Subject Areas on Research
- "Like a doctor, like a brother": Achieving competence amongst lay health workers delivering community-based rehabilitation for people with schizophrenia in Ethiopia.
- 3-Hydroxykynurenine and clinical symptoms in first-episode neuroleptic-naive patients with schizophrenia.
- 5-HT2C Agonists Modulate Schizophrenia-Like Behaviors in Mice.
- A Cohort Study of Mortality in Individuals With and Without Schizophrenia After Diagnosis of Lung Cancer.
- A Multicenter, Rater-Blinded, Randomized Controlled Study of Auditory Processing-Focused Cognitive Remediation Combined With Open-Label Lurasidone in Patients With Schizophrenia and Schizoaffective Disorder.
- A Phase II study of a histamine H₃ receptor antagonist GSK239512 for cognitive impairment in stable schizophrenia subjects on antipsychotic therapy.
- A brief cognitive assessment tool for schizophrenia: construction of a tool for clinicians.
- A candidate gene study of Tardive dyskinesia in the CATIE schizophrenia trial.
- A cognitive investigation of schizophrenic delusions.
- A comparison of electronic monitoring vs. clinician rating of antipsychotic adherence in outpatients with schizophrenia.
- A comparison of stigmatizing attitudes toward persons with schizophrenia in four stakeholder groups: perceived likelihood of violence and desire for social distance.
- A fully automated method for tissue segmentation and CSF-correction of proton MRSI metabolites corroborates abnormal hippocampal NAA in schizophrenia.
- A genome-wide investigation of SNPs and CNVs in schizophrenia.
- A longitudinal examination of the psychoeducational, neurocognitive, and psychiatric functioning in children with 22q11.2 deletion syndrome.
- A longitudinal study of neurocognitive function in individuals at-risk for psychosis.
- A multi-scanner study of subcortical brain volume abnormalities in schizophrenia.
- A national study of violent behavior in persons with schizophrenia.
- A new measure of authentic auditory emotion recognition: Application to patients with schizophrenia.
- A pen-and-paper human analogue of a monkey prefrontal cortex activation task: spatial working memory in patients with schizophrenia.
- A pilot study of a structured interview addressing sexual function in men with schizophrenia.
- A pilot study of a weight management program with food provision in schizophrenia.
- A pilot study of assertive community treatment for patients with chronic psychotic disorders.
- A population-based cohort study of premorbid intellectual, language, and behavioral functioning in patients with schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, and nonpsychotic bipolar disorder.
- A quality improvement process for implementing the Texas algorithm for schizophrenia in Ohio.
- A randomized Phase II trial evaluating efficacy, safety, and tolerability of oral BI 409306 in attenuated psychosis syndrome: Design and rationale.
- A randomized clinical trial of MK-0777 for the treatment of cognitive impairments in people with schizophrenia.
- A randomized controlled trial of allopurinol vs. placebo added on to antipsychotics in patients with schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder.
- A randomized trial examining the effectiveness of switching from olanzapine, quetiapine, or risperidone to aripiprazole to reduce metabolic risk: comparison of antipsychotics for metabolic problems (CAMP).
- A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, study of the efficacy and safety of aripiprazole 10, 15 or 20 mg/day for the treatment of patients with acute exacerbations of schizophrenia.
- A randomized, placebo-controlled study investigating the nicotinic α7 agonist, RG3487, for cognitive deficits in schizophrenia.
- A single assessment with the Brief Adherence Rating Scale (BARS) discriminates responders to long-acting injectable antipsychotic treatment in patients with schizophrenia.
- A study of the potential confounding effects of diet, caffeine, nicotine and lorazepam on the stability of plasma and urinary homovanillic acid levels in patients with schizophrenia.
- A summary of the FDA-NIMH-MATRICS workshop on clinical trial design for neurocognitive drugs for schizophrenia.
- A survey of reports of quetiapine-associated hyperglycemia and diabetes mellitus.
- A trial of compliance therapy in outpatients with schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder.
- AKT1 and neurocognition in schizophrenia.
- APOE2 allele increased in tardive dyskinesia.
- Abbreviated neuropsychological assessment in schizophrenia: prediction of different aspects of outcome.
- Abnormal resting regional cerebral blood flow patterns and their correlates in schizophrenia.
- Abnormalities of the corpus callosum in nonpsychotic children with chromosome 22q11 deletion syndrome.
- Accuracy of self-report, biological tests, collateral reports and clinician ratings in identifying substance use disorders among adults with schizophrenia.
- Adherence to antipsychotics and cardiometabolic medication: association with health care utilization and costs.
- Adjunctive Minocycline in Clozapine-Treated Schizophrenia Patients With Persistent Symptoms.
- Aggression and psychopathology in treatment-resistant inpatients with schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder.
- Altered expression of genes involved in GABAergic transmission and neuromodulation of granule cell activity in the cerebellum of schizophrenia patients.
- Altered functional connectivity in psychotic disorder not otherwise specified.
- Altered interactions of tryptophan metabolites in first-episode neuroleptic-naive patients with schizophrenia.
- Alternative Perspectives on Police Encounters and Psychotic Experiences [Invited Commentary on DeVylder et al, "Psychotic Experiences in the Context of Police Victimization"].
- Alternative pathways to violence in persons with schizophrenia: the role of childhood antisocial behavior problems.
- An analysis of cue reactivity among persons with and without schizophrenia who are addicted to cocaine.
- An assessment of the understanding and motivations of patients with schizophrenia about participating in a clinical trial.
- An emerging schizophrenic syndrome.
- An empirical evaluation of the Arizona sexual experience scale and a simple one-item screening test for assessing antipsychotic-related sexual dysfunction in outpatients with schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder.
- An evidence synthesis of care models to improve general medical outcomes for individuals with serious mental illness: a systematic review.
- An open-label trial of quetiapine for antipsychotic-induced sexual dysfunction.
- An overview of the Clinical Antipsychotic Trials of Intervention Effectiveness (CATIE) study.
- Analysing an allelic series of rare missense variants of CACNA1I in a Swedish schizophrenia cohort.
- Anticipated Benefits of Care (ABC): psychometrics and predictive value in psychiatric disorders.
- Anticipating DSM-V: opportunities and challenges for cognition and psychosis.
- Antipsychotic drug effects on brain morphology in first-episode psychosis.
- Antipsychotic drugs and their effects on cognitive function: protocol for a systematic review, pairwise, and network meta-analysis.
- Antipsychotic drugs: comparison in animal models of efficacy, neurotransmitter regulation, and neuroprotection.
- Antipsychotic effects on estimated 10-year coronary heart disease risk in the CATIE schizophrenia study.
- Antipsychotic-induced weight gain and therapeutic response: a differential association.
- Applications of TMS to therapy in psychiatry.
- Approaching a consensus cognitive battery for clinical trials in schizophrenia: the NIMH-MATRICS conference to select cognitive domains and test criteria.
- Aripiprazole: pharmacology, efficacy, safety and tolerability.
- Armodafinil as adjunctive therapy in adults with cognitive deficits associated with schizophrenia: a 4-week, double-blind, placebo-controlled study.
- Assertive community treatment: an update of randomized trials.
- Assessing causal relationships using genetic proxies for exposures: an introduction to Mendelian randomization.
- Assessing clinical and functional outcomes in the Clinical Antipsychotic Trials of Intervention Effectiveness (CATIE) schizophrenia trial.
- Assessing illicit drug use among adults with schizophrenia.
- Assessing instrumental activities of daily living (iADL) with a game-based assessment for individuals with schizophrenia.
- Assessment of four stakeholder groups' preferences concerning outpatient commitment for persons with schizophrenia.
- Association between genetic and socioenvironmental risk for schizophrenia during upbringing in a UK longitudinal cohort.
- Association between genetic variation at the porphobilinogen deaminase gene and schizophrenia.
- Association of an Early Intervention Service for Psychosis With Suicide Rate Among Patients With First-Episode Schizophrenia-Spectrum Disorders.
- Associations between purine metabolites and clinical symptoms in schizophrenia.
- Associations between variants near a monoaminergic pathways gene (PHOX2B) and amygdala reactivity: a genome-wide functional imaging study.
- Asymmetry of rCBF in schizophrenia: relationship to AP-gradient and duration of illness.
- Attention deficits in schizophrenia--preliminary evidence of dissociable transient and sustained deficits.
