Subject Areas on Research
- (i, i + 4) Ion pairs stabilize helical peptides derived from smooth muscle caldesmon.
- 3D MRI of impaired hyperpolarized 129Xe uptake in a rat model of pulmonary fibrosis.
- 6-hydroxydopamine destruction of central adrenergic neurones prevents or reverses developing DOCA-salt hypertension in rats.
- 64-section multidetector CT of the upper abdomen: optimization of a saline chaser injection protocol for improved vascular and parenchymal contrast enhancement.
- A Trial of Wound Irrigation in the Initial Management of Open Fracture Wounds.
- A clinical trial of oral therapy in a rural cholera-treatment center.
- A conserved bulged adenosine in a peripheral duplex of the antigenomic HDV self-cleaving RNA reduceskinetic trapping of inactive conformations.
- A feasibility study to evaluate pelvic peritoneal anatomy with a saline intraperitoneal sonogram (SIPS).
- A new technique allowing prolonged temporary cerebral artery occlusion.
- A pH-sensitive RNA tertiary interaction affects self-cleavage activity of the HDV ribozymes in the absence of added divalent metal ion.
- A predictive model for transcriptional control of physiology in a free living cell.
- A prospective, randomized comparison of thromboelastographic coagulation profile in patients receiving lactated Ringer's solution, 6% hetastarch in a balanced-saline vehicle, or 6% hetastarch in saline during major surgery.
- A randomized clinical trial of the effect of intraoperative saline perfusion on postvasectomy azoospermia.
- A toggle duplex in hepatitis delta virus self-cleaving RNA that stabilizes an inactive and a salt-dependent pro-active ribozyme conformation.
- AV blockade via selective AV nodal artery injection in a patient.
- Abiotic stress mediates top-down and bottom-up control in a Southwestern Atlantic salt marsh.
- Ablation of renal tumors in a rabbit model with interstitial saline-augmented radiofrequency energy.
- Ablation of renal tumors in a rabbit model with interstitial saline-augmented radiofrequency energy: preliminary report of a new technology.
- Abnormalities in the response of plasma arginine vasopressin during hypertonic saline infusion in patients with eating disorders.
- Abnormalities of carbohydrate and lipid metabolism in Dahl rats.
- Accuracy of endometrial thickness in detecting benign endometrial pathology in postmenopausal women.
- Activation by saccharides of a cation-selective pathway on canine lingual epithelium.
- Acute in-vivo evaluation of bleeding with Gelfoam plus saline and Gelfoam plus human thrombin using a liver square lesion model in swine.
- Adjunctive use of the Rinspiration system for fluidic thrombectomy during primary angioplasty: the Rinspiration international registry.
- Advantage of the Mark-III FEL for biophysical research and biomedical applications.
- Amphitrite ornata erythrocruorin. II. Molecular controls of function.
- An N-terminal truncation of the ncd motor protein supports diffusional movement of microtubules in motility assays.
- Angiotensin II and hypertonicity modulate proximal tubular aquaporin 1 expression.
- Association between Initial Fluid Choice and Subsequent In-hospital Mortality during the Resuscitation of Adults with Septic Shock.
- Balanced Crystalloid versus Saline in Adults with Traumatic Brain Injury: Secondary Analysis of a Clinical Trial.
- Balanced Crystalloids versus Saline in Noncritically Ill Adults.
- Bilateral infusion pump implants as therapy for refractory corneal ulcers in a patient with CREST syndrome: an interdisciplinary approach.
- Capture and release of proteins on the nanoscale by stimuli-responsive elastin-like polypeptide "switches".
- Catalytic properties of the HhaII restriction endonuclease.
- Changes in hydrology and salinity accompanying a century of agricultural conversion in Argentina.
- Ciprofloxacin. Use as a topical otic preparation.
- Cisplatinum-induced renal salt wasting.
- Combined general-epidural anesthesia decreases the desflurane requirement for equivalent A-line ARX index in colorectal surgery.
- Combining lung-protective strategies in experimental acute lung injury: The impact of high-frequency partial liquid ventilation.
- Comparison of prostaglandin F2alpha and hypertonic saline for induction of midtrimester abortion.
- Comparison of the physical and functional properties of the 48-subunit native molecule and the 24- and 12-subunit dissociation intermediates of Limulus polyphemus hemocyanin.
- Compartment pressure monitoring during anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction.
- Compensatory response to hemorrhage in conscious dogs on normal and low salt intake.
- Contrast material administration protocols for 64-MDCT angiography: altering volume and rate and use of a saline chaser to better match the imaging window--physiologic phantom study.
- Contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance angiography: first-pass arterial enhancement as a function of gadolinium-chelate concentration, and the saline chaser volume and injection rate.
- Cytoplasmic localization of the transforming protein of Fujinami sarcoma virus: salt-sensitive association with subcellular components.
- Degradation and resilience in Louisiana salt marshes after the BP-Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
- Detection and exclusion of interatrial shunts by two-dimensional echocardiography and peripheral venous injection.
- Diagnosis, evaluation, and treatment of hyponatremia: expert panel recommendations.
- Differential aerosol challenge studies in byssinosis.
- Drought, snails, and large-scale die-off of southern U.S. salt marshes.
- Dynamic and multimodal responses of gustatory cortical neurons in awake rats.
- Effect of 5-hydroxytryptamine on tissue blood flow and microwave heating of rat tumors.
- Effect of captopril on the release of the components of the renin-angiotensin system into plasma and lymph.
- Effect of irrigation fluids on arterial and venous endothelium after ischemia.
- Effect of normal saline bolus on cerebral blood flow in regions with low baseline flow in patients with vasospasm following subarachnoid hemorrhage.
- Effect of oxygen and allosteric effects on structural stability of oligomeric hemocyanins of the arthropod, Limulus polyphemus, and the mollusc, Helix pomatia.
- Effect of varying injection rates of a saline chaser on aortic enhancement in CT angiography: phantom study.
- Effectiveness of Prevention Strategies for Contrast-Induced Nephropathy: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis.
- Effects of indocyanine green on the retina and retinal pigment epithelium in a porcine model of retinal hole.
- Efficacy of saline vs heparin in maintaining 24-gauge intermittent intravenous catheters in a rabbit model.
- Enhanced receptor-cyclase coupling and augmented catecholamine-stimulated lipolysis in exercising rats.
- Enhancement of cardiac function by cyclocreatine in models of cardiopulmonary bypass.
- Equilibrium and nonequilibrium phase transformations of quaternary solutions based on a physiologic support medium containing NaCl, dimethyl sulfoxide, and glycerol.
- Evaluation of poly(L-lactic acid) as a material for intravascular polymeric stents.
- Evaluation of solutions for small intestinal preservation. Biochemical changes as a function of storage time.
- Evaluation of the effects of olopatadine ophthalmic solution, 0.2% on the ocular surface of patients with allergic conjunctivitis and dry eye.
- Exacerbation of radiocontrast nephrotoxicity by endothelin receptor antagonism.
- Extended storage of AS-1 and AS-3 leukoreduced red blood cells for 15 days after deglycerolization and resuspension in AS-3 using an automated closed system.
- Factors influencing flux decline during nanofiltration of solutions containing dyes and salts.
- Formulations which increase the size of lipoplexes prevent serum-associated inhibition of transfection.
- Free energy landscape of salt-actuated reconfigurable DNA nanodevices.
- From icy roads to salty streams.
- Functional differences in the multiple hemocyanins of the horseshoe crab, Limulus polyphemus L.
- Functional effects of lymphotoxin on crushed peripheral nerve.
- Fusion order controls expression level and activity of elastin-like polypeptide fusion proteins.
- Haemodilution-induced profibrinolytic state is mitigated by fresh-frozen plasma: implications for early haemostatic intervention in massive haemorrhage.
- Hemoglobin of the electric Atlantic torpedo, Torpedo nobiliana: a cooperative hemoglobin without Bohr effects.
- Hemoglobin providence. Functional consequences of two alterations of the 2,3-diphosphoglycerate binding site at position beta 82.
- Heritability of salt sensitivity in black Americans.
- High-Pressure Transvenous Perfusion of the Upper Extremity in Human Muscular Dystrophy: A Safety Study with 0.9% Saline.
- Hydraulic lift and tolerance to salinity of semiarid species: consequences for species interactions.
- Impact of saline irrigation and topical corticosteroids on the postsurgical sinonasal microbiota.
- Improved non-chromatographic purification of a recombinant protein by cationic elastin-like polypeptides.
- In situ hybridization analysis of osmotic stimulus-induced changes in ribosomal RNA in rat supraoptic nucleus.
- In vitro fluid dynamics of the Ahmed glaucoma valve modified with expanded polytetrafluoroethylene.
- Inflammation in Salt-Sensitive Hypertension and Renal Damage.
- Influence of denaturing agents on solvent structure.
- Influence of the renal excretion of sodium chloride upon the renal excretion of magnesium and other ions by human subjects.
