Nerve Tissue Proteins
Subject Areas on Research
- "Model" behavior.
- (1)H, (15)N and (13)C backbone and side chain assignments of PSD-95 PDZ3 protein.
- (S)NO signals: translocation, regulation, and a consensus motif.
- 5-HTTLPR polymorphism impacts human cingulate-amygdala interactions: a genetic susceptibility mechanism for depression.
- A 50-year-old woman with bilateral vocal cord paralysis and hilar mass.
- A Circle RNA Regulatory Axis Promotes Lung Squamous Metastasis via CDR1-Mediated Regulation of Golgi Trafficking.
- A PK2/Bv8/PROK2 antagonist suppresses tumorigenic processes by inhibiting angiogenesis in glioma and blocking myeloid cell infiltration in pancreatic cancer.
- A SAGE study of apolipoprotein E3/3, E3/4 and E4/4 allele-specific gene expression in hippocampus in Alzheimer disease.
- A TRPA1-dependent mechanism for the pungent sensation of weak acids.
- A case-control collapsing analysis identifies epilepsy genes implicated in trio sequencing studies focused on de novo mutations.
- A catalytic antioxidant (AEOL 10150) attenuates expression of inflammatory genes in stroke.
- A collection of cortical crescents: asymmetric protein localization in CNS precursor cells.
- A conserved Toll-like receptor is required for Caenorhabditis elegans innate immunity.
- A genome-wide linkage and association scan reveals novel loci for autism.
- A genome-wide study of common SNPs and CNVs in cognitive performance in the CANTAB.
- A high-density genome-wide association screen of sporadic ALS in US veterans.
- A humanized mouse model to study mast cells mediated cutaneous adverse drug reactions.
- A physical interaction network of dengue virus and human proteins.
- A placebo-controlled trial of recombinant human ciliary neurotrophic (rhCNTF) factor in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. rhCNTF ALS Study Group.
- A recombination-based assay demonstrates that the fragile X sequence is transcribed widely during development.
- A relatively common homozygous TRAPPC4 splicing variant is associated with an early-infantile neurodegenerative syndrome.
- A role for sonic hedgehog signaling in the pathogenesis of human tracheoesophageal fistula.
- A sensitized mutagenesis screen identifies Gli3 as a modifier of Sox10 neurocristopathy.
- A single valine residue plays an essential role in peripherin/rds targeting to photoreceptor outer segments.
- A susceptibility gene for affective disorders and the response of the human amygdala.
- A two-tiered mechanism by which Cdc42 controls the localization and activation of an Arp2/3-activating motor complex in yeast.
- A word of caution in the use of neuron-specific enolase expression in tumor diagnosis.
- ADAP1 promotes latent HIV-1 reactivation by selectively tuning KRAS-ERK-AP-1 T cell signaling-transcriptional axis.
- ADHD and smoking: from genes to brain to behavior.
- AMPA receptor-dependent clustering of synaptic NMDA receptors is mediated by Stargazin and NR2A/B in spinal neurons and hippocampal interneurons.
- APOE Isoforms Control Pathogenic Subretinal Inflammation in Age-Related Macular Degeneration.
- ASTN2 modulates synaptic strength by trafficking and degradation of surface proteins.
- ATM binds to beta-adaptin in cytoplasmic vesicles.
- Aberrant responses in social interaction of dopamine transporter knockout mice.
- Abl interactor 1 (Abi-1) wave-binding and SNARE domains regulate its nucleocytoplasmic shuttling, lamellipodium localization, and wave-1 levels.
- Absence of mutation in the beta- and gamma-synuclein genes in familial autosomal dominant Parkinson's disease.
- Acidic stimuli activates two distinct pathways in taste receptor cells from rat fungiform papillae.
- Acidic stress promotes a glioma stem cell phenotype.
- Actin-associated neurabin-protein phosphatase-1 complex regulates hippocampal plasticity.
- Activity and cellular functions of the deubiquitinating enzyme and polyglutamine disease protein ataxin-3 are regulated by ubiquitination at lysine 117.
- Activity-regulated cytoskeleton-associated protein Arc/Arg3.1 binds to spectrin and associates with nuclear promyelocytic leukemia (PML) bodies.
- Adaptive F-Actin Polymerization and Localized ATP Production Drive Basement Membrane Invasion in the Absence of MMPs.
- Additive and synergistic effects of fetal nicotine and dexamethasone exposure on cholinergic synaptic function in adolescence and adulthood: Implications for the adverse consequences of maternal smoking and pharmacotherapy of preterm delivery.
- Adrenomedullin, endothelin, neuropeptide Y, atrial, brain, and C-natriuretic prohormone peptides compared as early heart failure indicators.
- African-American heredity prostate cancer study: a model for genetic research.
- Alleles of a reelin CGG repeat do not convey liability to autism in a sample from the CPEA network.
- Allelic differences in the serotonin transporter-linked polymorphic region in geriatric depression.
- Alpha-synuclein lesions in normal aging, Parkinson disease, and Alzheimer disease: evidence from the Baltimore Longitudinal Study of Aging (BLSA).
- Alterations in serotonin transporter expression in brain regions of rats exposed neonatally to chlorpyrifos.
- Altered diffusion tensor imaging measurements in aged transgenic Huntington disease rats.
- Altered distribution of choline acetyltransferase and acetylcholinesterase activities in the developing rat dentate gyrus following entorhinal lesion.
- Altered mGluR5-Homer scaffolds and corticostriatal connectivity in a Shank3 complete knockout model of autism.
- Alzheimer disease pathology in cognitively healthy elderly: a genome-wide study.
- Amphiphysin 1 binds the cyclin-dependent kinase (cdk) 5 regulatory subunit p35 and is phosphorylated by cdk5 and cdc2.
- An Atlas of Genetic Variation Linking Pathogen-Induced Cellular Traits to Human Disease.
- An immunohistochemical comparison of cytokeratin 7, cytokeratin 15, cytokeratin 19, CAM 5.2, carcinoembryonic antigen, and nestin in differentiating porocarcinoma from squamous cell carcinoma.
- An integrative approach identified genes associated with drug response in gastric cancer.
- An olfactory sensory map develops in the absence of normal projection neurons or GABAergic interneurons.
- Analysis of 60 reported glioma risk SNPs replicates published GWAS findings but fails to replicate associations from published candidate-gene studies.
- Analysis of synaptic gene expression in the neocortex of primates reveals evolutionary changes in glutamatergic neurotransmission.
- Analysis of the RELN gene as a genetic risk factor for autism.
- Analysis of the regulation of microtubule dynamics by interaction of RGSZ1 (RGS20) with the neuronal stathmin, SCG10.
- Anaplastic human gliomas grown in athymic mice. Morphology and glial fibrillary acidic protein expression.
- Ankyrin and synapsin: spectrin-binding proteins associated with brain membranes.
- Ankyrin-G coordinates assembly of the spectrin-based membrane skeleton, voltage-gated sodium channels, and L1 CAMs at Purkinje neuron initial segments.
- Ankyrin-G promotes cyclic nucleotide-gated channel transport to rod photoreceptor sensory cilia.
- Ankyrin-G regulates inactivation gating of the neuronal sodium channel, Nav1.6.
- Ankyrin-binding activity of nervous system cell adhesion molecules expressed in adult brain.
- AnkyrinG. A new ankyrin gene with neural-specific isoforms localized at the axonal initial segment and node of Ranvier.
- Anterior pituitary hypoplasia and dwarfism in mice lacking the dopamine transporter.
- Anti-Yo antibody-mediated paraneoplastic cerebellar degeneration associated with cognitive affective syndrome in a patient with breast cancer: a case report and literature review.
- Antibodies to stem cell marker antigens reduce engraftment of hematopoietic stem cells.
- Apolipoprotein E and Alzheimer's disease: signal transduction mechanisms.
- Apolipoprotein E and Reelin ligands modulate tau phosphorylation through an apolipoprotein E receptor/disabled-1/glycogen synthase kinase-3beta cascade.
- Apolipoprotein E binds to and potentiates the biological activity of ciliary neurotrophic factor.
- Arc/Arg3.1 translation is controlled by convergent N-methyl-D-aspartate and Gs-coupled receptor signaling pathways.
- Artificial sweeteners and salts producing a metallic taste sensation activate TRPV1 receptors.
- Assembly of microtubules from preformed, ring-shaped protofilaments and 6-S tubulin.
- Assessing causal relationships using genetic proxies for exposures: an introduction to Mendelian randomization.
- Assignment of persephin (PSPN), a human neurotrophic factor, to chromosome 19p13.3 by radiation hybrid mapping and somatic cell hybrid PCR.
- Association between the neuron-specific RNA-binding protein ELAVL4 and Parkinson disease.
- Association of Anti-3-Hydroxy-3-Methylglutaryl-Coenzyme A Reductase Autoantibodies With DRB1*07:01 and Severe Myositis in Juvenile Myositis Patients.
- Association of sequence variants on chromosomes 20, 11, and 5 (20q13.33, 11q23.3, and 5p15.33) with glioma susceptibility in a Chinese population.
- Associations among the NEO Personality Inventory, Revised and the serotonin transporter gene-linked polymorphic region in elders: effects of depression and gender.
- Associations between antibiotic exposure during pregnancy, birth weight and aberrant methylation at imprinted genes among offspring.
