Subject Areas on Research
- A Fluorometric Method of Measuring Carboxypeptidase Activities for Angiotensin II and Apelin-13.
- A comparison of 2H2O and phenylalanine flooding dose to investigate muscle protein synthesis with acute exercise in rats.
- A continuous fluorometric assay for the feline immunodeficiency virus protease.
- A single amino acid change in the para sodium channel protein is associated with knockdown-resistance (kdr) to pyrethroid insecticides in German cockroach.
- A single phenylalanine residue in β-arrestin2 critically regulates its binding to G protein-coupled receptors.
- A sodium channel mutation identified in Aedes aegypti selectively reduces cockroach sodium channel sensitivity to type I, but not type II pyrethroids.
- A surface of Escherichia coli sigma 70 required for promoter function and antitermination by phage lambda Q protein.
- Abl tyrosine kinase regulates endocytosis of the epidermal growth factor receptor.
- Activation of phenylalanine hydroxylase by phenylalanine.
- Active Targeting of Cancer Cells by Nanobody Decorated Polypeptide Micelle with Bio-orthogonally Conjugated Drug.
- Amino acid-based Poly(ester urea) copolymer films for hernia-repair applications.
- An alternative and expedient synthesis of radioiodinated 4-iodophenylalanine.
- An important role of a pyrethroid-sensing residue F1519 in the action of the N-alkylamide insecticide BTG 502 on the cockroach sodium channel.
- An inner activation gate controls TMEM16F phospholipid scrambling.
- BCR-ABL-induced oncogenesis is mediated by direct interaction with the SH2 domain of the GRB-2 adaptor protein.
- Behavioural features of alcohol-preferring rats: focus on inbred strains.
- CX3CR1 tyrosine sulfation enhances fractalkine-induced cell adhesion.
- Control of liver and brain aromatic amino-acid metabolism by phenylalanine hydroxylase.
- DeSiphering receptor core-induced and ligand-dependent conformational changes in arrestin via genetic encoded trimethylsilyl 1H-NMR probe.
- Design, Synthesis, and Mechanism Study of Benzenesulfonamide-Containing Phenylalanine Derivatives as Novel HIV-1 Capsid Inhibitors with Improved Antiviral Activities.
- Design, synthesis and structure-activity relationships of 4-phenyl-1H-1,2,3-triazole phenylalanine derivatives as novel HIV-1 capsid inhibitors with promising antiviral activities.
- Design, synthesis, and antiviral activity of phenylalanine derivatives as HIV-1 capsid inhibitors.
- Dietary manipulation of serotonergic and dopaminergic function in C57BL/6J mice with amino acid depletion mixtures.
- Differential roles of RIPK1 and RIPK3 in TNF-induced necroptosis and chemotherapeutic agent-induced cell death.
- Dihydrophenylalanine: a prephenate-derived Photorhabdus luminescens antibiotic and intermediate in dihydrostilbene biosynthesis.
- Discovery of phenylalanine derivatives as potent HIV-1 capsid inhibitors from click chemistry-based compound library.
- Effect of ibuprofen and acetaminophen on postexercise muscle protein synthesis.
- Effects of changes in potassium with valsartan use on diabetes risk: Nateglinide and Valsartan in Impaired Glucose Tolerance Outcomes Research (NAVIGATOR) trial.
- Elevated plasma phenylalanine in severe malaria and implications for pathophysiology of neurological complications.
- Enhanced osteogenic activity of poly(ester urea) scaffolds using facile post-3D printing peptide functionalization strategies.
- Estrogen-induced changes in translation, and specific messenger RNA levels during oviduct differentiation.
- Extensive hydrolysis of N-formyl-L-methionyl-L-leucyl-L-[3H] phenylalanine by human polymorphonuclear leukocytes. A potential mechanism for modulation of the chemoattractant signal.
- Hydrophobic residues Phe751 and Leu753 are essential for STAT5 transcriptional activity.
- Identification of amino acid residues in the insect sodium channel critical for pyrethroid binding.
- Impact of baseline physical activity and diet behavior on metabolic syndrome in a pharmaceutical trial: results from NAVIGATOR.
- Incidence of atrial fibrillation in a population with impaired glucose tolerance: the contribution of glucose metabolism and other risk factors. A post hoc analysis of the Nateglinide and Valsartan in Impaired Glucose Tolerance Outcomes Research trial.
- Inhibition of the gut enzyme intestinal alkaline phosphatase may explain how aspartame promotes glucose intolerance and obesity in mice.
- Inhibitors of metalloendoprotease activity prevent K+-stimulated neurotransmitter release from the retina of Xenopus laevis.
