Subject Areas on Research
- Analysis of volatile free fatty acids in human urine by capillary column gas chromatography/mass spectrometry.
- Application of continuous-flow liquid chromatography/fast-atom bombardment mass spectrometry to the analysis of diagnostic acylcarnitines in human urine.
- Genetic elucidation of human hyperosmia to isovaleric acid.
- High concentrations of isovaleric acid in the fats of odontocetes: variation and patterns of accumulation in blubber vs. stability in the melon.
- Interrelations between C4 ketogenesis, C5 ketogenesis, and anaplerosis in the perfused rat liver.
- Intravenous L-carnitine and acetyl-L-carnitine in medium-chain acyl-coenzyme A dehydrogenase deficiency and isovaleric acidemia.
- L-carnitine therapy in isovaleric acidemia.
- Metabolism of levulinate in perfused rat livers and live rats: conversion to the drug of abuse 4-hydroxypentanoate.