Subject Areas on Research
- A Deep Learning Approach to Antibiotic Discovery.
- A computational analysis of antisense off-targets in prokaryotic organisms.
- A critical role for CD8 T cells in a nonhuman primate model of tuberculosis.
- A long-acting formulation of rifabutin is effective for prevention and treatment of Mycobacterium tuberculosis.
- A randomized controlled trial of standard versus intensified tuberculosis diagnostics on treatment decisions by physicians in Northern Tanzania.
- Advances in basic and translational tuberculosis research: Proceedings of the first meeting of RePORT international.
- Adventures within the speckled band: heterogeneity, angiogenesis, and balanced inflammation in the tuberculous granuloma.
- Alpha-melanocyte-stimulating hormone suppresses antigen-stimulated T cell production of gamma-interferon.
- An ancestral mycobacterial effector promotes dissemination of infection.
- An explant technique for high-resolution imaging and manipulation of mycobacterial granulomas.
- Application of lipoarabinomannan antigen in tuberculosis diagnostics: current evidence.
- Assembly dynamics of Mycobacterium tuberculosis FtsZ.
- Autophagy is a defense mechanism inhibiting BCG and Mycobacterium tuberculosis survival in infected macrophages.
- Bacteremic disseminated tuberculosis in sub-saharan Africa: a prospective cohort study.
- Bacterial infection remodels the DNA methylation landscape of human dendritic cells.
- Building a tuberculosis-free world: The Lancet Commission on tuberculosis.
- CLARITY and PACT-based imaging of adult zebrafish and mouse for whole-animal analysis of infections.
- Causes of death on antiretroviral therapy: a post-mortem study from South Africa.
- Chemoinformatic identification of novel inhibitors against Mycobacterium tuberculosis L-aspartate α-decarboxylase.
- Clinical usefulness of detecting growth of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in positive Bactec phials using PCR.
- Common Variants in the Glycerol Kinase Gene Reduce Tuberculosis Drug Efficacy.
- Comparative pathogenesis of Mycobacterium marinum and Mycobacterium tuberculosis.
- Comparison of altitude effect on Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection between rural and urban communities in Peru.
- Comparison of methods based on different molecular epidemiological markers for typing of Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex strains: interlaboratory study of discriminatory power and reproducibility.
- Complex transmission dynamics of clonally related virulent Mycobacterium tuberculosis associated with barhopping by predominantly human immunodeficiency virus-positive gay men.
- Concordance of Drug-resistance Profiles Between Persons With Drug-resistant Tuberculosis and Their Household Contacts: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis.
- Controlled comparison of BacT/Alert MB system, manual Myco/F lytic procedure, and isolator 10 system for diagnosis of Mycobacterium tuberculosis Bacteremia.
- Cost-effectiveness analysis of the gen-probe amplified mycobacterium tuberculosis direct test as used routinely on smear-positive respiratory specimens.
- Cross-protective immunity to porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus by intranasal delivery of a live virus vaccine with a potent adjuvant.
- Current issues in global tuberculosis control.
- Cycloserine and Linezolid for Tuberculosis Meningitis: Pharmacokinetic Evidence of Potential Usefulness.
- Cytokine production induced by Mycobacterium tuberculosis lipoarabinomannan. Relationship to chemical structure.
- Decoding the tuberculous granuloma.
- Deficiency of double-strand DNA break repair does not impair Mycobacterium tuberculosis virulence in multiple animal models of infection.
- Design, synthesis, and study of a mycobactin-artemisinin conjugate that has selective and potent activity against tuberculosis and malaria.
- Detection of bloodstream pathogens in a bacille Calmette-Guérin (BCG)-vaccinated pediatric population in Malawi: a pilot study.
- Diagnostic accuracy of C-reactive protein for active pulmonary tuberculosis: a meta-analysis.
- Different methods of sample preparation influence sensitivity of Mycobacterium tuberculosis and Borrelia burgdorferi PCR.
- Differential Requirement for IRGM Proteins during Tuberculosis Infection in Mice.
- Differentiation of strains in Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex by DNA sequence polymorphisms, including rapid identification of M. bovis BCG.
- Diguanidino and "reversed" diamidino 2,5-diarylfurans as antimicrobial agents.
- Discriminating between latent and active tuberculosis with multiple biomarker responses.
- Discrimination of Mycobacterium tuberculosis strains by PCR.
- Efficacy and safety of live attenuated persistent and rapidly cleared Mycobacterium tuberculosis vaccine candidates in non-human primates.
- Efficacy and safety of three antiretroviral regimens for initial treatment of HIV-1: a randomized clinical trial in diverse multinational settings.
- Enhanced priming of adaptive immunity by Mycobacterium smegmatis mutants with high-level protein secretion.
- Evaluating latent tuberculosis infection diagnostics using latent class analysis.
