Registry.
- Effects of age on responses to treatment and survival of patients with multiple myeloma.
- Effects of socioeconomic and clinical factors on survival in multiple myeloma.
- Efficacy and safety of high-dose chemotherapy with autologous stem cell transplantation in senior versus younger adults with newly diagnosed multiple myeloma.
- Efficacy of venetoclax as targeted therapy for relapsed/refractory t(11;14) multiple myeloma.
- Erythrophagocytosis in a cyclin D1 positive plasma cell myeloma with near-tetraploid karyotypic abnormalities and cryptic MYC/IGH fusion.
- Evaluation and appraisal of randomized controlled trials in myeloma.
- Evaluation of hyperviscosity in monoclonal gammopathies.
- Evaluation of multiple myeloma measurable residual disease by high sensitivity flow cytometry: An international harmonized approach for data analysis.
- Evaluation of the spectra Optia® mononuclear cell collection procedure in multiple myeloma patients.
- Evolving role of FDG PET/CT in multiple myeloma imaging and management.
- Expanding anti-CD38 immunotherapy for lymphoid malignancies.
- Exploring health behaviors and the feasibility of a lifestyle intervention for patients with multiple myeloma.
- Familial aggregation of multiple myeloma and central nervous system diseases.
- Feasibility of frequent patient-reported outcome surveillance in patients undergoing hematopoietic cell transplantation.
- Final Results of a Phase 1 Study of Vorinostat, Pegylated Liposomal Doxorubicin, and Bortezomib in Relapsed or Refractory Multiple Myeloma.
- Final analysis of a phase 1/2b study of ibrutinib combined with carfilzomib/dexamethasone in patients with relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma.
- Frequent engagement of the classical and alternative NF-kappaB pathways by diverse genetic abnormalities in multiple myeloma.
- Gamma Gap: A Point-of-Care Test That Correlates With Disease Burden and Treatment Response in Multiple Myeloma.
- Gene expression profiles of tumor biology provide a novel approach to prognosis and may guide the selection of therapeutic targets in multiple myeloma.
- Glucose metabolism as a target of histone deacetylase inhibitors.
- Glyphosate induces benign monoclonal gammopathy and promotes multiple myeloma progression in mice.
- Hematopoietic cell transplant comorbidity index is predictive of survival after autologous hematopoietic cell transplantation in multiple myeloma.
- Heterogeneity of Second-Line Treatment for Patients With Multiple Myeloma in the Connect MM Registry (2010-2016).
- Hexamethylmelamine and prednisone in the treatment of refractory multiple myeloma.
- High dose etoposide-based myeloablative therapy followed by autologous blood progenitor cell rescue in the treatment of multiple myeloma.
- High levels of interleukin-6 are associated with low tumor burden and low growth fraction in multiple myeloma.
- High-dose BCNU/Melphalan conditioning regimen before autologous stem cell transplantation in newly diagnosed multiple myeloma.
- Highlights from the 46 th annual meeting of the American Society of Hematology.
- Hospital versus random digit dialing controls in the elderly. Observations from two case-control studies.
- How are patient-reported outcomes and symptoms being measured in adults with relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma? A systematic review.
- Hyperbaric oxygen treatment and bisphosphonate-induced osteonecrosis of the jaw: a case series.
- Hyperviscosity syndrome in association with kappa light chain myeloma.
- IRF4 addiction in multiple myeloma.
- Idiotypic cross-reaction between MRL autoantibodies and a BALB/c myeloma.
- IgG-lambda plasma cell myeloma with cytoplasmic azurophilic inclusion bodies.
- Impact of post-ASCT maintenance therapy on outcomes in patients with newly diagnosed multiple myeloma in Connect MM.
- Impact of post-transplantation maintenance therapy on health-related quality of life in patients with multiple myeloma: data from the Connect® MM Registry.
- In vitro kinetics of immunoglobulin synthesis and secretion by nonsecretory human myeloma cells.
- Influence of age on the outcome of 500 autologous bone marrow transplant procedures for hematologic malignancies.
- Inhibition of Sphingosine Kinase 2 Results in PARK2-Mediated Mitophagy and Induces Apoptosis in Multiple Myeloma.
- Inhibition of sphingosine kinase 2 downregulates the expression of c-Myc and Mcl-1 and induces apoptosis in multiple myeloma.
