Subject Areas on Research
- Activity of a type 1 picornavirus internal ribosomal entry site is determined by sequences within the 3' nontranslated region.
- Competitive translation efficiency at the picornavirus type 1 internal ribosome entry site facilitated by viral cis and trans factors.
- Determinants of poliovirus neurovirulence.
- Genetically stable picornavirus expression vectors with recombinant internal ribosomal entry sites.
- Picornavirus entry.
- Picornavirus genome replication. Identification of the surface of the poliovirus (PV) 3C dimer that interacts with PV 3Dpol during VPg uridylylation and construction of a structural model for the PV 3C2-3Dpol complex.
- The polypyrimidine tract binding protein is required for efficient picornavirus gene expression and propagation.
- Utilization of a mammalian cell-based RNA binding assay to characterize the RNA binding properties of picornavirus 3C proteinases.