Subject Areas on Research
- 6D image guidance for spinal non-invasive stereotactic body radiation therapy: Comparison between ExacTrac X-ray 6D with kilo-voltage cone-beam CT.
- A Systematic Review of Metastatic Hepatocellular Carcinoma to the Spine.
- A Web-Based Calculator for Predicting the Occurrence of Wound Complications, Wound Infection, and Unplanned Reoperation for Wound Complications in Patients Undergoing Surgery for Spinal Metastases.
- A novel classification system for spinal instability in neoplastic disease: an evidence-based approach and expert consensus from the Spine Oncology Study Group.
- A systematic review of clinical outcomes for patients diagnosed with skin cancer spinal metastases.
- A technique of intensity-modulated radiosurgery (IMRS) for spinal tumors.
- AI-guided parameter optimization in inverse treatment planning.
- ANZCCSG BabyBrain99; intensified systemic chemotherapy, second look surgery and involved field radiation in young children with central nervous system malignancy.
- Adjunct and minimally invasive techniques for the diagnosis and treatment of vertebral tumors.
- Adverse hypersensitivity reactions to mesna as adjunctive therapy for cyclophosphamide.
- Aggressive "benign" primary spine neoplasms: osteoblastoma, aneurysmal bone cyst, and giant cell tumor.
- An image-guided technique for planning and verification of supine craniospinal irradiation.
- An unusual presentation of thyroid papillary carcinoma: enlargement of a cervical intervertebral foramen.
- Analysis of Outcomes Between Traditional Open versus Mini-Open Approach in Surgical Treatment of Spinal Metastasis.
- Animal Models of Metastatic Lesions to the Spine: A Focus on Epidural Spinal Cord Compression.
- Apparatus-dependent dosimetric differences in spine stereotactic body radiotherapy.
- Association of neurologic deficits with surgical outcomes and health-related quality of life after treatment for metastatic epidural spinal cord compression.
- Bone graft options for spinal fusion following resection of spinal column tumors: systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Castleman's disease of the sacral spine.
- Catecholamine-secreting paraganglioma of the thoracic spinal column: report of an unusual case and review of the literature.
- Characterization of T gene sequence variants and germline duplications in familial and sporadic chordoma.
- Chondrosarcoma of the spine: a narrative review.
- Chordoma of the sacrum and mobile spine: a narrative review.
- Clear cell chondrosarcoma: Cytologic findings in six cases.
- Clinical Decision Making: Integrating Advances in the Molecular Understanding of Spine Tumors.
- Clinical, surgical, and molecular prognostic factors for survival after spinal sarcoma resection.
- Clinician Experiences in Treatment Decision-Making for Patients with Spinal Metastases: A Qualitative Study.
- Comparison of three predictive scoring systems for morbidity in oncological spine surgery.
- Computed tomography of axial skeletal osteoid osteomas.
- Consensus building in metastatic spine disease.
- Cost-Effectiveness of Treatment Strategies for Spinal Metastases.
- Development and Assessment of a Predictive Score for Vertebral Compression Fracture After Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy for Spinal Metastases.
- Development and Internal Validation of a Recursive Partitioning Analysis-Based Model Predictive of Pain Flare Incidence After Spine Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy.
- Development and validation of a recursive partitioning analysis-based pretreatment decision-making tool identifying ideal candidates for spine stereotactic body radiation therapy.
- Development of a Metastatic Spinal Tumor Frailty Index (MSTFI) Using a Nationwide Database and Its Association with Inpatient Morbidity, Mortality, and Length of Stay After Spine Surgery.
- Does facility volume influence survival in patients with primary malignant bone tumors of the vertebral column? A comparative cohort study.
- Dosimetric effect of translational and rotational errors for patients undergoing image-guided stereotactic body radiotherapy for spinal metastases.
- Effects of primary and recurrent sacral chordoma on the motor and nociceptive function of hindlimbs in rats: an orthotopic spine model.
- Embolization of metastatic spinal tumors.
- Embolization of sacral tumors.
- Epidemiologic and survival trends in adult primary bone tumors of the spine.
- Epidemiologic, functional, and oncologic outcome analysis of spinal sarcomas treated surgically at a single institution over 10 years.
- Epidemiology of primary malignant non-osseous spinal tumors in the United States.
- Extramedullary recurrence of acute lymphoblastic leukemia 15 years after initial diagnosis.
- Factors associated with improved survival following surgery for renal cell carcinoma spinal metastases.
- False-positive spinal MR findings for subarachnoid spread of primary CNS tumor in postoperative pediatric patients.
- From active shape model to active optical flow model: a shape-based approach to predicting voxel-level dose distributions in spine SBRT.
- Glomus jugulare tumor metastatic to the sacrum after high-dose radiation therapy: case report.
- Hardware failure in patients with metastatic cancer to the spine.
- High-dose areas are unintentionally created as a result of gap shifts when the prescribed dose in the two adjacent areas are different.
- Image-guided and intensity-modulated radiosurgery for patients with spinal metastasis.
- Image-guided procedures for intensity-modulated spinal radiosurgery. Technical note.
- Impact of Multidisciplinary Intraoperative Teams on Thirty-Day Complications After Sacral Tumor Resection.
- Impact of collimator leaf width and treatment technique on stereotactic radiosurgery and radiotherapy plans for intra- and extracranial lesions.
- Importance of Spinal Alignment in Primary and Metastatic Spine Tumors.
- Improving Quality and Consistency in NRG Oncology Radiation Therapy Oncology Group 0631 for Spine Radiosurgery via Knowledge-Based Planning.
- Independent predictors for local recurrence following surgery for spinal metastasis.
- Independent predictors of complication following surgery for spinal metastasis.
- Initial experience with the use of an expandable titanium cage as a vertebral body replacement in patients with tumors of the spinal column: a report of 95 patients.
- Insulin therapy for ketolactic acidosis complicating malignancy.
- Interhospital transfer status for spinal metastasis patients in the United States is associated with more severe clinical presentations and higher rates of inpatient complications.
- Introduction. Update on adult neuro-oncology.
- Investigation of nonmechanical findings during spinal movement screening for identifying and/or ruling out metastatic cancer.
- Long-term survival following total sacrectomy with reconstruction for the treatment of primary osteosarcoma of the sacrum. A case report.
- MYCN amplification drives an aggressive form of spinal ependymoma.
- Malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumor of the spine after radiation therapy for Hodgkin's lymphoma.
- Management of extranodal lymphoma of the spine: a study of 30 patients.
- Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma to the Spine: Outcomes and Morbidity: Single-Center Experience.
- Metastatic dedifferentiated chordoma with elevated beta-hCG: a case report.
- Metastatic human breast cancer to the spine produces mechanical hyperalgesia and gait deficits in rodents.
- Metastatic melanoma to the spine. Demographics, risk factors, and prognosis in 114 patients.
- Minimally Invasive Muscle Sparing Posterior-Only Approach for Lumbar Circumferential Decompression and Stabilization to Treat Spine Metastasis--Technical Report.
- Minimally invasive treatments for metastatic tumors of the spine.
- Mobile spine chordoma: results of 166 patients from the AOSpine Knowledge Forum Tumor database.
- Molecular Markers and Targeted Therapeutics in Metastatic Tumors of the Spine: Changing the Treatment Paradigms.
- Non-hepatocellular carcinoma spinal metastases.
- Novalis radiosurgery for metastatic spine tumors.
- Outcomes following surgical intervention for impending and gross instability caused by multiple myeloma in the spinal column.
- Overview of stereotactic body radiotherapy and the nursing role.
- Part II: spinal-cord neoplasms--primary tumours of the bony spine and adjacent soft tissues.
- Patterns of tumor spread and risk of fracture and epidural impingement in metastatic vertebrae.
- Pediatric presacral masses.
- Percutaneous deflation of a vertebral artery occlusion balloon that migrated to the axillary artery.
- Perioperative complications with costotransversectomy and anterior approaches to thoracic and thoracolumbar tumors.
- Plastic surgery wound closure following resection of spinal metastases.
- Postoperative radiosurgery for malignant spinal tumors.
- Postoperative survival and functional outcomes for patients with metastatic gynecological cancer to the spine: case series and review of the literature.
- Predicting Short-Term Outcome After Surgery for Primary Spinal Tumors Based on Patient Frailty.
- Predicting survival for metastatic spine disease: a comparison of nine scoring systems.
- Predominance of Spinal Metastases Involving the Posterior Vertebral Body.
- Prenatal diagnosis and perinatal management of fetal sacrococcygeal teratoma.
- Preoperative Nutrition Consults Associated with Decreased Postoperative Complication Rate and Decreased Length of Hospital Stay After Spine Metastasis Surgery.
- Preoperative spinal tumor embolization: an institutional experience with Onyx.
- Preoperative transarterial embolization of spinal column neoplasms.
- Prevention of facial pressure ulcers using the Mayfield clamp for sacral tumor resection.
- Primary lesion location influences postoperative survival in patients with metastatic colorectal spinal lesions.
- Primary pediatric intraspinal sarcomas. Report of 3 cases.
- Primary spinal yolk sac tumor with brain metastasis: case report and review of the literature.
- Prognostic significance of human telomerase reverse transcriptase promoter region mutations C228T and C250T for overall survival in spinal chordomas.
- RTOG 0631 phase 2/3 study of image guided stereotactic radiosurgery for localized (1-3) spine metastases: phase 2 results.
- Radiculopathy in the setting of lumbar nerve root compression due to an extradural intraforaminal lipoma: a report of 3 cases.
- Radiosurgery for Treatment of Renal Cell Metastases to Spine: A Systematic Review of the Literature.
- Radiosurgery in the treatment of spinal metastases: tumor control, survival, and quality of life after helical tomotherapy.
- Radiosurgical treatment for Ewing's sarcoma of the lumbar spine: case report.
- Radiotherapy and Surgical Advances in the Treatment of Metastatic Spine Tumors: A Narrative Review.
- Radiotherapy in pediatric medulloblastoma: quality assessment of Pediatric Oncology Group Trial 9031.
- Readmissions After Surgical Resection of Metastatic Tumors of the Spine at a Single Institution.
- Recent advances in intradural spinal tumors.
- Reliability of a spinal metastasis prognostic score to model 1-year survival.
- Review of stereotactic radiosurgery for intradural spine tumors.
- Risk factors for wound-related reoperations in patients with metastatic spine tumor.
- Sacral tumor resection and the impact on pelvic incidence.
- Solitary spinal metastasis of Hürthle cell thyroid carcinoma.
- Spinal cavernous and capillary hemangiomas in adults.
- Spinal instability neoplastic score: an analysis of reliability and validity from the spine oncology study group.
- Spinal metastases 2021: a review of the current state of the art and future directions.
- Stereotactic body radiotherapy for lesions of the spine and paraspinal regions.
- Stereotactic body radiotherapy reirradiation for recurrent epidural spinal metastases.
- Surgical Management of Osteoblastoma of the Spine: Case Series and Review of the Literature.
- Systematic review of charged-particle therapy for chordomas and sarcomas of the mobile spine and sacrum.
- The evolving role of stereotactic radiosurgery and stereotactic radiation therapy for patients with spine tumors.
- Thoracolumbar vertebral reconstruction after surgery for metastatic spinal tumors: long-term outcomes.
- Three IMRT advanced planning tools: A multi-institutional side-by-side comparison.
- Timing of surgery and radiotherapy in the management of metastatic spine disease: a systematic review.
- Tokuhashi score is predictive of survival in a cohort of patients undergoing surgery for renal cell carcinoma spinal metastases.
- Top Ten Tips Palliative Care Clinicians Should Know About Spinal Tumors.
- Total en bloc spondylectomy for locally aggressive and primary malignant tumors of the lumbar spine.
- Transarterial embolization of vertebral hemangioma.
- Treatment and outcomes of epithelioid sarcoma of the spine.
- Tumoral calcium pyrophosphate dihydrate deposition disease mimicking a cervical spine neoplasm: case report.
- Visceral Fat Volume From Standard Preoperative CT is an Independent Predictor of Short-term Survival in Patients Undergoing Surgery for Metastatic Spine Disease.
- Volumetric arc intensity-modulated therapy for spine body radiotherapy: comparison with static intensity-modulated treatment.
- Volumetric-modulated arc therapy: effective and efficient end-to-end patient-specific quality assurance.
Keywords of People
- O'Daniel, Jennifer Colleen, Assistant Professor of Radiation Oncology, Radiation Oncology
- Sampson, John Howard, Robert H., M.D. and Gloria Wilkins Professor of Neurosurgery, in the School of Medicine, Biomedical Engineering
- Yoo, Sua, Associate Professor of Radiation Oncology, Radiation Oncology