- Attentional and eye tracking deficits correlate with negative symptoms in schizophrenia.
- Attentional functioning in schizotypal personality disorder.
- Attentional markers of vulnerability to schizophrenia: performance of medicated and unmedicated patients and normals.
- Atypical antipsychotics and pituitary neoplasms in the WHO database.
- Autism, Psychosis, or Both? Unraveling Complex Patient Presentations.
- Autobiographical and episodic memory deficits in schizophrenia: A narrative review and proposed agenda for research.
- Autobiographical memory and the self on the psychosis continuum: investigating their relationship with positive- and negative-like symptoms.
- Barriers to employment for people with schizophrenia.
- Baseline use of concomitant psychotropic medications to treat schizophrenia in the CATIE trial.
- Basic auditory processing deficits and their association with auditory emotion recognition in schizophrenia.
- Bayard Holmes (1852-1924) and Henry Cotton (1869-1933): Surgeon-psychiatrists and their tragic quest to cure schizophrenia.
- Behavioral response inhibition in psychotic disorders: diagnostic specificity, familiality and relation to generalized cognitive deficit.
- Bifactor and item response theory analyses of interviewer report scales of cognitive impairment in schizophrenia.
- Bl-1020, a new γ-aminobutyric acid-enhanced antipsychotic: results of 6-week, randomized, double-blind, controlled, efficacy and safety study.
- Body mass index and future schizophrenia in Israeli male adolescents.
- Brain volumes in psychotic youth with schizophrenia and mood disorders.
- Brief neuroleptic discontinuation and clinical symptoms in Kraepelinian and non-Kraepelinian chronic schizophrenic patients.
- CMINDS does not have identical tests to the CATIE and MATRICS batteries. Commentary on O'Halloran et al.
- COMT158 polymorphism and hostility.
- Can IQ moderate the response to cognitive remediation in people with schizophrenia?
- Can a nonequivalent choice of dosing regimen bias the results of flexible dose double blind trials? The CATIE schizophrenia trial.
- Cannabis use in adolescence and risk for adult psychosis: longitudinal prospective study.
- Catechol O-methyltransferase in red blood cells of schizophrenic, depressed, and normal human subjects.
- Cerebral blood flow responses to inhaled carbon dioxide in schizophrenia.
- Change in metabolic syndrome parameters with antipsychotic treatment in the CATIE Schizophrenia Trial: prospective data from phase 1.
- Changes in cerebral blood flow and mental state after amphetamine challenge in schizophrenic patients.
- Changes in glucose and cholesterol levels in patients with schizophrenia treated with typical or atypical antipsychotics.
- Changes in weight and weight-related quality of life in a multicentre, randomized trial of aripiprazole versus standard of care.
- Characteristics of schizophrenic and depressed patients excluded from clinical research.
- Characteristics of the MATRICS Consensus Cognitive Battery in a 29-site antipsychotic schizophrenia clinical trial.
- Characteristics of very poor outcome schizophrenia.
- Characterization of a Human-Specific Tandem Repeat Associated with Bipolar Disorder and Schizophrenia.
- Childhood IQ and adult mental disorders: a test of the cognitive reserve hypothesis.
- Cholinesterase inhibitors as adjunctive therapy in patients with schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder: a review and meta-analysis of the literature.
- Chronicity and a low anteroposterior gradient of cerebral blood flow in schizophrenia.
- Circadian rhythms in cognitive functioning among patients with schizophrenia: impact on signal detection in clinical trials of potential pro-cognitive therapies.
- Circumstances under which practice does not make perfect: a review of the practice effect literature in schizophrenia and its relevance to clinical treatment studies.
- Clinical and economic impact of newer versus older antipsychotic medications in a community mental health center.
- Clinical characteristics of Kraepelinian schizophrenia: replication and extension of previous findings.
- Clinical correlates of tardive dyskinesia in schizophrenia: baseline data from the CATIE schizophrenia trial.
- Clinical trials of potential cognitive-enhancing drugs in schizophrenia: what have we learned so far?
- Clozapine decreases smoking in patients with chronic schizophrenia.
- Clozapine treatment for suicidality in schizophrenia: International Suicide Prevention Trial (InterSePT).
- Clozapine treatment reverses dizocilpine-induced deficits of pre-pulse inhibition of tactile startle response.
- Clozapine-induced electroencephalogram changes as a function of clozapine serum levels.
- Clues to the cognitive and perceptual origins of social isolation and psychosis in schizophrenia.
- Cognition as an outcome measure in schizophrenia.
- Cognition in schizophrenia: summary Nice Consultation Meeting 2012.
- Cognitive Decline and Disrupted Cognitive Trajectory in Schizophrenia.
- Cognitive Effects of MIN-101 in Patients With Schizophrenia and Negative Symptoms: Results From a Randomized Controlled Trial.
- Cognitive Subtyping in Schizophrenia: A Latent Profile Analysis.
- Cognitive burden of anticholinergic medications in psychotic disorders.
- Cognitive deficits in patients with schizophrenia: effects and treatment.
- Cognitive disparity in schizophrenics with and without cocaine dependency.
- Cognitive effects of antipsychotic drugs in first-episode schizophrenia and schizophreniform disorder: a randomized, open-label clinical trial (EUFEST).
- Cognitive effects of neonatal hippocampal lesions in a rat model of schizophrenia.
- Cognitive function and biological correlates of cognitive performance in schizotypal personality disorder.
- Cognitive functioning in late-life schizophrenia: a comparison of elderly schizophrenic patients and patients with Alzheimer's disease.
- Cognitive functioning in schizophrenia: a consensus statement on its role in the definition and evaluation of effective treatments for the illness.
- Cognitive impairment as a target for pharmacological treatment in schizophrenia.
- Cognitive impairment in schizophrenia.
- Combining gene expression, demographic and clinical data in modeling disease: a case study of bipolar disorder and schizophrenia.
- Common sense, insight, and neuropsychological test performance in schizophrenia patients.
- CommonMind Consortium provides transcriptomic and epigenomic data for Schizophrenia and Bipolar Disorder.
- Community adjustment of older schizophrenics.
- Comparative effect of atypical and conventional antipsychotic drugs on neurocognition in first-episode psychosis: a randomized, double-blind trial of olanzapine versus low doses of haloperidol.
- Comparative efficacy and safety of atypical and conventional antipsychotic drugs in first-episode psychosis: a randomized, double-blind trial of olanzapine versus haloperidol.
- Comparison of adaptive treatment strategies based on longitudinal outcomes in sequential multiple assignment randomized trials.
- Comparison of antipsychotic medication effects on reducing violence in people with schizophrenia.
- Comparison of outcomes for African Americans, Hispanics, and Non-Hispanic Whites in the CATIE study.
- Components and correlates of family burden in schizophrenia.
- Comprehensive model of how reality distortion and symptoms occur in schizophrenia: could impairment in learning-dependent predictive perception account for the manifestations of schizophrenia?
- Comprehensive review of the research employing the schizophrenia cognition rating scale (SCoRS).
- Concealed medicines for people with schizophrenia: a U.S. perspective.
- Consumers' perceptions of the fairness and effectiveness of mandated community treatment and related pressures.
- Continuation of clozapine during chemotherapy: a case report and review of literature.
- Continuity of antipsychotic medication management for Medicaid patients with schizophrenia.
- Continuity of medication management in Medicaid patients with chronic comorbid conditions: An examination by mental health status.
- Control for confounding in case-control studies using the stratification score, a retrospective balancing score.
- Convergent patterns of association between phenylalanine hydroxylase variants and schizophrenia in four independent samples.
- Convergent validity of the Timeline Followback for persons with comorbid psychiatric disorders engaged in residential substance use treatment.
- Converting positive and negative symptom scores between PANSS and SAPS/SANS.
- Convulsive threshold differences in right unilateral and bilateral ECT.
- Correlates of Future Violence in People Being Treated for Schizophrenia.
- Cortical Brain Abnormalities in 4474 Individuals With Schizophrenia and 5098 Control Subjects via the Enhancing Neuro Imaging Genetics Through Meta Analysis (ENIGMA) Consortium.
- Cortical glutamic acid decarboxylase 67 deficiency results in lower cannabinoid 1 receptor messenger RNA expression: implications for schizophrenia.
- Cost-Effectiveness of Long-Acting Injectable Paliperidone Palmitate Versus Haloperidol Decanoate in Maintenance Treatment of Schizophrenia.
- Cost-effectiveness of second-generation antipsychotics and perphenazine in a randomized trial of treatment for chronic schizophrenia.
- Cost-sharing requirements and access to mental health care among medicare enrollees with schizophrenia.
- Course and predictors of weight gain in people with first-episode psychosis treated with olanzapine or haloperidol.
- Covarying structural alterations in laterality of the temporal lobe in schizophrenia: A case for source-based laterality.
- Criminal justice system involvement among people with schizophrenia.
- Criminal victimization of persons with severe mental illness.
- Cross-disorder genomewide analysis of schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and depression.
- Cross-sectional and longitudinal relationships between insight and attitudes toward medication and clinical outcomes in chronic schizophrenia.
- Cumulative Effects of Neighborhood Social Adversity and Personal Crime Victimization on Adolescent Psychotic Experiences.
- Cytokine effects on cortical neuron MAP-2 immunoreactivity: implications for schizophrenia.
- D-amphetamine challenge effects on Wisconsin Card Sort Test. Performance in schizotypal personality disorder.
- Decision-making capacity for research participation among individuals in the CATIE schizophrenia trial.
- Deficits in generalized cognitive ability, visual sensorimotor function, and inhibitory control represent discrete domains of neurobehavioral deficit in psychotic disorders.
- Defining a cognitive function decrement in schizophrenia.
- Demographic and clinical characteristics associated with a history of bizarre delusions in a cross-diagnostic sample of individuals with psychotic disorders.
- Demographics, family history, premorbid functioning, developmental characteristics, and course of patients with deteriorated affective disorder.
- Dentate gyrus volume deficit in schizophrenia.
- Detecting reliable cognitive change in individual patients with the MATRICS Consensus Cognitive Battery.
- Detection of illicit substance use among persons with schizophrenia by radioimmunoassay of hair.
- Determining when impairment constitutes incapacity for informed consent in schizophrenia research.
- Development and psychometric performance of the schizophrenia objective functioning instrument: an interviewer administered measure of function.
- Development of a virtual reality assessment of everyday living skills.
- Development of nicotinic drug therapy for cognitive disorders.
- Development of the Thought Disorder Measure for the Hierarchical Taxonomy of Psychopathology.
- Diagnosis and disposition.
- Diagnostic issues in chronic schizophrenia: kraepelinian schizophrenia, undifferentiated schizophrenia, and state-independent negative symptoms.
- Differential patterns of initial and sustained responses in amygdala and cortical regions to emotional stimuli in schizophrenia patients and healthy participants.
- Diffusion tensor imaging: background, potential, and utility in psychiatric research.
- Dimensional diagnosis and the medical student's grasp of psychiatry.
- Disc1 regulates granule cell migration in the developing hippocampus.
- Disclosing diagnosis, continued.
- Discriminating imagined from perceived information engages brain areas implicated in schizophrenia.
- Disrupted network cross talk, hippocampal dysfunction and hallucinations in schizophrenia.
- Do cannabis use disorders increase medication non-compliance in schizophrenia?: United States Nationwide inpatient cross-sectional study.
- Does fear of coercion keep people away from mental health treatment? Evidence from a survey of persons with schizophrenia and mental health professionals.
- Does sigma receptor antagonism predict clinical antipsychotic efficacy?
- Does switching to a new antipsychotic improve outcomes? Data from the CATIE Trial.
- Dopamine D2 receptor occupancy and cognition in schizophrenia: analysis of the CATIE data.
- Dopaminergic abnormalities in Hdac6-deficient mice.
- Dose-dependent expression of claudin-5 is a modifying factor in schizophrenia.
- Drug and alcohol trajectories among adults with schizophrenia: data from the CATIE study.
- Drugs of the psychopharmacological revolution in clinical psychiatry.
- Duration of illness and treatment effects on hippocampal volume in male patients with schizophrenia.
- Dysregulation of DGCR6 and DGCR6L: psychopathological outcomes in chromosome 22q11.2 deletion syndrome.
- ECT stimulus intensity: are present ECT devices too limited?
- Effect of ECT treatment number on the ictal EEG.
- Effect of the neuroprotective peptide davunetide (AL-108) on cognition and functional capacity in schizophrenia.
- Effectiveness of antipsychotic drugs in patients with chronic schizophrenia.
- Effectiveness of atypical antipsychotic medications in reducing violent behavior among persons with schizophrenia in community-based treatment.
- Effectiveness of atypical antipsychotics for substance use in schizophrenia patients.
- Effectiveness of clozapine versus olanzapine, quetiapine, and risperidone in patients with chronic schizophrenia who did not respond to prior atypical antipsychotic treatment.
- Effectiveness of lurasidone in patients with schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder switched from other antipsychotics: a randomized, 6-week, open-label study.
- Effectiveness of olanzapine, quetiapine, and risperidone in patients with chronic schizophrenia after discontinuing perphenazine: a CATIE study.
- Effectiveness of olanzapine, quetiapine, risperidone, and ziprasidone in patients with chronic schizophrenia following discontinuation of a previous atypical antipsychotic.
- Effectiveness of paliperidone palmitate vs haloperidol decanoate for maintenance treatment of schizophrenia: a randomized clinical trial.
- Effectiveness of second-generation antipsychotics in patients with treatment-resistant schizophrenia: a review and meta-analysis of randomized trials.
- Effectiveness of switching from antipsychotic polypharmacy to monotherapy.
- Effectiveness of switching from long-acting injectable fluphenazine or haloperidol decanoate to long-acting injectable risperidone microspheres: an open-label, randomized controlled trial.
- Effects of Schizophrenia Polygenic Risk Scores on Brain Activity and Performance During Working Memory Subprocesses in Healthy Young Adults.
- Effects of age, medication, and illness duration on the N-acetyl aspartate signal of the anterior cingulate region in schizophrenia.
- Effects of antipsychotic medications on psychosocial functioning in patients with chronic schizophrenia: findings from the NIMH CATIE study.
- Effects of antipsychotic medications on sleep in schizophrenia.
- Effects of atypical antipsychotics on the syndromal profile in treatment-resistant schizophrenia.
- Effects of clozapine on memory function in the rat neonatal hippocampal lesion model of schizophrenia.
- Effects of clozapine, olanzapine, risperidone, and haloperidol on hostility among patients with schizophrenia.
- Effects of davunetide on N-acetylaspartate and choline in dorsolateral prefrontal cortex in patients with schizophrenia.
- Effects of glutamate positive modulators on cognitive deficits in schizophrenia: a systematic review and meta-analysis of double-blind randomized controlled trials.
- Effects of olanzapine, quetiapine, and risperidone on neurocognitive function in early psychosis: a randomized, double-blind 52-week comparison.
- Effects of β-Arrestin-Biased Dopamine D2 Receptor Ligands on Schizophrenia-Like Behavior in Hypoglutamatergic Mice.
- Efficacy and safety of donepezil in patients with schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder: significant placebo/practice effects in a 12-week, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial.
- Efficacy and safety of the novel glycine transporter inhibitor BI 425809 once daily in patients with schizophrenia: a double-blind, randomised, placebo-controlled phase 2 study.
- Efficacy and tolerability of olanzapine, quetiapine, and risperidone in the treatment of early psychosis: a randomized, double-blind 52-week comparison.
- Efficacy of risperidone on positive features of schizophrenia.
- Efficiency of the CATIE and BACS neuropsychological batteries in assessing cognitive effects of antipsychotic treatments in schizophrenia.
- Elaboration on premorbid intellectual performance in schizophrenia: premorbid intellectual decline and risk for schizophrenia.
- Electrocardiogram Characteristics and Their Association With Psychotropic Drugs Among Patients With Schizophrenia.
- Electroconvulsive Therapy and All-Cause Mortality in Texas, 1998-2013.
- Electroconvulsive Therapy in Pregnancy: Safety, Best Practices, and Barriers to Care.
- Electroconvulsive therapy: an update.
- Electronic monitoring of antipsychotic medication adherence in outpatients with schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder: an empirical evaluation of its reliability and predictive validity.
- Elevated antisaccade error rate as an intermediate phenotype for psychosis across diagnostic categories.
- Elevated hematocrit in patients with schizophrenia.
