Subject Areas on Research
- A Bayesian approach for individual-level drug benefit-risk assessment.
- A comparison of the performance of time-delay estimators in medical ultrasound.
- A duality in aging: the equivalence of mortality models based on radically different concepts.
- A genetic stochastic process model for genome-wide joint analysis of biomarker dynamics and disease susceptibility with longitudinal data.
- A kinetic and kinematic analysis of the effect of stochastic resonance electrical stimulation and knee sleeve during gait in osteoarthritis of the knee.
- A mathematical model of the physiological dynamics of aging and correlated mortality selection. I. Theoretical development and critiques.
- A method for modifying the image quality parameters of digital radiographic images.
- A model for migratory B cell oscillations from receptor down-regulation induced by external chemokine fields.
- A model of accelerated aging induced by 5-bromodeoxyuridine.
- A model of variability in brain stimulation evoked responses.
- A neuron model of stochastic resonance using rectangular pulse trains.
- A population-based model of respiratory cancer incidence, progression, diagnosis, treatment, and mortality.
- A proportional hazards model for incidence and induced remission of disease.
- A random-walk model of human mortality and aging.
- A simulation environment for directional sensing as a phase separation process.
- A stochastic compartment model of stomach cancer with correlated waiting time distributions.
- A stochastic compartment model representation of chronic disease dependence: techniques for evaluating parameters of partially unobserved age inhomogeneous stochastic processes.
- A stochastic evolutionary model for protein structure alignment and phylogeny.
- A time-dependent statistical model which relates current clinical status to prognosis: application to advanced prostatic cancer.
- Active life expectancy estimates for the U.S. elderly population: a multidimensional continuous-mixture model of functional change applied to completed cohorts, 1982-1996.
- Addressing biological uncertainties in engineering gene circuits.
- Application of singular value decomposition to the analysis of time-resolved macromolecular x-ray data.
- Asymptomatic arrhythmias in patients with symptomatic paroxysmal atrial fibrillation and paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia.
- BayFish: Bayesian inference of transcription dynamics from population snapshots of single-molecule RNA FISH in single cells.
- Bayesian analysis of mixtures applied to post-synaptic potential fluctuations.
- Bayesian estimation of survival functions under stochastic precedence.
- Bayesian hierarchically weighted finite mixture models for samples of distributions.
- Bayesian learning from marginal data in bionetwork models.
- Bayesian modeling of multiple lesion onset and growth from interval-censored data.
- Bayesian models for multivariate current status data with informative censoring.
- Bayesian variable selection for latent class models.
- Benchmarking of dynamic Bayesian networks inferred from stochastic time-series data.
- Beyond intuitive modeling: combining biophysical models with innovative experiments to move the circadian clock field forward.
- Bioactuarial models of national mortality time series data.
- Cohort changes in active life expectancy in the U.S. elderly population: experience from the 1982-2004 National Long-Term Care Survey.
- Compartment model approach to the estimation of tumor incidence and growth: investigation of a model of cancer latency.
- Competition and species packing in patchy environments.
- Computation of steady-state probability distributions in stochastic models of cellular networks.
- Computational tools for assessing gene therapy under branching process models of mutation.
- Connectome Smoothing via Low-Rank Approximations.
- Considerations for the implementation of target volume protocols in radiation therapy: in regard to Craig et al., IJROBP 2001;49:241-250.
- Correctly estimating how environmental stochasticity influences fitness and population growth.
- Cortical granule exocytosis is triggered by different thresholds of calcium during fertilisation in sea urchin eggs.
- Cortical mechanisms for the segregation and representation of acoustic textures.
- Demographic compensation and tipping points in climate-induced range shifts.
- Demography in an increasingly variable world.
- Dependent competing risks: a stochastic process model.
- Designing a robust activity recognition framework for health and exergaming using wearable sensors.
- Detection of hormesis effect in longevity: simulation approach for heterogeneous population.
- Diffusion-limited phase separation in eukaryotic chemotaxis.
- Dosimetry and microdosimetry of targeted radiotherapy.
- Dynamic paradigms for human mortality and aging.
- Ecological forecasts: an emerging imperative.
- Elasticity of population growth with respect to the intensity of biotic or abiotic driving factors.
- Envelope control of outer membrane vesicle production in Gram-negative bacteria.
- Estimating increment-decrement life tables with multiple covariates from panel data: the case of active life expectancy.
- Estimation of cell survival in tumours heated to nonuniform temperature distributions.
- Evolution of dispersal distance.
- Evolutionary dynamics of self-incompatibility alleles in Brassica.
- Evolutionary dynamics of tumor progression with random fitness values.
- Exceptional survivors have lower age trajectories of blood glucose: lessons from longitudinal data.
- Experimental design of time series data for learning from dynamic Bayesian networks.
- Feedback control of T-cell receptor activation.
