Subject Areas on Research
- 2019 American College of Rheumatology/Arthritis Foundation Guideline for the Screening, Monitoring, and Treatment of Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis-Associated Uveitis.
- 20th annual Frank Costenbader Lecture--adult strabismus.
- 8 Questions with Dr. Moshfeghi.
- 8 Questions with Dr. Moshfeghi.
- A Framework for Automating Psychiatric Distress Screening in Ophthalmology Clinics Using an EHR-Derived AI Algorithm.
- A comparison of self-reported utilization of ophthalmic care for diabetes in managed care versus fee-for-service.
- A critical appraisal and comparison of the quality and recommendations of glaucoma clinical practice guidelines.
- A glass micropipette holder for ophthalmic surgical procedures.
- A modeled economic analysis of a digital tele-ophthalmology system as used by three federal health care agencies for detecting proliferative diabetic retinopathy.
- A new method for rapid mapping of the retinal thickness at the posterior pole.
- A new phase in the study of human inherited eye diseases.
- A novel method for teaching key steps of strabismus surgery in the wet lab.
- A panel assessment of glaucoma management: modification of existing RAND-like methodology for consensus in ophthalmology. Part I: Methodology and design.
- A quality assurance program for an inpatient department of ophthalmology. 'Indicators and criteria'.
- A tribute to Robert Machemer, MD, on the occasion of his retirement.
- Access to care: eye care provider workforce considerations in 2020.
- Access to eye care: response of the American Academy of Ophthalmology and its members to societal needs now and in the future.
- Access to ophthalmologic care in Thailand: a regional analysis.
- Accessibility to and Quality of Human Eye Tissue for Research: A Cross-Sectional Survey of ARVO Members.
- Accuracy of diabetic retinopathy screening by trained non-physician graders using non-mydriatic fundus camera.
- Acute-onset floaters and flashes: is this patient at risk for retinal detachment?
- Adult ophthalmology inpatient consults at a tertiary care teaching hospital.
- Agreement among pediatric ophthalmologists in diagnosing plus and pre-plus disease in retinopathy of prematurity.
- American Glaucoma Society Position Statement on Cannabinoid Use in Pediatric Glaucoma Patients.
- An eye center-wide burnout intervention: resilience program and burnout survey.
- An illuminated cannula for subretinal operations.
- Applicant Characteristics Associated with Retina Fellowship Match from 2010-2019.
- Application of the Sight Outcomes Research Collaborative Ophthalmology Data Repository for Triaging Patients With Glaucoma and Clinic Appointments During Pandemics Such as COVID-19.
- Artificial intelligence and deep learning in ophthalmology.
- Artificial intelligence for teleophthalmology-based diabetic retinopathy screening in a national programme: an economic analysis modelling study.
- Assessing quality and utilization patterns in health care delivery systems.
- Assessing the Effect of Personalized Diabetes Risk Assessments During Ophthalmologic Visits on Glycemic Control: A Randomized Clinical Trial.
- Assessment of relative importance of tablet computer features in supporting direct electronic documentation of encounters by eye care professionals.
- Autologous Serum-Based Eye Drops for Treatment of Ocular Surface Disease: A Report by the American Academy of Ophthalmology.
- Autologous serum and plasma rich in growth factors in ophthalmology: preclinical and clinical studies.
- Automated Identification of Referable Retinal Pathology in Teleophthalmology Setting.
- Automated fluid-gas exchange.
- Baseline characteristics, the 25-Item National Eye Institute Visual Functioning Questionnaire, and their associations in the Complications of Age-Related Macular Degeneration Prevention Trial (CAPT).
- Botulinum toxin in ophthalmology.
- Building a Culture of Safety in Ophthalmology.
- CORRELATION OF GENE EXPRESSION PROFILE STATUS AND AMERICAN JOINT COMMISSION ON CANCER STAGE IN UVEAL MELANOMA.
- Can an inexperienced observer accurately plot disc contours using Heidelberg retinal Tomograph?
- Cell Line Authentication in Vision Research and Beyond: A Tale Retold.