- Inhibition of basal and meal-stimulated choleresis by somatostatin.
- Inhibitory controls of ingestion in 6-day-old rat pups.
- Interactions between salt and acid stimuli: a lesson in gustation from simultaneous epithelial and neural recordings.
- Intrarenal distribution of blood flow during saline loading in the dog.
- Kinase MPK17 and the Peroxisome Division Factor PMD1 Influence Salt-induced Peroxisome Proliferation.
- Kindled seizures result in decreased responsiveness of benzodiazepine receptors to gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA).
- Loss of resistance to normal saline is preferred to identify the epidural space: a survey of Canadian pediatric anesthesiologists.
- Magnetic resonance arthrography of the shoulder: accuracy of gadolinium versus saline for rotator cuff and labral pathology.
- Mammary implants, diving, and altitude exposure.
- Means for load variation during echocardiographic assessment of the Frank-Starling relationship.
- Microwave versus saline-linked radiofrequency (Aquamantys) assisted liver resection in a porcine liver resection model. A safety and feasibility pilot study.
- Modeling the Concentration of Volatile and Semivolatile Contaminants in Direct Contact Membrane Distillation (DCMD) Product Water.
- Modulation of rat chorda tympani nerve activity by lingual nerve stimulation.
- Mutations in kelch-like 3 and cullin 3 cause hypertension and electrolyte abnormalities.
- Nephrogenic diabetes insipidus with new onset diabetic ketoacidosis in a child - challenges in fluid and electrolyte management.
- Neuroprotective effect of curcumin in an experimental rat model of subarachnoid hemorrhage.
- Nitric oxide enhances salt secretion and Na+ sequestration in a mangrove plant, Avicennia marina, through increasing the expression of H+-ATPase and Na+/H+ antiporter under high salinity
- Normal flux through ATP-citrate lyase or fatty acid synthase is not required for glucose-stimulated insulin secretion.
- OSCA1 is an osmotic specific sensor: a method to distinguish Ca2+ -mediated osmotic and ionic perception.
- Optical coherence tomography guided microinjections in live mouse embryos: high-resolution targeted manipulation for mouse embryonic research.
- Optimized solubilization of TRIzol-precipitated protein permits Western blotting analysis to maximize data available from brain tissue.
- Overexpression of CaDSR6 increases tolerance to drought and salt stresses in transgenic Arabidopsis plants.
- Pathophysiology of Hypertension: The Mosaic Theory and Beyond.
- Phase diagram relationships in cryobiology.
- Phosphorylation of RNA polymerase II CTD fragments results in tight binding to the WW domain from the yeast prolyl isomerase Ess1.
- Physical and economic potential of geological CO 2 storage in saline aquifers
- Plant cell-surface GIPC sphingolipids sense salt to trigger Ca2+ influx.
- Postfreeze viability of human epithelial carcinoma cells in quaternary solutions.
- Preliminary evidence of linkage of salt sensitivity in black Americans at the beta 2-adrenergic receptor locus.
- Prophylactic hydration to prevent contrast-induced nephropathy: much ado about nothing?
- Prospective, randomized trial comparing blood and oxygenated crystalloid cardioplegia in reoperative coronary artery bypass grafting.
- Protein glycosylation as an adaptive response in Archaea: growth at different salt concentrations leads to alterations in Haloferax volcanii S-layer glycoprotein N-glycosylation.
- Purification of a naturally produced, low molecular weight organic factor that reversibly blocks encystment of Blastocladiella emersonii zoospores.
- Rate of vascularization of coralline hydroxyapatite spherical implants pretreated with saline/gentamicin, rTGF-beta 2, and autogenous plasma.
- Real-time, three-dimensional echocardiography: feasibility of dynamic right ventricular volume measurement with saline contrast.
- Relationship between NaCl- and H2O2-induced cytosolic Ca2+ increases in response to stress in Arabidopsis.
- Relief of blood-induced arterial vasospasm by pharmacologic solutions.
- Renal autotransplants in sheep: investigation of renal function and renovascular hypertension.
- Respiration and osmoregulation of the estuarine crab, Rhithropanopeus harrisii (Gould): effects of the herbicide, alachlor.
- Rvs161p and sphingolipids are required for actin repolarization following salt stress.
- Safety and feasibility of high-pressure transvenous limb perfusion with 0.9% saline in human muscular dystrophy.
- Saline infusion in excimer laser coronary angioplasty.
- Saline vs Tissue Plasminogen Activator Irrigations after Drain Placement for Appendicitis-Associated Abscess: A Prospective Randomized Trial.