- Financial Forecasting and Stochastic Modeling: Predicting the Impact of Business Decisions.
- Fitting Nonlinear Ordinary Differential Equation Models with Random Effects and Unknown Initial Conditions Using the Stochastic Approximation Expectation-Maximization (SAEM) Algorithm.
- Forecasting health: data needs and implications for model structure.
- From subthreshold to firing-rate resonance.
- Fuzzy set analyses of genetic determinants of health and disability status.
- Genetic model for longitudinal studies of aging, health, and longevity and its potential application to incomplete data.
- Genome organization and three kinds of heritable changes: general description and stochastic factors (a review).
- Global epidemiology of HIV infection in men who have sex with men.
- HPV clearance and the neglected role of stochasticity.
- Hormesis and debilitation effects in stress experiments using the nematode worm Caenorhabditis elegans: the model of balance between cell damage and HSP levels.
- Increases in air temperature can promote wind-driven dispersal and spread of plants.
- Independent sources of quantal variability at single glutamatergic synapses.
- Individual-based chaos: extensions of the discrete logistic model.
- Informed consent in human research: what to say and how to say it.
- Inhibiting clathrin-mediated endocytosis of the leucine-rich G protein-coupled receptor-5 diminishes cell fitness.
- Intercomparison of methods for image quality characterization. II. Noise power spectrum.
- Interleukin 1 receptor (IL-1R1) activation exacerbates toxin-induced acute kidney injury.
- Joint analysis of stochastic processes with application to smoking patterns and insomnia.
- Joint modeling of DNA sequence and physical properties to improve eukaryotic promoter recognition.
- Local frequency dependence and global coexistence.
- Logarithmic amplifier for computed tomography tasks using fluoroscopic projections.
- Longevity can buffer plant and animal populations against changing climatic variability.
- Longitudinal analysis of the dynamics and risk of coronary heart disease in the Framingham Study.
- Lotka's game in predator-prey theory: linking populations to individuals.
- Low demographic variability in wild primate populations: fitness impacts of variation, covariation, and serial correlation in vital rates.
- Low-dimensional chaos in bipolar disorder?
- Massive computational acceleration by using neural networks to emulate mechanism-based biological models.
- Maximum likelihood estimation of a stochastic compartment model of cancer latency: lung cancer mortality among white females in the U.S.
- Modeling biological systems using Dynetica--a simulator of dynamic networks.
- Modeling deterministic effects in hematopoietic system caused by chronic exposure to ionizing radiation in large human cohorts.
- Modeling hematopoietic system response caused by chronic exposure to ionizing radiation.
- Modeling the axial extension of a transmission line source within iterative reconstruction via multiple transmission sources.
- Modeling the effects of biologically incorporated radionuclides and chronic low-dose ionizing radiation exposure on both cancer and chronic non-cancer diseases.
- Models for forecasting chronic disease processes in adult and elderly populations: effects of stochasticity.
- Models of the interaction of mortality and the evolution of risk factor distribution: a general stochastic process formulation.
- Mortality and aging in a heterogeneous population: a stochastic process model with observed and unobserved variables.
- New stochastic carcinogenesis model with covariates: an approach involving intracellular barrier mechanisms.
- Noise reduction by diffusional dissipation in a minimal quorum sensing motif.
- Nonequilibrium dynamics of probe filaments in actin-myosin networks.
- Nonlinear feedforward networks with stochastic outputs: infomax implies redundancy reduction.
- On the estimation of the binomial probability in multistage clinical trials.
- Optimal timing of implantable cardioverter-defibrillator implantation after myocardial infarction: a decision analysis.
- P-value calculation for multistage phase II cancer clinical trials.
- Phasic ion channel blockade. A kinetic model and parameter estimation procedure.
- Population models for the health effects of ionizing radiation.
- Precision of neural timing: effects of convergence and time-windowing.
- Predetermination of sexual fate in a turtle with temperature-dependent sex determination.
- Predicted and inferred waiting times for key mutations in the germinal centre reaction: evidence for stochasticity in selection.
- Predicting auditory tone-in-noise detection performance: the effects of neural variability.
- Predicting dynamic range and intensity discrimination for electrical pulse-train stimuli using a stochastic auditory nerve model: the effects of stimulus noise.
- Predicting the threshold of pulse-train electrical stimuli using a stochastic auditory nerve model: the effects of stimulus noise.
- Predicting the threshold of single-pulse electrical stimuli using a stochastic auditory nerve model: the effects of noise.
- Predictions of psychophysical measurements for sinusoidal amplitude modulated (SAM) pulse-train stimuli from a stochastic model.
- Propagation of fluctuations in biochemical systems, I: linear SSC networks.
- Pseudospontaneous activity: stochastic independence of auditory nerve fibers with electrical stimulation.
- Psychophysical threshold variability in cochlear implant subjects.
- Reconstruction of porous material geometry by stochastic optimization based on bulk NMR measurements of the dipolar field.