- Inhibition of thioredoxin activates mitophagy and overcomes adaptive bortezomib resistance in multiple myeloma.
- Initiation and interruption in intravenous bisphosphonate therapy among patients with multiple myeloma in the United States.
- Integrated safety profile of selinexor in multiple myeloma: experience from 437 patients enrolled in clinical trials.
- Integrative gene expression profiling reveals G6PD-mediated resistance to RNA-directed nucleoside analogues in B-cell neoplasms.
- International Myeloma Working Group Recommendations for the Diagnosis and Management of Myeloma-Related Renal Impairment.
- International Myeloma Working Group consensus statement regarding the current status of allogeneic stem-cell transplantation for multiple myeloma.
- Intranuclear inclusions in Bence Jones lambda plasma cell myeloma.
- Is autologous stem cell transplantation still relevant for multiple myeloma?
- Isatuximab as monotherapy and combined with dexamethasone in patients with relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma.
- Lenalidomide Maintenance After Autologous Stem-Cell Transplantation in Newly Diagnosed Multiple Myeloma: A Meta-Analysis.
- Lenalidomide after stem-cell transplantation for multiple myeloma.
- Long-Term Follow-up of CALGB (Alliance) 100001: Autologous Followed by Nonmyeloablative Allogeneic Transplant for Multiple Myeloma.
- Long-term follow-up of T cell-depleted allogeneic bone marrow transplantation in refractory multiple myeloma: importance of allogeneic T cells.
- MR imaging and PET/CT in diagnosis and management of multiple myeloma.
- Managing the complications of plasma cell myeloma.
- Marrow transplantation for malignant plasma cell disorders: summary of the Seattle experience.
- Monoclonal gammopathies and aging.
- Mortality among autoworkers manufacturing electronics in Huntsville, Alabama.
- Multimorbidity in patients with monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance.
- Multiple Myeloma, Version 2.2016: Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology.
- Multiple Myeloma, Version 3.2017, NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology.
- Multiple Myeloma, Version 3.2021, NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology.
- Multiple myeloma and family history of cancer. A case-control study.
- Multiple myeloma in the elderly.
- Multiple myeloma in the elderly.
- Multiple myeloma in the very old: an IASIA conference report.
- Multiple myeloma, version 1.2013.
- Multiple myeloma-associated amyloidosis and giant cell arteritis.
- Multiple myeloma.
- Multiple myeloma. Clinical practice guidelines in oncology.
- Myeloid neoplasms secondary to plasma cell myeloma: an intrinsic predisposition or therapy-related phenomenon? A clinicopathologic study of 41 cases and correlation of cytogenetic features with treatment regimens.
- Myeloma light chains are ligands for cubilin (gp280).
- Myelomatous meningeal infiltration detected by magnetic resonance imaging.
- Myelomatous pleural effusion: clinical course and immunologic characterization of the pleural fluid cells.
- NCCN Guidelines Insights: Multiple Myeloma, Version 1.2020.
- NCCN Guidelines Insights: Multiple Myeloma, Version 3.2016.
- NCCN Guidelines Insights: Multiple Myeloma, Version 3.2018.
- NCCN Guidelines® Insights: Multiple Myeloma, Version 3.2022.
- NCCN clinical practice guidelines in oncology: multiple myeloma.
- Neoplastic plasma cells with azurophilic crystalline inclusions mimicking promyelocytes.
- Neurological disorders with abnormalities of immunoglobulin metabolism.
- Novel type of proliferating lymphoplasmacytoid cell with a characteristic spotted immunofluorescence pattern.
- Ocular manifestations of multiple myeloma, Waldenström's macroglobulinemia and benign monoclonal gammopathy.
- Older patients with myeloma derive similar benefit from autologous transplantation.
- Once weekly selinexor, carfilzomib and dexamethasone in carfilzomib non-refractory multiple myeloma patients.
- Outcomes following surgical intervention for impending and gross instability caused by multiple myeloma in the spinal column.
- Outcomes of Maintenance Therapy with Bortezomib after Autologous Stem Cell Transplantation for Patients with Multiple Myeloma.
- Outcomes of patients with multiple myeloma refractory to CD38-targeted monoclonal antibody therapy.
- Overall survival of patients with triple-class refractory multiple myeloma treated with selinexor plus dexamethasone vs standard of care in MAMMOTH.