- International Variation in Outcomes Among People with Cardiovascular Disease or Cardiovascular Risk Factors and Impaired Glucose Tolerance: Insights from the NAVIGATOR Trial.
- Intestinal alkaline phosphatase promotes gut bacterial growth by reducing the concentration of luminal nucleotide triphosphates.
- Lifitegrast, a Novel Integrin Antagonist for Treatment of Dry Eye Disease.
- Long-chain omega-3 fatty acids regulate bovine whole-body protein metabolism by promoting muscle insulin signalling to the Akt-mTOR-S6K1 pathway and insulin sensitivity.
- Maternal BMI and Glycemia Impact the Fetal Metabolome.
- Meibomian gland dysfunction is suppressed via selective inhibition of immune responses by topical LFA-1/ICAM antagonism with lifitegrast in the allergic eye disease (AED) model.
- Molybdopterin synthase mutations in a mild case of molybdenum cofactor deficiency.
- N-terminal tyrosine modulation of the endocytic adaptor function of the beta-arrestins.
- OGP functionalized phenylalanine-based poly(ester urea) for enhancing osteoinductive potential of human mesenchymal stem cells.
- Phenylalanine 30 plays an important role in receptor binding of verotoxin-1.
- Phenylalanine hydroxylase activity in mammalian cells.
- Phenylalanine hydroxylase in dilute lethal mice.
- Phenylalanine-stimulated secretion of cholecystokinin is calcium dependent.
- Physical activity as a determinant of fasting and 2-h post-challenge glucose: a prospective cohort analysis of the NAVIGATOR trial.
- Predictors of incident heart failure hospitalizations among patients with impaired glucose tolerance: insight from the Nateglinide And Valsartan in Impaired Glucose Tolerance Outcomes Research study.
- Predictors of stroke in patients with impaired glucose tolerance: results from the Nateglinide and Valsartan in Impaired Glucose Tolerance Outcomes Research trial.
- Prospective relationships between body weight and physical activity: an observational analysis from the NAVIGATOR study.
- Protein biosynthesis in the testis. V. Concerning the mechanism of stimulation by follicle-stimulating hormone.
- Protein kinase B controls transcriptional programs that direct cytotoxic T cell fate but is dispensable for T cell metabolism.
- Radiopaque, iodine functionalized, phenylalanine-based poly(ester urea)s.
- Rapid diagnosis of maple syrup urine disease in blood spots from newborns by tandem mass spectrometry.
- Rapid diagnosis of phenylketonuria by quantitative analysis for phenylalanine and tyrosine in neonatal blood spots by tandem mass spectrometry.
- Regulation of cholecystokinin secretion by calcium-dependent calmodulin kinase II: differential effects of phenylalanine and cAMP.
- Role of diuretics, β blockers, and statins in increasing the risk of diabetes in patients with impaired glucose tolerance: reanalysis of data from the NAVIGATOR study.
- Role of residue 147 in the gene regulatory function of the Escherichia coli purine repressor.
- Role of the sixth transmembrane segment of domain IV of the cockroach sodium channel in the action of sodium channel blocker insecticides.
- Skeletal muscle protein synthesis and the abundance of the mRNA translation initiation repressor PDCD4 are inversely regulated by fasting and refeeding in rats.
- Slow sodium channel inactivation and use-dependent block modulated by the same domain IV S6 residue.
- Solriamfetol for the Treatment of Excessive Sleepiness in OSA: A Placebo-Controlled Randomized Withdrawal Study.
- Solriamfetol treatment of excessive daytime sleepiness in participants with narcolepsy or obstructive sleep apnea with a history of depression.
- Stimulation of cell-free polypeptide synthesis by a protein fraction extracted from chick oviduct polyribosomes.
- Stimulation of neutrophil oxidative metabolism by chemotactic peptides: influence of calcium ion concentration and cytochalasin B and comparison with stimulation by phorbol myristate acetate.
- Structure of the Z Ring-associated Protein, ZapD, Bound to the C-terminal Domain of the Tubulin-like Protein, FtsZ, Suggests Mechanism of Z Ring Stabilization through FtsZ Cross-linking.
- The Immunological Basis of Dry Eye Disease and Current Topical Treatment Options.
- The role of inactivation in open-channel block of the sodium channel: studies with inactivation-deficient mutant channels.
- The tandem mass spectrometry newborn screening experience in North Carolina: 1997-2005.
- Tryptophan degradation is associated with risk-taking propensity in methamphetamine users with treated HIV infection.
- Variable presentation of nemaline myopathy: novel mutation of alpha actin gene.
- Venous thromboembolism and cardiovascular risk: results from the NAVIGATOR trial.
Keywords of People
- Starmer, Charles Franklin, Professor Emeritus of Computer Science, Computer Science