Subject Areas on Research
- 2020 ACC/HFSA/ISHLT Lifelong Learning Statement for Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology Specialists: A Report of the ACC Competency Management Committee.
- A Call to Restructure Psychiatry General and Subspecialty Training.
- A comprehensive process for identifying and managing conflicts of interest reduced perceived bias at a specialty society annual meeting.
- A decade in diabetes specialist services, 2000 to 2011, in England: the views of consultant diabetologists and diabetes specialist nurses amidst persistent healthcare delivery change.
- A potential hole in the safety net.
- ABR examinations: the why, what, and how.
- Accreditation council for graduate medical education (ACGME) competencies in neuropathology training.
- Achieving Entrustable Professional Activities During Fellowship.
- Advance Care Planning and Palliative Care Specialists in Malignant Hematology and Stem-Cell Transplantation: On Why It Takes A Village.
- An analysis of the knowledge base of practicing internists as measured by the 1980 recertification examination.
- Are primary care services a substitute or complement for specialty and inpatient services?
- Assessment of Subspecialty Choices of Men and Women in Internal Medicine From 1991 to 2016.
- Association of evidence-based care processes and outcomes among patients with acute coronary syndromes: performance matters.
- Attrition rates in integrated vascular and cardiothoracic surgery residency and fellowship programs.
- Burnout in Nephrology: Implications on Recruitment and the Workforce.
- Can we close the income and wealth gap between specialists and primary care physicians?
- Career characteristics of graduates of a Medical Scientist Training Program, 1970-1990.
- Certification in neuromuscular medicine: a new neurologic subspecialty.
- Chemotherapy administration for ovarian cancer by gynecologic oncologists and medical oncologists.
- Comparative genomics reveals dynamic genome evolution in host specialist ectomycorrhizal fungi.
- Comparing Specialty and Primary Palliative Care Interventions: Analysis of a Systematic Review.
- Comparing perceptions and use of a commercial electronic medical record (EMR) between primary care and subspecialty physicians.
- Core clerkship directors: their current resources and the rewards of the role.
- Correlation of Appointment Times and Subspecialty With the No-Show Rates in an Orthopedic Ambulatory Clinic.
- Creating the Subspecialty Pediatrics Investigator Network.
- Current teaching and evaluation methods in critical care medicine: has the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education affected how we practice and teach in the intensive care unit?
- Defining sarcoma specialist center: revisiting the volume effect.
- Development of a web-based, specialty specific portfolio.
- Diagnostic laboratory immunology: a subspecialty that encompasses clinical as well as laboratory immunology.
- Differences in providers' beliefs about benefits and risks of hormone replacement therapy in managed care.
- Do religious physicians disproportionately care for the underserved?
- Does payment drive procedures? Payment for specialty services and procedure rate variations in 3 HMOs.
- Does the label "fibromyalgia" alter health status, function, and health service utilization? A prospective, within-group comparison in a community cohort of adults with chronic widespread pain.
- Doing all they can: physicians who deny medical futility.
- Early evidence on the quality of care provided by special needs plans.
- Effects of insurance status on children's access to specialty care: a systematic review of the literature.
- Enrollment of patients with lung and colorectal cancers onto clinical trials.
- Equity and accuracy in medical malpractice insurance pricing.
- Evaluation of specialist referrals at a rural health care clinic.
- Experience rating: does it make sense for medical malpractice insurance?
- Exploring the generalist-subspecialist interface in internal medicine.
- Factors influencing morning report case presentations.
- Factors related to an effective referral and consultation process.
- Family medicine at Duke: excellence defined.
- Family practice as a specialty.
- From Coronary Care Units to Cardiac Intensive Care Units: Recommendations for Organizational, Staffing, and Educational Transformation.
- General internists influence students to choose primary care careers: the power of role modeling.
- General otolaryngology and the subspecialties: finding the balance.
- Geriatric oncology.
- Guidelines for training in adult cardiovascular medicine. Core Cardiology Training Symposium (COCATS). Task Force 4: training in echocardiography.
- Guidelines for training in electronic ultrasound: guidelines for clinical application. From the ASGE. American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy.
- Impact of a multidisciplinary thoracic oncology clinic on the timeliness of care.
- Impact of physician assistant care on office visit resource use in the United States.
- Impact of psychiatric advance directive facilitation on mental health consumers: empowerment, treatment attitudes and the role of peer support specialists.
- Impact of the Pharmacy Practice Model Initiative on Clinical Pharmacy Specialist Practice.
- Improving ICU-Based Palliative Care Delivery: A Multicenter, Multidisciplinary Survey of Critical Care Clinician Attitudes and Beliefs.
- Influence of Trainee Experience on Choice of Orthopaedic Subspecialty Fellowship.
- Influence of changes in supply on the distribution of pediatric subspecialty care.
- International health and internal medicine residency training: the Duke University experience.
- Interspecialty differences in the care of children with chronic or serious acute conditions: a review of the literature.
- Is tenure irrelevant for academic clinicians?
- Knowledge and attitudes about depression among non-generalists and generalists.
- Literacy and laryngectomy: how should one treat head and neck cancer in patients who cannot read or write?
- Low back pain as perceived by the pain specialist.
- Low back pain as perceived by the pain specialist.
- Management of allergic rhinitis in the working-age population.
- Manuscript Architect: a Web application for scientific writing in virtual interdisciplinary groups.
- Medical malpractice experience of physicians. Predictable or haphazard?
