Subject Areas on Research
- 8-hydroxy-2-(di-n-propylamino)tetralin-responsive 5-hydroxytryptamine4-like receptor expressed in bovine pulmonary artery smooth muscle cells.
- A Phase I clinical trial of immunotherapy with interferon-gamma gene-modified autologous melanoma cells: monitoring the humoral immune response.
- A case of spurious hypercalcitoninemia: a cautionary tale on the use of plasma calcitonin assays in the screening of patients with thyroid nodules for neoplasia.
- A conserved region at the COOH terminus of human immunodeficiency virus gp120 envelope protein contains an immunodominant epitope.
- A novel role for the centrosomal protein, pericentrin, in regulation of insulin secretory vesicle docking in mouse pancreatic beta-cells.
- A radioimmunoassay for the estimation of serum dehydroepiandrosterone sulphate in normal and pathological sera.
- Abnormal amniotic fetal antigen 2 concentrations in trisomy 18 and trisomy 21.
- Activin A and follistatin are dynamically regulated during human pregnancy.
- Acute phase response in exercise. II. Associations between vitamin E, cytokines, and muscle proteolysis.
- Adiponectin changes in relation to the macronutrient composition of a weight-loss diet.
- Alterations in the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis in a proposed animal model of depression with genetic muscarinic supersensitivity.
- Analysis of implantation in assisted reproduction through the use of serial human chorionic gonadotropin measurements.
- Angiotensin converting enzyme in renal ontogeny: hypothesis for multiple roles.
- Annual changes in serum concentrations of prolactin in captive male black bears (Ursus americanus).
- Antibodies to the beta-adrenergic receptor: attenuation of catecholamine-sensitive adenylate cyclase and demonstration of postsynaptic receptor localization in brain.
- Antidouble stranded DNA antibody assays in systemic lupus erythematosus: correlations of longitudinal antibody measurements.
- Antigenic activity of human urothelial tissue.
- Antiserum to diphenylhydantoin: preparation and characterization.
- Association between low levels of 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D and breast cancer risk.
- Atrial natriuretic peptide increases urodilatin in the circulation.
- Autocrine growth stimulation by transforming growth factor alpha in asbestos-transformed rat mesothelial cells.
- Biochemical changes in leukocytes in response to chemoattractants.
- Biological monitoring for occupational cadmium exposure: the urinary metallothionein.
- C-terminal region of human T cell lymphotropic virus type I (HTLVI) p19 core protein is immunogenic in humans and contains an HTLVI-specific epitope.
- CFTR: development of high- affinity antibodies and localization in sweat gland.
- CSF corticotropin-releasing factor-like immunoactivity in chronic pain patients with and without major depression.
- Caffeine in plasma and saliva by a radioimmunoassay procedure.
- Calmodulin overexpression causes Ca(2+)-dependent apoptosis of pancreatic beta cells, which can be prevented by inhibition of nitric oxide synthase.
- Calmodulin. Development and application of a sensitive radioimmunoassay.
- Calmodulin: properties, intracellular localization, and multiple roles in cell regulation.
- Carcinoma of the pancreas. Therapeutic efficacy as defined by a serodiagnostic test utilizing a monoclonal antibody.
- Cellular mechanisms for developmental toxicity of chlorpyrifos: targeting the adenylyl cyclase signaling cascade.
- Characterization of a monoclonal antibody specific for human active renin.
- Characterization of the immune response to the major glycoprotein (gp 71) of Friend leukemia virus. I. Response in BALB/c mice.
- Characterization of the immune response to the major glycoprotein (gp71) of Friend leukemia virus. II. Response in C57BL/6 mice.
- Characterization of the immune response to the major glycoprotein (gp71) of Friend leukemia virus. III. Influence on endogenous MuLV-mediated pathogenesis.
- Chronic cocaine administration sensitizes behavioral but not neuroendocrine responses.
- Circulating IgA immune complexes in patients with psoriasis.
- Clinical and immunologic features of selective IgA deficiency.
- Clinical studies on the radioimmunodetection of tumors containing alpha-fetoprotein.
- Combined antibody-high-performance liquid chromatography approach to assess prohormone processing.
- Constitutive production of macrophage colony-stimulating factor and interleukin-6 by human ovarian surface epithelial cells.
- Corticotropin releasing factor stimulates growth hormone secretion in neonatal rats.
- Cortisol responses to emotional stress in men: association with a functional polymorphism in the 5HTR2C gene.
