Subject Areas on Research
- Activity of a type 1 picornavirus internal ribosomal entry site is determined by sequences within the 3' nontranslated region.
- Competitive translation efficiency at the picornavirus type 1 internal ribosome entry site facilitated by viral cis and trans factors.
- Determinants of poliovirus neurovirulence.
- Genetically stable picornavirus expression vectors with recombinant internal ribosomal entry sites.
- Pathogenic simian immunodeficiency virus infection is associated with expansion of the enteric virome.
- The polypyrimidine tract binding protein is required for efficient picornavirus gene expression and propagation.
- Utilization of a mammalian cell-based RNA binding assay to characterize the RNA binding properties of picornavirus 3C proteinases.