Subject Areas on Research
- A 2-year follow-up of social phobia. Status after a brief medication trial.
- A cognitive model of anxiety formation and anxiety resolution.
- A contextual approach to experiential avoidance and social anxiety: evidence from an experimental interaction and daily interactions of people with social anxiety disorder.
- A model of the development and maintenance of generalized social phobia.
- A repeat proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy study in social phobia.
- An examination of the relationship between behavioral approach system (BAS) sensitivity and social interaction anxiety.
- Analysis of shortened versions of the tampa scale for kinesiophobia and pain catastrophizing scale for patients after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction.
- Anxiety Disorders in Caucasian and African American Children: A Comparison of Clinical Characteristics, Treatment Process Variables, and Treatment Outcomes.
- Anxiety in middle adulthood: effects of age and time on the 14-year course of panic disorder, social phobia and generalized anxiety disorder.
- Association between amygdala reactivity and a dopamine transporter gene polymorphism.
- Attention bias toward threat in pediatric anxiety disorders.
- Belief in life after death and mental health: findings from a national survey.
- Benefits of child-focused anxiety treatments for parents and family functioning.
- Biological characterization of social phobia.
- Botulinum toxin treatment of social anxiety disorder with hyperhidrosis: a placebo-controlled double-blind trial.
- Brain fluoxetine measurements using fluorine magnetic resonance spectroscopy in patients with social phobia.
- Child/Adolescent anxiety multimodal study: evaluating safety.
- Clinical characteristics of anxiety disordered youth.
- Comparison of lifetime psychiatric diagnoses in Premenstrual Syndrome Clinic and community samples.
- Consensus statement on social anxiety disorder from the International Consensus Group on Depression and Anxiety.
- Defining an appropriate management strategy for social anxiety disorder.
- Demographics, treatment seeking, and diagnoses of anxiety support group participants.
- Developing a framework to describe stigma related to cervical cancer and HPV in western Kenya.
- Diagnostic specificity and nonspecificity in the dimensions of preschool psychopathology.
- Differential response to placebo among patients with social phobia, panic disorder, and obsessive-compulsive disorder.
- Discontinuation of clonazepam in the treatment of social phobia.
- Does a coexisting anxiety disorder predict persistence of depressive illness in primary care patients with major depression?
- Easing the burden of social anxiety disorder.
- Efficacy of olanzapine in social anxiety disorder: a pilot study.
- Efficient Screening for Fear of Movement in Outpatient Settings: Short Form and Computer Adaptive Tests for Fear Avoidance and Negative Pain Coping.
- Emotional processing and fear measurement synchrony as indicators of treatment outcome in fear of flying.
- Escitalopram in specific phobia: results of a placebo-controlled pilot trial.
- Fear is associated with attrition of first-time whole blood donors: A longitudinal examination of donor confidence and attitude as potential mediators.
- Fear of movement (kinesiophobia), pain, and psychopathology in patients with sickle cell disease.
- Fluoxetine, comprehensive cognitive behavioral therapy, and placebo in generalized social phobia.
- Fluvoxamine for the treatment of anxiety disorders in children and adolescents. The Research Unit on Pediatric Psychopharmacology Anxiety Study Group.
- Fluvoxamine treatment of social phobia (social anxiety disorder): a double-blind, placebo-controlled study.
- Generalized social anxiety disorder and avoidant personality disorder: structural analysis and treatment outcome.
- Graded exposure therapy for addressing claustrophobic reactions to continuous positive airway pressure: a case series report.
- How common are common mental disorders? Evidence that lifetime prevalence rates are doubled by prospective versus retrospective ascertainment.
- Hyperhidrosis in social anxiety disorder.
- Impact of generalized social anxiety disorder in managed care.
- Indicators of pretreatment suicidal ideation in adults with major depressive disorder.
- International advances in the treatment of social phobia.
- Juvenile mental health histories of adults with anxiety disorders.
- Lack of efficacy of a new antidepressant (bupropion) in the treatment of panic disorder with phobias.
- Levels of urinary free cortisol in social phobia.
- Levetiracetam in social phobia: a placebo controlled pilot study.
- Links between growth hormone deficiency, adaptation and social phobia.
- Long-term treatment of social phobia with clonazepam.
- Magnetic resonance imaging in social phobia.
- Magnetic resonance spectroscopy in social phobia: preliminary findings.
- Mediators of change in the Child/Adolescent Anxiety Multimodal Treatment Study.
- Meeting of minds in psychiatry and homeopathy: an example in social phobia.