- Astrocytes follow ganglion cell axons to establish an angiogenic template during retinal development.
- Atrial natriuretic polypeptide as a novel antigrowth factor of endothelial cells.
- Augmented methamphetamine-induced overflow of striatal dopamine 1 day after GDNF administration.
- Aurora Kinase A is critical for the Nkx6.1 mediated β-cell proliferation pathway.
- Autoimmunity to munc-18 in Rasmussen's encephalitis.
- Autoradiographic quantification of neurochemical markers of serotonin, dopamine and opioid systems in rat brain mesolimbic regions following chronic St John's wort treatment.
- Axonal transport of [35S]methionine-labeled proteins in two intra-brain tracts of the rat.
- B-lymphocyte development is regulated by the combined dosage of three basic helix-loop-helix genes, E2A, E2-2, and HEB.
- B1 and TRPV-1 receptor genes and their relationship to hyperalgesia following spinal cord injury.
- BDNF profoundly and specifically increases KCNQ4 expression in neurons derived from embryonic stem cells.
- BSTA promotes mTORC2-mediated phosphorylation of Akt1 to suppress expression of FoxC2 and stimulate adipocyte differentiation.
- Behavioral characterization of P311 knockout mice.
- Binding site on human immunoglobulin G for the affinity ligand HWRGWV.
- Biochemical analysis of ++Prospero protein during asymmetric cell division: cortical Prospero is highly phosphorylated relative to nuclear Prospero.
- Biochemical approaches to dementia.
- Biochemical plasticity of short-axon interneurons: increased glutamate decarboxylase activity in the denervated area of rat dentate gyrus following entorhinal lesion.
- Bisphenol A delays the perinatal chloride shift in cortical neurons by epigenetic effects on the Kcc2 promoter.
- Blood pressure homeostasis is maintained by a P311-TGF-β axis.
- Blunted stress responses in delayed type hypersensitivity in mice lacking the neuronal isoform of nitric oxide synthase.
- Bmp4 is essential for the formation of the vestibular apparatus that detects angular head movements.
- Brain region-specific disruption of Shank3 in mice reveals a dissociation for cortical and striatal circuits in autism-related behaviors.
- Brain spectrin, a membrane-associated protein related in structure and function to erythrocyte spectrin.
- Breathtaking TRP channels: TRPA1 and TRPV1 in airway chemosensation and reflex control.
- C-terminal deletion of the atrophin-1 protein results in growth retardation but not neurodegeneration in mice.
- CCP1 promotes mitochondrial fusion and motility to prevent Purkinje cell neuron loss in pcd mice.
- CDK5 regulates cell adhesion and migration in corneal epithelial cells.
- CRISPR-SID: Identifying EZH2 as a druggable target for desmoid tumors via in vivo dependency mapping.
- Ca(2+)-dependent interaction of recoverin with rhodopsin kinase.
- Calcitonin gene-related peptide-induced selective inhibition of gastric acid secretion in dogs.
- Calcitonin gene-related peptide: potent peripheral inhibitor of gastric acid secretion in rats and dogs.
- Calcium channel function regulated by the SH3-GK module in beta subunits.
- Calcium-myristoyl switches turn on new lights.
- Cannabis use is associated with potentially heritable widespread changes in autism candidate gene DLGAP2 DNA methylation in sperm.
- Car8 dorsal root ganglion expression and genetic regulation of analgesic responses are associated with a cis-eQTL in mice.
- Carbonic anhydrase-8 regulates inflammatory pain by inhibiting the ITPR1-cytosolic free calcium pathway.
- Cardiac BIN1 folds T-tubule membrane, controlling ion flux and limiting arrhythmia.
- Casein kinase 1 regulates Sprouty2 in FGF-ERK signaling.
- Cdk5 mediates changes in morphology and promotes apoptosis of astrocytoma cells in response to heat shock.
- Cell Invasion In Vivo via Rapid Exocytosis of a Transient Lysosome-Derived Membrane Domain.
- Cell surface annexin II is a high affinity receptor for the alternatively spliced segment of tenascin-C.
- Central nervous system serotonin function and cardiovascular responses to stress.
- Characterization of a CNS cell line, CAD, in which morphological differentiation is initiated by serum deprivation.
- Characterization of free-floating spheres from human trabecular meshwork (HTM) cell culture in vitro.
- Characterization of the neural stem cell gene regulatory network identifies OLIG2 as a multifunctional regulator of self-renewal.
- Chromatin Modulatory Proteins and Olfactory Receptor Signaling in the Refinement and Maintenance of Fruitless Expression in Olfactory Receptor Neurons.
- Chromatin-based reprogramming of a courtship regulator by concurrent pheromone perception and hormone signaling.
- Chromosome Xq23 is associated with lower atherogenic lipid concentrations and favorable cardiometabolic indices.
- Ciliary neurotrophic factor is an axogenesis factor for retinal ganglion cells.
- Ciliary neurotrophic factor receptor alpha mRNA in NB41A3 neuroblastoma cells: regulation by cAMP.
- Circuit-selective striatal synaptic dysfunction in the Sapap3 knockout mouse model of obsessive-compulsive disorder.
- Cloning and characterization of SLP3: a novel member of the stomatin family expressed by olfactory receptor neurons.
- Cnksr2 Loss in Mice Leads to Increased Neural Activity and Behavioral Phenotypes of Epilepsy-Aphasia Syndrome.
- Cocaine acutely inhibits DNA synthesis in developing rat brain regions: evidence for direct actions.
- Cocaine exacerbates hypoxia-induced cell damage in the developing brain: effects on ornithine decarboxylase activity and protein synthesis.
- Combinatorial expression of TRPV channel proteins defines their sensory functions and subcellular localization in C. elegans neurons.
- Commensal Bacteria Regulate Gene Expression and Differentiation in Vertebrate Olfactory Systems Through Transcription Factor REST.
- Common genetic determinants of intraocular pressure and primary open-angle glaucoma.
- Comparative analysis reveals distinctive epigenetic features of the human cerebellum.
- Comparative developmental neurotoxicity of organophosphates in vivo: transcriptional responses of pathways for brain cell development, cell signaling, cytotoxicity and neurotransmitter systems.
- Comparative epitope mapping of sera from United States (US) and Japanese patients with bullous pemphigoid (BP) to fusion proteins encoded by BPAG1.
- Comparison of proteins transported in different tracts of the central nervous system.
- Comparison of the expression of three highly related genes, Fgf8, Fgf17 and Fgf18, in the mouse embryo.
- Compartmentalized NRG signaling and PDZ domain-containing proteins in synapse structure and function.
- Comprehensive identification of mRNA isoforms reveals the diversity of neural cell-surface molecules with roles in retinal development and disease.
- Comprehensive processing, display and analysis for in vivo MR spectroscopic imaging.
- Concurrent autoreceptor-mediated control of dopamine release and uptake during neurotransmission: an in vivo voltammetric study.
- Consequences of unilateral hearing loss: time dependent regulation of protein synthesis in auditory brainstem nuclei.
- Control of neural development and function by glial neuroligins.
- Control of nucleic acid and protein synthesis in developing brain, kidney, and heart of the neonatal rat: effects of alpha-difluoromethylornithine, a specific, irreversible inhibitor of ornithine decarboxylase.
- Convergent control of serotonin transporter expression by glucocorticoids and cocaine in fetal and neonatal rat brain.
- Convergent differential regulation of SLIT-ROBO axon guidance genes in the brains of vocal learners.
- Cooperative transcriptional regulation of the essential pancreatic islet gene NeuroD1 (beta2) by Nkx2.2 and neurogenin 3.
- Correlation of FDG-PET imaging with Glut-1 and Glut-3 expression in early-stage non-small cell lung cancer.
- Cortico-striatal synaptic defects and OCD-like behaviours in Sapap3-mutant mice.
- Cp/Heph mutant mice have iron-induced neurodegeneration diminished by deferiprone.
- Cross-disorder genomewide analysis of schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and depression.
- Crystal structure of the human LRH-1 DBD-DNA complex reveals Ftz-F1 domain positioning is required for receptor activity.
- Cutting edge: critical role of intracellular osteopontin in antifungal innate immune responses.
- Cysteine 70 of ankyrin-G is S-palmitoylated and is required for function of ankyrin-G in membrane domain assembly.
- DNA Methylation Analysis Identifies Loci for Blood Pressure Regulation.
- DRAGON: a member of the repulsive guidance molecule-related family of neuronal- and muscle-expressed membrane proteins is regulated by DRG11 and has neuronal adhesive properties.
- De novo PacBio long-read and phased avian genome assemblies correct and add to reference genes generated with intermediate and short reads.
- De novo TRIM8 variants impair its protein localization to nuclear bodies and cause developmental delay, epilepsy, and focal segmental glomerulosclerosis.
- Decoding the language of epigenetics during neural development is key for understanding development as well as developmental neurotoxicity.
- Decrements in auditory responses to a repeated conspecific song are long-lasting and require two periods of protein synthesis in the songbird forebrain.
- Deficiency of Shank2 causes mania-like behavior that responds to mood stabilizers.
- Defining the contribution of CNTNAP2 to autism susceptibility.
- Detection of cytoplasmic S-100 protein in primary and metastatic intraocular melanomas.
- Development of cholinergic innervation in the hippocampal formation of the rat. II. Quantitative changes in choline acetyltransferase and acetylcholinesterase activities.