- Creatine kinase brain isoenzyme: relationship of cerebrospinal fluid concentration to the neurologic condition of newborns and cellular localization in the human brain.
- Deficient red-cell spectrin in severe, recessively inherited spherocytosis.
- Delta-opioid-receptor activation by [D-Pen2,D-Pen5]enkephalin and morphine inhibits substance P release from trigeminal nucleus slices.
- Demonstration of a relation between urinary digoxin-like immunoreactive substance and cardiac performance.
- Demonstration of complex antigenic heterogeneity in a human glioma cell line and eight derived clones by specific monoclonal antibodies.
- Detection in human serum by radioimmunoassay of histidyl-proline diketopiperazine, a metabolite of thyrotropin-releasing hormone.
- Detection of a pancreatic cancer-associated antigen (DU-PAN-2 antigen) in serum and ascites of patients with adenocarcinoma.
- Detection of illicit substance use among persons with schizophrenia by radioimmunoassay of hair.
- Detection of oncornavirus antigenic activity in human urothelial tissues.
- Development of a radioimmunoassay for fetal antigen 2.
- Dietary regulation of glucose-dependent insulinotropic peptide (GIP) gene expression in rat small intestine.
- Differences in the estrogen content of breast adipose tissue in women by menopausal status and hormone use.
- Different ontogenetic patterns of testosterone production reflect divergent male reproductive strategies in chimpanzees and bonobos.
- Dioxin-like activity and maternal thyroid hormone levels in second trimester maternal serum.
- Disialoganglioside GD2 in human neuroectodermal tumor cell lines and gliomas.
- Distinctive patterns of hyperplasia in transgenic mice with mouse mammary tumor virus transforming growth factor-alpha. Characterization of mammary gland and skin proliferations.
- Distribution and localization of a novel cholecystokinin-releasing factor in the rat gastrointestinal tract.
- Double antibody radioimmunoassay for monitoring metastatic breast cancer.
- Early diagnosis and treatment of medullary thyroid carcinoma.
- Effect of acute exercise on plasma neurotensin levels.
- Effect of exogenous dehydroepiandrosterone upon the fetoplacental biosynthesis of estrogens and its effect upon uterine blood flow in the term pregnant ewe.
- Effect of fatty acids on insulin release: role of chain length and degree of unsaturation.
- Effect of ingested nutrients on the release of thrittene into the human circulation.
- Effect of interferon-gamma and human alpha 2-macroglobulin on peritoneal macrophage morphology and Ia antigen expression.
- Effects of a novel cholecystokinin (CCK) receptor antagonist, MK-329, on gallbladder contraction and gastric emptying in humans. Implications for the physiology of CCK.
- Effects of atrial natriuretic peptide on rat ovarian granulosa cell steroidogenesis in vitro.
- Effects of cadmium ingestion and food restriction on energy metabolism and tissue metal concentrations in mallard ducks (Anas platyrhynchos).
- Effects of cytokines on porcine granulosa cell steroidogenesis in vitro.
- Effects of fasting, refeeding, and intraluminal triglyceride on proglucagon expression in jejunum and ileum.
- Effects of high-dose cancer chemotherapy on the absorption of digoxin in two different formulations.
- Elevated beta-cell calmodulin produces a unique insulin secretory defect in transgenic mice.
- Elevated serum secretory immunoglobulin A levels in patients with head and neck carcinoma.
- Elevation of multiple serum markers in patients with stage I ovarian cancer.
- Endocrine correlates of pregnancy in the ring-tailed lemur (Lemur catta): implications for the masculinization of daughters.
- Endothelial cell surface expression and binding of factor VIII/von Willebrand factor.
- Endothelial renin-angiotensin pathway. Adrenergic regulation of angiotensin secretion.
- Enhanced renal leukotriene production in murine lupus: role of lipoxygenase metabolites.
- Evaluation of a role for 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 in the pathogenesis and treatment of X-linked hypophosphatemic rickets and osteomalacia.
- Evidence that ship noise increases stress in right whales.
- Experimental cryopreservation and autotransplantation of parathyroid glands: technique and demonstration of function.
- Expression and production of interleukin-10 by human trophoblast: relationship to pregnancy immunotolerance.
- Expression of murine leukemia virus structural antigens on the surface of chemically induced murine sarcomas.
- Falsely elevated urinary excretion of catecholamines and metanephrines in patients receiving labetalol therapy.
- Free triiodothyronine (T3) and thyroxine (T4) in a group of unipolar depressed patients and normal subjects.
- GD3 expression by cultured human tumor cells of neuroectodermal origin.