- Elevated prefrontal cortex γ-aminobutyric acid and glutamate-glutamine levels in schizophrenia measured in vivo with proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy.
- Emergency department visits among patients transported by law enforcement officers.
- Empirical assessment of the factorial structure of clinical symptoms in schizophrenia: negative symptoms.
- Empirical assessment of the factorial structure of clinical symptoms in schizophrenic patients: formal thought disorder.
- Empirical evaluation of the factorial structure of clinical symptoms in schizophrenia: effects of typical neuroleptics on the brief psychiatric rating scale.
- Employment outcomes in a randomized trial of second-generation antipsychotics and perphenazine in the treatment of individuals with schizophrenia.
- Epidemiology of late-life mental disorders.
- Establishing the Brief Assessment of Cognition - Short form.
- Estimating suicidality as an outcome measure in clinical trials of suicide in schizophrenia.
- Etiological and clinical features of childhood psychotic symptoms: results from a birth cohort.
- Evaluating how treatment adherence influences cognitive remediation outcomes.
- Evaluation of HLA polymorphisms in relation to schizophrenia risk and infectious exposure.
- Evaluation of a plasticity-based cognitive training program in schizophrenia: Results from the eCaesar trial.
- Evaluation of chromatin accessibility in prefrontal cortex of individuals with schizophrenia.
- Evaluation of the Efficacy, Safety, and Tolerability of BI 409306, a Novel Phosphodiesterase 9 Inhibitor, in Cognitive Impairment in Schizophrenia: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Phase II Trial.
- Evidence for altered cerebellar vermis neuronal integrity in schizophrenia.
- Evidence that altered amygdala activity in schizophrenia is related to clinical state and not genetic risk.
- Examining causal attributions for depression, alcohol use disorder, and schizophrenia in a diverse sample of international students at U.S. universities.
- Examining the relationship between adjunctive psychotherapy use and antipsychotic persistence and hospitalization.
- Exome sequencing followed by large-scale genotyping suggests a limited role for moderately rare risk factors of strong effect in schizophrenia.
- Experimental physiological studies with lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD-25).
- Exploratory investigation of biomarker candidates for suicide in schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.
- Exploring the role of age as a moderator of cognitive remediation for people with schizophrenia.
- Extrapyramidal side-effects of antipsychotics in a randomised trial.
- Eye tracking impairment in clinically identified patients with schizotypal personality disorder.
- Eye tracking, attention, and schizotypal symptoms in nonpsychotic relatives of patients with schizophrenia.
- Eye tracking, schizophrenic symptoms, and schizotypal personality disorder.
- Factor structure of cognitive performance and functional capacity in schizophrenia: Evidence for differences across functional capacity measures.
- Failures in learning-dependent predictive perception as the key cognitive vulnerability to psychosis in schizophrenia.
- Familial schizophrenia and treatment response.
- Feasibility and pilot efficacy results from the multisite Cognitive Remediation in the Schizophrenia Trials Network (CRSTN) randomized controlled trial.
- Feasibility of client reports to measure treatment outcome in schizophrenia.
- Fetal brain development of twins assessed in utero by ultrasound: implications for schizophrenia.
- Fine-granularity functional interaction signatures for characterization of brain conditions.
- First- and second-generation antipsychotics.
- Fractal property of eye movements in schizophrenia.
- Functional co-primary measures for clinical trials in schizophrenia: results from the MATRICS Psychometric and Standardization Study.
- Functional outcomes in schizophrenia.
- Further Advances in Optimizing (2-Phenylcyclopropyl)methylamines as Novel Serotonin 2C Agonists: Effects on Hyperlocomotion, Prepulse Inhibition, and Cognition Models.
- GABA level, gamma oscillation, and working memory performance in schizophrenia.
- GWAS of lifetime cannabis use reveals new risk loci, genetic overlap with psychiatric traits, and a causal influence of schizophrenia.
- Gene-environment interplay and psychopathology: multiple varieties but real effects.
- Genetic contributors to risk of schizophrenia in the presence of a 22q11.2 deletion.
- Genetic correlates of insight in schizophrenia.
- Genetic determinants of variable metabolism have little impact on the clinical use of leading antipsychotics in the CATIE study.
- Genetic relationship between five psychiatric disorders estimated from genome-wide SNPs.
- Genetics and the geography of health, behaviour and attainment.
- Genome Analyses of >200,000 Individuals Identify 58 Loci for Chronic Inflammation and Highlight Pathways that Link Inflammation and Complex Disorders.
- Genome-Wide Association Study Meta-Analysis of the Alcohol Use Disorders Identification Test (AUDIT) in Two Population-Based Cohorts.
- Genome-wide Association Meta-analysis of Childhood and Adolescent Internalizing Symptoms.
- Genome-wide association analyses identify 44 risk variants and refine the genetic architecture of major depression.
- Genome-wide association study accounting for anticholinergic burden to examine cognitive dysfunction in psychotic disorders.
- Genome-wide association study of treatment refractory schizophrenia in Han Chinese.
- Genome-wide pharmacogenomic study of neurocognition as an indicator of antipsychotic treatment response in schizophrenia.
- Genomewide pharmacogenomic study of metabolic side effects to antipsychotic drugs.
- Glutamate and nicotinic receptor interactions in working memory: importance for the cognitive impairment of schizophrenia.
- HHV-6 and Schizophrenia: An Unusual Presentation or an Unproven Etiology?
- Haase hermeneutics, or, the exegesis of the neuroleptic threshold.
- Haloperidol increases smoking in patients with schizophrenia.
- Heritability of functioning in families with schizophrenia in relation to neurocognition.
- Heterogeneity of Treatment Effects of Long-Acting Injectable Antipsychotic Medications.
- Hierarchical temporal processing deficit model of reality distortion and psychoses.
- High frequency EEG activity during sleep: characteristics in schizophrenia and depression.
- High-dose oral ziprasidone versus conventional dosing in schizophrenia patients with residual symptoms: the ZEBRAS study.
- High-frequency prefrontal repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation for the negative symptoms of schizophrenia: a case series.
- High-performance liquid chromatography of haloperidol in serum at the concentrations achieved during chronic therapy.
- Homeostatic imbalance of purine catabolism in first-episode neuroleptic-naïve patients with schizophrenia.
- Hospitalized schizophrenic patient views about seclusion.
- How should DSM-V criteria for schizophrenia include cognitive impairment?
- How specific are negative symptoms and cognitive impairment in schizophrenia? An analysis of PANSS and SCoRS.
- IQ scores of treatment-resistant schizophrenia patients before and after the onset of the illness.
- Identifying at risk nursing home residents using a polydipsia screening tool
- Identifying nootropic drug targets via large-scale cognitive GWAS and transcriptomics.
- Imaging frontostriatal function in ultra-high-risk, early, and chronic schizophrenia during executive processing.
- Impact of antipsychotic medication on family burden in schizophrenia: longitudinal results of CATIE trial.
- Impact of antipsychotic treatment on nonfasting triglycerides in the CATIE Schizophrenia Trial phase 1.
- Impact of neuroleptic medications on continuous performance test measures in schizophrenia.
- Impact of obesity on health-related quality of life in schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.
- Impact of olanzapine or risperidone treatment on insulin sensitivity in schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder.
- Impact of psychiatric comorbidity in individuals at Ultra High Risk of psychosis - Findings from the Longitudinal Youth at Risk Study (LYRIKS).
- Impact of second-generation antipsychotics and perphenazine on depressive symptoms in a randomized trial of treatment for chronic schizophrenia.
- Impaired Context Processing is Attributable to Global Neuropsychological Impairment in Schizophrenia and Psychotic Bipolar Disorder.
- Impaired hippocampal-dependent memory and reduced parvalbumin-positive interneurons in a ketamine mouse model of schizophrenia.
- Impaired plasmalogens in patients with schizophrenia.
- Implementation considerations for multisite clinical trials with cognitive neuroscience tasks.
- Implementation of the Texas Medication Algorithm Project patient and family education program.
- In the eye of the beholder: Perceptions of neighborhood adversity and psychotic experiences in adolescence.
- Increased morbid risk for schizophrenia-related disorders in relatives of schizotypal personality disordered patients.
- Increased prevalence of falls among elderly individuals with mental health and substance abuse conditions.
- Inflammatory markers in schizophrenia: comparing antipsychotic effects in phase 1 of the clinical antipsychotic trials of intervention effectiveness study.
- Influence of Criminal Justice Involvement and Psychiatric Diagnoses on Treatment Costs Among Adults With Serious Mental Illness.
- Initial level of care and clinical status in a managed mental health program.
- Insight about psychosis among outpatients with schizophrenia.
- Insight in schizophrenia and mania.
- Insomnia is frequent in schizophrenia and associated with night eating and obesity.
- Integrated genetic and genomic approach in the SingaporeTranslational and Clinical Research in Psychosis Study: an overview.
- Interpersonal trauma, war zone exposure, and posttraumatic stress disorder among veterans with schizophrenia.
- Interrelationships of psychiatric symptom severity, medical comorbidity, and functioning in schizophrenia.
- Interview-based assessment of cognition in schizophrenia: applicability of the Schizophrenia Cognition Rating Scale (SCoRS) in different phases of illness and settings of care.
- Interview-based assessment of cognition is a strong predictor of quality of life in patients with schizophrenia and severe negative symptoms.
- Introduction to the CATIE special section.
- Introduction to the special section on CATIE baseline data: practical clinical trials in psychiatry: studies of schizophrenia from the CATIE network.
- Investigation of NRXN1 deletions: clinical and molecular characterization.
- Issues and perspectives in designing clinical trials for negative symptoms in schizophrenia.
- Itemized clinician ratings versus global ratings of symptom severity in patients with schizophrenia.
- Joint analysis of psychiatric disorders increases accuracy of risk prediction for schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and major depressive disorder.
- Ketamine ("Ketalar"): a safer anaesthetic for ECT.
- Ketamine potentiates oxidative stress and influences behavior and inflammation in response to lipolysaccharide (LPS) exposure in early life.
- Key updates in the clinical application of electroconvulsive therapy.
- Kraepelinian schizophrenia: a subgroup of schizophrenia?
- L-dopa challenge and relapse in schizophrenia.
- Lamotrigine as add-on therapy in schizophrenia: results of 2 placebo-controlled trials.
- Large eQTL meta-analysis reveals differing patterns between cerebral cortical and cerebellar brain regions.
- Largest GWAS of PTSD (N=20 070) yields genetic overlap with schizophrenia and sex differences in heritability.
- Latent Profile Analysis and Conversion to Psychosis: Characterizing Subgroups to Enhance Risk Prediction.
- Latent class analysis of discordance between results of drug use assessments in the CATIE data.
- Latent structure of cognition in schizophrenia: a confirmatory factor analysis of the MATRICS Consensus Cognitive Battery (MCCB).
- Letter to the editor: Critique of Bahorik et al. (2013)--'Under-reporting of drug use among individuals with schizophrenia: prevalence and predictors'.
- Lifetime comorbidity, lifetime history of psychosis and suicide attempts, and current symptoms of patients with deteriorated affective disorder.
- Limbic circuits and neuropsychiatric disorders. Functional anatomy and neuroimaging findings.
- Linkage analysis of schizophrenia in African-American families.
- Long-acting risperidone vs. placebo in the treatment of hospital inpatients with schizophrenia.
- Longitudinal consent-related abilities among research participants with schizophrenia: results from the CATIE study.
- Low rates of treatment for hypertension, dyslipidemia and diabetes in schizophrenia: data from the CATIE schizophrenia trial sample at baseline.
- MRI changes in schizophrenia in late life: a preliminary controlled study.
- MRI scans in patients with tardive dyskinesia.
- Machine learning approach to measurement of criticism: The core dimension of expressed emotion.
- Mapping genomic loci implicates genes and synaptic biology in schizophrenia.
- Measurements of plasma homovanillic acid in schizophrenic patients.
- Measures and predictors of community-based employment and earnings of persons with schizophrenia in a multisite study.
- Measuring memory-prediction errors and their consequences in youth at risk for schizophrenia.
- Medication adherence and long-term functional outcomes in the treatment of schizophrenia in usual care.
- Medication preferences and adherence among individuals with severe mental illness and psychiatric advance directives.
- Medication treatment for the severely and persistently mentally ill: the Texas Medication Algorithm Project.
- Medication-Assisted Treatment for Alcohol-Dependent Adults With Serious Mental Illness and Criminal Justice Involvement: Effects on Treatment Utilization and Outcomes.
- Memory-prediction errors and their consequences in schizophrenia.
- Mental health care from the public perspective: the Texas Medication Algorithm Project.
- Meta-Modal Information Flow: A Method for Capturing Multimodal Modular Disconnectivity in Schizophrenia.
- Meta-analysis of GWAS of over 16,000 individuals with autism spectrum disorder highlights a novel locus at 10q24.32 and a significant overlap with schizophrenia.
- Metabolic dysfunctions in the kynurenine pathway, noradrenergic and purine metabolism in schizophrenia and bipolar disorders.
- Metabolic profiling of patients with schizophrenia.
- Metabolomic mapping of atypical antipsychotic effects in schizophrenia.
- Metabolomics tools for identifying biomarkers for neuropsychiatric diseases.
- Metformin for weight loss and metabolic control in overweight outpatients with schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder.
- Methodological issues in negative symptom trials.
- Methylomic analysis of monozygotic twins discordant for childhood psychotic symptoms.
- Microvascular abnormality in schizophrenia as shown by retinal imaging.
- Mild ventriculomegaly detected in utero with ultrasound: clinical associations and implications for schizophrenia.
- Monoaminergic dysregulation in glutathione-deficient mice: possible relevance to schizophrenia?
- Multimodal Fusion With Reference: Searching for Joint Neuromarkers of Working Memory Deficits in Schizophrenia.
- Multimodal neuromarkers in schizophrenia via cognition-guided MRI fusion.
- NAAG peptidase inhibition reduces locomotor activity and some stereotypes in the PCP model of schizophrenia via group II mGluR.
- NCAM1 and neurocognition in schizophrenia.
- Neighborhood structural characteristics and mental disorder: Faris and Dunham revisited.
- Neural bases of different cognitive strategies for facial affect processing in schizophrenia.
- Neural correlates of automatic and controlled auditory processing in schizophrenia.
- Neuroactive steroids are altered in schizophrenia and bipolar disorder: relevance to pathophysiology and therapeutics.
- Neurocognitive assessment in the Clinical Antipsychotic Trials of Intervention Effectiveness (CATIE) project schizophrenia trial: development, methodology, and rationale.
- Neurocognitive correlates of the COMT Val(158)Met polymorphism in chronic schizophrenia.
- Neurocognitive effects of antipsychotic medications in patients with chronic schizophrenia in the CATIE Trial.
- Neurogranin, Encoded by the Schizophrenia Risk Gene NRGN, Bidirectionally Modulates Synaptic Plasticity via Calmodulin-Dependent Regulation of the Neuronal Phosphoproteome.
- Neuroimaging for psychotherapy research: current trends.
- Neuronal and glial 3D chromatin architecture informs the cellular etiology of brain disorders.
- Neuropsychological correlates of central monoamine function in chronic schizophrenia: relationship between CSF metabolites and cognitive function.
- Neuropsychological course in the prodrome and first episode of psychosis: findings from the PRIME North America Double Blind Treatment Study.
- Neuropsychological decline in schizophrenia from the premorbid to the postonset period: evidence from a population-representative longitudinal study.
- Neuropsychological functioning as a moderator of the relationship between psychosocial functioning and the subjective experience of self and life in schizophrenia.
- Neuropsychological impairments in schizophrenia and psychotic bipolar disorder: findings from the Bipolar-Schizophrenia Network on Intermediate Phenotypes (B-SNIP) study.
- Neuropsychological profile in adult schizophrenia measured with the CMINDS.
- Neuropsychological status of subjects at high risk for a first episode of psychosis.
- Neuropsychology of the prodrome to psychosis in the NAPLS consortium: relationship to family history and conversion to psychosis.
- Nicotine decreases bradykinesia-rigidity in haloperidol-treated patients with schizophrenia.
- Nicotine interactions with haloperidol, clozapine and risperidone and working memory function in rats.
- Nicotine-haloperidol interactions and cognitive performance in schizophrenics.
- Nicotinic effects on cognitive function: behavioral characterization, pharmacological specification, and anatomic localization.
- Nicotinic interactions with antipsychotic drugs, models of schizophrenia and impacts on cognitive function.
- Nicotinic treatment for cognitive dysfunction.
- Nicotinic-antipsychotic drug interactions and cognitive function.
- No association of the serotonin transporter polymorphisms 5-HTTLPR and RS25531 with schizophrenia or neurocognition.
- Normal smooth pursuit eye movements in volunteer subjects meeting schizotypal personality disorder criteria.
- Norms and standardization of the Brief Assessment of Cognition in Schizophrenia (BACS).
- Observable Social Cognition--A Rating Scale: an interview-based assessment for schizophrenia.
- Obsessive compulsive symptoms in schizophrenia: frequency and clinical features.
- Olanzapine in refractory schizophrenia after failure of typical or atypical antipsychotic treatment: an open-label switch study.
- Olanzapine on trial.
- On Thoughts, Threats, and Throwing the Spear.
- On sample size calculation based on odds ratio in clinical trials.
- One-year double-blind study of the neurocognitive efficacy of olanzapine, risperidone, and haloperidol in schizophrenia.
- Ophthalmology issues in schizophrenia.
- Optimal dose of neuroleptic in acute schizophrenia. A controlled study of the neuroleptic threshold and higher haloperidol dose.
- Optimization of a multinomial model for investigating hallucinations and delusions with source monitoring.
- Optimizing outcome with antipsychotic treatment in first-episode schizophrenia: balancing efficacy and side effects.
- Overconfidence in false autobiographical memories in patients with schizophrenia.
- PCM1 is necessary for focal ciliary integrity and is a candidate for severe schizophrenia.
- Partial REM sleep deprivation, schizophrenia and field articulation.
- Patient-Informed Treatment Development of Behavioral Smoking Cessation for People With Schizophrenia.
- Patients' Preferences Related to Benefits, Risks, and Formulations of Schizophrenia Treatment.
- Patterns of justice involvement among adults with schizophrenia and bipolar disorder: key risk factors.
- Perceived burden and family functioning among informal caregivers of individuals living with schizophrenia in Tanzania: a cross-sectional study.
- Performance and interview-based assessments of cognitive change in a randomized, double-blind comparison of lurasidone vs. ziprasidone.
- Performance of nonpsychotic relatives of schizophrenic patients on cognitive tests.
- Performance of patients with schizophrenia on a pen and paper visuospatial working memory task with short delay.
- Persistent infection with neurotropic herpes viruses and cognitive impairment.
- Pharmacogenetics of antipsychotic response in the CATIE trial: a candidate gene analysis.
- Pharmacological management of first-episode schizophrenia and related nonaffective psychoses.
- Pharmacometabolomics: implications for clinical pharmacology and systems pharmacology.
- Pharmacotherapy of impaired affect in recovering schizophrenic patients.
- Phase 2 Trial of an Alpha-7 Nicotinic Receptor Agonist (TC-5619) in Negative and Cognitive Symptoms of Schizophrenia.
- Physiologic impairment of olfactory stimulus processing in schizophrenia.
- Placebo Response and Practice Effects in Schizophrenia Cognition Trials.
- Plasma dexamethasone concentrations and the dexamethasone suppression test.
- Platelet alpha 2-adrenergic receptors in schizophrenic patients before and after phenothiazine treatment.
- Platelet alpha-2-adrenergic dysfunction in negative symptom schizophrenia: a preliminary study.
- Platelet monoamine oxidase activity in schizophrenia.
- Pleiotropic Meta-Analysis of Cognition, Education, and Schizophrenia Differentiates Roles of Early Neurodevelopmental and Adult Synaptic Pathways.
- Polydipsia screening tool
- Polygenic risk for schizophrenia and measured domains of cognition in individuals with psychosis and controls.
- Polygenic risk score, genome-wide association, and gene set analyses of cognitive domain deficits in schizophrenia.
- Polygenic transmission disequilibrium confirms that common and rare variation act additively to create risk for autism spectrum disorders.
- Polypharmacy in pregnant women with major psychiatric illness: a pilot study.
- Polysensoriality and Aesthetics: The Lived Sensory Experiences of Adults with Mental Illness.
- Positron emission tomography in neuropsychiatry.
- Predicting Schizophrenia.
- Predicting suicidal risk in schizophrenic and schizoaffective patients in a prospective two-year trial.
- Predictors of antipsychotic medication adherence in patients recovering from a first psychotic episode.
- Predictors of antipsychotic treatment response in patients with first-episode schizophrenia, schizoaffective and schizophreniform disorders.
- Predictors of therapeutic response to haloperidol in acute schizophrenia.
- Predictors of treatment discontinuation and medication nonadherence in patients recovering from a first episode of schizophrenia, schizophreniform disorder, or schizoaffective disorder: a randomized, double-blind, flexible-dose, multicenter study.
- Pregnenolone as a novel therapeutic candidate in schizophrenia: emerging preclinical and clinical evidence.
- Pregnenolone rescues schizophrenia-like behavior in dopamine transporter knockout mice.
- Premorbid behavioral and intellectual functioning in schizophrenia patients with poor response to treatment with antipsychotic drugs.
- Premorbid sociosexual functioning and long-term outcome in schizophrenia.
- Prevalence of baseline lipid monitoring in patients prescribed second-generation antipsychotics during their index hospitalization: a retrospective cohort study.
- Prevalence of celiac disease and gluten sensitivity in the United States clinical antipsychotic trials of intervention effectiveness study population.
- Prevalence of the metabolic syndrome in patients with schizophrenia: baseline results from the Clinical Antipsychotic Trials of Intervention Effectiveness (CATIE) schizophrenia trial and comparison with national estimates from NHANES III.
- Principal components of heritability from neurocognitive domains differ between families with schizophrenia and control subjects.
- Project among African-Americans to explore risks for schizophrenia (PAARTNERS): recruitment and assessment methods.
- Prolactin levels in schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder patients treated with clozapine, olanzapine, risperidone, or haloperidol.
- Prolactin-related and metabolic adverse effects of atypical antipsychotic agents.
- Proof-of-concept randomized controlled trial of pregnenolone in schizophrenia.
- Proof-of-concept trial with the neurosteroid pregnenolone targeting cognitive and negative symptoms in schizophrenia.
- Psychiatric disorders. A rural/urban comparison.
- Psychiatric healthcare resource utilization following initiation of aripiprazole once-monthly: a retrospective real-world study.
- Psychiatrists' judgments about antipsychotic benefit and risk outcomes and formulation in schizophrenia treatment.
- Psychological morbidity of Thai families of a person with schizophrenia.
- Psychometric characteristics of the MATRICS Consensus Cognitive Battery in a large pooled cohort of stable schizophrenia patients.
- Psychoneuroendocrinology of schizophrenia.
- Psychopharmacology curriculum field test.
- Psychosocial factors in the neurobiology of schizophrenia: a selective review.
- Psychotic experiences and risk of death in the general population: 24-27 year follow-up of the Epidemiologic Catchment Area study.
- Racial Disparities in the Administration of ECT in Texas, 1998-2013.
- Randomized Trial of the Effect of Four Second-Generation Antipsychotics and One First-Generation Antipsychotic on Cigarette Smoking, Alcohol, and Drug Use in Chronic Schizophrenia.
- Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study of Encenicline, an α7 Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor Agonist, as a Treatment for Cognitive Impairment in Schizophrenia.
- Reading problems, psychiatric disorders, and functional impairment from mid- to late adolescence.
- Readmission Patterns and Effectiveness of Transitional Care Among Medicaid Patients With Schizophrenia and Medical Comorbidity.
- Reasons for discontinuation and continuation of antipsychotics in the treatment of schizophrenia from patient and clinician perspectives.
- Reducing barriers to completing psychiatric advance directives.
- Reducing violence risk in persons with schizophrenia: olanzapine versus risperidone.
- Reduction of synapsin III in the prefrontal cortex of individuals with schizophrenia.
- Refining phenotype characterization in genetic linkage studies of schizophrenia.
- Refining the latent structure of neuropsychological performance in schizophrenia.
- Regressing to Prior Response Preference After Set Switching Implicates Striatal Dysfunction Across Psychotic Disorders: Findings From the B-SNIP Study.
- Relating Intrinsic Low-Frequency BOLD Cortical Oscillations to Cognition in Schizophrenia.
- Relationship of cognition and psychopathology to functional impairment in schizophrenia.