- Developmental exposure to chlorpyrifos elicits sex-selective alterations of serotonergic synaptic function in adulthood: critical periods and regional selectivity for effects on the serotonin transporter, receptor subtypes, and cell signaling.
- Developmental exposure to terbutaline and chlorpyrifos: pharmacotherapy of preterm labor and an environmental neurotoxicant converge on serotonergic systems in neonatal rat brain regions.
- Developmental origin of peripheral ciliary band neurons in the sea urchin embryo.
- Developmental regulation of apical endocytosis controls epithelial patterning in vertebrate tubular organs.
- Dexamethasone treatment in utero enhances neonatal cholinergic nerve terminal development in rat brain.
- Dexamethasone-coated neural probes elicit attenuated inflammatory response and neuronal loss compared to uncoated neural probes.
- Differences between the effect of anisotropic and isotropic laminin and nerve growth factor presenting scaffolds on nerve regeneration across long peripheral nerve gaps.
- Differences in the anatomic distribution of immediate-early gene expression in amygdala and angular bundle kindling development.
- Differential and complementary effects of glucose and prolactin on islet DNA synthesis and gene expression.
- Differential cerebral gene expression during cardiopulmonary bypass in the rat: evidence for apoptosis?
- Differential dynamics and activity-dependent regulation of alpha- and beta-neurexins at developing GABAergic synapses.
- Differential psychostimulant-induced activation of neural circuits in dopamine transporter knockout and wild type mice.
- Differentiation characteristics of newly established medulloblastoma cell lines (D384 Med, D425 Med, and D458 Med) and their transplantable xenografts.
- Differing mechanisms for glutamate receptor aggregation on dendritic spines and shafts in cultured hippocampal neurons.
- Direct reprogramming of human fibroblasts into dopaminergic neuron-like cells.
- Disc1 regulates granule cell migration in the developing hippocampus.
- Disruption at the PTCHD1 Locus on Xp22.11 in Autism spectrum disorder and intellectual disability.
- Disruption of Fgf13 causes synaptic excitatory-inhibitory imbalance and genetic epilepsy and febrile seizures plus.
- Dissection of the protein G B1 domain binding site for human IgG Fc fragment.
- Dissociable effects of advanced age on prefrontal cortical and medial temporal lobe ensemble activity.
- Distinct loci in the CHRNA5/CHRNA3/CHRNB4 gene cluster are associated with onset of regular smoking.
- Divergent gene regulation and growth effects by NF-kappa B in epithelial and mesenchymal cells of human skin.
- Do glucocorticoids contribute to the abnormalities in serotonin transporter expression and function seen in depression? An animal model.
- Does age affect response to quinidine in patients with KCNT1 mutations? Report of three new cases and review of the literature.
- Does prenatal nicotine exposure sensitize the brain to nicotine-induced neurotoxicity in adolescence?
- Dopamine neuronal transport kinetics and effects of amphetamine.
- Dopaminergic supersensitivity in G protein-coupled receptor kinase 6-deficient mice.
- Dual natriuretic peptide system in experimental heart failure.
- Dysregulation of C/EBPalpha by mutant Huntingtin causes the urea cycle deficiency in Huntington's disease.
- Dysregulation of hedgehog signalling predisposes to synovial chondromatosis.
- EEG correlates of the response to ECT: a possible antidepressant role of brain-derived neurotrophic factor.
- ELAV protein HuA (HuR) can redistribute between nucleus and cytoplasm and is upregulated during serum stimulation and T cell activation.
- ELAV tumor antigen, Hel-N1, increases translation of neurofilament M mRNA and induces formation of neurites in human teratocarcinoma cells.
- ELKS1 controls mast cell degranulation by regulating the transcription of Stxbp2 and Syntaxin 4 via Kdm2b stabilization.
- ESR1/SYNE1 polymorphism and invasive epithelial ovarian cancer risk: an Ovarian Cancer Association Consortium study.
- Early AGEing and Alzheimer's.
- Early loss of synaptic protein PSD-95 from rod terminals of rhodopsin P347L transgenic porcine retina.
- Early mitochondrial calcium defects in Huntington's disease are a direct effect of polyglutamines.
- Ectopic expression of Hel-N1, an RNA-binding protein, increases glucose transporter (GLUT1) expression in 3T3-L1 adipocytes.
- Ectopic synaptogenesis during retinal degeneration in the royal college of surgeons rat.
- Effect of allelic variation at the NACP-Rep1 repeat upstream of the alpha-synuclein gene (SNCA) on transcription in a cell culture luciferase reporter system.
- Effect of genetic variation in the nicotinic receptor genes on risk for posttraumatic stress disorder.
- Effect of growth factors on substance P mRNA expression in axotomized dorsal root ganglia.
- Effect of hypophysectomy on somatostatin-14 and somatostatin-28 biosynthesis in the rat hypothalamus.
- Effect of reduced inspired oxygen on fetal growth and maternal glucose metabolism in rat pregnancy.
- Effects of alpha-difluoromethylornithine, a specific irreversible inhibitor of ornithine decarboxylase, on nucleic acids and proteins in developing rat brain: critical perinatal periods for regional selectivity.
- Effects of maternal nicotine injections on brain development in the rat: ornithine decarboxylase activity, nucleic acids and proteins in discrete brain regions.
- Effects of neonatal methylmercury exposure on development of nucleic acids and proteins in rat brain: regional specificity.
- Effects of β-Arrestin-Biased Dopamine D2 Receptor Ligands on Schizophrenia-Like Behavior in Hypoglutamatergic Mice.
- Embryonic lethal abnormal visual RNA-binding proteins involved in growth, differentiation, and posttranscriptional gene expression.
- Endothelial cell Pannexin1 modulates severity of ischemic stroke by regulating cerebral inflammation and myogenic tone.
- Epidermal denervation and its effects on keratinocytes and Langerhans cells.
- Epigenetic dysregulation of SHANK3 in brain tissues from individuals with autism spectrum disorders.
- Epilepsy and all that jazz.
- Erbin is a protein concentrated at postsynaptic membranes that interacts with PSD-95.
- Erythrocyte ankyrin: immunoreactive analogues are associated with mitotic structures in cultured cells and with microtubules in brain.
- Etiology of Parkinson's disease: Genetics and environment revisited.
- Evaluation of the role of nitric oxide in acid sensing ion channel mediated cell death.
- Evidence for the involvement of the Gli gene family in embryonic mouse lung development.
- Evidence that methylation of the FMR-I locus is responsible for variable phenotypic expression of the fragile X syndrome.
- Evolution of ASPM coding variation in apes and associations with brain structure in chimpanzees.
- Examination of factors associated with instability of the FMR1 CGG repeat.
- Exon 10b of the NF1 gene represents a mutational hotspot and harbors a recurrent missense mutation Y489C associated with aberrant splicing.
- Expanded polyglutamine stretches form an 'aggresome'.
- Expanding allelic and phenotypic spectrum of ZC4H2-related disorder: A novel hypomorphic variant and high prevalence of tethered cord.
- Expression of Neurogenin 1 in mouse embryonic stem cells directs the differentiation of neuronal precursors and identifies unique patterns of down-stream gene expression.
- Expression of PSD-95/SAP90 is critical for N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor-mediated thermal hyperalgesia in the spinal cord.
- Expression of amphiphysin I, an autoantigen of paraneoplastic neurological syndromes, in breast cancer.
- Expression of mRNA coding for the serotonin transporter in aged vs. young rat brain: differential effects of glucocorticoids.
- Expression of reg/PSP, a pancreatic exocrine gene: relationship to changes in islet beta-cell mass.
- Expression of statin, a non-proliferation-dependent nuclear protein, in the postnatal rat brain: evidence for substantial retention of neuroglial proliferative capacity with aging.
- Expression of terminin in the rat brain during neuronal differentiation.
- Expression of terminin, a senescence-related cytoplasmic protein, in the aging rat brain.
- Expression of the intermediate filament peripherin in extraskeletal myxoid chondrosarcoma.
- Expression of the non-proliferation-specific protein, statin, in grey matter neuroglia of the aging rat brain.
- Extracellular potassium influences DNA and protein syntheses and glial fibrillary acidic protein expression in cultured glial cells.
- FGF signals guide migration of mesenchymal cells, control skeletal morphogenesis [corrected] and regulate gastrulation during sea urchin development.
- Factors regulating islet regeneration in the post-insulinoma NEDH rat.
- Fetal and adolescent nicotine administration: effects on CNS serotonergic systems.
- Fetal dexamethasone exposure alters macromolecular characteristics of rat brain development: a critical period for regionally selective alterations?
- Fetal dexamethasone exposure sensitizes neonatal rat brain to hypoxia: effects on protein and DNA synthesis.
- Fezf2 regulates telencephalic precursor differentiation from mouse embryonic stem cells.
- Fgf signaling instructs position-dependent growth rate during zebrafish fin regeneration.
- Fibroblast growth factors regulate calcitonin gene-related peptide mRNA expression in rat motoneurons after lesion and in culture.
- Fibronectin and glial fibrillary acidic protein expression in normal human brain and anaplastic human gliomas.
- Fine-mapping of the 5p15.33, 6p22.1-p21.31, and 15q25.1 regions identifies functional and histology-specific lung cancer susceptibility loci in African-Americans.
- Focal expression of mutant huntingtin in the songbird basal ganglia disrupts cortico-basal ganglia networks and vocal sequences.
