Subject Areas on Research
- A sulfurtransferase is required in the transfer of cysteine sulfur in the in vitro synthesis of molybdopterin from precursor Z in Escherichia coli.
- Biosynthesis and processing of the molybdenum cofactors.
- Characterization of Escherichia coli MoeB and its involvement in the activation of molybdopterin synthase for the biosynthesis of the molybdenum cofactor.
- Crystal structure of molybdopterin synthase and its evolutionary relationship to ubiquitin activation.
- Escherichia coli MoeA and MogA. Function in metal incorporation step of molybdenum cofactor biosynthesis.
- Escherichia coli biotin holoenzyme synthetase/bio repressor crystal structure delineates the biotin- and DNA-binding domains.
- In vitro synthesis of molybdopterin from precursor Z using purified converting factor. Role of protein-bound sulfur in formation of the dithiolene.
- Mechanistic and mutational studies of Escherichia coli molybdopterin synthase clarify the final step of molybdopterin biosynthesis.
- Mechanistic studies of human molybdopterin synthase reaction and characterization of mutants identified in group B patients of molybdenum cofactor deficiency.
- Molybdopterin biosynthesis in man. Properties of the converting factor in liver tissue from a molybdenum cofactor deficient patient.
- Molybdopterin synthase mutations in a mild case of molybdenum cofactor deficiency.
- Structural studies of molybdopterin synthase provide insights into its catalytic mechanism.
- The biosynthesis of molybdopterin in Escherichia coli. Purification and characterization of the converting factor.
- The crystal structure of Escherichia coli MoeA and its relationship to the multifunctional protein gephyrin.
- Thermodynamic analysis of subunit interactions in Escherichia coli molybdopterin synthase.