Subject Areas on Research
- A Community-Driven Intervention in Tuftonboro, New Hampshire, Succeeds in Altering Water Testing Behavior.
- A clinical trial of oral therapy in a rural cholera-treatment center.
- A randomized controlled trial of household-based flocculant-disinfectant drinking water treatment for diarrhea prevention in rural Guatemala.
- A randomized longitudinal factorial design to assess malaria vector control and disease management interventions in rural Tanzania.
- A structural approach to examining prostate cancer risk for rural southern African American men.
- Absconders from a rural health centre in Papua New Guinea.
- An intradisciplinary team in a nurse managed center.
- Analysis of strategies to attract and retain rural health workers in Cambodia, China, and Vietnam and context influencing their outcomes.
- Are we failing vulnerable workers? The case of black women in poultry processing in rural North Carolina.
- Associations of elevated interleukin-6 and C-reactive protein levels with mortality in the elderly.
- Attitudes toward physician-assisted suicide among physicians in Vermont.
- Attrition in general surgery residency: can global and rural surgery shift the paradigm?
- Back in the Day: Nostalgia Frames Rural Residents' Perspectives on Diet and Physical Activity.
- COPD and Rural Health: A Dialogue on the National Action Plan.
- Characteristics of HIV-infected adults in the Deep South and their utilization of mental health services: A rural vs. urban comparison.
- Characteristics of sexual partnerships, not just of individuals, are associated with condom use and recent HIV infection in rural South Africa.
- Child mortality: Villages project responds to criticism.
- Childhood sexual trauma and subsequent parenting beliefs and behaviors.
- Chiropractic Use, Health Care Expenditures, and Health Outcomes for Rural and Nonrural Individuals With Arthritis.
- Cooperative medical schemes in contemporary rural China.
- Defining the rural HIV epidemic: correlations of 3 definitions--South Carolina, 2005-2011.
- Determinants of Uncontrolled Hypertension in Rural Communities in South Asia-Bangladesh, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka.
- Determinants of hypertension in West Africa: contribution of anthropometric and dietary factors to urban-rural and socioeconomic gradients.
- Diarrhoeal disease in Bangladesh: epidemiology, mortality averted and costs at a rural treatment centre.
- Drug-resistant tuberculosis control in China: progress and challenges.
- Effect of a structural intervention for the prevention of intimate-partner violence and HIV in rural South Africa: a cluster randomised trial.
- Errors in a paper on the Millennium Villages project.
- Esophageal eosinophilia is increased in rural areas with low population density: results from a national pathology database.
- Ethnic and sex differences in serum levels of cartilage oligomeric matrix protein: the Johnston County Osteoarthritis Project.
- Ethnic subgroup differences in hypertension in Pakistan.
- Evaluation of a dried blood spot HIV-1 RNA program for early infant diagnosis and viral load monitoring at rural and remote healthcare facilities.
- Explaining continued high HIV prevalence in South Africa: socioeconomic factors, HIV incidence and sexual behaviour change among a rural cohort, 2001-2004.
- Exploration of work and health disparities among black women employed in poultry processing in the rural south.
- Exploring associations between physical activity and perceived and objective measures of the built environment.
- Factors affecting delays in tuberculosis diagnosis in rural China: a case study in four counties in Shandong Province.
- Feasibility, acceptability and cost of home-based HIV testing in rural Kenya.
- Fibromyalgia in rheumatology practice: a survey of Canadian rheumatologists.
- Financing health care in rural China: preliminary report of a nationwide study.
- Focus on rural health. Preface.
- Headaches and psychopathology in children and adolescents.
- Health work force planning in the 90s, Part II: Enough in the right place at the right time?
- Helping nurse-midwives provide obstetrical care in rural North Carolina.
- Household based treatment of drinking water with flocculant-disinfectant for preventing diarrhoea in areas with turbid source water in rural western Kenya: cluster randomised controlled trial.
- How effectively can the New Cooperative Medical Scheme reduce catastrophic health expenditure for the poor and non-poor in rural China?
- Improving the quality of rural nursing care.
- Incidence and Risk of Suicide Among Patients With Head and Neck Cancer in Rural, Urban, and Metropolitan Areas.
- Incidence and severity of rotavirus and Escherichia coli diarrhoea in rural Bangladesh. Implications for vaccine development.
- Increased prevalence of advanced tuberculosis in rural low tuberculosis caseload counties in North Carolina.
- Increasing obstetrical care access to the rural poor.
- Initiatives to improve access to behavioral health services in the Veterans Affairs Health System.
- Introduction of voluntary counselling and rapid testing for HIV in rural South Africa: from theory to practice.
- Linking clinical and public health approaches to improve access to health care for socially disadvantaged mothers and children. A feasibility study.