- Fragile X males with unmethylated, full mutation trinucleotide repeat expansions have elevated levels of FMR1 messenger RNA.
- From induction to conduction: how intrinsic transcriptional priming of extrinsic neuronal connectivity shapes neuronal identity.
- Functional analysis of intra-allelic variation at NACP-Rep1 in the alpha-synuclein gene.
- Functional association of the parkin gene promoter with idiopathic Parkinson's disease.
- Functional redundancy of the Nur77 and Nor-1 orphan steroid receptors in T-cell apoptosis.
- Functional roles of the two domains of phosducin and phosducin-like protein.
- G protein-coupled receptor kinase 5 regulates beta 1-adrenergic receptor association with PSD-95.
- GABA and neuroligin signaling: linking synaptic activity and adhesion in inhibitory synapse development.
- GDNF protection against 6-OHDA-induced reductions in potassium-evoked overflow of striatal dopamine.
- GRIP: a synaptic PDZ domain-containing protein that interacts with AMPA receptors.
- GTPase activating specificity of RGS12 and binding specificity of an alternatively spliced PDZ (PSD-95/Dlg/ZO-1) domain.
- Ganglioside-induced differentiation-associated protein-1 is mutant in Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 4A/8q21.
- Gene by Environment Investigation of Incident Lung Cancer Risk in African-Americans.
- Generalized reconstruction of n-D NMR spectra from multiple projections: application to the 5-D HACACONH spectrum of protein G B1 domain.
- Generation and characterization of a mouse/human chimeric antibody directed against extracellular matrix protein tenascin.
- Generation and characterization of neurogenin1-GFP transgenic medaka with potential for rapid developmental neurotoxicity screening.
- Generation of high curvature membranes mediated by direct endophilin bilayer interactions.
- Genes with high penetrance for syndromic and non-syndromic autism typically function within the nucleus and regulate gene expression.
- Genetic analysis of α-synuclein 3' untranslated region and its corresponding microRNAs in relation to Parkinson's disease compared to dementia with Lewy bodies.
- Genetic studies in Alzheimer's disease with an NACP/alpha-synuclein polymorphism.
- Genetic variation in the dectin-1/CARD9 recognition pathway and susceptibility to candidemia.
- Genetically determined P2X7 receptor pore formation regulates variability in chronic pain sensitivity.
- Genome-wide analyses of exonic copy number variants in a family-based study point to novel autism susceptibility genes.
- Genome-wide analysis of central corneal thickness in primary open-angle glaucoma cases in the NEIGHBOR and GLAUGEN consortia.
- Genome-wide association analysis identifies variants associated with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease that have distinct effects on metabolic traits.
- Genome-wide association studies identify CHRNA5/3 and HTR4 in the development of airflow obstruction.
- Genome-wide association study for refractive astigmatism reveals genetic co-determination with spherical equivalent refractive error: the CREAM consortium.
- Genome-wide association study of obsessive-compulsive disorder.
- Genome-wide joint meta-analysis of SNP and SNP-by-smoking interaction identifies novel loci for pulmonary function.
- Genome-wide meta-analyses of smoking behaviors in African Americans.
- Germline mutations in glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) and RET in a Hirschsprung disease patient.
- Global view of the functional molecular organization of the avian cerebrum: mirror images and functional columns.
- Glucose-regulated protein (GRP78) is an important cell surface receptor for viral invasion, cancers, and neurological disorders.
- Glutamatergic neuronal differentiation of mouse embryonic stem cells after transient expression of neurogenin 1 and treatment with BDNF and GDNF: in vitro and in vivo studies.
- Growth and lability of Chaetopterus oocyte mitotic spindles isolated in the presence of porcine brain tubulin.
- HES1 is a novel downstream modifier of the SHH-GLI3 Axis in the development of preaxial polydactyly.
- HPV status-independent association of alcohol and tobacco exposure or prior radiation therapy with promoter methylation of FUSSEL18, EBF3, IRX1, and SEPT9, but not SLC5A8, in head and neck squamous cell carcinomas.
- Haploinsufficient phenotypes in Bmp4 heterozygous null mice and modification by mutations in Gli3 and Alx4.
- Hel-N1, an RNA-binding protein, is a ligand for an A + U rich region of the GLUT1 3' UTR.
- Hel-N1/Hel-N2 proteins are bound to poly(A)+ mRNA in granular RNP structures and are implicated in neuronal differentiation.
- HepaCAM controls astrocyte self-organization and coupling.
- Hepatic accumulation of Hedgehog-reactive progenitors increases with severity of fatty liver damage in mice.
- Heterogeneity of Genotypic and phenotypic characteristics of fifteen permanent cell lines derived from human gliomas.
- Heterogeneous association between engrailed-2 and autism in the CPEA network.
- High resolution 4-D spectroscopy with sparse concentric shell sampling and FFT-CLEAN.
- Hippocampal interneurons expressing glutamic acid decarboxylase and calcium-binding proteins decrease with aging in Fischer 344 rats.
- Homer: a protein that selectively binds metabotropic glutamate receptors.
- How does intermittent pacing modify the response to rapid ventricular pacing in experimental heart failure?
- Human and mouse alpha-synuclein genes: comparative genomic sequence analysis and identification of a novel gene regulatory element.
- Human dectin-1 deficiency and mucocutaneous fungal infections.
- Huntingtin and DRPLA proteins selectively interact with the enzyme GAPDH.
- Huntingtin is required for normal excitatory synapse development in cortical and striatal circuits.
- Hyperactivity and cortical disinhibition in mice with restricted expression of mutant huntingtin to parvalbumin-positive cells.
- Id1 and Id3 are required for neurogenesis, angiogenesis and vascularization of tumour xenografts.
- Identification of Drosophila cytoskeletal proteins by induction of abnormal cell shape in fission yeast.
- Identification of G protein-gated and G protein-modulated ionic channels. Molecular basis for G protein action.
- Identification of OTX2 as a medulloblastoma oncogene whose product can be targeted by all-trans retinoic acid.
- Identification of a brain- and reproductive-organs-specific gene responsive to DNA damage and retinoic acid.
- Identification of amino acid residues in the insect sodium channel critical for pyrethroid binding.
- Identification of an elaborate complex mediating postsynaptic inhibition.
- Identification of enhancer regulatory elements that direct epicardial gene expression during zebrafish heart regeneration.
- Identification of neural transcription factors required for the differentiation of three neuronal subtypes in the sea urchin embryo.
- Identification of novel interaction sites that determine specificity between fibroblast growth factor homologous factors and voltage-gated sodium channels.
- Identification of novel risk loci for restless legs syndrome in genome-wide association studies in individuals of European ancestry: a meta-analysis.
- Identification of specific protein-RNA target sites using libraries of natural sequences.
- Identifying Synaptic Proteins by In Vivo BioID from Mouse Brain.
- Identifying local and descending inputs for primary sensory neurons.
- Identifying mRNA subsets in messenger ribonucleoprotein complexes by using cDNA arrays.
- Iduna protects the brain from glutamate excitotoxicity and stroke by interfering with poly(ADP-ribose) polymer-induced cell death.
- IgG antibodies from patients with bullous pemphigoid bind to localized epitopes on synthetic peptides encoded by bullous pemphigoid antigen cDNA.
- Ihh controls cartilage development by antagonizing Gli3, but requires additional effectors to regulate osteoblast and vascular development.
- Imaging genomics.
- Imaging microstructure with diffusion and susceptibility MR: neuronal density correlation in Disrupted-in-Schizophrenia-1 mutant mice.
- Immobilized molecular beacons: a new strategy using UV-activated poly(methyl methacrylate) surfaces to provide large fluorescence sensitivities for reporting on molecular association events.
- Immune plexins and semaphorins: old proteins, new immune functions.
- Immunohistochemical analysis of Disc1 expression in the developing and adult hippocampus.
- Immunohistochemical detection of factor VIII/von Willebrand factor in hyperplastic endothelial cells in glioblastoma multiforme and mixed glioma-sarcoma.
- Immunohistochemical localization of ciliary neurotrophic factor receptor alpha expression in the rat nervous system.
- Immunohistochemical markers in fibrohistiocytic lesions: factor XIIIa, CD34, S-100 and p75.
- Impaired firing and sodium channel function in CA1 hippocampal interneurons after transient cerebral ischemia.
- Importance of the intracellular domain of NR2 subunits for NMDA receptor function in vivo.
- In vitro effects of polyglutamine tracts on Ca2+-dependent depolarization of rat and human mitochondria: relevance to Huntington's disease.
- In vivo electroporation and non-protein based screening assays to identify antibodies against native protein conformations.
- Increased Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor 5 Signaling Underlies Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder-like Behavioral and Striatal Circuit Abnormalities in Mice.
- Increased genetic vulnerability to smoking at CHRNA5 in early-onset smokers.
- Individual common variants exert weak effects on the risk for autism spectrum disorders.
- Induction of human tenascin (neuronectin) by growth factors and cytokines: cell type-specific signals and signalling pathways.
- Induction of nitric oxide in cultured microglia: evidence for a cytoprotective role.
- Induction of sodium channel clustering by oligodendrocytes.
- Induction of spine growth and synapse formation by regulation of the spine actin cytoskeleton.
- Influence of life stress on depression: moderation by a polymorphism in the 5-HTT gene.