- Gastrin-releasing peptide gene expression in developing, hyperplastic, and neoplastic human thyroid C-cells.
- Generation of human IgG, IgA, and IgM anti-melanoma monoclonal antibodies utilizing lymphocytes of an actively immunized melanoma patient.
- Ghrelin stimulation of growth hormone isoforms: parallel secretion of total and 20-kDa growth hormone and relation to insulin sensitivity in healthy humans.
- Glioma-associated antigens defined by monoclonal antibodies against an avian sarcoma virus-induced rat astrocytoma.
- Glycemic response to stress is altered in euglycemic Pima Indians.
- Growth retardation in the Lesch-Nyhan syndrome.
- Hepatic clearance and metabolism in the rat of a human breast cancer associated glycoprotein (GCDFP-15).
- Hepatitis B antigen in saliva, urine, and stool.
- Heterogeneity of somatostatin like immunoreactivity (SLI) in extracts of porcine, canine and human pancreas.
- Human erythrocyte acetylcholinesterase bears the Yta blood group antigen and is reduced or absent in the Yt(a-b-) phenotype.
- Human medullary thymocyte p80 antigen and In(Lu)-related p80 antigen reside on the same protein.
- Hyperglycemia induces insulin resistance on angiotensinogen gene expression in diabetic rat kidney proximal tubular cells.
- Identification of nonsulfated cholecystokinin-58 in canine intestinal extracts and its biological properties.
- IgA-containing circulating immune complexes in dermatitis herpetiformis, Henoch-Schönlein purpura, systemic lupus erythematosus and other diseases.
- IgA-containing circulating immune complexes in patients with igA nephropathy.
- IgA-containing immune complexes in patients with psoriatic arthritis.
- Immunoblot analyses of Candida albicans-associated antigens and antibodies in human sera.
- Immunodiagnosis of human malignancy.
- Immunological properties of avian oncornavirus polypeptides.
- Immunoradiometric assay for examination and quantitation of Brucella abortus-specific antibodies reactive with the antigen(s) used in the indirect hemolysis test.
- Implantation and pregnancy rates in relation to oestradiol and progesterone profiles in cycles with and without the use of gonadotrophin-releasing hormone agonist suppression.
- In vitro synthesis of steroids by a feminising adrenocortical carcinoma: effect of prolactin and other protein hormones.
- In vivo antigenic modification of tumor cells. I. Introduction of murine leukemia virus antigens on non-virus-producing murine sarcomas.
- Increased serum levels of macrophage colony-stimulating factor in ovarian cancer.
- Induction of specific cytochrome P-450 isozymes by methylenedioxyphenyl compounds and antagonism by 3-methylcholanthrene.
- Influence of continuous infusion of citrate on responses of immunoreactive parathyroid hormone, calcium and magnesium components, and other electrolytes in normal adults during plateletapheresis.
- Intact parathyroid hormone overestimates the presence and severity of parathyroid-mediated osseous abnormalities in uremia.
- Interactions of calmodulin with coated vesicles from brain.
- Interleukin-6: effects on and production by rat granulosa cells in vitro.
- Intracerebroventricular infusion of bombesin modulates GIP secretion in conscious dogs.
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection: achievement of high pregnancy rates in couples with severe male factor infertility is dependent primarily upon female and not male factors.
- Isolated hormone receptors: physiologic and clinical implications.
- Isolation of a new RNA polymerase-binding protein from sporulating Bacillus subtilis.
- Isolation of the JMH antigen on a novel phosphatidylinositol-linked human membrane protein.
- Life-history correlates of steroid concentrations in wild peripartum baboons.
- Luteal phase serum estradiol and progesterone in in vitro fertilization.
- Mapping of homologous, amino-terminal neutralizing regions of human T-cell lymphotropic virus type I and II gp46 envelope glycoproteins.
- Measles virus nucleocapsids: large-scale purification and use in radioimmunoassays.
- Measurement of diphenylhydantoin in 0.1-ml plasma samples: gas chromatography and radioimmunoassay compared.
- Measuring fecal testosterone in females and fecal estrogens in males: comparison of RIA and LC/MS/MS methods for wild baboons (Papio cynocephalus).
- Melanoma patient antibody responses to melanoma tumor-associated antigens defined by murine monoclonal antibodies.
- Melatonin regulates energy balance and attenuates fever in Siberian hamsters.
- Mitosis is required for production of murine leukemia virus and structural proteins during de novo infection.
- Monoclonal antibodies reactive with epitopes restricted to glial fibrillary acidic proteins of several species.