- Mapping routine measles vaccination in low- and middle-income countries.
- Maternal depression in rural Pakistan: the protective associations with cultural postpartum practices.
- Medical education in China for the 21st century: the context for change.
- Medical education in the community: a Nigerian experience.
- Morbidity and mortality disparities among colonist and indigenous populations in the Ecuadorian Amazon.
- Mortality and loss to follow-up among HAART initiators in rural South Africa.
- Mortality rates in conflict zones in Karen, Karenni, and Mon states in eastern Burma.
- Musculoskeletal symptoms among poultry processing workers and a community comparison group: Black women in low-wage jobs in the rural South.
- Neighborhood clustering of non-communicable diseases: results from a community-based study in Northern Tanzania.
- Nursing patient safety research in rural health care settings.
- Older adults in North Carolina. A demographic and health status profile.
- One state's response to the malpractice insurance crisis: North Carolina's Rural Obstetrical Care Incentive Program.
- Oral misoprostol in preventing postpartum haemorrhage in resource-poor communities: a randomised controlled trial.
- Orphan status, HIV risk behavior, and mental health among adolescents in rural Kenya.
- Paradise lost?: rural life and nutritional well being in the 21st century.
- Perceived acceptability of home-based couples voluntary HIV counseling and testing in Northern Tanzania.
- Physician attire in the intensive care unit in Japan influences visitors' perception of care.
- Poverty, race/ethnicity, and psychiatric disorder: a study of rural children.
- Pre-Pregnancy Hypertension Among Women in Rural and Urban Areas of the United States.
- Prevalence of SARS-CoV-2 in Karnataka, India.
- Prevalence of childhood sexual abuse and physical trauma in an HIV-positive sample from the deep south.
- Psychiatric disorder, impairment, and service use in rural African American and white youth.
- Psychological morbidity of Thai families of a person with schizophrenia.
- Responses of 6500 households to arsenic mitigation in Araihazar, Bangladesh.
- Risk factor dynamics, mortality and life expectancy differences between eastern and western Finland: the Finnish Cohorts of the Seven Countries Study.
- Risk factors for human anthrax among contacts of anthrax-infected livestock in Kazakhstan.
- Risk of napping: excessive daytime sleepiness and mortality in an older community population.
- Root caries patterns and risk factors of middle-aged and elderly people in China.
- Rural preceptorship program for baccalaureate students.
- Rural-urban blood lead differences in North Carolina children.
- Rural-urban differences in HIV viral loads and progression to AIDS among new HIV cases.
- Self-rated health in Pakistan: results of a national health survey.
- Social capital and hypertension in rural Haitian women.
- Socio-economic status and malaria-related outcomes in Mvomero District, Tanzania.
- Spirituality, Coping, and Resilience Among Rural Residents Living with Chronic Kidney Disease.
- Tackling the challenges to health equity in China.
- Taming the wilderness: the lifestyle improvement movement in rural Japan, 1925-1965.
- Technologies for global health.
- Ten-year impacts of China's rural health scheme: lessons for universal health coverage.
- The Rising Rate of Rural Hospital Closures.
- The association between school attendance, HIV infection and sexual behaviour among young people in rural South Africa.
- The effect of a practice-based multicomponent intervention that includes health coaching on medication adherence and blood pressure control in rural primary care.
- The effect of an integrated multisector model for achieving the Millennium Development Goals and improving child survival in rural sub-Saharan Africa: a non-randomised controlled assessment.
- The effect of rural residence on dental unmet need for children with special health care needs.
- The effect of women's status on infant and child mortality in four rural areas of Bangladesh.
- The effects of rural residence and other social vulnerabilities on subjective measures of unmet need.
- The impact of primary health care on malaria morbidity--defining access by disease burden.
- The impact of smoking and quitting on household expenditure patterns and medical care costs in China.
- Threading the Needle--How to Stop the HIV Outbreak in Rural Indiana.
- Undiagnosed pulmonary tuberculosis deaths in rural South Africa.
- Upstream watershed condition predicts rural children's health across 35 developing countries.
- Urban-Rural Mortality Disparities from Chronic Lower Respiratory Diseases in the United States, 1999-2019.
- Using health and demographic surveillance to understand the burden of disease in populations: the case of tuberculosis in rural South Africa.
- Utilisation of maternal health care in western rural China under a new rural health insurance system (New Co-operative Medical System).
- Why have surgeons moved to the country?
- Widely varying HIV prevalence and risk behaviours among the ethnic minority peoples of northern Thailand.
Keywords of People
- Broverman, Sherryl A., Professor of the Practice of Biology, Biology
- Dement, John McCray, Professor Emeritus in Family Medicine and Community Health, Family Medicine & Community Health,Occupational & Environmental Medicine