Subject Areas on Research
- A comparative analysis of EGFR-targeting antibodies for gold nanoparticle CT imaging of lung cancer.
- A comparison of least squares and conditional maximum likelihood estimators under volume endpoint censoring in tumor growth experiments.
- A human CD46 transgenic pig model system for the study of discordant xenotransplantation.
- A local hyperthermia treatment which enhances antibody uptake in a glioma xenograft model does not affect tumour interstitial fluid pressure.
- A methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP) fusion transcript identifies a new gene on chromosome 9p21 that is frequently deleted in cancer.
- A model for optimizing adenoviral delivery in human cancer gene therapy trials.
- A new model of Epstein-Barr virus infection reveals an important role for early lytic viral protein expression in the development of lymphomas.
- A novel androgen-regulated gene, PMEPA1, located on chromosome 20q13 exhibits high level expression in prostate.
- A novel approach to xenotransplantation combining surface engineering and genetic modification of isolated adult porcine islets.
- A novel in vitro assay of tumor-initiating cells in xenograft prostate tumors.
- A novel murine model of human renal cell carcinoma spinal metastasis.
- A novel neoplastic primary tumor-derived human prostate epithelial cell line.
- A porcine xenograft-derived bone scaffold is a biocompatible bone graft substitute: An assessment of cytocompatibility and the alpha-Gal epitope.
- A reliable method for isolation of viable porcine islet cells.
- A synergistic effect of total lymphoid irradiation, cyclosporine, and splenectomy in a hamster-to-rat hepatic xenograft model.
- Abrogation of baboon natural xenoantibody to pig splenocytes by DL-penicillamine.
- Absence of hyperacute rejection in newborn pig-to-baboon cardiac xenografts.
- Absence of hyperacute rejection in pig-to-primate orthotopic pulmonary xenografts.
- Acquired expression of periostin by human breast cancers promotes tumor angiogenesis through up-regulation of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 expression.
- Activation of arterial wall dendritic cells and breakdown of self-tolerance in giant cell arteritis.
- Activity of 9-dimethylaminomethyl-10-hydroxycamptothecin against pediatric and adult central nervous system tumor xenografts.
- Activity of intrathecal 4-hydroperoxycyclophosphamide in a nude rat model of human neoplastic meningitis.
- Activity of irofulven (6-hydroxymethylacylfulvene) in the treatment of glioblastoma multiforme-derived xenografts in athymic mice.
- Activity of temozolomide in the treatment of central nervous system tumor xenografts.
- Acute vascular rejection and accommodation: divergent outcomes of the humoral response to organ transplantation.
- Acute vascular rejection.
- Acyl derivatives of demethylpenclomedine, an antitumor-active, non-neurotoxic metabolites of penclomedine.
- Adhesion to osteopontin in the bone marrow niche regulates lymphoblastic leukemia cell dormancy.
- Adoptively transferred ex vivo expanded gammadelta-T cells mediate in vivo antitumor activity in preclinical mouse models of breast cancer.
- Altered expression of ganglioside phenotypes of human gliomas in vivo and in vitro.
- Altered growth of a human neuroendocrine carcinoma line after transfection of a major histocompatibility complex class I gene.
- Alternative splicing of fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (FGF-R2) in human prostate cancer.
- Amplification and expression of the epidermal growth factor receptor gene in human glioma xenografts.
- Amplification of the c-myc gene in human medulloblastoma cell lines and xenografts.
- An effective strategy for decontamination, ex vivo expansion, and storage of human fetal liver hematopoietic stem cells.
- An in vivo platform for translational drug development in pancreatic cancer.
- Anaplastic human gliomas grown in athymic mice. Morphology and glial fibrillary acidic protein expression.
- Anti-VEGF treatment-resistant pancreatic cancers secrete proinflammatory factors that contribute to malignant progression by inducing an EMT cell phenotype.
- Anti-thymoglobulin induction improves neonatal porcine xenoislet engraftment and survival.
- Antigen expression in xenotransplantation: how low must it go?