- Evaluation of the Vitek MS v3.0 Matrix-Assisted Laser Desorption Ionization-Time of Flight Mass Spectrometry System for Identification of Mycobacterium and Nocardia Species.
- Evolutionary bottlenecks in the agents of tuberculosis, leprosy, and paratuberculosis.
- Exogenous reinfection of tuberculosis in a low-burden area.
- Extensive DNA sequence conservation throughout the Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex.
- Extensive phosphorylation with overlapping specificity by Mycobacterium tuberculosis serine/threonine protein kinases.
- Fever and human immunodeficiency virus infection as sentinels for emerging mycobacterial and fungal bloodstream infections in hospitalized patients >/=15 years old, Bangkok.
- Fit for consumption: zebrafish as a model for tuberculosis.
- Functionally Overlapping Variants Control Tuberculosis Susceptibility in Collaborative Cross Mice.
- GeneXpert MTB/Rif to Diagnose Tuberculous Meningitis: Perhaps the First Test but not the Last.
- Genetic diversity in the Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex based on variable numbers of tandem DNA repeats.
- Genomic sequencing is required for identification of tuberculosis transmission in Hawaii.
- Genotypic and Spatial Analysis of Mycobacterium tuberculosis Transmission in a High-Incidence Urban Setting.
- Granulocytes act as a niche for Mycobacterium tuberculosis growth.
- High-throughput identification and dendritic cell-based functional validation of MHC class I-restricted Mycobacterium tuberculosis epitopes.
- Hospital management of tuberculosis in a region with a low incidence of tuberculosis and a high prevalence of nontuberculous mycobacteria.
- Host-Directed Therapies for Tuberculosis.
- Host-pathogen genetic interactions underlie tuberculosis susceptibility in genetically diverse mice.
- Hypothesis: is lung disease after silicate inhalation caused by oxidant generation?
- IL-17 Production of Neutrophils Enhances Antibacteria Ability but Promotes Arthritis Development During Mycobacterium tuberculosis Infection.
- Identification and evolution of an IS6110 low-copy-number Mycobacterium tuberculosis cluster.
- Identification of a W variant outbreak of Mycobacterium tuberculosis via population-based molecular epidemiology.
- Imaging of bacterial pulmonary infection in the immunocompetent patient.
- Immune control of tuberculosis by IFN-gamma-inducible LRG-47.
- Immune distribution and localization of phosphoantigen-specific Vgamma2Vdelta2 T cells in lymphoid and nonlymphoid tissues in Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection.
- Influence of M. tuberculosis lineage variability within a clinical trial for pulmonary tuberculosis.
- Innate inhibition of adaptive immunity: Mycobacterium tuberculosis-induced IL-6 inhibits macrophage responses to IFN-gamma.
- Interleukin 12 at the site of disease in tuberculosis.
- Intranasal delivery of an adjuvanted modified live porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus vaccine reduces ROS production.
- Intranasal delivery of whole cell lysate of Mycobacterium tuberculosis induces protective immune responses to a modified live porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus vaccine in pigs.
- Intravitreal sustained-release cyclosporine in the treatment of experimental uveitis.
- Intravitreal sustained-release dexamethasone device in the treatment of experimental uveitis.
- Inverse correlation of maturity and antibacterial activity in human dendritic cells.
- Just say NO to NLRP3.
- Knowns and unknowns of membrane lipid synthesis in streptomycetes.
- M. tuberculosis-Initiated Human Mannose Receptor Signaling Regulates Macrophage Recognition and Vesicle Trafficking by FcRγ-Chain, Grb2, and SHP-1.
- Macrophage Epithelial Reprogramming Underlies Mycobacterial Granuloma Formation and Promotes Infection.
- Macrophage NFATC2 mediates angiogenic signaling during mycobacterial infection.
- Macrophage form, function, and phenotype in mycobacterial infection: lessons from tuberculosis and other diseases.
- Macrophage immunoregulatory pathways in tuberculosis.
- Mast cell activation by Mycobacterium tuberculosis: mediator release and role of CD48.
- Medium matters: modeling the impact of solid medium performance on tuberculosis trial sample size requirements.
- Mice deficient in LRG-47 display increased susceptibility to mycobacterial infection associated with the induction of lymphopenia.
- Modeling Diversity: Do Homogeneous Laboratory Strains Limit Discovery?
- Modulation of Human Macrophage Responses to Mycobacterium tuberculosis by Silver Nanoparticles of Different Size and Surface Modification.
- Molecular Diagnostics for Mycobacterium tuberculosis Infection.
- Molecular epidemiology and tuberculosis control.
- Molecular identification of streptomycin monoresistant Mycobacterium tuberculosis related to multidrug-resistant W strain.