- Salinity-dependent silver nanoparticle uptake and transformation by Atlantic killifish (Fundulus heteroclitus) embryos.
- Salt Responsive Morphologies of ssDNA-Based Triblock Polyelectrolytes in Semi-Dilute Regime: Effect of Volume Fractions and Polyelectrolyte Length.
- Salt and acid studies on canine lingual epithelium.
- Salt marshes.
- Salt stress increases abundance and glycosylation of CFTR localized at apical surfaces of salt gland secretory cells.
- Salt, Hypertension, and Immunity.
- Salt-split human skin substrate for the immunofluorescent screening of serum from patients with cicatricial pemphigoid and a new method of immunoprecipitation with IgA antibodies.
- Scaling up oral rehydration salts and zinc for the treatment of diarrhoea.
- Selectivity of lingual nerve fibers to chemical stimuli.
- Sequential changes in atrial pressures, dimensions, and plasma atrial natriuretic factor concentrations during volume loading in hemodynamically normal human subjects.
- Silver toxicity across salinity gradients: the role of dissolved silver chloride species (AgCl x ) in Atlantic killifish (Fundulus heteroclitus) and medaka (Oryzias latipes) early life-stage toxicity.
- Sodium bicarb vs sodium chloride, and acetylcysteine vs placebo, did not differ for adverse events after angiography.
- Sodium excretion patterns during and following intravenous sodium chloride loads in normal and hypertensive pregnancies.
- Spatial map of salts and saccharides on dog tongue.
- Steady state kinetics of soluble and membrane-bound mitochondrial ATPase.
- Stressors and antistressors: how do they influence life span in HER-2/neu transgenic mice?
- Structure of the major peanut allergen Ara h 1 may protect IgE-binding epitopes from degradation.
- Studies on cellular autophagocytosis. Cyclic AMP- and dibutyryl cyclic AMP-stimulated autophagy in rat liver.
- Taste-specific neuronal ensembles in the gustatory cortex of awake rats.
- The 'Doppler-swoosh' test: a further modification to the 'swoosh' test.
- The H2O-NaCl-glycerol phase diagram and its application in cryobiology.
- The Immune System in Hypertension: a Lost Shaker of Salt 2021 Lewis K. Dahl Memorial Lecture.
- The Role of Sodium and Chloride in Heart Failure: Does It Take Two to Tango?
- The anion in salt taste: a possible role for paracellular pathways.
- The effect of intraocular irrigating solutions on lens clarity in normal and diabetic rabbits.
- The effect of irrigation solution at different temperatures on articular cartilage metabolism.
- The effect of osmotic stress on the production of nukacin ISK-1 from Staphylococcus warneri ISK-1.
- The negative charge of Glu-111 is required to activate the cleavage center of EcoRI endonuclease.
- The operant assessment of taste discrimination.
- The reply.
- The restoration potential of the Mesopotamian marshes of Iraq.
- The water crisis in the gaza strip: prospects for resolution.
- Thermal-turbidimetric studies of membranes from Acholeplasma laidlawii.
- Thermodynamic parameters governing interaction of EcoRI endonuclease with specific and nonspecific DNA sequences.
- Thiazide-Associated Hyponatremia, Report of the Hyponatremia Registry: An Observational Multicenter International Study.
- Transport and retention of colloidal aggregates of C60 in porous media: effects of organic macromolecules, ionic composition, and preparation method.
- Transport pathways in rat lingual epithelium.
- Traumatic brain injury and hemorrhagic shock: evaluation of different resuscitation strategies in a large animal model of combined insults.
- Urea tolerance as a molecular adaptation of elasmobranch hemoglobins.
- Urethral afferent nerve activity affects the micturition reflex; implication for the relationship between stress incontinence and detrusor instability.
- Using decision analysis to determine optimal experimental design for monitoring sewer exfiltration with tracers.
- Vasodilator action of prostaglandin E1 on microcirculation of rat cremaster muscle.
- Vein graft preservation solutions, patency, and outcomes after coronary artery bypass graft surgery: follow-up from the PREVENT IV randomized clinical trial.
- Volume changes induced by osmotic stress in freshly isolated rat hippocampal neurons.
- Wound hematoma: prophylaxis with topical thrombin.
- Xylem-phloem hydraulic coupling explains multiple osmoregulatory responses to salt stress.
Keywords of People
- Alexander, John Hunter Peel, Professor of Medicine, Medicine, Cardiology
- Driehuys, Bastiaan, Professor of Radiology, Biomedical Engineering