- Influence of serotonin transporter promoter region polymorphisms on hippocampal volumes in late-life depression.
- Inhibition of inhibition in visual cortex: the logic of connections between molecularly distinct interneurons.
- Injuring neurons induces neuronal differentiation in a population of hippocampal precursor cells in culture.
- Insights into the genetic architecture of early stage age-related macular degeneration: a genome-wide association study meta-analysis.
- Interaction of CTLA-4 with the clathrin-associated protein AP50 results in ligand-independent endocytosis that limits cell surface expression.
- Interactions between afferents to the dentate gyrus after entorhinal lesion during development: long-term regulation of choline acetyl-transferase activity.
- Intracerebral Flexner-Wintersteiner Rosette-Rich Tumor With Somatic RB1 Mutation: A CNS Embryonal Tumor With Retinoblastic Differentiation.
- Intraspinal transplantation of neurogenin-expressing stem cells generates spinal cord neural progenitors.
- Invading, Leading and Navigating Cells in Caenorhabditis elegans : Insights into Cell Movement in Vivo .
- Investigation of NRXN1 deletions: clinical and molecular characterization.
- Investigation of potential gene-gene interactions between APOE and RELN contributing to autism risk.
- Involvement of P311 in the affective, but not in the sensory component of pain.
- Involvement of gamma and beta actin isoforms in mouse neuroblastoma differentiation.
- Is the PentaBDE replacement, tris (1,3-dichloro-2-propyl) phosphate (TDCPP), a developmental neurotoxicant? Studies in PC12 cells.
- Isolation and characterization of a prenylcysteine lyase from bovine brain.
- Isolation of two E-box binding factors that interact with the rat tyrosine hydroxylase enhancer.
- Jagged2 controls the generation of motor neuron and oligodendrocyte progenitors in the ventral spinal cord.
- K+ regulates DNA binding of transcription factors to control gene expression related to neuronal apoptosis.
- KASH protein Syne-2/Nesprin-2 and SUN proteins SUN1/2 mediate nuclear migration during mammalian retinal development.
- Kindling produces long-lasting and selective changes in gene expression of hippocampal neurons.
- Lack of association of mutations in optineurin with disease in patients with adult-onset primary open-angle glaucoma.
- Lack of effect of mossy fiber-released zinc on granule cell GABA(A) receptors in the pilocarpine model of epilepsy.
- Lactogenic and somatogenic hormones regulate the expression of neuropeptide Y and cocaine- and amphetamine-regulated transcript in rat insulinoma (INS-1) cells: interactions with glucose and glucocorticoids.
- Lateralized activation of Cluster N in the brains of migratory songbirds.
- Lewy body pathology is a frequent co-pathology in familial Alzheimer's disease.
- Ligand-dependent recruitment of the ErbB4 signaling complex into neuronal lipid rafts.
- Lineage-specific laminar organization of cortical GABAergic interneurons.
- Localization and quantitation of hexabrachion (tenascin) in skin, embryonic brain, tumors, and plasma.
- Localization of factor VIII/von Willebrand factor and glial fibrillary acidic protein in the hemangioblastoma: implications for stromal cell histogenesis.
- Localization of tenascin in uterine sarcomas and partially transformed endometrial stromal cells.
- Localization of three genes expressed in retina on mouse chromosome 11.
- Loss of Lrig1 leads to expansion of Brunner glands followed by duodenal adenomas with gastric metaplasia.
- Loss of NR1 subunit of NMDARs in primary sensory neurons leads to hyperexcitability and pain hypersensitivity: involvement of Ca(2+)-activated small conductance potassium channels.
- LvNumb works synergistically with Notch signaling to specify non-skeletal mesoderm cells in the sea urchin embryo.
- Lysophosphatidic acid stimulates neurotransmitter-like conductance changes that precede GABA and L-glutamate in early, presumptive cortical neuroblasts.
- MIG-10 (Lamellipodin) stabilizes invading cell adhesion to basement membrane and is a negative transcriptional target of EGL-43 in C. elegans.
- MIG-10 (lamellipodin) has netrin-independent functions and is a FOS-1A transcriptional target during anchor cell invasion in C. elegans.
- MRGPR-mediated activation of local mast cells clears cutaneous bacterial infection and protects against reinfection.
- Magnetic resonance imaging at microscopic resolution reveals subtle morphological changes in a mouse model of dopaminergic hyperfunction.
- Mammalian homologs of Drosophila ELAV localized to a neuronal subset can bind in vitro to the 3' UTR of mRNA encoding the Id transcriptional repressor.
- Mapping nonverbal IQ in young boys with fragile X syndrome.
- Mechanism of regulation of casein kinase I activity by group I metabotropic glutamate receptors.
- Mechanisms of ATP release by human trabecular meshwork cells, the enabling step in purinergic regulation of aqueous humor outflow.
- Melanoma, a tumor based on a mutant stem cell?
- Menthol preference among smokers: association with TRPA1 variants.
- Meteorin-like facilitates skeletal muscle repair through a Stat3/IGF-1 mechanism.
- Methamphetamine toxicity is attenuated in mice that overexpress human manganese superoxide dismutase.
- Mice lacking the dopamine transporter display altered regulation of distal colonic motility.
- Microarray identification of FMRP-associated brain mRNAs and altered mRNA translational profiles in fragile X syndrome.
- Microtubule surface lattice and subunit structure and observations on reassembly.
- Microtubule-associated protein 2, a microtubule-associated protein from brain, is immunologically related to the alpha subunit of erythrocyte spectrin.
- Misexpression of ptf1a in cortical pyramidal cells in vivo promotes an inhibitory peptidergic identity.
- Missense and truncating variants in CHD5 in a dominant neurodevelopmental disorder with intellectual disability, behavioral disturbances, and epilepsy.
- Modeling geriatric depression in animals: biochemical and behavioral effects of olfactory bulbectomy in young versus aged rats.
- Molecular analysis of proteins associated with the synaptic vesicle membrane.
- Molecular and clinical analyses of Greig cephalopolysyndactyly and Pallister-Hall syndromes: robust phenotype prediction from the type and position of GLI3 mutations.
- Molecular mechanisms of TRPV4-mediated neural signaling.
- Molecular pathophysiology of Parkinson's disease.
- Molecular sequelae of topographically guided peripheral nerve repair.
- Monoclonal antibodies for brain tumour treatment.
- Mosaicism for an FMR1 gene deletion in a fragile X female.
- Mouse Cntnap2 and Human CNTNAP2 ASD Alleles Cell Autonomously Regulate PV+ Cortical Interneurons.
- Multi-ancestry study of blood lipid levels identifies four loci interacting with physical activity.
- Multicentre search for genetic susceptibility loci in sporadic epilepsy syndrome and seizure types: a case-control study.
- Multiple rare SAPAP3 missense variants in trichotillomania and OCD.
- Multiple roles for the active zone protein RIM1alpha in late stages of neurotransmitter release.
- Multiple structural elements define the specificity of recombinant human inhibitor-1 as a protein phosphatase-1 inhibitor.
- Munc13-1 is required for presynaptic long-term potentiation.
- Mustard oils and cannabinoids excite sensory nerve fibres through the TRP channel ANKTM1.
- Mutation of MeCP2 alters transcriptional regulation of select immediate-early genes.
- Mutations affecting the cytoplasmic functions of the co-chaperone DNAJB6 cause limb-girdle muscular dystrophy.
- Mutations in WDR62, encoding a centrosome-associated protein, cause microcephaly with simplified gyri and abnormal cortical architecture.
- Mutations in the mitochondrial GTPase mitofusin 2 cause Charcot-Marie-Tooth neuropathy type 2A.
- Mutations of the Sonic Hedgehog Pathway Underlie Hypothalamic Hamartoma with Gelastic Epilepsy.
- N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide and other risk markers for the separate prediction of mortality and subsequent myocardial infarction in patients with unstable coronary artery disease: a Global Utilization of Strategies To Open occluded arteries (GUSTO)-IV substudy.
- NDRG4 is required for cell cycle progression and survival in glioblastoma cells.
- NHERF1/EBP50 is an organizer of polarity structures and a diagnostic marker in ependymoma.
- NPAS1 regulates branching morphogenesis in embryonic lung.
- Narp and NP1 form heterocomplexes that function in developmental and activity-dependent synaptic plasticity.
- Nearest neighbor analysis for brain synapsin I. Evidence from in vitro reassociation assays for association with membrane protein(s) and the Mr = 68,000 neurofilament subunit.
- Necdin-E2F4 interaction provides insulin-sensitizing effect after weight loss induced by gastric bypass surgery.
- Negatively stained vinblastine aggregates.
- Neonatal Escherichia coli infection alters glial, cytokine, and neuronal gene expression in response to acute amphetamine in adolescent rats.
- Neonatal infection modulates behavioral flexibility and hippocampal activation on a Morris Water Maze task.
- Netrin-1-mediated axon guidance in mouse embryonic stem cells overexpressing neurogenin-1.
- Neurabin/protein phosphatase-1 complex regulates dendritic spine morphogenesis and maturation.
- Neurabins recruit protein phosphatase-1 and inhibitor-2 to the actin cytoskeleton.
- Neural circuit pathology driven by Shank3 mutation disrupts social behaviors.
- Neural grafting reverses prenatal drug-induced alterations in hippocampal PKC and related behavioral deficits.