- Morphine produces a multiphasic effect on the release of substance P from rat trigeminal nucleus slices by activating different opioid receptor subtypes.
- Morphologic and immunologic studies of human prostatic carcinoma.
- Multiphasic effect of morphine on the release of substance P from rat trigeminal nucleus slices.
- Multiple assay characterization of murine monoclonal antimelanoma antibodies.
- Nocturnal and early morning secretion of ACTH and cortisol in humans.
- OVX1 radioimmunoassay complements CA-125 for predicting the presence of residual ovarian carcinoma at second-look surgical surveillance procedures.
- Olanzapine and clozapine increase the GABAergic neuroactive steroid allopregnanolone in rodents.
- Olanzapine and fluoxetine administration and coadministration increase rat hippocampal pregnenolone, allopregnanolone and peripheral deoxycorticosterone: implications for therapeutic actions.
- On the measurement of cholecystokinin.
- Oncornavirus-like protein expression in human prostatic tissue.
- Parotid and whole saliva in the prediction of serum total and free phenytoin concentrations.
- Partial deficiency of erythrocyte spectrin in hereditary spherocytosis.
- Partial purification and characterization of a murine glioma-associated antigen defined by syngeneic rat monoclonal antibodies.
- Peptide YY: metabolism and effect on pancreatic secretion in dogs.
- Pharmacokinetics and biochemical efficacy of pirmagrel, a thromboxane synthase inhibitor, in renal allograft recipients.
- Pharmacokinetics of pentobarbital enantiomers as determined by enantioselective radioimmunoassay after administration of racemate to humans and rabbits.
- Phenotypic and genotypic analysis of a human medulloblastoma cell line and transplantable xenograft (D341 Med) demonstrating amplification of c-myc.
- Phenytoin and phenobarbital concentrations in saliva and plasma measured by radioimmunoassay.
- Photoperiod alters the time course of brain cyclooxygenase-2 expression in Siberian hamsters.
- Physiologic role for enhanced renal thromboxane production in murine lupus nephritis.
- Plasma concentrations of 11-deoxycorticosterone in women during the menstrual cycle.
- Plasma dexamethasone concentrations and the dexamethasone suppression test.
- Polypeptides of mammalian oncornaviruses. II Characterization of murine leukemia virus polypeptide (p 15) bearing interspecies reactivity.
- Postsynaptic requirement for Abl kinases in assembly of the neuromuscular junction.
- Primary hyperparathyroidism: a new experimental animal model.
- Prostacyclin protects against elevated blood pressure and cardiac fibrosis.
- Prostate and transitional cell carcinoma: radioimmunoassay of viral tumor-associated antigens.
- Radioimmunoassay for terfenadine in human plasma.
- Radioimmunoassay of calmodulin.
- Radioimmunoassay of plasma estradiol during the breeding cycle of ring doves (Streptopelia risoria).
- Radioimmunoassays for cannabinoids.
- Radiolocalization of human mammary tumors in athymic mice by a monoclonal antibody.
- Radiommunoassay of delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol.
- Radioreceptor assay of adrenocorticotropic hormone: new approach to assay of polypeptide hormones in plasma.
- Relationship of the serotonin transporter with prolactin response to meta-chlorophenylpiperazine in cocaine dependence.
- Release of corticotropin-releasing factor from rat brain regions in vitro.
- Response to hepatitis B immunization in children with hemophilia: relationship to infection with human immunodeficiency virus type 1.
- Role of carbohydrate in determining the immunochemical properties of the major glycoprotein (gp71) of Friend murine leukemia virus.
- Role of gonadotropin-releasing hormone pulse frequency in differential regulation of gonadotropins in the gilt.
- Seasonal variation of salivary testosterone in men, normally cycling women, and women using hormonal contraceptives.
- Sensitive and specific detection of the 4B5 antigen in bronchial lavage specimens from patients with primary bronchogenic carcinoma.
- Sequential adsorption analysis of antibodies to neuroectodermal cells by an indirect quantitative method.
- Serological and biochemical characterization of monoclonal antibodies against red cell markers related to expression of Lutheran blood group antigens.
- Serum IgD concentrations in normal infants, children, and adults and in patients with elevated IgE.
- Serum angiotensin converting enzyme activity in evaluation of patients with liver disease.
- Serum dehydroepiandrosterone (DHA) and sulphate (DHAS) after acute growth hormone therapy.
- Sex hormone levels and gonadotrophin release in the polycystic ovary syndrome.