- Changing concepts in management of circumscribed choroidal hemangioma: the 2003 J. Howard Stokes Lecture, Part 1.
- Changing trends of blindness: the initial harvest from translational public health and clinical research in ophthalmology.
- Characteristics of eye care practices with managed care contracts.
- Characteristics of low-vision rehabilitation services in the United States.
- Choosing Core Outcomes for Use in Clinical Trials in Ophthalmology: Perspectives from Three Ophthalmology Outcomes Working Groups.
- Clinicians agreement in establishing glaucomatous progression using the Heidelberg retina tomograph.
- Community care of corneal ulcers.
- Competency checklists for strabismus surgery and retinopathy of prematurity examination.
- Conformance with the preferred practice pattern for diabetic eye care.
- Corneal Hysteresis for the Diagnosis of Glaucoma and Assessment of Progression Risk: A Report by the American Academy of Ophthalmology.
- Creation and use of a survey instrument for comparing mobile computing devices.
- David L. Epstein, MD, MMM (1944-2014).
- Decade-Long Profile of Imaging Biomarker Use in Ophthalmic Clinical Trials.
- Deep learning in ophthalmology: The technical and clinical considerations.
- Demographic characteristics of patients requiring full-thickness skin grafts for cicatricial ectropion at Duke Eye Center from 2000 to 2010.
- Descemet Membrane Endothelial Keratoplasty: Safety and Outcomes: A Report by the American Academy of Ophthalmology.
- Development of a quality improvement program in a department of ophthalmology.
- Development of the 25-item National Eye Institute Visual Function Questionnaire.
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Acute Retinal Necrosis: A Report by the American Academy of Ophthalmology.
- Direct comparison of a tablet computer and a personal digital assistant for point-of-care documentation in eye care.
- Do findings on routine examination identify patients at risk for primary open-angle glaucoma? The rational clinical examination systematic review.
- Do we understand the effects of 'managed care' in ophthalmology? A review and analysis.
- Documentation of conformance to preferred practice patterns in caring for patients with dry eye.
- Dr Robert Loh Choo Kiat, JP, BBM, PJG (1925 - 2017).
- Economic analysis in eye disease.
- Effect of surgical case order on cataract surgery complication rates and procedure time.
- Effectiveness of an innovative and comprehensive eye care model for individuals in residential care facilities: results of the residential ocular care (ROC) multicentred randomised controlled trial.
- Establishing a Regional Glaucoma Physician Collaborative to Improve Quality of Care.
- Estimating eye care workforce supply and requirements.
- Evaluating quality of care in the new health care environment.
- Evaluation of Diabetic Retinal Screening and Factors for Ophthalmology Referral in a Telemedicine Network.
- Evaluation of Screening for Retinopathy of Prematurity by ROPtool or a Lay Reader.
- Evaluation of minimum clinically meaningful changes in scores on the National Eye Institute Visual Function Questionnaire (NEI-VFQ) SST Report Number 19.
- Evaluation of pediatric ophthalmologists' perspectives of artificial intelligence in ophthalmology.
- Evidence in Ophthalmology: Are We Doing Better?
- Evolving practice patterns in treatment of major retinal diseases in Singapore.
- Eye Care Professionals' Perspectives on Eye Donation and an Eye Donation Registry for Research: A Single-Institution, Cross-Sectional Study.
- Eye care in the United States: do we deliver to high-risk people who can benefit most from it?
- Eye care providers' attitudes towards tele-ophthalmology.
- Facilitated Versus Self-guided Training of Non-ophthalmologists for Grading Pre-plus and Plus Disease Using Fundus Images for Retinopathy of Prematurity Screening.
- Forming a Consensus: Data and Guidance for Physicians Treating Diabetic Macular Edema.
- From Data to Deployment: The Collaborative Community on Ophthalmic Imaging Roadmap for Artificial Intelligence in Age-Related Macular Degeneration.
- Future requirements for and supply of ophthalmologists for an aging population in Singapore.
- Glaucoma Progression Analysis software compared with expert consensus opinion in the detection of visual field progression in glaucoma.
- Glaucoma Surgery and Lasers Should Be Performed by Surgeons.