- Neurobehavioral effects of 1,2-propanediol in zebrafish (Danio rerio).
- Neurochemical effects of chronic dietary and repeated high-level acute exposure to chlorpyrifos in rats.
- Neurod6 expression defines new retinal amacrine cell subtypes and regulates their fate.
- Neurohormonal signaling via a sulfotransferase antagonizes insulin-like signaling to regulate a Caenorhabditis elegans stress response.
- Neurokinin-1 receptor enhances TRPV1 activity in primary sensory neurons via PKCepsilon: a novel pathway for heat hyperalgesia.
- Neuronal SNAREs do not trigger fusion between synthetic membranes but do promote PEG-mediated membrane fusion.
- Neuronal cell shape and neurite initiation are regulated by the Ndr kinase SAX-1, a member of the Orb6/COT-1/warts serine/threonine kinase family.
- Neuronal mitochondria transport Pink1 mRNA via synaptojanin 2 to support local mitophagy.
- Neuronal pentraxin 1: a novel mediator of hypoxic-ischemic injury in neonatal brain.
- Neuroprotective effects of creatine in a transgenic mouse model of Huntington's disease.
- Neuroprotective effects of reactive oxygen species mediated by BDNF-independent activation of TrkB.
- Neurotrophins affect the pattern of DRG neurite growth in a bioassay that presents a choice of CNS and PNS substrates.
- New tools for studying microglia in the mouse and human CNS.
- Newborns of obese parents have altered DNA methylation patterns at imprinted genes.
- Nicotine increases in vivo blood-brain barrier permeability and alters cerebral microvascular tight junction protein distribution.
- Nicotine is a developmental neurotoxicant and neuroprotectant: stage-selective inhibition of DNA synthesis coincident with shielding from effects of chlorpyrifos.
- Nkx6.1 regulates islet β-cell proliferation via Nr4a1 and Nr4a3 nuclear receptors.
- Nociceptors are interleukin-1beta sensors.
- Nonobese diabetic congenic strain analysis of autoimmune diabetes reveals genetic complexity of the Idd18 locus and identifies Vav3 as a candidate gene.
- Nonreceptor tyrosine kinase BMX maintains self-renewal and tumorigenic potential of glioblastoma stem cells by activating STAT3.
- Norrie disease gene sequence variants in an ethnically diverse population with retinopathy of prematurity.
- Novel genetic loci associated with hippocampal volume.
- Novel repression of Kcc2 transcription by REST-RE-1 controls developmental switch in neuronal chloride.
- Novel--and "neu"--therapeutic possibilities for heart failure.
- Nuclear phosphatase PPM1G in cellular survival and neural development.
- Numb regulates somatic cell lineage commitment during early gonadogenesis in mice.
- Olfactory marker protein mRNA is found in axons of olfactory receptor neurons.
- Ontogenetic differences in the regional and cellular acetylcholinesterase and butyrylcholinesterase activity in the rat brain.
- Opposing central and peripheral actions of brain-gut peptides: a basis for regulation of gastric function.
- Organization of the superior olivary complex in the guinea pig. I. Cytoarchitecture, cytochrome oxidase histochemistry, and dendritic morphology.
- Orphan nuclear receptors in T lymphocyte development.
- Overexpression of NEUROG2 and NEUROG1 in human embryonic stem cells produces a network of excitatory and inhibitory neurons.
- Overexpression of synuclein-gamma in pancreatic adenocarcinoma.
- Oxidized Phospholipid OxPAPC Activates TRPA1 and Contributes to Chronic Inflammatory Pain in Mice.
- P311 induces a TGF-beta1-independent, nonfibrogenic myofibroblast phenotype.
- PLP1 alternative splicing in differentiating oligodendrocytes: characterization of an exonic splicing enhancer.
- PTHrP regulates growth plate chondrocyte differentiation and proliferation in a Gli3 dependent manner utilizing hedgehog ligand dependent and independent mechanisms.
- Pannexin 1 channels control the hemodynamic response to hypoxia by regulating O2-sensitive extracellular ATP in blood.
- Pannexin 1, an ATP release channel, is activated by caspase cleavage of its pore-associated C-terminal autoinhibitory region.
- Paraneoplastic stiff-person syndrome: no tumor progression over 5 years.
- Pathway discovery in mantle cell lymphoma by integrated analysis of high-resolution gene expression and copy number profiling.
- Peptide array X-linking (PAX): a new peptide-protein identification approach.
- Perinatal dietary supplementation with a commercial soy lecithin preparation: effects on behavior and brain biochemistry in the developing rat.
- Persistent c-fos induction by nicotine in developing rat brain regions: interaction with hypoxia.
- Persistent cholinergic presynaptic deficits after neonatal chlorpyrifos exposure.
- Pharmacogenetics of antipsychotic response in the CATIE trial: a candidate gene analysis.
- Phosphorylation of an alpha-synuclein peptide fragment enhances metal binding.
- Phosphorylation of microtubule-associated proteins by protein kinase CK2 in neuritogenesis.
- Photoperiod alters the time course of brain cyclooxygenase-2 expression in Siberian hamsters.
- Photoreceptor synapses degenerate early in experimental choroidal neovascularization.
- Physical and genetic mapping of the CMT4A locus and exclusion of PMP-2 as the defect in CMT4A.
- Physiologic importance of protein phosphatase inhibitors.
- Plasma and cardiac tissue atrial and brain natriuretic peptides in experimental heart failure.
- Plexin D1 determines body fat distribution by regulating the type V collagen microenvironment in visceral adipose tissue.
- Plexin-B2 and Plexin-D1 in dendritic cells: expression and IL-12/IL-23p40 production.
- Plexin-B2 negatively regulates macrophage motility, Rac, and Cdc42 activation.
- Plexin-D1 is a novel regulator of germinal centers and humoral immune responses.
- Plug-and-Play Protein Modification Using Homology-Independent Universal Genome Engineering.
- Polarized secretory trafficking directs cargo for asymmetric dendrite growth and morphogenesis.
- Postmortem delay has minimal effect on brain RNA integrity.
- Posttranscriptional generation of macromolecular complexes.
- Present and future pharmacotherapeutic options for adult attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder.
- ProSAAS-derived peptides are regulated by cocaine and are required for sensitization to the locomotor effects of cocaine.
- Production and characterization of two ependymoma xenografts.
- Profiling of experience-regulated proteins in the songbird auditory forebrain using quantitative proteomics.
- Progenitor Hyperpolarization Regulates the Sequential Generation of Neuronal Subtypes in the Developing Neocortex.
- Programming of brainstem serotonin transporter development by prenatal glucocorticoids.
- Promotion of the development of enteric neurons and glia by neuropoietic cytokines: interactions with neurotrophin-3.
- Protein kinase C activity, translocation, and conventional isoforms in aging rat brain.
- Protein kinase-zeta interacts with munc18c: role in GLUT4 trafficking.
- Protein phosphatase 1 regulation by inhibitors and targeting subunits.
- Protein phosphatase regulation by endogenous inhibitors.
- Protein synthesis inhibition blocks maintenance but not induction of epileptogenesis in hippocampal slice.
- Protein targeting in neurons and endocrine cells.
- Protein-protein interactions contributing to the specificity of intracellular vesicular trafficking.
- Protein: protein interactions in Alzheimer's disease and the CAG triplet repeat diseases.
- Proteomic biomarker discovery in cerebrospinal fluid for cerebral vasospasm following subarachnoid hemorrhage.
- Proteomic identification of specific oxidized proteins in ApoE-knockout mice: relevance to Alzheimer's disease.
- Pungent products from garlic activate the sensory ion channel TRPA1.
- Purification and properties of a multifunctional calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase from rat pancreas.
- Purinergic signalling underlies transforming growth factor-β-mediated bladder afferent nerve hyperexcitability.
- Quantification and Potential Functions of Endogenous Agonists of Transient Receptor Potential Channels in Patients With Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
- Quantitative 1H magnetic resonance spectroscopic imaging determines therapeutic immunization efficacy in an animal model of Parkinson's disease.
- Quantitative Trait Locus Analysis of SIX1-SIX6 With Retinal Nerve Fiber Layer Thickness in Individuals of European Descent.
- Quinidine in the treatment of KCNT1-positive epilepsies.
- R7BP, a novel neuronal protein interacting with RGS proteins of the R7 family.
- RAP2 mediates mechanoresponses of the Hippo pathway.
- RGSZ1, a Gz-selective regulator of G protein signaling whose action is sensitive to the phosphorylation state of Gzalpha.
- RK2, a glial-specific homeodomain protein required for embryonic nerve cord condensation and viability in Drosophila.
- RNA Splicing of the BHC80 Gene Contributes to Neuroendocrine Prostate Cancer Progression.
- RNA editing generates tissue-specific sodium channels with distinct gating properties.
- ROR alpha augments thyroid hormone receptor-mediated transcriptional activation.
- Rabbits immunized with a peptide encoded for by the 230-kD bullous pemphigoid antigen cDNA develop an enhanced inflammatory response to UVB irradiation: a potential animal model for bullous pemphigoid.
- Rapid assignment of protein side chain resonances using projection-reconstruction of (4,3)D HC(CCO)NH and intra-HC(C)NH experiments.
- Rat kidney papilla contains abundant synaptobrevin protein that participates in the fusion of antidiuretic hormone-regulated water channel-containing endosomes in vitro.
