Subject Areas on Research
- Alpha-melanocyte-stimulating hormone is a peripheral, integrative regulator of glucose and fat metabolism.
- Apolipoprotein A-IV interacts synergistically with melanocortins to reduce food intake.
- Consumption of a high-fat diet induces central insulin resistance independent of adiposity.
- Disruption of Gpr45 causes reduced hypothalamic POMC expression and obesity.
- Identification of recurrent USP48 and BRAF mutations in Cushing's disease.
- Increased dietary fat attenuates the anorexic effects of intracerebroventricular injections of MTII.
- Integrated control of appetite and fat metabolism by the leptin-proopiomelanocortin pathway.
- Lack of annexin 1 results in an increase in corticotroph number in male but not female mice.