- Glaucoma care and conformance with preferred practice patterns. Examination of the private, community-based ophthalmologist.
- Glaucomatous optic neuropathy evaluation project: a standardized internet system for assessing skills in optic disc examination.
- Global rates of glaucoma surgery.
- Glove perforations in ophthalmic surgery.
- Glove perforations in ophthalmic surgery.
- HEREDITARY RETINOSCHISIS WITH RETINAL DETACHMENT.
- Health insurance coverage and use of eye care services.
- Health literacy and ophthalmic patient education.
- Health services research and how it can inform the current state of ophthalmology.
- High-risk populations for vision loss and eye care underutilization: a review of the literature and ideas on moving forward.
- How good are measures of physician quality of care?
- IDENTIFICATION OF FLUID ON OPTICAL COHERENCE TOMOGRAPHY BY TREATING OPHTHALMOLOGISTS VERSUS A READING CENTER IN THE COMPARISON OF AGE-RELATED MACULAR DEGENERATION TREATMENTS TRIALS.
- Identifying and overcoming obstacles to point-of-care data collection for eye care professionals.
- Identifying the content area for the 51-item National Eye Institute Visual Function Questionnaire: results from focus groups with visually impaired persons.
- Impact of Artificial Intelligence on Medical Education in Ophthalmology.
- Impact of Microscope-Integrated OCT on Ophthalmology Resident Performance of Anterior Segment Surgical Maneuvers in Model Eyes.
- Impact of geographic density of eye care professionals on eye care among adults with diabetes.
- Impact of the revised american academy of ophthalmology guidelines regarding hydroxychloroquine screening on actual practice.
- Improving eye care in residential aged care facilities using the Residential Ocular Care (ROC) model: study protocol for a multicentered, prospective, customized, and cluster randomized controlled trial in Australia.
- Inpatient Ophthalmology Consultations.
- Insights Into Eye Care Practice During COVID-19.
- Internal trans-pars plana filtering procedure in humans.
- Into the looking glass: factors and opportunities to reshape eye care in the next 25 years.
- Intraocular Lens Implantation in the Absence of Zonular Support: An Outcomes and Safety Update: A Report by the American Academy of Ophthalmology.
- Intraocular lens implantation during infancy: perceptions of parents and the American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus members.
- Intravitreal Pharmacotherapies for Diabetic Macular Edema: A Report by the American Academy of Ophthalmology.
- Introducing Kirill A. Martemyanov, the 2014 recipient of the Cogan Award.
- Introduction to Gedenkschrift for David L. Epstein, MD.
- Is informed consent needed for fluorescein angiography?
- Learning From the 2021 Ophthalmology Match: Virtual Residency Matching During the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Lighting a Pathway: The Minority Ophthalmology Mentoring Program.
- Literacy levels of ophthalmic patient education materials.
- Making quality important.
- Mapping standard ophthalmic outcome sets to metrics currently reported in eight eye hospitals.
- Measurement of ocular torsion after macular translocation: disc fovea angle and Maddox rod.
- Measuring the benefit and value of services.
- Medical Malpractice Lawsuits Involving Ophthalmology Trainees.
- Medicare costs for neovascular age-related macular degeneration, 1994-2007.
- Meeting report of the American Ophthalmological Society, 131st year annual meeting, Hot Springs, Va, May 21-24, 1995.
- Methods, statistical features, and baseline results of a standardized, multicentered ophthalmologic surgical trial: the Silicone Study.
- Modern cataract surgery: unfinished business and unanswered questions. Foreword.
- Moving forward in ocular pharmacology.
- New classification system for pediatric glaucoma: implications for clinical care and a research registry.
- OCT Angiography for the Diagnosis of Glaucoma: A Report by the American Academy of Ophthalmology.
- ORBIS telemedicine users.
- Ophthalmologist-patient communication, self-efficacy, and glaucoma medication adherence.
- Outcomes in resident-performed cataract surgeries with iris challenges: Results from the Perioperative Care for Intraocular Lens study.
- Overcoming obstacles to collecting narrative data from eye care professionals at the point-of-care.
- Panoramic imaging of the ocular fundus.
- Parents' expectations regarding their children's eye care: interview results.
- Patient expectations for medical and surgical care: a review of the literature and applications to ophthalmology.
- Patient expectations regarding eye care: development and results of the Eye Care Expectations Survey (ECES).
- Patient expectations regarding eye care: focus group results.
- Patterns of care for open-angle glaucoma in managed care.
- Philadelphia Telemedicine Glaucoma Detection and Follow-up Study: Analysis of Unreadable Fundus Images.
- Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners in Ophthalmology-Has the Time Come?
- Poor metabolic and blood pressure control in patients with diabetic retinopathy attending a tertiary ophthalmic hospital in Australia.
- Potential Impact of COVID-19 Disruptions on the Next Generation of Vision Scientists.
- Practice characteristics and HMO enrollee satisfaction with specialty care: an analysis of patients with glaucoma and diabetic retinopathy.
- Preparation and study of human eyes obtained postmortem with the Miyake posterior photographic technique.
- Primary Angle Closure Preferred Practice Pattern(®) Guidelines.
- Primary Angle-Closure Disease Preferred Practice Pattern®.
- Primary Open-Angle Glaucoma Preferred Practice Pattern(®) Guidelines.
- Primary Open-Angle Glaucoma Preferred Practice Pattern®.
- Primary Open-Angle Glaucoma Suspect Preferred Practice Pattern(®) Guidelines.
- Primary Open-Angle Glaucoma Suspect Preferred Practice Pattern®.
- Psychometric properties of the National Eye Institute Visual Function Questionnaire (NEI-VFQ). NEI-VFQ Field Test Investigators.
- Qualitative analysis of Web-based refractive surgery information sessions.
- Quantifying the educational benefit of additional cataract surgery cases in ophthalmology residency.
- Rates of glaucoma medication utilization among older adults with suspected glaucoma, 1992 to 2002.
- Rates of glaucoma medication utilization among persons with primary open-angle glaucoma, 1992 to 2002.
- Re: Fairless et al.: Ophthalmology departments remain among the least diverse clinical departments at United States medical schools (Ophthalmology. 2021;128:1129-1134).
- Resident compliance with the american academy of ophthalmology preferred practice pattern guidelines for primary open-angle glaucoma.
- Resident physician mentoring program in ophthalmology: the Tennessee experience.
- Responsiveness of the National Eye Institute Visual Function Questionnaire to changes in visual acuity: findings in patients with subfoveal choroidal neovascularization--SST Report No. 1.
- Results of penetrating keratoplasty by residents.
- Rethinking the Hydroxychloroquine Dosing and Retinopathy Screening Guidelines.
- Retinal phototoxicity from the operating microscope. The role of inspired oxygen.
- Retinopathy of prematurity care: patterns of care and workforce analysis.
- Review of Ophthalmology Medical Professional Liability Claims in the United States from 2006 through 2015.
- Scientific Losses and Gains During the COVID-19 Shutdown.
- Screening examination of premature infants for retinopathy of prematurity.
- Screening for Diabetic Retinopathy Using a Portable, Noncontact, Nonmydriatic Handheld Retinal Camera.
- Screening for retinopathy in the pediatric patient with type 1 diabetes mellitus. American Academy of Pediatrics. Sections on Endocrinology and Ophthalmology.
- Significance of minor eye signs in headache of migraine type.
- Single-Blind and Double-Blind Peer Review: Effects on National Representation.
- Socioeconomic disparity in use of eye care services among US adults with age-related eye diseases: National Health Interview Survey, 2002 and 2008.
- State responses to the malpractice insurance "crisis" of the 1970s: an empirical assessment.
- Stevens-Johnson Syndrome/Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis--A Comprehensive Review and Guide to Therapy. I. Systemic Disease.
- Subfoveal fluid in healthy full-term newborns observed by handheld spectral-domain optical coherence tomography.
- Subspecialties in ophthalmology.
- Subspecialty distributions of ophthalmologists in the workforce.
- Supervision and autonomy of ophthalmology residents in the outpatient clinic in the United States II: a survey of senior residents.
