Subject Areas on Research
- Balance of Irgm protein activities determines IFN-gamma-induced host defense.
- Disruption of the uncoupling protein-2 gene in mice reveals a role in immunity and reactive oxygen species production.
- Endocytosis of red blood cells or haemoglobin by activated macrophages inhibits their tumoricidal effect.
- Inactivation of LRG-47 and IRG-47 reveals a family of interferon gamma-inducible genes with essential, pathogen-specific roles in resistance to infection.
- Infection of male rats with Toxoplasma gondii results in enhanced delay aversion and neural changes in the nucleus accumbens core.
- STAT1 is essential for antimicrobial effector function but dispensable for gamma interferon production during Toxoplasma gondii infection.
- Seroprevalence of Toxoplasma gondii in pregnant women and cats in Grenada, West Indies.
- The function of gamma interferon-inducible GTP-binding protein IGTP in host resistance to Toxoplasma gondii is Stat1 dependent and requires expression in both hematopoietic and nonhematopoietic cellular compartments.
Keywords of People