- Reactive astrocytes express the embryonic intermediate neurofilament nestin.
- Recombinant human glial growth factor 2 (rhGGF2) improves functional recovery of crushed peripheral nerve (a double-blind study).
- Reconstructing and reprogramming the tumor-propagating potential of glioblastoma stem-like cells.
- Reduced cortical BDNF expression and aberrant memory in Carf knock-out mice.
- Reduction of vascular intimal-medial hyperplasia in polytetrafluoroethylene arteriovenous grafts via expression of an inhibitor of G protein signaling.
- Reelin signals survival through Src-family kinases that inactivate BAD activity.
- Refinement of the PARK3 locus on chromosome 2p13 and the analysis of 14 candidate genes.
- Regionally distinct stoichiometry for N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor domains in brain.
- Regulation of Gliogenesis by lin-32/Atoh1 in Caenorhabditis elegans.
- Regulation of P311 expression by Met-hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor and the ubiquitin/proteasome system.
- Regulation of alpha-synuclein expression by poly (ADP ribose) polymerase-1 (PARP-1) binding to the NACP-Rep1 polymorphic site upstream of the SNCA gene.
- Regulation of alpha-synuclein expression: implications for Parkinson's disease.
- Regulation of alternative splicing of NMDAR1 in the kindling model.
- Regulation of chromatin accessibility and Zic binding at enhancers in the developing cerebellum.
- Regulation of complex I by Engrailed is complex too.
- Regulation of glioblastoma stem cells by retinoic acid: role for Notch pathway inhibition.
- Regulation of myeloid leukaemia by the cell-fate determinant Musashi.
- Regulation of neuregulin signaling by PSD-95 interacting with ErbB4 at CNS synapses.
- Regulation of sensorimotor gating via Disc1/Huntingtin-mediated Bdnf transport in the cortico-striatal circuit.
- Regulation of spine structural plasticity by Arc/Arg3.1.
- Regulation of synaptic strength by protein phosphatase 1.
- Relationship between CYP2A6 and CHRNA5-CHRNA3-CHRNB4 variation and smoking behaviors and lung cancer risk.
- Relationship between serotonin transporter gene polymorphisms and platelet serotonin transporter sites among African-American cocaine-dependent individuals and healthy volunteers.
- Relationship of a 5-HT transporter functional polymorphism to 5-HT1A receptor binding in healthy women.
- Respiratory dysfunction in a mouse model of spinocerebellar ataxia type 7.
- Restoring striatal WAVE-1 improves maze exploration performance of GluN1 knockdown mice.
- Retrograde BMP signaling regulates trigeminal sensory neuron identities and the formation of precise face maps.
- Retrograde influence of muscle fibers on their innervation revealed by a novel marker for slow motoneurons.
- Retrospective family study of childhood medulloblastoma.
- Robo functions as an attractive cue for glial migration through SYG-1/Neph.
- Robust cone-mediated signaling persists late into rod photoreceptor degeneration.
- Role of serotonin in the paradoxical calming effect of psychostimulants on hyperactivity.
- Roles for netrin signaling outside of axon guidance: a view from the worm.
- Roles of Alternative RNA Splicing of the Bif-1 Gene by SRRM4 During the Development of Treatment-induced Neuroendocrine Prostate Cancer.
- Rudimentary substrates for vocal learning in a suboscine.
- SAC1-like domains of yeast SAC1, INP52, and INP53 and of human synaptojanin encode polyphosphoinositide phosphatases.
- SHANK3 Deficiency Impairs Heat Hyperalgesia and TRPV1 Signaling in Primary Sensory Neurons.
- SHANK3 in vagal sensory neurons regulates body temperature, systemic inflammation, and sepsis.
- SLIT2-mediated ROBO2 signaling restricts kidney induction to a single site.
- SLITRK1 mutations in trichotillomania.
- SRRM4 gene expression correlates with neuroendocrine prostate cancer.
- SUN1 and SUN2 play critical but partially redundant roles in anchoring nuclei in skeletal muscle cells in mice.
- SUN1/2 and Syne/Nesprin-1/2 complexes connect centrosome to the nucleus during neurogenesis and neuronal migration in mice.
- Safety and efficacy of opicinumab in acute optic neuritis (RENEW): a randomised, placebo-controlled, phase 2 trial.
- Sapap3 deletion anomalously activates short-term endocannabinoid-mediated synaptic plasticity.
- Sapap3 deletion causes mGluR5-dependent silencing of AMPAR synapses.
- Screening for novel central nervous system biomarkers in veterans with Gulf War Illness.
- Selection of a subset of mRNAs from combinatorial 3' untranslated region libraries using neuronal RNA-binding protein Hel-N1.
- Semaphorin 5A inhibits synaptogenesis in early postnatal- and adult-born hippocampal dentate granule cells.
- Serotonergic systems targeted by developmental exposure to chlorpyrifos: effects during different critical periods.
- Serotonin transporter expression in rat brain regions and blood platelets: aging and glucocorticoid effects.
- Serotonin transporter genetic variation and the response of the human amygdala.
- Serotonin- and training-induced dynamic regulation of CREB2 in Aplysia.
- Serotonin-related gene polymorphisms and central nervous system serotonin function.
- Shank3 mutant mice display autistic-like behaviours and striatal dysfunction.
- Signal transduction in neuronal migration: roles of GTPase activating proteins and the small GTPase Cdc42 in the Slit-Robo pathway.
- Site-specific retinoic acid production in the brain of adult songbirds.
- Snare protein expression and adenoviral transfection of amphicrine AR42J.
- Social Context Enhances Hormonal Modulation of Pheromone Detection in Drosophila.
- Social feeding in Caenorhabditis elegans is induced by neurons that detect aversive stimuli.
- Sodium butyrate ameliorates histone hypoacetylation and neurodegenerative phenotypes in a mouse model for DRPLA.
- Solution structure of the NaV1.2 C-terminal EF-hand domain.
- Somatic mutation of vascular endothelial growth factor receptors in juvenile hemangioma.
- Somatostatin receptor 2 signaling promotes growth and tumor survival in small-cell lung cancer.
- Specificity and regulation of a synaptic vesicle docking complex.
- Specificity determinants in phosphoinositide dephosphorylation: crystal structure of an archetypal inositol polyphosphate 5-phosphatase.
- Spinophilin blocks arrestin actions in vitro and in vivo at G protein-coupled receptors.
- Stac3 is a component of the excitation-contraction coupling machinery and mutated in Native American myopathy.
- Structure and expression of a membrane component of the inhibin receptor system.
- Structure, function and pharmacology of human itch GPCRs.
- Structure-based engineering of environmentally sensitive fluorophores for monitoring protein-protein interactions.
- Subcellular distribution of transmitter-related enzyme activities in discrete areas of the rat dentate gyrus.
- Subgroup-specific structural variation across 1,000 medulloblastoma genomes.
- Suppression of inflammatory and neuropathic pain by uncoupling CRMP-2 from the presynaptic Ca²⁺ channel complex.
- Suppression of trkB expression by antisense oligonucleotides alters a neuronal phenotype in the rod pathway of the developing rat retina.
- Suppressor and activator functions mediated by a repeated heptad sequence in the liver fatty acid-binding protein gene (Fabpl). Effects on renal, small intestinal, and colonic epithelial cell gene expression in transgenic mice.
- Synapsin I is a microtubule-bundling protein.
- Synapsin I is a spectrin-binding protein immunologically related to erythrocyte protein 4.1.
- Synapsin I: a regulated synaptic vesicle organizing protein.
- Synaptic clustering of AMPA receptors by the extracellular immediate-early gene product Narp.
- Synaptic dysfunction and abnormal behaviors in mice lacking major isoforms of Shank3.
- Synaptic vesicle biogenesis, docking, and fusion: a molecular description.
- Synaptic vesicle membrane proteins interact to form a multimeric complex.
- Synaptically targeted narp plays an essential role in the aggregation of AMPA receptors at excitatory synapses in cultured spinal neurons.
- Synaptotagmin 17 controls neurite outgrowth and synaptic physiology via distinct cellular pathways.
- Syncoilin modulates peripherin filament networks and is necessary for large-calibre motor neurons.
- Syne-1 and Syne-2 play crucial roles in myonuclear anchorage and motor neuron innervation.
- Syntaxin 1A is transiently expressed in fetal lung mesenchymal cells: potential developmental roles.
- Syntaxin: a synaptic protein implicated in docking of synaptic vesicles at presynaptic active zones.
- TASK-1 and TASK-3 channels modulate pressure overload-induced cardiac remodeling and dysfunction.
- TRP channels in disease.
- TRPV channel-mediated calcium transients in nociceptor neurons are dispensable for avoidance behaviour.
- TRPV4 as osmosensor: a transgenic approach.
- Targeting blood-brain barrier sphingolipid signaling reduces basal P-glycoprotein activity and improves drug delivery to the brain.
- Targeting protein phosphatase 1 (PP1) to the actin cytoskeleton: the neurabin I/PP1 complex regulates cell morphology.
- Targeting specific PDZ domains of PSD-95; structural basis for enhanced affinity and enzymatic stability of a cyclic peptide.
- Temporomandibular joint pain: a critical role for Trpv4 in the trigeminal ganglion.
- The 120-kDa soluble ectodomain of type XVII collagen is recognized by autoantibodies in patients with pemphigoid and linear IgA dermatosis.