- Relationship of low vitamin D status with positive, negative and cognitive symptom domains in people with first-episode schizophrenia.
- Relationships among neurocognition, symptoms and functioning in patients with schizophrenia: a path-analytic approach for associations at baseline and following 24 weeks of antipsychotic drug therapy.
- Reliabilities and intercorrelations of reported and objective measures of smoking in patients with schizophrenia.
- Reliability, validity and treatment sensitivity of the Schizophrenia Cognition Rating Scale.
- Religious coping and quality of life among individuals living with schizophrenia.
- Report from the working group conference on multisite trial design for cognitive remediation in schizophrenia.
- Report on ISCTM Consensus Meeting on Clinical Assessment of Response to Treatment of Cognitive Impairment in Schizophrenia.
- Reproducibility probability in clinical trials.
- Response to Bora.
- Resting-state brain function in schizophrenia and psychotic bipolar probands and their first-degree relatives.
- Resting-state thalamic dysconnectivity in schizophrenia and relationships with symptoms.
- Results of phase 3 of the CATIE schizophrenia trial.
- Revised PORT recommendations.
- Risks versus benefits of different types of long-acting injectable antipsychotics.
- Risperidone decreases craving and relapses in individuals with schizophrenia and cocaine dependence.
- Role of glutamic acid decarboxylase 67 in regulating cortical parvalbumin and GABA membrane transporter 1 expression: implications for schizophrenia.
- Schizophrenia is a cognitive illness: time for a change in focus.
- Schizophrenia is a disorder of higher order hierarchical processing.
- Schizophrenia polygenic risk score predicts mnemonic hippocampal activity.
- Schizophrenia, drug therapy, and monitoring.
- Schizophrenia, narrative, and neurocognition: The utility of life-stories in understanding social problem-solving skills.
- Schizophrenia-like GABAergic gene expression deficits in cerebellar Golgi cells from rats chronically exposed to low-dose phencyclidine.
- Science and recovery in schizophrenia.
- Scopolamine sleep treatment in private practise.
- Seizures terminable and interminable with ECT.
- Self-reported sleep disturbances associated with procedural learning impairment in adolescents at ultra-high risk for psychosis.
- Severe hyperglycemia associated with high doses of clozapine.
- Severity of symptoms in chronically institutionalized geriatric schizophrenic patients.
- Sexual dysfunction associated with second-generation antipsychotics in outpatients with schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder: an empirical evaluation of olanzapine, risperidone, and quetiapine.
- Sexual functioning associated with quetiapine switch vs. risperidone continuation in outpatients with schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder: a randomized double-blind pilot trial.
- Shared genetic risk between eating disorder- and substance-use-related phenotypes: Evidence from genome-wide association studies.
- Single-voxel 1H PRESS at 4.0 T: precision and variability of measurements in anterior cingulate and hippocampus.
- Slow-wave activity during non-REM sleep in men with schizophrenia and major depressive disorders.
- Smoking and therapeutic response to clozapine in patients with schizophrenia.
- Social functioning in urban, predominantly African American, socially disadvantaged patients with first-episode nonaffective psychosis.
- Source monitoring deficits in patients with schizophrenia; a multinomial modelling analysis.
- Source monitoring improvement in patients with schizophrenia receiving antipsychotic medications.
- Source-monitoring deficits for self-generated stimuli in schizophrenia: multinomial modeling of data from three sources.
- Spanish validation of the Brief Assessment in Cognition in Schizophrenia (BACS) in patients with schizophrenia and healthy controls.
- Specificity of childhood psychotic symptoms for predicting schizophrenia by 38 years of age: a birth cohort study.
- Spectral and topographic analysis of EEG in schizophrenic patients.
- Spirituality and religion in outpatients with schizophrenia: a multi-site comparative study of Switzerland, Canada, and the United States.
- Stage-Specific Brain Aging in First-Episode Schizophrenia and Treatment-Resistant Schizophrenia.
- Standardizing the use of the Continuous Performance Test in schizophrenia research: a validation study.
- Static and dynamic cognitive deficits in childhood preceding adult schizophrenia: a 30-year study.
- Stigma and treatment delay in first-episode psychosis: a grounded theory study.
- Storm clouds over the public mental health safety net.
- Stratification-score matching improves correction for confounding by population stratification in case-control association studies.
- Structured lifestyle education to support weight loss for people with schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder and first episode psychosis: the STEPWISE RCT.
- Studies of cognitive change in patients with schizophrenia following novel antipsychotic treatment.
- Substance use and mental diagnoses among adults with and without type 2 diabetes: Results from electronic health records data.
- Substance use and psychosocial functioning in schizophrenia among new enrollees in the NIMH CATIE study.
- Substance use and schizophrenia: adverse correlates in the CATIE study sample.
- Substance use in persons with schizophrenia: baseline prevalence and correlates from the NIMH CATIE study.
- Suggestive association between the C825T polymorphism of the G-protein beta3 subunit gene (GNB3) and clinical improvement with antipsychotics in schizophrenia.
- Supervised multimodal fusion and its application in searching joint neuromarkers of working memory deficits in schizophrenia.
- Sweet the sound. Music in medicine.
- Symptom profiles of psychiatric disorders based on graded disease classes: an illustration using data from the WHO International Pilot Study of Schizophrenia.
- Symptom-based patient stratification in mental illness using clinical notes.
- Taking the wrong drugs: the role of substance abuse and medication noncompliance in violence among severely mentally ill individuals.
- Test-retest reliability of the dot test of visuospatial working memory in patients with schizophrenia and controls.
- Texas Medication Algorithm Project, phase 3 (TMAP-3): rationale and study design.
- Texas Medication Algorithm Project: definitions, rationale, and methods to develop medication algorithms.
- The Brief Adherence Rating Scale (BARS) validated against electronic monitoring in assessing the antipsychotic medication adherence of outpatients with schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder.
- The Brief Assessment of Cognition in Schizophrenia: reliability, sensitivity, and comparison with a standard neurocognitive battery.
- The Clinical Antipsychotic Trials Of Intervention Effectiveness (CATIE) Schizophrenia Trial: clinical comparison of subgroups with and without the metabolic syndrome.
- The Cognitive Assessment Interview (CAI): development and validation of an empirically derived, brief interview-based measure of cognition.
- The Cognitive Assessment Interview (CAI): reliability and validity of a brief interview-based measure of cognition.
- The FDA-NIMH-MATRICS guidelines for clinical trial design of cognitive-enhancing drugs: what do we know 5 years later?
- The Function Biomedical Informatics Research Network Data Repository.
- The Genetics of Endophenotypes of Neurofunction to Understand Schizophrenia (GENUS) consortium: A collaborative cognitive and neuroimaging genetics project.
- The History of Coordinated Specialty Care for Early Intervention in Psychosis in the United States: A Review of Effectiveness, Implementation, and Fidelity.
- The Impact of Medication Anticholinergic Burden on Cognitive Performance in People With Schizophrenia.
- The MATRICS Consensus Cognitive Battery, part 1: test selection, reliability, and validity.
- The MATRICS Consensus Cognitive Battery, part 2: co-norming and standardization.
- The MCCB impairment profile for schizophrenia outpatients: results from the MATRICS psychometric and standardization study.
- The National Institute of Mental Health Clinical Antipsychotic Trials of Intervention Effectiveness (CATIE) project: schizophrenia trial design and protocol development.
- The Role of Cognition and Social Functioning as Predictors in the Transition to Psychosis for Youth With Attenuated Psychotic Symptoms.
- The SNAP-25 gene may be associated with clinical response and weight gain in antipsychotic treatment of schizophrenia.
- The Schizophrenia Cognition Rating Scale: an interview-based assessment and its relationship to cognition, real-world functioning, and functional capacity.
- The Schizophrenia Cognition Rating Scale: validation of an interview-based assessment of cognitive functioning in Asian patients with schizophrenia.
- The Singapore flagship programme in translational and clinical research in psychosis.
- The Texas Medication Algorithm Project (TMAP) schizophrenia algorithms.
- The Texas Medication Algorithm Project Patient and Family Education Program: a consumer-guided initiative.
- The Texas Medication Algorithm Project antipsychotic algorithm for schizophrenia: 2003 update.
- The Texas Medication Algorithm Project antipsychotic algorithm for schizophrenia: 2006 update.
- The Texas Medication Algorithm Project: development and implementation of the schizophrenia algorithm.