- Medical records and quality of care in acute coronary syndromes: results from CRUSADE.
- Medical student perceptions of diagnostic radiology. Influence of a senior radiology elective.
- Meeting the challenges facing clinical research: solutions proposed by leaders of medical specialty and clinical research societies.
- Migration patterns of recent medical school graduates.
- Neurosurgical workforce trends in the United States.
- Outcome of acute myocardial infarction according to the specialty of the admitting physician.
- Overcoming the challenges facing quality-improvement strategies for non-ST-segment elevation acute coronary syndromes.
- PA job availability in primary care during 2014 and 2016.
- Patient preference in primary care provider type.
- Patient, Provider, and Practice Characteristics Associated With Sacubitril/Valsartan Use in the United States.
- Perceptions of palliative care among hematologic malignancy specialists: a mixed-methods study.
- Performance of Consultative Palliative Care Model in Achieving Quality Metrics in the ICU.
- Perspectives of HIV specialists and cardiologists on the specialty referral process for people living with HIV: a qualitative descriptive study.
- Physician assistant specialty choice: Distribution, salaries, and comparison with physicians.
- Physicians' beliefs and U.S. health care reform--a national survey.
- Political trends in vascular and interventional radiology: a randomized survey.
- Possible incremental benefits of specialized rehabilitation bed units among veterans after lower extremity amputation.
- Preserving an integrated view of informatics.
- Primary Care Providers And Specialists Deliver Comparable Buprenorphine Treatment Quality.
- Primary and subspecialty care: building a collaborative relationship.
- Primary care as a vocation.
- Primary care for patients infected with human immunodeficiency virus: a randomized controlled trial.
- Primary care providers. The view from where I stand.
- Primary versus specialty care outcomes for depressed outpatients managed with measurement-based care: results from STAR*D.
- Primary-care physicians' access to genetic specialists: an impediment to the routine use of genomic medicine?
- Prognostic factors, disability, and functional status among patients in a headache specialty practice.
- Progress in medical information management. Systematized nomenclature of medicine (SNOMED).
- Psychomotor and visual skills underlying position specialization in 1352 elite youth baseball players.
- Putting the "M" back in maternal-fetal medicine.
- Radiographic loss of contact between radial head fracture fragments is moderately reliable.
- Randomized Trial of Population-Based Clinical Decision Support to Facilitate Care Transitions.
- Real returns to medical education: a comment.
- Recent interest in global health among American Academy of Pediatrics Newborn Specialists.
- Redefining the role of psychiatry in medicine.
- Referrals to psychiatrists. Assessing the communication interface between psychiatry and primary care.
- Report of the 2010 society of thoracic surgeons congenital heart surgery practice and manpower survey.
- Rhythm versus rate control in the contemporary management of atrial fibrillation in-hospital.
- Role Models' Influence on Specialty Choice for Residency Training: A National Longitudinal Study.
- Sex Differences in the Pursuit of Interventional Cardiology as a Subspecialty Among Cardiovascular Fellows-in-Training.
- Sex, role models, and specialty choices among graduates of US medical schools in 2006-2008.
- Should we just let the anticoagulation service do it?
- Solo versus group practice in the medical profession: the influence of malpractice risk.
- Specialist/generalist division of responsibility for patients with mental disorders.
- Specialty distribution of physician assistants and nurse practitioners in North Carolina.
- The European union and postgraduate medical education in Scotland.
- The Veterans Affairs Learners' Perceptions Survey: the foundation for educational quality improvement.
- The financial impact of orthopaedic fellowship training.
- The future internist. The Task Force on the Future Internist, American Board of Internal Medicine.
- The value of an infectious diseases specialist.
- Time-dependent analysis in CHF follow-up.
- Too many, too few, too concentrated? A review of the pediatric subspecialty workforce literature.
- Top Ten Tips Palliative Care Clinicians Should Know About Solid Organ Transplantation.
- Trainee Characteristics, Subspecialty Choice, and Program Usage for the American Board of Pediatrics Resident Research Pathways, 2000-2019.
- Training and practice activities of hematology and medical oncology diplomates.
- Training in occupational medicine.
- Training in subspecialty internal medicine. On the chessboard of health care reform. Association of Subspecialty Professors.
- Treatment decisions for terminally ill patients: physicians' legal defensiveness and knowledge of medical law.
- Tricyclic antidepressant prescribing for nonpsychiatric disorders. An analysis based on data from the 1985 National Ambulatory Medical Care Survey.
- Use of general medical care services by persons with mental disorders.
- Use of outpatient care in VA and Medicare among disability-eligible and age-eligible veteran patients.
- VA community-based outpatient clinics: access and utilization performance measures.
- VA community-based outpatient clinics: cost performance measures.
- Vascular Anomalies in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery Resident Education.
- Working group 8: Defining the different types of cardiovascular specialists and developing a new model for training general clinical cardiologists.
- Would a nursing home physician specialty resolve the workforce crisis in long-term care?
Keywords of People
- Berchuck, Andrew, James M. Ingram Distinguished Professor of Gynecologic Oncology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Gynecologic Oncology
- Bradford, William Dalton, Professor of Pathology, Pathology
- Morgan, Perri Anne, Professor in Family Medicine and Community Health, Family Medicine and Community Health, Physician Assistant Program
- Zafar, Syed Yousuf, Adjunct Professor in the Department of Medicine, Duke Science & Society