Subject Areas on Research
- A randomized proof-of-mechanism trial applying the 'fast-fail' approach to evaluating κ-opioid antagonism as a treatment for anhedonia.
- A randomized trial of transcutaneous electric acupoint stimulation as adjunctive treatment for opioid detoxification.
- A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled pilot study of naltrexone in outpatients with bipolar disorder and alcohol dependence.
- Adjunctive counseling during brief and extended buprenorphine-naloxone treatment for prescription opioid dependence: a 2-phase randomized controlled trial.
- Advances in opioid antagonist treatment for opioid addiction.
- Anatomically dissociable effects of dopamine D1 receptor agonists on reward and relief of withdrawal in morphine-dependent rats.
- Antagonist treatment of opioid withdrawal translational low dose approach.
- Antidepressant-like effects of kappa-opioid receptor antagonists in the forced swim test in rats.
- Antinociceptive activity of Syzygium jambos leaves extract on rats.
- Associations between pharmacotherapy for opioid dependence and clinical and criminal justice outcomes among adults with co-occurring serious mental illness.
- Behavioral and molecular effects of dopamine D1 receptor stimulation during naloxone-precipitated morphine withdrawal.
- Buprenorphine-mediated transition from opioid agonist to antagonist treatment: state of the art and new perspectives.
- Bupropion and Naltrexone in Methamphetamine Use Disorder.
- Can Predictive Modeling Tools Identify Patients at High Risk of Prolonged Opioid Use After ACL Reconstruction?
- Central effects of morphine on GI motility in conscious dogs.
- Characteristics and treatment preferences of individuals with opioid use disorder seeking to transition from buprenorphine to extended-release naltrexone in a residential setting.
- Chronic morphine induces downregulation of spinal glutamate transporters: implications in morphine tolerance and abnormal pain sensitivity.
- Chronic very low dose naltrexone administration attenuates opioid withdrawal expression.
- Cognitive Effects of MIN-101 in Patients With Schizophrenia and Negative Symptoms: Results From a Randomized Controlled Trial.
- Combination pharmacotherapy: a mixture of small doses of naltrexone, fluoxetine, and a thyrotropin-releasing hormone analogue reduces alcohol intake in three strains of alcohol-preferring rats.
- Criminal justice continuum for opioid users at risk of overdose.
- Critical opportunities for public health law: a call for action.
- Delta-opioid-receptor activation by [D-Pen2,D-Pen5]enkephalin and morphine inhibits substance P release from trigeminal nucleus slices.
- Differential effects of naltrindole on morphine-induced tolerance and physical dependence in rats.
- Differential mechanisms of morphine antinociceptive tolerance revealed in (beta)arrestin-2 knock-out mice.
- Does sigma receptor antagonism predict clinical antipsychotic efficacy?
- Dynorphin A increases substance P release from trigeminal primary afferent C-fibers.
- Early outcomes following low dose naltrexone enhancement of opioid detoxification.
- Early-life experience decreases drug-induced reinstatement of morphine CPP in adulthood via microglial-specific epigenetic programming of anti-inflammatory IL-10 expression.
- Effectiveness of low-dose naltrexone in the post-detoxification treatment of opioid dependence.
- Effects of atypical anxiolytic N-phenyl-2-[1-[3-(2-pyridinylethynyl)benzoyl]-4-piperidine]acetamide (JNJ-5234801) on alcohol intake in alcohol-preferring P rats.
- Effects of sazetidine-A, a selective alpha4beta2 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor desensitizing agent on alcohol and nicotine self-administration in selectively bred alcohol-preferring (P) rats.
- Electroacupuncture reduces rectal distension-induced blood pressure changes in conscious dogs.
- Elevated mu-opioid receptor expression in the nucleus of the solitary tract accompanies attenuated withdrawal signs after chronic low dose naltrexone in opiate-dependent rats.
- Emergency therapeutical approach simulating ultrarapid opioid detoxification in methadone withdrawal precipitated by erroneous administration of naltrexone.
- Endogenous opioids regulate long-term potentiation of synaptic inhibition in the dentate gyrus of rat hippocampus.
- Enhanced morphine analgesia in mice lacking beta-arrestin 2.
- Ethanol consumption by Fawn-Hooded rats following abstinence: effect of naltrexone and changes in mu-opioid receptor density.
- Extended release naltrexone injection is performed in the majority of opioid dependent patients receiving outpatient induction: a very low dose naltrexone and buprenorphine open label trial.
- Extended-release naltrexone and drug treatment courts: Policy and evidence for implementing an evidence-based treatment.
- Facilitators and Barriers to Naloxone Kit Use Among Opioid-Dependent Patients Enrolled in Medication Assisted Therapy Clinics in North Carolina.
- Functional imaging of emotion reactivity in opiate-dependent borderline personality disorder.
- HIV risk behavior in treatment-seeking opioid-dependent youth: results from a NIDA clinical trials network multisite study.
- Impacts of an opioid overdose prevention intervention delivered subsequent to acute care.
- Increasing Naloxone Prescribing in the Emergency Department Through Education and Electronic Medical Record Work-Aids.
- Kappa-Opioid Antagonists for Psychiatric Disorders: From Bench to Clinical Trials.
- Long-acting injectable naltrexone for the treatment of alcohol dependence.
