Subject Areas on Research
- Biochemical and behavioral evaluation of pergolide as a dopamine agonist in the rat brain.
- Chronic levodopa or pergolide administration induces down-regulation of dopamine receptors in denervated striatum.
- PI3 kinase is involved in cocaine behavioral sensitization and its reversal with brain area specificity.
- Pergolide interactions with nicotine and pilocarpine in rats on the radial-arm maze.
- Reduction in methamphetamine induced sensitization and reinstatement after combined pergolide plus ondansetron treatment during withdrawal.
- Reversal of cocaine sensitization-induced behavioral sensitization normalizes GAD67 and GABAA receptor alpha2 subunit expression, and PKC zeta activity.
- Reversal of cocaine-induced behavioral sensitization and associated phosphorylation of the NR2B and GluR1 subunits of the NMDA and AMPA receptors.
- Reversal of long-term methamphetamine sensitization by combination of pergolide with ondansetron or ketanserin, but not mirtazapine.