Subject Areas on Research
- A KINETIC INVESTIGATION OF THE INTERACTION OF ADENOSINE-5'-TRIPHOSPHATE WITH DIVALENT METAL IONS.
- A head-only exposure system for controlled exposures of small rodents.
- Alpha 2-macroglobulin binds CpG oligodeoxynucleotides and enhances their immunostimulatory properties by a receptor-dependent mechanism.
- Alpha-macroglobulin secreted by alveolar macrophages serves as a binding protein for a macrophage-derived homologue of platelet-derived growth factor.
- Apolipoprotein E and mimetic peptide initiate a calcium-dependent signaling response in macrophages.
- Assessment of metals in cosmetics commonly used in Saudi Arabia.
- Cell-cell interactions regulate skeleton formation in the sea urchin embryo.
- Characterization and structure of the manganese-responsive transcriptional regulator ScaR.
- Characterization of the DNA- and metal-binding properties of Vibrio anguillarum fur reveals conservation of a structural Zn(2+) ion.
- Chemical carcinogenesis and toxicity models: matching complexity to objectives.
- Clinical and angiographic efficacy of a self-expanding nitinol stent in saphenous vein graft atherosclerotic disease: the Stent Comparative Restenosis (SCORES) Saphenous Vein Graft Registry.
- Commitment along the dorsoventral axis of the sea urchin embryo is altered in response to NiCl2.
- Corrosion behavior of Au and Ag modified Cu-Ni-Mn alloys.
- DNA-protein cross-links induced by nickel compounds in intact cultured mammalian cells.
- Developmental exposure to organophosphates triggers transcriptional changes in genes associated with Parkinson's disease in vitro and in vivo.
- Developmental neurotoxicants target neurodifferentiation into the serotonin phenotype: Chlorpyrifos, diazinon, dieldrin and divalent nickel.
- Disparate developmental neurotoxicants converge on the cyclic AMP signaling cascade, revealed by transcriptional profiles in vitro and in vivo.
- Diverse neurotoxicants converge on gene expression for neuropeptides and their receptors in an in vitro model of neurodifferentiation: effects of chlorpyrifos, diazinon, dieldrin and divalent nickel in PC12 cells.
- Diverse neurotoxicants target the differentiation of embryonic neural stem cells into neuronal and glial phenotypes.
- Does mechanism matter? Unrelated neurotoxicants converge on cell cycle and apoptosis during neurodifferentiation.
- Dynamics of thin filopodia during sea urchin gastrulation.
- ELEMENTARY STEPS IN ENZYME REACTIONS (AS STUDIED BY RELAXATION SPECTROMETRY).
- Effect of nickel(II) on DNA-protein binding, thymidine incorporation, and sedimentation pattern of chromatin fractions from intact mammalian cells.
- Effects of nickel(II) on nuclear protein binding to DNA in intact mammalian cells.
- Exposure of cultured murine peritoneal macrophages to low concentrations of beryllium induces increases in intracellular calcium concentrations and stimulates DNA synthesis.
- Integrated fabrication and magnetic positioning of metallic and polymeric nanowires embedded in thin epoxy slabs.
- Investigation of copper-manganese-nickel alloys for dental purposes.
- Metal ion levels in maternal and placental blood after metal-on-metal total hip arthroplasty.
- Morphological and neoplastic transformation of C3H/10T1/2 Cl 8 mouse embryo cells by insoluble carcinogenic nickel compounds.
- Nickel inhibits binding of alpha2-macroglobulin-methylamine to the low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein/alpha2-macroglobulin receptor but not the alpha2-macroglobulin signaling receptor.
- Oxidative and excitatory mechanisms of developmental neurotoxicity: transcriptional profiles for chlorpyrifos, diazinon, dieldrin, and divalent nickel in PC12 cells.
- Periumbilical contact dermatitis.
- Pharmacokinetic modeling of the lung burden from repeated inhalation of nickel aerosols.
- Physicochemical characteristics and biological effects of nickel oxides.
- Preferential DNA-protein cross-linking by NiCl2 in magnesium-insoluble regions of fractionated Chinese hamster ovary cell chromatin.
- Protein kinase C is a target for diverse developmental neurotoxicants: transcriptional responses to chlorpyrifos, diazinon, dieldrin and divalent nickel in PC12 cells.
- Pseudoelastic intramedullary nailing for tibio-talo-calcaneal arthrodesis.
- Pulmonary toxicity after exposure to military-relevant heavy metal tungsten alloy particles.
- Relaxation spectra of pyruvate kinase.
- Screening for developmental neurotoxicity using PC12 cells: comparisons of organophosphates with a carbamate, an organochlorine, and divalent nickel.
- Structure and thermomechanical behavior of NiTiPt shape memory alloy wires.
- Synthesis of oxidation-resistant cupronickel nanowires for transparent conducting nanowire networks.
- Systemic hypersensitivity reaction to endovascular stainless steel stent.
- Tensile deformation of NiTi wires.
- The accumulation of nickel in human lungs.
- The interaction of biological and noxious transition metals with the zinc probes FluoZin-3 and Newport Green.
- The role of soluble components in ambient fine particles-induced changes in human lungs and blood.
- Transcriptional profiles reveal similarities and differences in the effects of developmental neurotoxicants on differentiation into neurotransmitter phenotypes in PC12 cells.
- Transformation of rat tracheal epithelial cells to immortal growth variants by particulate and soluble nickel compounds.
- Unrelated developmental neurotoxicants elicit similar transcriptional profiles for effects on neurotrophic factors and their receptors in an in vitro model.
- VIAF, a conserved inhibitor of apoptosis (IAP)-interacting factor that modulates caspase activation.