- Attenuation of the retinoblastoma pathway in pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors due to increased cdk4/cdk6.
- Attitudes of patients with renal disease on xenotransplantation: A systematic review.
- Axin gene methylation status correlates with radiosensitivity of lung cancer cells.
- BAHCC1 binds H3K27me3 via a conserved BAH module to mediate gene silencing and oncogenesis.
- Bile acids in xenogeneic ex-vivo liver perfusion: function of xenoperfused livers and compatibility with human bile salts and porcine livers.
- Biochemical correlates of temozolomide sensitivity in pediatric solid tumor xenograft models.
- Biology of small cell lung cancer.
- Biophysical characteristics of anti-Gal(alpha)1-3Gal IgM binding to cell surfaces: implications for xenotransplantation.
- Bone formation by human postnatal bone marrow stromal stem cells is enhanced by telomerase expression.
- Brief report: treatment of hepatic failure with ex vivo pig-liver perfusion followed by liver transplantation.
- Bromodeoxyuridine-mediated radiosensitization in human glioma: the effect of concentration, duration, and fluoropyrimidine modulation.
- Busulfan therapy of central nervous system xenografts in athymic mice.
- Buthionine sulfoximine-mediated depletion of glutathione in intracranial human glioma-derived xenografts.
- C-type virus particles in human urogenital tumours after heterotransplantation into nude mice.
- CD4+ T-cell and monocyte interdependence during discordant xenoimmune responses.
- CD40-specific costimulation blockade enhances neonatal porcine islet survival in nonhuman primates.
- CSPG4 protein as a new target for the antibody-based immunotherapy of triple-negative breast cancer.
- Carbohydrate restriction and lactate transporter inhibition in a mouse xenograft model of human prostate cancer.
- Carcinogen-induced unscheduled DNA synthesis in xenotransplanted human tracheobronchial epithelium: comparison with rat tracheal epithelium.
- Cardiac xenografts between primate species provide evidence for the importance of the alpha-galactosyl determinant in hyperacute rejection.
- Catabolism of radioiodinated murine monoclonal antibody F(ab')2 fragment labeled using N-succinimidyl 3-iodobenzoate and Iodogen methods.
- Cell cycle-independent death of prostate adenocarcinoma is induced by the trk tyrosine kinase inhibitor CEP-751 (KT6587).
- Cellular redox modulator, ortho Mn(III) meso-tetrakis(N-n-hexylpyridinium-2-yl)porphyrin, MnTnHex-2-PyP(5+) in the treatment of brain tumors.
- Ceramide mediates nanovesicle shedding and cell death in response to phosphatidylinositol ether lipid analogs and perifosine.
- Characteristics of corneal xenograft rejection in a discordant species combination.
- Characterization of an oxaliplatin sensitivity predictor in a preclinical murine model of colorectal cancer.
- Characterization of cord blood natural killer and lymphokine activated killer lymphocytes following ex vivo cellular engineering.
- Characterization of human anti-porcine "natural antibodies" recovered from ex vivo perfused hearts--predominance of IgM and IgG2.
- Characterization of new gangliosides of the lactotetraose series in murine xenografts of a human glioma cell line.
- Characterization of the epidermal growth factor receptor in human glioma cell lines and xenografts.
- Characterization of the mechanisms of busulfan resistance in a human glioblastoma multiforme xenograft.
- Chimeric anti-tenascin antibody 81C6: increased tumor localization compared with its murine parent.
- Chondrogenic potential of adipose tissue-derived stromal cells in vitro and in vivo.
- Chromosomal composition of malignant human gliomas through serial subcutaneous transplantation in athymic mice.
- Cl- and K+ transport in human biliary cell lines.
- Coagulation, inflammation, and CD46 transgene expression in neonatal porcine islet xenotransplantation.
- Coagulopathy in α-galactosyl transferase knockout pulmonary xenotransplants.
- Colonoscopic injection for murine solid cecal cancer model.
- Combination testing of cediranib (AZD2171) against childhood cancer models by the pediatric preclinical testing program.
- Combination therapy of inhibitors of epidermal growth factor receptor/vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 (AEE788) and the mammalian target of rapamycin (RAD001) offers improved glioblastoma tumor growth inhibition.
- Combined total lymphoid irradiation and cyclosporine promote xenograft survival.
- Compact point-detection fluorescence spectroscopy system for quantifying intrinsic fluorescence redox ratio in brain cancer diagnostics.
- Comparative localization of glioma-reactive monoclonal antibodies in vivo in an athymic mouse human glioma xenograft model.
- Comparative localization of murine monoclonal antibody Me1-14 F(ab')2 fragment and whole IgG2a in human glioma xenografts.
- Comparison of animal models for head and neck cancer cachexia.
- Comparison of monoclonal antibody delivery to intracranial glioma xenografts by intravenous and intracarotid administration.
- Complement-mediated vasoconstriction and graft rejection.
- Comprehensive molecular cytogenetic investigation of chromosomal abnormalities in human medulloblastoma cell lines and xenograft.
- Continuous complement (C) inhibition using soluble C receptor type 1 (sCR1): effect on hyperacute rejection (HAR) of pig-to-primate cardiac xenografts.
- Convergence of oncogenic and hormone receptor pathways promotes metastatic phenotypes.
- Costimulatory molecules are active in the human xenoreactive T-cell response but not in natural killer-mediated cytotoxicity.
- Cyclin D1 overexpression and response to bortezomib treatment in a breast cancer model.
- Cyclocreatine (1-carboxymethyl-2-iminoimidazolidine) inhibits growth of a broad spectrum of cancer cells derived from solid tumors.
- Cytogenetic engineering in vivo: restoration of biologic complement activity to C5-deficient mice by intravenous inoculation of hybrid cells.
- Cytoprotection of PEG-modified adult porcine pancreatic islets for improved xenotransplantation.
- Cytosine methylation and suppression of O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase expression in human rhabdomyosarcoma cell lines and xenografts.
- Cytosolic TMEM88 promotes invasion and metastasis in lung cancer cells by binding DVLS.
- DEK regulates hematopoietic stem engraftment and progenitor cell proliferation.
- Decellularized native and engineered arterial scaffolds for transplantation.
- Decreased fibrinolytic activity in porcine-to-primate cardiac xenotransplantation.
- Defining the cooperative genetic changes that temporally drive alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma.
- Delayed cardiac xenograft rejection in a pig-to-baboon model treated with a tolerance-inducing regimen and donor bone marrow infusion.
- Deletion of p16 and p15 genes in brain tumors.
- Demonstration that mutation of the type II transforming growth factor beta receptor inactivates its tumor suppressor activity in replication error-positive colon carcinoma cells.
- Depletion of pulmonary intravascular macrophages prevents hyperacute pulmonary xenograft dysfunction.
- Detection of metastatic tumors in nude mice: brief communication.
- Development and validation of a method for using breast core needle biopsies for gene expression microarray analyses.
- Development of Novel 18 F-PET Agents for Tumor Hypoxia Imaging.
- Development of a tracheal implant xenograft model to expose human bronchial epithelial cells to toxic gases.
- Differentiation characteristics of newly established medulloblastoma cell lines (D384 Med, D425 Med, and D458 Med) and their transplantable xenografts.
- Dipyridamole-cisplatin potentiation: enhanced in vivo cytotoxicity in xenograft models of human testicular and bladder cancers.
- Direct in vivo evidence for tumor propagation by glioblastoma cancer stem cells.
- Direct in vivo measurement of targeted binding in a human tumor xenograft.
- Discordant complement systems as a factor in hyperacute xenograft rejection.
- Disseminated intravascular coagulation in association with pig-to-primate pulmonary xenotransplantation.
- Divergent roles for RalA and RalB in malignant growth of human pancreatic carcinoma cells.
- Dominant-negative androgen receptor inhibition of intracrine androgen-dependent growth of castration-recurrent prostate cancer.
- Double genetic modification of adenovirus fiber with RGD polylysine motifs significantly enhances gene transfer to isolated human pancreatic islets.