- Mini-SPIN: A brief screening assessment for generalized social anxiety disorder.
- Moclobemide in social phobia: a controlled dose-response trial.
- Morbid obesity is associated with fear of movement and lower quality of life in patients with knee pain-related diagnoses.
- Multidimensional effects of sertraline in social anxiety disorder.
- Neurologic and neuroscience education: Mitigating neurophobia to mentor health care providers.
- PDI-4A: an augmented provisional screening instrument assessing 5 additional common anxiety-related diagnoses in adult primary care patients.
- Panic disorder and social phobia: current treatments and new strategies.
- Parental anxiety as a predictor of medication and CBT response for anxious youth.
- Paroxetine for social anxiety and alcohol use in dual-diagnosed patients.
- Perceived stress in anxiety disorders and the general population: a study of the Sheehan stress vulnerability scale.
- Pharmacotherapy of social anxiety disorder.
- Pharmacotherapy of social anxiety disorder: what does the evidence tell us?
- Pharmacotherapy of social phobia.
- Phobia: prevalence and risk factors.
- Phobic anxiety and increased risk of mortality in coronary heart disease.
- Phobic anxiety, depression, and risk of ventricular arrhythmias in patients with coronary heart disease.
- Preschool anxiety disorders in pediatric primary care: prevalence and comorbidity.
- Prevalence of anxiety disorders in men and women with established coronary heart disease.
- Psychiatric disorders in adult children of alcoholics: data from the Epidemiologic Catchment Area project.
- Psychological predictors of recovery from low back pain: a prospective study.
- Psychometric properties of the Fear-Avoidance Beliefs Questionnaire and Tampa Scale of Kinesiophobia in patients with shoulder pain.
- Psychometric properties of the Social Phobia Inventory (SPIN). New self-rating scale.
- Reading problems, psychiatric disorders, and functional impairment from mid- to late adolescence.
- Resolution of fear of flying with fluoxetine treatment.
- Secondary agoraphobia: two case reports.
- Self-discrepancies in clinical depression and social phobia: cognitive structures that underlie emotional disorders?
- Sensitivity to punishment and low maternal care account for the link between bulimic and social anxiety symptomology.
- Short stature, growth hormone deficiency, and social anxiety.
- Social and personal resources and the prevalence of phobic disorder in a community population.
- Social anxiety disorder in children and adolescents: epidemiology, diagnosis, and treatment.
- Social anxiety disorder in review: two decades of progress.
- Social phobia and separation anxiety symptoms in community and clinical samples of children and adolescents.
- Social phobia: biological aspects and pharmacotherapy.
- Social phobia: issues in assessment and management.
- Social phobia: outlook for the '90s.
- Study refusal and exclusion from a randomized treatment study of generalized social phobia.
- Symptomatic and functional assessment of social anxiety disorder in adults.
- The Brief Social Phobia Scale.
- The Brief Social Phobia Scale: a psychometric evaluation.
- The boundary of social phobia. Exploring the threshold.
- The effects of childhood parental death and divorce on six-month history of anxiety disorders.
- The epidemiology of social phobia: findings from the Duke Epidemiological Catchment Area Study.
- The neurobiology of social phobia.
- The relationship between panic disorder and agoraphobia: an epidemiologic perspective.
- The role of nuclear magnetic resonance imaging in psychiatric research.
- The therapeutic relationship in cognitive-behavioral therapy and pharmacotherapy for anxious youth.
- The use of ambulatory services by persons with and without phobia.
- Treatment of social phobia with benzodiazepines.
- Treatment of social phobia with clonazepam and placebo.
- Treatment of social phobia with gabapentin: a placebo-controlled study.
- Use of an automated bolus calculator reduces fear of hypoglycemia and improves confidence in dosage accuracy in patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus treated with multiple daily insulin injections.
- Use of benzodiazepines in social anxiety disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, and posttraumatic stress disorder.
- Use of in vivo desensitization to treat a patient's claustrophobic response to nasal CPAP.
- Variation of human amygdala response during threatening stimuli as a function of 5'HTTLPR genotype and personality style.
- What do childhood anxiety disorders predict?
Keywords of People
- Charles, Hal Cecil, Adjunct Associate Professor in the Department of Radiology, Radiology
- Kimbrel, Nathan Andrew, Associate Professor in Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences, Behavioral Medicine & Neurosciences
- O'Connor, Christopher Michael, Adjunct Professor in the Department of Medicine, Medicine, Clinical Pharmacology