- MxA suppresses TAK1-IKKα/β-NF-κB mediated inflammatory cytokine production to facilitate Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection.
- Mycobacteria manipulate macrophage recruitment through coordinated use of membrane lipids.
- Mycobacterial Evolution Intersects With Host Tolerance.
- Mycobacterial Mutagenesis and Drug Resistance Are Controlled by Phosphorylation- and Cardiolipin-Mediated Inhibition of the RecA Coprotease.
- Mycobacterial esophagitis in AIDS.
- Mycobacterial infection aggravates Helicobacter pylori-induced gastric preneoplastic pathology by redirection of de novo induced Treg cells.
- Mycobacterial interspersed repetitive-unit-variable-number tandem-repeat analysis and Beijing/W family of Mycobacterium tuberculosis.
- Mycobacterium tuberculosis Beijing family: analysis of the epidemiological and clinical factors associated with an emerging lineage in the urban area of Milan.
- Mycobacterium tuberculosis Evasion of Guanylate Binding Protein-Mediated Host Defense in Mice Requires the ESX1 Secretion System.
- Mycobacterium tuberculosis decreases human macrophage IFN-γ responsiveness through miR-132 and miR-26a.
- Mycobacterium tuberculosis in lung transplant recipients.
- Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection induces il12rb1 splicing to generate a novel IL-12Rbeta1 isoform that enhances DC migration.
- Mycobacterium tuberculosis lipomannan blocks TNF biosynthesis by regulating macrophage MAPK-activated protein kinase 2 (MK2) and microRNA miR-125b.
- Mycobacterium tuberculosis polymerase chain reaction findings in neurosarcoidosis.
- Mycobacterium tuberculosis whole cell lysate enhances proliferation of CD8 positive lymphocytes and nitric oxide secretion in the lungs of live porcine respiratory and reproductive syndrome virus vaccinated pigs.
- NLRC3 negatively regulates CD4+ T cells and impacts protective immunity during Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection.
- Negative-stain electron microscopy of inside-out FtsZ rings reconstituted on artificial membrane tubules show ribbons of protofilaments.
- Nitric oxide prevents a pathogen-permissive granulocytic inflammation during tuberculosis.
- Novel Regimens of Bedaquiline-Pyrazinamide Combined with Moxifloxacin, Rifabutin, Delamanid and/or OPC-167832 in Murine Tuberculosis Models.
- PCR identification of Mycobacterium bovis BCG.
- PET appearance of tuberculous empyema necessitans.
- Pairing QuantiFERON gold in-tube with opt-out HIV testing in a tuberculosis contact investigation in the Southeastern United States.
- Performance of Homologous and Heterologous Prime-Boost Immunization Regimens of Recombinant Adenovirus and Modified Vaccinia Virus Ankara Expressing an Ag85B-TB10.4 Fusion Protein against Mycobacterium tuberculosis.
- Performance of Xpert Ultra nasopharyngeal swab for identification of tuberculosis deaths in northern Tanzania.
- Performance of nucleic acid amplification following extraction of 5 milliliters of whole blood for diagnosis of Mycobacterium tuberculosis bacteremia.
- Periprosthetic infections due to Mycobacterium tuberculosis in patients with no prior history of tuberculosis.
- Phenotypic and genotypic characterization of Mycobacterium africanum isolates from West Africa.
- Policy changes and the screening, diagnosis and treatment of drug-resistant tuberculosis patients from 2015 to 2018 in Zhejiang Province, China: a retrospective cohort study.
- Potentiation of P2RX7 as a host-directed strategy for control of mycobacterial infection.
- Predictors and outcomes of Mycobacterium tuberculosis bacteremia among patients with HIV and tuberculosis co-infection enrolled in the ACTG A5221 STRIDE study.
- Presumptive diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary tuberculosis based on radiographic findings.
- Prevalence of mycobacteremia among HIV-infected infants and children in northern Tanzania.
- Pulmonary immune-compartment-specific interferon gamma responses in HIV-infected individuals with active tuberculosis (TB) in an area of high TB prevalence.
- Pyrazinamide and pyrazinoic acid activity against tubercle bacilli in cultured human macrophages and in the BACTEC system.
- Rapid identification of laboratory contamination with Mycobacterium tuberculosis using variable number tandem repeat analysis.
- Rapid molecular detection of tuberculosis and rifampin resistance.
- Rapid radiometric method for pyrazinamide susceptibility testing of Mycobacterium tuberculosis.
- Reduced virulence of an extensively drug-resistant outbreak strain of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in a murine model.
- Reliability of cord formation in BACTEC media for presumptive identification of mycobacteria.
- SARS-CoV-2 Receptor ACE2 Is an Interferon-Stimulated Gene in Human Airway Epithelial Cells and Is Detected in Specific Cell Subsets across Tissues.