- Survey of glaucoma in an eye clinic in Ghana, West Africa.
- Symptoms of musculoskeletal disorders in ophthalmologists.
- Systematic analysis of levels of evidence supporting American Academy of Ophthalmology Preferred Practice Pattern guidelines, 2012-2021.
- Teaching Clinical Ophthalmology: Medical Student Feedback on Team Case-Based Versus Lecture Format.
- Techniques for improving ophthalmic studies performed on administrative databases.
- Technological advances in pediatric eye care.
- Teleophthalmic Approach for Detection of Corneal Diseases: Accuracy and Reliability.
- Teleophthalmology: Evaluation of Phone-based Visual Acuity in a Pediatric Population.
- The "T" in JOPT.
- The "demise" of diagnostic and research ocular pathology: temporary or forever?
- The Burden of Caring for and Treating Glaucoma: The Patient Perspective.
- The Ocular Hypertension Treatment Study: reproducibility of cup/disk ratio measurements over time at an optic disc reading center.
- The SERI-ARVO Meeting and future challenges of ophthalmic research in Asia.
- The current status of laser usage in ophthalmology.
- The effect of nonmodifiable physician demographics on Press Ganey patient satisfaction scores in ophthalmology.
- The effect of the surgeon and the laser wavelength on the response to focal photocoagulation for diabetic macular edema.
- The effects of California Proposition 187 on ophthalmology clinic utilization at an inner-city urban hospital.
- The efficacy of a multimedia educational campaign to increase the use of eye care services.
- The first 180 days.
- The flipped-classroom approach to teaching horizontal strabismus in ophthalmology residency: a multicentered randomized controlled study.
- The flipped-classroom approach to teaching horizontal strabismus in ophthalmology residency: a pilot study.
- The importance of "quality of care".
- The nonapproved use of medications.
- The ophthalmic practice of the future.
- The ophthalmologist of the future.
- The potential role of ophthalmology as an entry point to the healthcare system.
- The role of vitrectomy instrumentation in the treatment of severe traumatic hyphema.
- The year 2000: placing new technology in context.
- Therapies for Macular Edema Associated with Branch Retinal Vein Occlusion: A Report by the American Academy of Ophthalmology.
- Thirty years of JOPT.
- Three-dimensional nature of retinal nerve fiber layer defects.
- Understanding the American Academy of Ophthalmology's preferred practice pattern for cataract.
- Understanding the new primary open-angle glaucoma preferred practice pattern.
- Use of a standardized patient satisfaction questionnaire to assess the quality of care provided by ophthalmology residents.
- Use of eye care services among the 1991 Medicare population.
- Use of health care claims data to study patients with ophthalmologic conditions.
- Use of statistical analyses in the ophthalmic literature.
- Validated System for Centralized Grading of Retinopathy of Prematurity: Telemedicine Approaches to Evaluating Acute-Phase Retinopathy of Prematurity (e-ROP) Study.
- Visual Acuity Assessment and Vision Screening Using a Novel Smartphone Application.
- Waste in the US Health Care System-Insights for Vision Health.
- What is an orthoptist?
- When ophthalmology goes virtual amid a pandemic: content analysis of the 2020 #ASCRSVirtualMeeting.
- Work time estimates for ophthalmic diagnoses and procedures. Results from the Eye Care Workforce Study.
Keywords of People
- Mruthyunjaya, Prithvi, Adjunct Associate Professor in the Department of Ophthalmology, Ophthalmology, Vitreoretinal Diseases & Surgery
- Perez, Victor, Stephen and Frances Foster Distinguished Professor of Ocular Immunology and Inflammation, Ophthalmology, Corneal Diseases
- Song, Irene, Affiliate, Ophthalmology
- Stinnett, Sandra Sue, Associate Professor of Biostatistics & Bioinformatics, Biostatistics & Bioinformatics
- Wen, Joanne Chia-Ho, Associate Professor of Ophthalmology, Ophthalmology, Glaucoma
- Williams, Lloyd, Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology, Ophthalmology, Corneal Diseases