- The Texas medication algorithm project: clinical results for schizophrenia.
- The association between weight change and symptom reduction in the CATIE schizophrenia trial.
- The boundaries of schizophrenia.
- The continuous performance test, identical pairs: norms, reliability and performance in healthy controls and patients with schizophrenia in Singapore.
- The costs of schizophrenia.
- The effectiveness of antipsychotic medications in patients who use or avoid illicit substances: results from the CATIE study.
- The effects of antipsychotic medications on emotion perception in patients with chronic schizophrenia in the CATIE trial.
- The effects of atypical antipsychotic drugs on neurocognitive impairment in schizophrenia: a review and meta-analysis.
- The effects of race and criminal justice involvement on access to atypical antipsychotic medications among persons with schizophrenia.
- The efficacy of olanzapine for decreasing cue-elicited craving in individuals with schizophrenia and cocaine dependence: a preliminary report.
- The expert consensus guideline series: adherence problems in patients with serious and persistent mental illness.
- The first clinical study of BW-234U in schizophrenia.
- The identification of psychiatric illness by primary care physicians: the effect of patient gender.
- The impact of eszopiclone on sleep and cognition in patients with schizophrenia and insomnia: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial.
- The impact of obesity on health care costs among persons with schizophrenia.
- The impact of posttraumatic stress disorder on quality of life and health service utilization among veterans who have schizophrenia.
- The importance of early treatment of schizophrenia.
- The importance of nicotinic acetylcholine receptors in schizophrenia, bipolar disorder and Tourette's syndrome.
- The influence of emotional distraction on verbal working memory: an fMRI investigation comparing individuals with schizophrenia and healthy adults.
- The inhibition of the kynurenine pathway prevents behavioral disturbances and oxidative stress in the brain of adult rats subjected to an animal model of schizophrenia.
- The international suicide prevention trial (interSePT): rationale and design of a trial comparing the relative ability of clozapine and olanzapine to reduce suicidal behavior in schizophrenia and schizoaffective patients.
- The intricate link between violence and mental disorder: results from the National Epidemiologic Survey on Alcohol and Related Conditions.
- The ketogenic diet and remission of psychotic symptoms in schizophrenia: Two case studies.
- The longitudinal course of cognitive impairment in schizophrenia: an examination of data from premorbid through posttreatment phases of illness.
- The neuregulin 1 promoter polymorphism rs6994992 is not associated with chronic schizophrenia or neurocognition.
- The period of untreated psychosis before treatment initiation: a qualitative study of family members' perspectives.
- The psychiatric use of electrically induced seizures.
- The relationship between negative symptom subdomains and cognition.
- The relationship between serum prolactin level and sexual functioning among male outpatients with schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder: a randomized double-blind trial of risperidone vs. quetiapine.
- The relationship of the Brief Assessment of Cognition in Schizophrenia (BACS) to functional capacity and real-world functional outcome.
- The role of nuclear magnetic resonance imaging in psychiatric research.
- The severely mentally ill in general hospital psychiatric units.
- The targets of violence committed by young offenders with alcohol dependence, marijuana dependence and schizophrenia-spectrum disorders: findings from a birth cohort.
- The use of ECT within the Veterans Administration hospital system.
- Theta Burst for Cognitive Remediation in Schizophrenia: A Case Series and Feasibility Study.
- Time to discontinuation of atypical versus typical antipsychotics in the naturalistic treatment of schizophrenia.
- Time-lapse mapping of cortical changes in schizophrenia with different treatments.
- Tobacco use and cessation in psychiatric disorders: National Institute of Mental Health report.
- Transcranial magnetic stimulation: a neuroscientific probe of cortical function in schizophrenia.
- Transcriptome analysis of cortical tissue reveals shared sets of downregulated genes in autism and schizophrenia.
- Transcriptome-wide association study of schizophrenia and chromatin activity yields mechanistic disease insights.
- Treatment Outcomes of a Multi-Component Mobile Health Smoking Cessation Pilot Intervention for People with Schizophrenia.
- Treatment outcomes of patients with tardive dyskinesia and chronic schizophrenia.
- Treatment participation and medication adherence: effects on criminal justice costs of persons with mental illness.
- Treatments for schizophrenia: a critical review of pharmacology and mechanisms of action of antipsychotic drugs.
- Trends in cannabis use prior to first presentation with schizophrenia, in South-East London between 1965 and 1999.
- Twin studies of psychopathology: why do the concordance rates vary?
- Understanding symbol coding in schizophrenia.
- Unirhinal olfactory function in schizophrenia patients and first-degree relatives.
- Unitary construct of generalized cognitive ability underlying BACS performance across psychotic disorders and in their first-degree relatives.
- Unraveling interrelationships among psychopathology symptoms, cognitive domains and insight dimensions in chronic schizophrenia.
- Unraveling the relationship between obesity, schizophrenia and cognition.
- Urinary excretion of biopterin and neopterin in psychiatric disorders.
- Use of ECT in the United States in 1975, 1980, and 1986.
- Use of Expert Consultation in a Complex Case of Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome Requiring Electroconvulsive Therapy.
- Using common genetic variation to examine phenotypic expression and risk prediction in 22q11.2 deletion syndrome.
- Using discriminant function analysis with clinical, demographic and historical variables to diagnose schizophrenia.
- Using the NIH Research, Condition and Disease Categorization Database for research advocacy: Schizophrenia research at NIMH as an example.
- Validation of a Computerized test of Functional Capacity.
- Validation of a clinician questionnaire to assess reasons for antipsychotic discontinuation and continuation among patients with schizophrenia.
- Validation of the German version of the brief assessment of cognition in Schizophrenia (BACS) - preliminary results.
- Validation of the Persian version of the Schizophrenia Cognition Rating Scale (SCoRS) in patients with schizophrenia.
- Validation of the Persian version of the brief assessment of cognition in schizophrenia in patients with schizophrenia and healthy controls.
- Validation of the tablet-administered Brief Assessment of Cognition (BAC App).
- Validity and reliability of the Brazilian Portuguese version of the BACS (Brief Assessment of Cognition in Schizophrenia).
- Validity of electronically monitored medication adherence and conventional adherence measures in schizophrenia.
- Variation in DISC1 affects hippocampal structure and function and increases risk for schizophrenia.
- Variation in GRM3 affects cognition, prefrontal glutamate, and risk for schizophrenia.
- Ventricular enlargement in poor-outcome schizophrenia.
- Virtual reality assessment of functional capacity in people with Schizophrenia: Associations with reduced emotional experience and prediction of functional outcomes.
- Virtual reality assessment of functional capacity in the early course of schizophrenia: Associations with cognitive performance and daily functioning.
- Visual hallucinations are associated with hyperconnectivity between the amygdala and visual cortex in people with a diagnosis of schizophrenia.
- Voxel-based morphometric multisite collaborative study on schizophrenia.
- What CATIE found: results from the schizophrenia trial.
- What constitutes a psychiatric emergency: clinical and legal dimensions.
- Where do we cut the bell-shaped curve of CIAS?
- Whether ionizing radiation is a risk factor for schizophrenia spectrum disorders?
- White matter abnormalities and neurocognitive deficits associated with the passivity phenomenon in schizophrenia: a diffusion tensor imaging study.
- Who are the new users of antipsychotic medications?
- Wisconsin Card Sorting Test performance in schizophrenia: the role of working memory.
- Working memory and schizophrenia: evidence for slowed encoding.
- Working memory impairment in probands with schizoaffective disorder and first degree relatives of schizophrenia probands extend beyond deficits predicted by generalized neuropsychological impairment.
- [Problem of neuronal reception and the dopamine hypothesis of schizophrenia].
- [Stimulating effect of schizophrenic patients' plasma on the cellular incorportation of tryptophan in vitro].
- [The evaluation of cognitive dysfunctions in schizophrenia].
- fMRI activity correlated with auditory hallucinations during performance of a working memory task: data from the FBIRN consortium study.
- rTMS strategies for the study and treatment of schizophrenia: a review.
Keywords of People
- Bradford, Daniel William, Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Psychiatry, Child & Family Mental Health & Community Psychiatry
- Grambow, Steven C., Associate Professor of Biostatistics & Bioinformatics, Biostatistics & Bioinformatics
- Sullivan, Daniel Carl, Professor Emeritus of Radiology, Radiology