- Sacral tuberculosis: a case report and review of the literature.
- Search for microRNAs expressed by intracellular bacterial pathogens in infected mammalian cells.
- Season and size of urban particulate matter differentially affect cytotoxicity and human immune responses to Mycobacterium tuberculosis.
- Seasonal variation in the etiology of bloodstream infections in a febrile inpatient population in a developing country.
- Simultaneous genotyping and species identification using hybridization pattern recognition analysis of generic Mycobacterium DNA arrays.
- Statistical analysis of genetic interactions in Tn-Seq data.
- Statistical analysis of variability in TnSeq data across conditions using zero-inflated negative binomial regression.
- Structure and dynamics of the essential endogenous mycobacterial polyketide synthase Pks13.
- Substitution of moxifloxacin for isoniazid during intensive phase treatment of pulmonary tuberculosis.
- Substitution of rifapentine for rifampin during intensive phase treatment of pulmonary tuberculosis: study 29 of the tuberculosis trials consortium.
- Successful cure of extensively drug-resistant pulmonary tuberculosis in a young child.
- Suppression of the NF-κB pathway by diesel exhaust particles impairs human antimycobacterial immunity.
- Suprastructures and dynamic properties of Mycobacterium tuberculosis FtsZ.
- Sustained activation of mTORC1 in macrophages increases AMPKα-dependent autophagy to maintain cellular homeostasis.
- T Cell Responses against Mycobacterial Lipids and Proteins Are Poorly Correlated in South African Adolescents.
- T cell activation within different intraocular compartments during experimental uveitis.
- The Mycobacterium tuberculosis 71-kDa heat-shock protein induces proliferation and cytokine secretion by murine gut intraepithelial lymphocytes.
- The Phagocyte Oxidase Controls Tolerance to Mycobacterium tuberculosis Infection.
- The complexities of Xpert® MTB/RIF interpretation.
- The evolution of drug resistance in Mycobacterium tuberculosis: from a mono-rifampin-resistant cluster into increasingly multidrug-resistant variants in an HIV-seropositive population.
- The hidden hypothesis: A disseminated tuberculosis case.
- The human antibody response to the surface of Mycobacterium tuberculosis.
- The risks and benefits of childhood bacille Calmette-Guérin immunization among adults with AIDS. International MAC study groups.
- Therapeutic immunization protects dopaminergic neurons in a mouse model of Parkinson's disease.
- Thermal stability of self-assembled peptide vaccine materials.
- Tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) signal sequence enhances immunogenicity of MVA-based vaccine against tuberculosis.
- Transmission Of Tuberculosis Among illicit drug use Linkages (TOTAL): A cross-sectional observational study protocol using respondent driven sampling.
- Treatment of tuberculosis in patients with advanced human immunodeficiency virus infection.
- Tuberculosis Susceptibility and Vaccine Protection Are Independently Controlled by Host Genotype.
- Tuberculosis and AIDS.
- Tuberculosis transmission from a patient with skin lesions and a negative sputum smear.
- Tuberculous granuloma induction via interaction of a bacterial secreted protein with host epithelium.
- Tumor necrosis factor-alpha antagonists for the treatment of rheumatic diseases.
- Ultra-low dose of Mycobacterium tuberculosis aerosol creates partial infection in mice.
- Understanding the costs of better tuberculosis diagnostics.
- United States geographic bacteria susceptibility patterns. 1996 ASCP Susceptibility Testing Group. American Society of Clinical Pathologists.
- Unrecognised Mycobacterium tuberculosis bacteraemia among hospital inpatients in less developed countries.
- Unrecognised Mycobacterium tuberculosis.
- Urban airborne particle exposure impairs human lung and blood Mycobacterium tuberculosis immunity.
- Visualizing the dynamics of tuberculosis pathology using molecular imaging.
- Vitamin B1 Helps to Limit Mycobacterium tuberculosis Growth via Regulating Innate Immunity in a Peroxisome Proliferator-Activated Receptor-γ-Dependent Manner.
- Vitamin B5 Reduces Bacterial Growth via Regulating Innate Immunity and Adaptive Immunity in Mice Infected with Mycobacterium tuberculosis.
- Who Knew? Injectable TB Drugs Are Not Equal, Despite Drug Susceptibility Testing.
- Whole genome sequencing identifies circulating Beijing-lineage Mycobacterium tuberculosis strains in Guatemala and an associated urban outbreak.
- mTOR-regulated mitochondrial metabolism limits mycobacterium-induced cytotoxicity.
Keywords of People
- Erickson, Harold Paul, James B. Duke Distinguished Professor Emeritus, Cell Biology
- Ferrari, Guido, Professor in Surgery, Molecular Genetics and Microbiology
- Taylor, Gregory Alan, Professor in Medicine, Integrative Immunobiology