- PANORAMA 2: panobinostat in combination with bortezomib and dexamethasone in patients with relapsed and bortezomib-refractory myeloma.
- PPAR agonists attenuate lenalidomide's anti-myeloma activity in vitro and in vivo.
- Pan-PIM kinase inhibitors enhance Lenalidomide's anti-myeloma activity via cereblon-IKZF1/3 cascade.
- Panobinostat for the management of multiple myeloma.
- Pathway-based identification of SNPs predictive of survival.
- Patient perspectives on considerations, tradeoffs, and experiences with multiple myeloma treatment selection: a qualitative descriptive study.
- Performance evaluation of the Helena V8 capillary electrophoresis system.
- Pericarditis mediated by respiratory syncytial virus in a hematopoietic stem cell transplant patient.
- Phase 1 trial of ibrutinib and carfilzomib combination therapy for relapsed or relapsed and refractory multiple myeloma.
- Phase I study of opaganib, an oral sphingosine kinase 2-specific inhibitor, in relapsed and/or refractory multiple myeloma.
- Phase I/II study of the novel proteasome inhibitor delanzomib (CEP-18770) for relapsed and refractory multiple myeloma.
- Phase II evaluation of aclarubicin in refractory multiple myeloma: a Southeastern Cancer Study Group Trial.
- Phase II evaluation of chlorozotocin in refractory multiple myeloma.
- Phase II evaluation of etoposide in refractory multiple myeloma: a Southeastern Cancer Study Group Trial.
- Phase II study of dose-attenuated bortezomib, cyclophosphamide and dexamethasone ("VCD-Lite") in very old or otherwise toxicity-vulnerable adults with newly diagnosed multiple myeloma.
- Plasma cell problems: Case 1. Disseminated cutaneous plasmacytomas treated with total skin electron radiotherapy.
- Plasma exchange in rapidly progressive renal failure due to multiple myeloma. A retrospective case series.
- Plerixafor Plus Granulocyte Colony-Stimulating Factor for Patients with Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma and Multiple Myeloma: Long-Term Follow-Up Report.
- Plerixafor and G-CSF versus placebo and G-CSF to mobilize hematopoietic stem cells for autologous stem cell transplantation in patients with multiple myeloma.
- Pleural amyloidosis.
- Post-Transplant Outcomes in High-Risk Compared with Non-High-Risk Multiple Myeloma: A CIBMTR Analysis.
- Prevalence of congenital or acquired complement deficiency in patients with sporadic meningococcal disease.
- Prospective Multireader Evaluation of Photon-counting CT for Multiple Myeloma Screening.
- Pseudo-Gaucher cells in multiple myeloma.
- Pseudohyperphosphatemia in a patient with incidentally identified progression of smoldering myeloma.
- Quantitative measures of physical functioning after autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in multiple myeloma: a feasibility study.
- Race and myeloma survival.
- Racial differences in the prevalence of monoclonal gammopathy in a community-based sample of the elderly.
- Radiation Therapy for Solitary Plasmacytoma and Multiple Myeloma: Guidelines From the International Lymphoma Radiation Oncology Group.
- Recognition of early mortality in multiple myeloma by a prediction matrix.
- Regulation of p53-targeting microRNAs by polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons: Implications in the etiology of multiple myeloma.
- Reprogrammed marrow adipocytes contribute to myeloma-induced bone disease.
- Review of the patient-centered communication landscape in multiple myeloma and other hematologic malignancies.
- Revised International Staging System Is Predictive and Prognostic for Early Relapse (<24 months) after Autologous Transplantation for Newly Diagnosed Multiple Myeloma.
- Role of Bone-Modifying Agents in Multiple Myeloma: American Society of Clinical Oncology Clinical Practice Guideline Update.
- Role of immune stimulation in the etiology of multiple myeloma: a case control study.
- Role of urine and serum protein electrophoresis in evaluation of nephrotic-range proteinuria.
- Sample size considerations of prediction-validation methods in high-dimensional data for survival outcomes.
- Secondary osteoporosis. Diagnostic considerations.
- Selinexor for the treatment of patients with previously treated multiple myeloma.
- Selinexor plus low-dose bortezomib and dexamethasone for patients with relapsed or refractory multiple myeloma.
- Shrinkage-based diagonal discriminant analysis and its applications in high-dimensional data.
- Socioeconomic status and risk of multiple myeloma.
