Subject Areas on Research
- A taxing environment: evaluating the multiple objectives of environmental taxes.
- Accuracy of methods for reporting inorganic element concentrations and radioactivity in oil and gas wastewaters from the Appalachian Basin, U.S. based on an inter-laboratory comparison.
- Alterations of endophytic microbial community function in Spartina alterniflora as a result of crude oil exposure.
- Assessment of the phototoxicity of weathered Alaska North Slope crude oil to juvenile pink salmon.
- Degradation and resilience in Louisiana salt marshes after the BP-Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
- Embryonic exposure to benzo[a]pyrene causes age-dependent behavioral alterations and long-term metabolic dysfunction in zebrafish.
- Hydrocarbon emissions and health risks from cookstoves in developing countries.
- Iodide, bromide, and ammonium in hydraulic fracturing and oil and gas wastewaters: environmental implications.
- Natural Gas Residual Fluids: Sources, Endpoints, and Organic Chemical Composition after Centralized Waste Treatment in Pennsylvania.
- Oil and gas projects in the Western Amazon: threats to wilderness, biodiversity, and indigenous peoples.
- Proportionate mortality among union members employed at three Texas refineries.
- Pulmonary function of rats exposed to ethanol and gasoline fumes.
- Rapid degradation of Deepwater Horizon spilled oil by indigenous microbial communities in Louisiana saltmarsh sediments.
- Speciation of Mercury in Selected Areas of the Petroleum Value Chain.
Keywords of People
- Dement, John McCray, Professor Emeritus in Family Medicine and Community Health, Family Medicine & Community Health,Occupational & Environmental Medicine
- Newell, Richard G., Adjunct Professor, Environmental Sciences and Policy
- Wray, Gregory Allan, Professor of Biology, Evolutionary Anthropology