- Low barrier buprenorphine treatment for persons experiencing homelessness and injecting heroin in San Francisco.
- Low-dose naloxone infusion for the treatment of intractable nausea and vomiting after intrathecal morphine in a parturient.
- Measurement-based care using DSM-5 for opioid use disorder: can we make opioid medication treatment more effective?
- Medication-Based Treatment to Address Opioid Use Disorder.
- Morphine produces a multiphasic effect on the release of substance P from rat trigeminal nucleus slices by activating different opioid receptor subtypes.
- Multiphasic effect of morphine on the release of substance P from rat trigeminal nucleus slices.
- Naltrexone blockade of nicotine effects in cigarette smokers.
- Naltrexone in patients with bipolar disorder and alcohol dependence.
- Naltrexone treatment of self-injurious behavior.
- Nature and Treatment of Comorbid Alcohol Problems and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Among American Military Personnel and Veterans.
- Neuropathic pain activates the endogenous kappa opioid system in mouse spinal cord and induces opioid receptor tolerance.
- Opiate withdrawal in the neonatal rat: relationship to duration of treatment and naloxone dose.
- Opioid Prescribing After Nonfatal Overdose and Association With Repeated Overdose: A Cohort Study.
- Opioid receptor blockade prevents propofol-induced hypotension in rats.
- Opioid-independent mechanisms supporting offset analgesia and temporal sharpening of nociceptive information.
- Opioid-sparing effects of a low-dose infusion of naloxone in patient-administered morphine sulfate.
- Outpatient transition to extended-release injectable naltrexone for patients with opioid use disorder: A phase 3 randomized trial.
- Patterns of withdrawal in patients with opioid use disorder (OUD) transitioning from untreated OUD or buprenorphine treatment to extended-release naltrexone.
- Peripherally Acting μ-Opioid Receptor Antagonists in the Management of Postoperative Ileus: a Clinical Review.
- Pharmacokinetic interactions between buprenorphine and antiretroviral medications.
- Post-release treatment uptake among participants of the Rhode Island Department of Corrections comprehensive medication assisted treatment program.
- Postoperative oxycodone toxicity in a patient with chronic pain and end-stage renal disease.
- Potential impact of implementing and scaling up harm reduction and antiretroviral therapy on HIV prevalence and mortality and overdose deaths among people who inject drugs in two Russian cities: a modelling study.
- Problem drinking and low-dose naltrexone-assisted opioid detoxification.
- Reduced cannabis use after low-dose naltrexone addition to opioid detoxification.
- Role of analgesic adjuncts in postoperative pain management.
- Role of mu-opioid and NMDA receptors in the development and maintenance of repeated swim stress-induced thermal hyperalgesia.
- Role of noradrenergic hyperactivity in neonatal opiate abstinence.
- Selective kappa-opioid antagonism ameliorates anhedonic behavior: evidence from the Fast-fail Trial in Mood and Anxiety Spectrum Disorders (FAST-MAS).
- Serendipitous rapid detoxification from opiates: the importance of time-dependent processes.
- Suppression of alcohol intake by chronic naloxone treatment in P rats: tolerance development and elevation of opiate receptor binding.
- T-Cell Mediation of Pregnancy Analgesia Affecting Chronic Pain in Mice.
- The Emergency Department as an Opportunity for Naloxone Distribution.
- The Opioid Epidemic in NC: Progress, Challenges, and Opportunities.
- The Role of Emergency Medical Services in the Opioid Epidemic.
- The association between N-methylnaltrexone, a peripherally acting mu-opioid receptor antagonist, and clinical outcomes in patients undergoing robotic-assisted radical cystectomy.
- The benefits and implementation challenges of the first state-wide comprehensive medication for addictions program in a unified jail and prison setting.
- The combination very low-dose naltrexone-clonidine in the management of opioid withdrawal.
- The first implementation of the NIMH FAST-FAIL approach to psychiatric drug development.
- The selective mu opioid receptor antagonist, alvimopan, improves delayed GI transit of postoperative ileus in rats.
- The use of nalmefene for intrathecal opioid-associated nausea in postpartum patients.
- Transdermal drug delivery enhanced and controlled by erbium:YAG laser: a comparative study of lipophilic and hydrophilic drugs.
- Transition of Patients with Opioid Use Disorder from Buprenorphine to Extended-Release Naltrexone: A Randomized Clinical Trial Assessing Two Transition Regimens.
- Treatment considerations for elderly and frail patients with neuropathic pain.
- Urban, individuals of color are impacted by fentanyl-contaminated heroin.
- Use of very low-dose naltrexone during opiate detoxification.
- Very low dose naltrexone addition in opioid detoxification: a randomized, controlled trial.
- Withdrawal severity and early response to treatment in the outpatient transition from opioid use to extended release naltrexone.
- [Nphe1]nociceptin(1-13)-NH2 antagonizes nociceptin-induced hypotension, bradycardia, and hindquarters vasodilation in the anesthetized rat.
- beta-Endorphin enhances the replication of neurotropic human immunodeficiency virus in fetal perivascular microglia.
- κ-Opioid receptors in the central amygdala regulate ethanol actions at presynaptic GABAergic sites.
Keywords of People
- Wu, Li-Tzy, Professor in Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Medicine, General Internal Medicine