- The ATXN1 and TRIM31 genes are related to intelligence in an ADHD background: evidence from a large collaborative study totaling 4,963 subjects.
- The Abl family kinases: mechanisms of regulation and signaling.
- The Aryl Hydrocarbon Receptor: A Mediator and Potential Therapeutic Target for Ocular and Non-Ocular Neurodegenerative Diseases.
- The Enigma of CRB1 and CRB1 Retinopathies.
- The GARP Domain of the Rod CNG Channel's β1-Subunit Contains Distinct Sites for Outer Segment Targeting and Connecting to the Photoreceptor Disk Rim.
- The NMDA receptor subunit GluN3A regulates synaptic activity-induced and myocyte enhancer factor 2C (MEF2C)-dependent transcription.
- The SNAP-25 gene may be associated with clinical response and weight gain in antipsychotic treatment of schizophrenia.
- The alpha-synuclein gene is not a major risk factor in familial Parkinson disease.
- The alterations in CNS serotonergic mechanisms caused by neonatal chlorpyrifos exposure are permanent.
- The amphiphysin-like protein 1 (ALP1) interacts functionally with the cABL tyrosine kinase and may play a role in cytoskeletal regulation.
- The carboxypeptidase E knockout mouse exhibits endocrinological and behavioral deficits.
- The channel kinase, TRPM7, is required for early embryonic development.
- The deubiquitinating enzyme ataxin-3, a polyglutamine disease protein, edits Lys63 linkages in mixed linkage ubiquitin chains.
- The effects of N(omega)-propyl-L-arginine on reperfusion injury of skeletal muscle.
- The exon junction complex component Magoh controls brain size by regulating neural stem cell division.
- The fruitless gene is required for the proper formation of axonal tracts in the embryonic central nervous system of Drosophila.
- The identification of a second actin-binding region in spinophilin/neurabin II.
- The interaction of RGSZ1 with SCG10 attenuates the ability of SCG10 to promote microtubule disassembly.
- The kinetics of microtubule assembly. Evidence for a two-stage nucleation mechanism.
- The netrin receptor DCC focuses invadopodia-driven basement membrane transmigration in vivo.
- The neurodegenerative disease protein ataxin-1 antagonizes the neuronal survival function of myocyte enhancer factor-2.
- The neuronal actin-binding proteins, neurabin I and neurabin II, recruit specific isoforms of protein phosphatase-1 catalytic subunits.
- The neuronatin gene resides in a "micro-imprinted" domain on human chromosome 20q11.2.
- The outer segment serves as a default destination for the trafficking of membrane proteins in photoreceptors.
- The potential repertoire of the innate immune system in the bladder: expression of pattern recognition receptors in the rat bladder and a rat urothelial cell line (MYP3 cells).
- The prospero transcription factor is asymmetrically localized to the cell cortex during neuroblast mitosis in Drosophila.
- The role of CD4-Lck in T-cell receptor antagonism: evidence for negative signaling.
- The role of alpha-synuclein in Parkinson's disease: insights from animal models.
- The role of protein synthesis in striatal long-term depression.
- The serotonin transporter gene-linked polymorphism and negative emotionality: placing single gene effects in the context of genetic background and environment.
- The tau N279K exon 10 splicing mutation recapitulates frontotemporal dementia and parkinsonism linked to chromosome 17 tauopathy in a mouse model.
- The type III TGFβ receptor regulates filopodia formation via a Cdc42-mediated IRSp53-N-WASP interaction in epithelial cells.
- The ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme (E2) Ube2w ubiquitinates the N terminus of substrates.
- The β4-Subunit of the Large-Conductance Potassium Ion Channel KCa1.1 Regulates Outflow Facility in Mice.
- Therapeutic approaches for shankopathies.
- Therapeutic implications of estrogen for cerebral vasospasm and delayed cerebral ischemia induced by aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage.
- Thermodynamic analysis of a hydrophobic binding site: probing the PDZ domain with nonproteinogenic peptide ligands.
- Thermodynamic characterization of the binding interaction between the histone demethylase LSD1/KDM1 and CoREST.
- Thermodynamic profiling of conformationally constrained cyclic ligands for the PDZ domain.
- Thousands of human mobile element fragments undergo strong purifying selection near developmental genes.
- Thymic microenvironment reconstitution after postnatal human thymus transplantation.
- Thyroid carcinoma in the McCune-Albright syndrome: contributory role of activating Gs alpha mutations.
- Transcription factor E2-2 is an essential and specific regulator of plasmacytoid dendritic cell development.
- Transcriptional Profiling of Somatostatin Interneurons in the Spinal Dorsal Horn.
- Transcriptional and functional profiles of voltage-gated Na(+) channels in injured and non-injured DRG neurons in the SNI model of neuropathic pain.
- Transplantation of full-thickness retina in the rhodopsin transgenic pig.
- Traumatic brain injury-induced neuronal damage in the somatosensory cortex causes formation of rod-shaped microglia that promote astrogliosis and persistent neuroinflammation.
- Trigeminal TRPs and the scent of pain.
- TrkB-Shc Signaling Protects against Hippocampal Injury Following Status Epilepticus.
- Two distinct genes encode small isoproteolipids affecting plasma membrane H(+)-ATPase activity of Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
- Two-stage genome-wide association study identifies a novel susceptibility locus associated with melanoma.
- UNC-6 (netrin) orients the invasive membrane of the anchor cell in C. elegans.
- UNC-6 (netrin) stabilizes oscillatory clustering of the UNC-40 (DCC) receptor to orient polarity
- Ube2w and ataxin-3 coordinately regulate the ubiquitin ligase CHIP.
- Ubiquitin fold modifier 1 (UFM1) and its target UFBP1 protect pancreatic beta cells from ER stress-induced apoptosis.
- Ubiquitination directly enhances activity of the deubiquitinating enzyme ataxin-3.
- Ubiquitination regulates the neuroprotective function of the deubiquitinase ataxin-3 in vivo.
- Uncoupling phototoxicity-elicited neural dysmorphology and death by insidious function and selective impairment of Ran-binding protein 2 (Ranbp2).
- Uncovering the genetic architecture of broad antisocial behavior through a genome-wide association study meta-analysis.
- Unmasking Proteolytic Activity for Adult Visual Cortex Plasticity by the Removal of Lynx1.
- Upregulation of the voltage-gated sodium channel beta2 subunit in neuropathic pain models: characterization of expression in injured and non-injured primary sensory neurons.
- Using human neural stem cells to model neurological disease.
- Validation of serum progesterone <35nmol/L as a predictor of miscarriage among women with threatened miscarriage.
- Variation in DISC1 affects hippocampal structure and function and increases risk for schizophrenia.
- Variation of human amygdala response during threatening stimuli as a function of 5'HTTLPR genotype and personality style.
- Vasa protein expression is restricted to the small micromeres of the sea urchin, but is inducible in other lineages early in development.
- Vesicle-associated membrane protein and synaptophysin are associated on the synaptic vesicle.
- [Serotonin transporter gene polymorphism and factors influencing mental and physical health in aging].
- alpha-Synuclein gene haplotypes are associated with Parkinson's disease.
- beta 1-adrenergic receptor association with PSD-95. Inhibition of receptor internalization and facilitation of beta 1-adrenergic receptor interaction with N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors.
- cAMP response element-binding protein 1 feedback loop is necessary for consolidation of long-term synaptic facilitation in Aplysia.
- cAMP-Response Element-Binding 3-Like Protein 1 (CREB3L1) is Required for Decidualization and its Expression is Decreased in Women with Endometriosis.
- miR-17-92 cluster targets phosphatase and tensin homology and Ikaros Family Zinc Finger 4 to promote TH17-mediated inflammation.
- βII-spectrin promotes mouse brain connectivity through stabilizing axonal plasma membranes and enabling axonal organelle transport.
- κ-Opioid receptors in the central amygdala regulate ethanol actions at presynaptic GABAergic sites.
Keywords of People
- Bennett, Vann, George Barth Geller Distinguished Professor of Molecular Biology, Duke Cancer Institute
- Berchuck, Andrew, James M. Ingram Distinguished Professor of Gynecologic Oncology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Gynecologic Oncology
- Calakos, Nicole, Lincoln Financial Group Distinguished Professor of Neurobiology, Duke Science & Society
- Erickson, Harold Paul, James B. Duke Distinguished Professor Emeritus, Cell Biology
- Hogan, Brigid L. M., Research Professor of Cell Biology, Cell Biology
- Laskowitz, Daniel Todd, Professor of Neurology, Duke Science & Society
- Lee, Walter T, Professor of Head and Neck Surgery & Communication Sciences, Radiation Oncology
- Liu, Yutao, Adjunct Assistant Professor in the Department of Medicine, Medicine, Medical Genetics
- McLendon, Roger Edwin, Professor of Pathology, Pathology
- Moorman, Patricia Gripka, Professor Emeritus in Family Medicine and Community Health, Duke Cancer Institute
- Patz Jr., Edward F., James and Alice Chen Distinguished Professor of Radiology, Pathology
- Pitt, Geoffrey Stuart, Adjunct Professor in the Department of Medicine, Medicine, Cardiology
- Shinohara, Mari L., Professor of Integrative Immunobiology, Cell Biology
- Soderling, Scott Haydn, George Barth Geller Distinguished Professor of Molecular Biology, Cell Biology