- Shear stress elevates endothelial cGMP. Role of a potassium channel and G protein coupling.
- Short day lengths augment stress-induced leukocyte trafficking and stress-induced enhancement of skin immune function.
- Solid-phase microtiter radioimmunoassay blocking test for detection of antibodies to Escherichia coli heat-labile enterotoxin.
- Soluble interleukin-2 receptor alpha is elevated in sera of patients with benign ovarian neoplasms and epithelial ovarian cancer.
- Species differences in alpha 2-adrenergic regulation of platelet adenylate cyclase.
- Specific and non-specific measurements of tissue angiotensin II cascade members.
- Spectrophotometry of cerebral cytochrome a, a3 in bloodless rats.
- Stress-induced changes in the expression of monocytic beta2-integrins: the impact of arousal of negative affect and adrenergic responses to the Anger Recall Interview.
- Suppression and flare regimens of gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist. Use in women with different basal gonadotropin values in an in vitro fertilization program.
- Synergistic effect of dexamethasone and isoproterenol on the expression of angiotensinogen in immortalized rat proximal tubular cells.
- The effect of neonatal exposure to DES and o,p'-DDT on pituitary responsiveness to GnRH in adult castrated rats.
- The effect of serial dilution error on calibration inference in immunoassay.
- The effect of variance function estimation on nonlinear calibration inference in immunoassay data.
- The hypogonadotropic state of the prepubertal male rhesus monkey (Macaca mulatta) is not associated with a decrease in hypothalamic gonadotropin-releasing hormone content.
- The intestinal lymph fistula model--a novel approach to study ghrelin secretion.
- The measurement of morphine in the hair of heroin abusers.
- The prediction and/or detection of ovulation by means of urinary steroid assays.
- The preparation and properties of an antiserum for the radioimmunoassay of serum conjugated cholic acid.
- The regulation of proenkephalin expression in a distinct population of glial cells.
- The responses of atrial natriuretic factor concentrations to acute volume changes in conscious rats.
- The suppressive effect of a synthetic retroviral peptide on the human IFN gamma production is abrogated by the combined stimulation with IL-1 and IL-2.
- The typing of fetal antigen 2 in human amniotic fluid.
- The use of a urinary estrone conjugates assay for detection of optimal mating time in the cynomolgus macaque (Macaca fascicularis).
- The winged helix gene, Mf3, is required for normal development of the diencephalon and midbrain, postnatal growth and the milk-ejection reflex.
- Theophylline radioimmunoassay: synthesis of antigen and characterization of antiserum.
- Three peptides from the atrial natriuretic factor prohormone amino terminus lower blood pressure and produce diuresis, natriuresis, and/or kaliuresis in humans.
- Thrittene, homologous with somatostatin-28((1-13)), is a novel peptide in mammalian gut and circulation.
- Total testosterone assays in women with polycystic ovary syndrome: precision and correlation with hirsutism.
- Toxicity of methoxyacetic acid in cultured human luteal cells.
- Transdermal iontophoretic delivery of luteinizing hormone releasing hormone (LHRH): effect of repeated administration.
- Transdermal iontophoretic peptide delivery: in vitro and in vivo studies with luteinizing hormone releasing hormone.
- Transforming growth factor-beta inhibits prostaglandin production in amnion and A431 cells.
- Transmission of HIV by antigen presenting cells during T-cell activation: prevention by 3'-azido-3'-deoxythymidine.
- Urinary digoxin-like immunoreactive substance in pregnancy. Relation to urinary electrolytes.
- Utility of fluoroimmunoassay in detecting luteinizing hormone surges in spontaneous and human menopausal gonadotropin-stimulated menstrual cycles.
- Warfarin enantiomer disposition: determination by stereoselective radioimmunoassay.
- [Synthesis of human proinsulin in Escherichia coli cells].
- pN collagen type III within tendon grafts used for anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction.
Keywords of People
- Bennett, Vann, George Barth Geller Distinguished Professor of Molecular Biology, Duke Cancer Institute
- Berchuck, Andrew, James M. Ingram Distinguished Professor of Gynecologic Oncology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Gynecologic Oncology
- Bradford, Daniel William, Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Psychiatry, Child & Family Mental Health & Community Psychiatry
- Buckley, Rebecca Hatcher, James Buren Sidbury Distinguished Professor Emeritus of Pediatrics, in the School of Medicine, Pediatrics, Allergy and Immunology
- Hogan, Brigid L. M., Research Professor of Cell Biology, Cell Biology