- Stem cell transplantation for multiple myeloma.
- Survey of patients and physicians on shared decision-making in treatment selection in relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma.
- Symptom Burden, Perceived Control, and Quality of Life Among Patients Living With Multiple Myeloma.
- Synergistic effects of nelfinavir and bortezomib on proteotoxic death of NSCLC and multiple myeloma cells.
- THZ531 Induces a State of BRCAness in Multiple Myeloma Cells: Synthetic Lethality with Combination Treatment of THZ 531 with DNA Repair Inhibitors.
- Targeting BCL-2 with venetoclax and dexamethasone in patients with relapsed/refractory t(11;14) multiple myeloma.
- Targeting the Leukemia Antigen PR1 with Immunotherapy for the Treatment of Multiple Myeloma.
- The challenges of checkpoint inhibition in the treatment of multiple myeloma.
- The efficacy and safety of lenalidomide plus dexamethasone in relapsed and/or refractory multiple myeloma patients with impaired renal function.
- The impact of bone marrow fibrosis and JAK2 expression on clinical outcomes in patients with newly diagnosed multiple myeloma treated with immunomodulatory agents and/or proteasome inhibitors.
- The kinetics of immunoglobulin synthesis by pokeweed mitogen stimulated peripheral blood lymphocytes in multiple myeloma.
- The promise of chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T cell therapy in multiple myeloma.
- The type III transforming growth factor-β receptor inhibits proliferation, migration, and adhesion in human myeloma cells.
- The uncertainty principle and industry-sponsored research.
- The value of looking. Multiple myeloma discovered by an unusual finding in Gram-stained spinal fluid.
- Therapy of myeloma.
- Trajectories of quality of life recovery and symptom burden after autologous hematopoietic cell transplantation in multiple myeloma.
- Treatment Journeys of Patients With Newly Diagnosed Multiple Myeloma (NDMM): Results From The Connect MM Registry.
- Treatment Outcomes and Health Care Resource Utilization in Patients With Newly Diagnosed Multiple Myeloma Receiving Lenalidomide-only Maintenance, Any Maintenance, or No Maintenance: Results from the Connect MM Registry.
- Treatment Patterns, Survival, Quality of Life, and Healthcare Resource Use Among Patients With Triple-Class Refractory Multiple Myeloma in US Clinical Practice: Findings From the Connect MM Disease Registry.
- Treatment of hostile midline back wounds: an extreme approach.
- Treatment outcomes of triple class refractory multiple myeloma: a benchmark for new therapies.
- Treatment patterns and outcomes in elderly patients with newly diagnosed multiple myeloma: results from the Connect® MM Registry.
- Triplet Therapy, Transplantation, and Maintenance until Progression in Myeloma.
- Tumor-specific recognition of human myeloma cells by idiotype-induced CD8(+) T cells.
- Updated analysis of CALGB (Alliance) 100104 assessing lenalidomide versus placebo maintenance after single autologous stem-cell transplantation for multiple myeloma: a randomised, double-blind, phase 3 trial.
- Urinary cyclic adenosine monophosphate as an aid in the diagnosis of hyperparathyroidism.
- Using the bioconductor GeneAnswers package to interpret gene lists.
- Venetoclax or placebo in combination with bortezomib and dexamethasone in patients with relapsed or refractory multiple myeloma (BELLINI): a randomised, double-blind, multicentre, phase 3 trial.
- Weekly mitoxantrone therapy for refractory multiple myeloma: a Southeastern Cancer Study Group Trial.
- What is the role of hyperbaric oxygen in the management of bisphosphonate-related osteonecrosis of the jaw: a randomized controlled trial of hyperbaric oxygen as an adjunct to surgery and antibiotics.
- Whole-epigenome analysis in multiple myeloma reveals DNA hypermethylation of B cell-specific enhancers.
- rHuEPO and improved treatment outcomes: potential modes of action.
Keywords of People
- Choi, Taewoong, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Duke Cancer Institute
- Costa, Cristiana A., Assistant Professor of Medicine, Duke Cancer Institute
- McDonnell, Donald Patrick, Glaxo-Wellcome Distinguished Professor of Molecular Cancer Biology, in the School of Medicine, Cell Biology
- Nikiforov, Mikhail A., Professor of Pathology, Biomedical Engineering
- Young, Ken H, Professor of Pathology, Pathology