Subject Areas on Research
- A role for neutral sphingomyelinase activation in the inhibition of LPS action by phospholipid oxidation products.
- Adult onset Niemann-Pick disease type C presenting with dementia and absent organomegaly.
- Changes in sphingomyelinases, ceramide, Bax, Bcl(2), and caspase-3 during and after experimental status epilepticus.
- Differential effects of sphingomyelin hydrolysis and resynthesis on the activation of NF-kappa B in normal and SV40-transformed human fibroblasts.
- Expression of ceramide-metabolising enzymes in subcutaneous and intra-abdominal human adipose tissue.
- Growth-dependent regulation of cellular ceramides in human T-cells.
- Identification of a distinct pool of sphingomyelin involved in the sphingomyelin cycle.
- Identification of arachidonic acid as a mediator of sphingomyelin hydrolysis in response to tumor necrosis factor alpha.
- Identification of sphingomyelin turnover as an effector mechanism for the action of tumor necrosis factor alpha and gamma-interferon. Specific role in cell differentiation.
- Phospholipid hydrolytic enzymes in a 'cesspool' of arterial intimal lipoproteins: a mechanism for atherogenic lipid accumulation.
- SMPDL3b modulates insulin receptor signaling in diabetic kidney disease.
- Screening for nitric oxide-dependent protein-protein interactions.
- Sphingolipids and hepatic steatosis.
- The role of membrane lipids in the induction of macrophage apoptosis by microparticles.
- Tumor necrosis factor-alpha stimulates the maturation of sterol regulatory element binding protein-1 in human hepatocytes through the action of neutral sphingomyelinase.
- Ultrastructural findings in skin from patients with Niemann-Pick disease, type C.
Keywords of People