- Reduction of single-neuron firing uncertainty by cortical ensembles during motor skill learning.
- Relative inefficiencies in production between solo and group practice physicians.
- Reproduction and survival in Mediterranean fruit flies: a "protein and energy" free radical model of aging.
- Reproductive uncertainty and the relative competitiveness of simultaneous hermaphroditism versus dioecy.
- Resolving the biodiversity paradox.
- Robustness and dissipation of mitogen-activated protein kinases signal transduction network: underlying funneled landscape against stochastic fluctuations.
- Sensitivity of the population growth rate to demographic variability within and between phases of the disturbance cycle.
- Simulation model of the relationship between cesarean section rates and labor duration.
- Slow stochastic Hebbian learning of classes of stimuli in a recurrent neural network.
- Spatial Measures of Genetic Heterogeneity During Carcinogenesis.
- Spatial Moran models, II: cancer initiation in spatially structured tissue.
- Spatial and temporal integration of visual motion signals for smooth pursuit eye movements in monkeys.
- Spatial aspects of interspecific competition.
- Speckle coherence of piecewise-stationary stochastic targets.
- Stability of forest biodiversity.
- Steering most probable escape paths by varying relative noise intensities.
- Stochastic E2F activation and reconciliation of phenomenological cell-cycle models.
- Stochastic facilitation of artificial tactile sensation in primates.
- Stochastic hyperelastic constitutive laws and identification procedure for soft biological tissues with intrinsic variability.
- Stochastic model for analysis of longitudinal data on aging and mortality.
- Stochastic noise characteristics in matrix inversion tomosynthesis (MITS).
- Stochastic pairing of heavy-chain and kappa light-chain variable gene families occurs in polyclonally activated B cells.
- Stochastic resonance electrical stimulation to improve proprioception in knee osteoarthritis.
- Stochastic segment models of eukaryotic promoter regions.
- Stochastic sensitivity analysis and kernel inference via distributional data.
- Stochastic variation in network epidemic models: implications for the design of community level HIV prevention trials.
- Stochastic voyages into uncharted chemical space produce a representative library of all possible drug-like compounds.
- Stochastic vs. deterministic modeling of intracellular viral kinetics.
- Stochastically ordered multiple regression.
- Strategies for analysing ecological health data: models of the biological risk of individuals.
- Strategy to discover diverse optimal molecules in the small molecule universe.
- Surface-to-surface bridges formed by reversibly assembled polymers.
- Symptom-based patient stratification in mental illness using clinical notes.
- The Lagrangian stochastic model for estimating footprint and water vapor fluxes over inhomogeneous surfaces.
- The assessment of postural control with stochastic resonance electrical stimulation and a neoprene knee sleeve in the osteoarthritic knee.
- The diversity of population responses to environmental change.
- The effect of averaging adjacent planes for artifact reduction in matrix inversion tomosynthesis.
- The effects of health histories on stochastic process models of aging and mortality.
- The effects of molecular noise and size control on variability in the budding yeast cell cycle.
- The evolution of parasite manipulation of host dispersal.
- The impact of stochastic resonance electrical stimulation and knee sleeve on impulsive loading and muscle co-contraction during gait in knee osteoarthritis.
- The propagation of uncertainty in human mortality processes operating in stochastic environments.
- The statistics of repeating patterns of cortical activity can be reproduced by a model network of stochastic binary neurons.
- Tree Topology Estimation.
- Two-level stochastic search variable selection in GLMs with missing predictors.
- Ultra-low dose of Mycobacterium tuberculosis aerosol creates partial infection in mice.
- Uncertainty-Gated Stochastic Sequential Model for EHR Mortality Prediction.
- Variation in stochastic demography between and within central and peripheral regions in a widespread short-lived herb.
- stpm: an R package for stochastic process model.
Keywords of People
- Alberts, Susan C., Robert F. Durden Distinguished Professor of Biology, Duke Science & Society
- Badea, Cristian Tudorel, Professor in Radiology, Biomedical Engineering
- Beratan, David N., R.J. Reynolds Distinguished Professor of Chemistry, Nicholas Institute-Energy Initiative
- Bradford, William Dalton, Professor of Pathology, Pathology
- Huettel, Lisa Gresham, Edmund T. Pratt, Jr. School Professor of the Practice of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Kelsoe, Garnett H., James B. Duke Distinguished Professor of Immunology, Integrative Immunobiology
- Mattingly, Jonathan Christopher, Kimberly J. Jenkins Distinguished University Professor of New Technologies, Mathematics
- Pizer, Billy, Research Professor in the Sanford School of Public Policy, Duke Science & Society
- Starmer, Charles Franklin, Professor Emeritus of Computer Science, Computer Science
- Tornai, Martin Paul, Associate Professor of Radiology, Radiology
- Trivedi, Kishor S., Hudson Distinguished Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering