Subject Areas on Research
- A biomimetic multicellular model of the airways using primary human cells.
- A comparative analysis of marine mammal tracheas.
- A comparison of a silicone wire-reinforced tube with the Parker and polyvinyl chloride tubes for tracheal intubation through an intubating laryngeal mask airway in patients with normal airways undergoing general anesthesia.
- A genome-wide analysis of open chromatin in human tracheal epithelial cells reveals novel candidate regulatory elements for lung function.
- A method for preventing endotracheal tube cuff overdistention caused by nitrous oxide diffusion.
- A revised airway epithelial hierarchy includes CFTR-expressing ionocytes.
- A role for sonic hedgehog signaling in the pathogenesis of human tracheoesophageal fistula.
- Accuracy of the 7-8-9 Rule for endotracheal tube placement in the neonate.
- Activated armadillo/beta-catenin does not play a general role in cell migration and process extension in Drosophila.
- Acute external laryngotracheal trauma: diagnosis and management.
- Age-related changes in the cellular composition and epithelial organization of the mouse trachea.
- Airway smooth muscle dysfunction in Pompe (Gaa-/- ) mice.
- Allograft airway fibrosis in the pulmonary milieu: a disorder of tissue remodeling.
- An unusual presentation of an airway tear.
- Assessing oropharyngeal dysphagia after lung transplantation: altered swallowing mechanisms and increased morbidity.
- BMP antagonism by Noggin is required in presumptive notochord cells for mammalian foregut morphogenesis.
- BMP signaling and cellular dynamics during regeneration of airway epithelium from basal progenitors.
- BOugie or stylet in patients UnderGoing Intubation Emergently (BOUGIE): protocol and statistical analysis plan for a randomised clinical trial.
- Basal cells as stem cells of the mouse trachea and human airway epithelium.
- Beta-arrestins specifically constrain beta2-adrenergic receptor signaling and function in airway smooth muscle.
- Bilateral Upper Lobe Bronchi Originating from the Trachea.
- Biofilm accumulation on endotracheal tubes following prolonged intubation.
- Blunt tracheobronchial injuries: treatment and outcomes.
- Bronchodilator S-nitrosothiol deficiency in asthmatic respiratory failure.
- Bronchoscopy-guided transtracheal and transbronchial fine-needle aspiration biopsy: a 5-year institutional review of 111 cases.
- Building organs from buds, branches and tubes.
- Carbohydrate histochemistry of surface epithelium of rat trachea: backscatter and x-ray imaging.
- Carcinogen-induced unscheduled DNA synthesis in xenotransplanted human tracheobronchial epithelium: comparison with rat tracheal epithelium.
- Cholinergic mechanisms involved with histamine hyperreactivity in immune rabbit airways challenged with ragweed antigen.
- Chondrogenesis by free and vascularized rabbit auricular perichondrium.
- Ciliated epithelial cell lifespan in the mouse trachea and lung.
- Clinical considerations for blunt laryngotracheal trauma in children.
- Coblation of suprastomal granulomas in tracheostomy-dependent children.
- Combined anatomical optical coherence tomography and intraluminal pressure reveal viscoelasticity of the in vivo airway.
- Combined systemic and mucosal immunization with microsphere-encapsulated inactivated simian immunodeficiency virus elicits serum, vaginal, and tracheal antibody responses in female rhesus macaques.
- Compartmentalization of the foregut tube: developmental origins of the trachea and esophagus.
- Complete disruption of right main bronchus: a case report and literature review.
- Composite tissue allotransplantation: current challenges.
- Concurrent production of reactive oxygen and nitrogen species by airway epithelial cells in vitro.
- Cost and time savings following introduction of rejection criteria for clinical specimens.
- Current management of laryngotracheal trauma: case report and literature review.
- Defective innate immunity and hyperinflammation in newborn cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator-knockout ferret lungs.
- Dehydroepiandrosterone and analogs inhibit DNA binding of AP-1 and airway smooth muscle proliferation.
- Determinants of tracheobronchial histologic alterations during conventional mechanical ventilation.
- Development of a citric acid aerosol as a smoking cessation aid.
- Development of a tracheal implant xenograft model to expose human bronchial epithelial cells to toxic gases.
- Developmental expression of neurokinin A and functional neurokinin-2 receptors in lung.
- Different high-frequency ventilator strategies: effect on the propagation of tracheobronchial histopathologic changes.
- Different ontogeny of rate of force generation and shortening velocity in guinea pig trachealis.
- Dorso-ventral heterogeneity in tracheal basal stem cells.
- Effect of allergic bronchoconstriction on airways epithelial permeability to large polar solutes in the guinea pig.
- Effect of cooling on the responsiveness of canine tracheal muscle.
- Effect of intraoperative ischemia on chondrogenesis by vascularized auricular perichondrium grafted in the airway.
- Effect of lidocaine on endothelin-1-mediated airway smooth muscle contraction in the rat trachea.
- Effect of maturational changes in myosin content and morphometry on airway smooth muscle contraction.
- Effect of substance P on neurally mediated contraction of rabbit airway smooth muscle.
- Effects of temperature on cholinergic contractility of rabbit airway muscle.
- Elective Venovenous Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation for Resection of Endotracheal Tumor: A Case Report.
- Emergent thoracotomy for airway control after intrathoracic tracheal injury.
- Endotracheal artificial larynx.
- Endotracheal flumazenil: a new route of administration for benzodiazepine antagonism.
- Epithelial stem cells of the lung: privileged few or opportunities for many?
- Epithelial stem/progenitor cells in lung postnatal growth, maintenance, and repair.
- Evaluating laryngotracheal stenosis in a canine model with virtual bronchoscopy.
- Expression of airway contractile properties and acetylcholinesterase activity in swine.
- Extracellular Ca2+ mobilization in potential-dependent contraction of trachealis of maturing swine.
- Extrinsic coagulation blockade attenuates lung injury and proinflammatory cytokine release after intratracheal lipopolysaccharide.
- Fibroblast growth factor signaling in the developing tracheoesophageal fistula.
- Focal abnormalities of the trachea and main bronchi.
- G protein-coupled receptor kinase 5 regulates airway responses induced by muscarinic receptor activation.
- Healing of a free tracheal autograft is enhanced by topical vascular endothelial growth factor in an experimental rabbit model.
- Hepatic microsomal phospholipids in rats exposed intratracheally to coal fly ash.
- Hyperbaric tracheobronchial compression in cetaceans and pinnipeds.
- Hypersecretion of mucin in response to inflammatory mediators by guinea pig tracheal epithelial cells in vitro is blocked by inhibition of nitric oxide synthase.
- IL-6/STAT3 promotes regeneration of airway ciliated cells from basal stem cells.
- Immune cells in a mouse airway model of obliterative bronchiolitis.
- Immunohistologic quantification of Pseudomonas aeruginosa in the tracheobronchial tree from patients with cystic fibrosis.
- In situ assessment of intraepithelial neoplasia in hamster trachea epithelium using angle-resolved low-coherence interferometry.
- Intercellular growth factor signaling and the development of mouse tracheal submucosal glands.
- Laryngeal and tracheal anomalies in an infant with oral-facial-digital syndrome type VI (Váradi-Papp): report of a transitional type.
- Laryngeal transplantation and 40-month follow-up.
- Laryngotracheal foreign bodies in children. A comparison with bronchial foreign bodies.
- Length oscillation induces force potentiation in infant guinea pig airway smooth muscle.
- Loss of basal cells precedes bronchiolitis obliterans-like pathological changes in a murine model of chlorine gas inhalation.
- Maturation of acetylcholinesterase expression in tracheal smooth muscle contraction.
- Maturation of guinea pig tracheal strip stiffness.
- Maturation of neuromodulatory effect of substance P in rabbit airways.
- Maturational changes in airway smooth muscle shortening and relaxation. Implications for asthma.
- Mechanisms of airway hypercontractility in basenji-greyhound dogs.
- Mechanisms of substance P-induced contraction of rabbit airway smooth muscle.
- Morphogenesis of the trachea and esophagus: current players and new roles for noggin and Bmps.
- Multiple roles for Sox2 in the developing and adult mouse trachea.
- Neurokinin receptors mediating substance P-induced contraction in adult rabbit airways.
- Neurokinin subtype receptors mediating substance P contraction in immature rabbit airways.
- Neuromodulation mediated by neurokinin-1 subtype receptors in adult rabbit airways.
- Neutralizing antibody vaccine for pandemic and pre-emergent coronaviruses.
- Nonoperative management of postintubation tracheal injuries.
- Novel Airway and Ventilator Management of Tracheobronchial Disruption After Blunt Trauma.
- On the terminology for describing the length-force relationship and its changes in airway smooth muscle.
- One shall become two: Separation of the esophagus and trachea from the common foregut tube.
- Ontogenesis of myosin light chain kinase mRNA and protein content in guinea pig tracheal smooth muscle.
- Ontogenesis of myosin light chain phosphorylation in guinea pig tracheal smooth muscle.
- Ontogenic expression of acetylcholinesterase activity in trachealis of young swine.
- Ontogeny of shortening velocity in porcine trachealis.
- Optoacoustic Evaluation of Endotracheal Tube Depth in Pediatrics.
- Outcomes of tracheobronchial stents in patients with malignant airway disease.
- Oxidant stress stimulates mucin secretion and PLC in airway epithelium via a nitric oxide-dependent mechanism.
- PAF-induced contraction of canine trachea mediated by 5-hydroxytryptamine in vivo.
- Parent stem cells can serve as niches for their daughter cells.
- Pericyte requirement for anti-leak action of angiopoietin-1 and vascular remodeling in sustained inflammation.
- Persistent endotracheal tube cuff overdistension: a sign of tracheomalacia.
- Perspective volume rendering of CT and MR images: applications for endoscopic imaging.
- Physiological mechanisms mediating enhanced force generation during development and immune sensitization.
- Potentiation of vagal contractile response by thromboxane mimetic U-46619.
- Protection from experimental asthma by an endogenous bronchodilator.
- Protein kinase C and Ca2+ activation of mucin secretion in airway goblet cells.
- Protein phosphorylation responses in normal and cystic fibrosis airway epithelial cell lines.
- Pulmonary hemodynamic consequences of ECG-synchronized ventilation.
- Quantification of beta adrenergic receptor subtypes in beta-arrestin knockout mouse airways.
- Radiation-induced narrowing of the tracheobronchial tree: an in-depth analysis.
- Radiographic appearance of the Lanz tracheal tube.
- Radiographic features of mediastinal anatomy.
- Radiology quiz case 1. Tracheocele.
- Rapacuronium augments acetylcholine-induced bronchoconstriction via positive allosteric interactions at the M3 muscarinic receptor.
- Reconstruction of the rabbit trachea with vascularized auricular perichondrium.
- Recurrent arteriotracheal fistula.
- Reduced spontaneous relaxation in immature guinea pig airway smooth muscle is associated with increased prostanoid release.
- Rejection criteria for endotracheal aspirates from adults.
- Rejection criteria for endotracheal aspirates from pediatric patients.
- Rejection criteria for endotracheal aspirates.
- Relaxation of guinea pig trachealis during electrical field stimulation increases with age.
- Repair and regeneration of the respiratory system: complexity, plasticity, and mechanisms of lung stem cell function.
- Requirement for reactive oxygen species in serum-induced and platelet-derived growth factor-induced growth of airway smooth muscle.
- Saddle nose, red ears, and fatal airway collapse. Relapsing polychondritis.
- Salvage Cryoablation for Local Recurrences of Thyroid Cancer Inseparable from the Trachea and Neurovascular Structures.
- Sensing Inhalation Injury-Associated Changes in Airway Wall Compliance by Anatomic Optical Coherence Elastography.
- Short trachea and endotracheal tube placement.
- Spatially resolved measurements of hyperpolarized gas properties in the lung in vivo. Part II: T *(2).
- Spiracular fluttering increases oxygen uptake
- Study of gastric fluid induced cytokine and chemokine expression in airway smooth muscle cells and airway remodeling.
- Subjective response to cigarette smoking following airway anesthetization.
- Successful combined surgical approach in a rare case of retrotracheal goitre in a patient with anatomical impediments.
- Synthesis and NK(1)/NK(2) binding activities of a series of diacyl-substituted 2-arylpiperazines.
- TRPV4 channel participates in receptor-operated calcium entry and ciliary beat frequency regulation in mouse airway epithelial cells.
- The "High-Riding" superior pericardial recess: CT findings.
- The novel use of computer-generated virtual imaging to assess the difficult pediatric airway.
- The regulation of the cGMP-binding cGMP phosphodiesterase by proteins that are immunologically related to gamma subunit of the photoreceptor cGMP phosphodiesterase.
- The role of Scgb1a1+ Clara cells in the long-term maintenance and repair of lung airway, but not alveolar, epithelium.
- The role of upper airway stimulation in smoking.
- The use of tracheal implants in toxicology and carcinogenesis research.
- Too big to fail?-An aggressive strategy for a dire problem.
- Tracheal compression delays alveolar collapse during deep diving in marine mammals.
- Tracheal surgery for airway anomalies associated with increased mortality in pediatric patients undergoing heart surgery: Society of Thoracic Surgeons Database analysis.
- Tracheobronchial mucoid pseudotumors.
- Tracheobronchial trauma associated with airway management in neonates.
- Tracheoscopy with the rapiscope to verify endotracheal tube placement.
- Transformation of rat tracheal epithelial cells to immortal growth variants by particulate and soluble nickel compounds.
- Tumor necrosis factor-alpha stimulates mucin secretion and cyclic GMP production by guinea pig tracheal epithelial cells in vitro.
- Ultrastructural morphology of the lung in cystic fibrosis.
- Vagal innervation is required for pulmonary function phenotype in Htr4-/- mice.
- Variable levels of normal RNA in different fetal organs carrying a cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator splicing mutation.
- Vascularized auricular perichondrium in airway reconstruction: the effects of stenting with and without a mucosal graft.
- Virtual bronchoscopy for directing transbronchial needle aspiration of hilar and mediastinal lymph nodes: a pilot study.
- Voice rehabilitation after total laryngectomy and tracheoesophageal puncture using nonmuscle closure.
Keywords of People
- Driehuys, Bastiaan, Professor of Radiology, Biomedical Engineering
- Esclamado, Ramon Mitra, Richard Hall Chaney, Sr. Distinguished Professor Emeritus of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery & Communication Sciences
- Hogan, Brigid L. M., Research Professor of Cell Biology, Cell Biology
- Lee, Walter T, Professor of Head and Neck Surgery & Communication Sciences, Radiation Oncology
- Raynor, Eileen Margolies, Associate Professor of Head and Neck Surgery & Communication Sciences, Pediatrics
- Sunday, Mary Elizabeth Anne, Professor of Pathology, Cell Biology