- Dual islet transplantation modeling of the instant blood-mediated inflammatory reaction.
- Dual protein farnesyltransferase-geranylgeranyltransferase-I inhibitors as potential cancer chemotherapeutic agents.
- Dural augmentation approaches and complication rates after posterior fossa decompression for Chiari I malformation and syringomyelia: a Park-Reeves Syringomyelia Research Consortium study.
- E-cadherin is involved in the intrahepatic metastasis of hepatocellular carcinoma.
- EGFR and EGFRvIII interact with PUMA to inhibit mitochondrial translocalization of PUMA and PUMA-mediated apoptosis independent of EGFR kinase activity.
- Early barriers to neonatal porcine islet engraftment in a dual transplant model.
- Effect of an anti-C5a monoclonal antibody indicates a prominent role for anaphylatoxin in pulmonary xenograft dysfunction.
- Effect of continuous complement inhibition using soluble complement receptor type 1 on survival of pig-to-primate cardiac xenografts.
- Effect of isocaloric low fat diet on prostate cancer xenograft progression in a hormone deprivation model.
- Effect of soluble complement receptor type 1 on natural antibody levels during xenograft rejection.
- Effect of xenogeneic chimerism in a human/sheep model on natural antibody.
- Effects of bursectomy and rat skin xenografts on natural antibodies in chickens.
- Effects of glutathione or polyamine depletion on in vivo thermosensitization.
- Effects of immunosuppression and pretransplant splenectomy in newborn cardiac xenograft survival.
- Effects of pretransplant splenectomy and immunosuppression of humoral immunity in a pig-to-newborn goat cardiac xenograft model.
- Efficacy of topoisomerase I inhibitors, topotecan and irinotecan, administered at low dose levels in protracted schedules to mice bearing xenografts of human tumors.
- Elevated DNA polymerase alpha, DNA polymerase beta, and DNA topoisomerase II in a melphalan-resistant rhabdomyosarcoma xenograft that is cross-resistant to nitrosoureas and topotecan.
- Emerging approaches and technologies in transplantation: the potential game changers.
- Engraftment of human synovium into severe combined immune deficient mice. Migration of human peripheral blood T cells to engrafted human synovium and to mouse lymph nodes.
- Enhanced delivery of a monoclonal antibody F(ab')2 fragment to subcutaneous human glioma xenografts using local hyperthermia.
- Enhanced effect of combining human cardiac stem cells and bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells to reduce infarct size and to restore cardiac function after myocardial infarction.
- Enhanced melphalan cytotoxicity following buthionine sulfoximine-mediated glutathione depletion in a human medulloblastoma xenograft in athymic mice.
- Enhanced tumour uptake and in vitro radiotoxicity of no-carrier-added [131I]meta-iodobenzylguanidine: implications for the targeted radiotherapy of neuroblastoma.
- Enhancement of irinotecan (CPT-11) activity against central nervous system tumor xenografts by alkylating agents.
- Enhancement of nitrosourea activity in medulloblastoma and glioblastoma multiforme.
- Epidermal growth factor receptor blockade with C225 plus gemcitabine results in regression of human pancreatic carcinoma growing orthotopically in nude mice by antiangiogenic mechanisms.
- Epithelial stem cells of the lung: privileged few or opportunities for many?
- Establishment and characterization of the human medulloblastoma cell line and transplantable xenograft D283 Med.
- Establishment of a melphalan-resistant rhabdomyosarcoma xenograft with cross-resistance to vincristine and enhanced sensitivity following buthionine sulfoximine-mediated glutathione depletion.
- Ethics: Moral issues of human-non-human primate neural grafting.
- Evaluation of an anti-p185(HER2) (scFv-C(H)2-C(H)3)2 fragment following radioiodination using two different residualizing labels: SGMIB and IB-Mal-D-GEEEK.
- Evaluation of meta-[211At]astatobenzylguanidine in an athymic mouse human neuroblastoma xenograft model.
- Evaluation of new anticancer agents against human pancreatic carcinomas in nude mice.
- Evaluation of porcine-derived small intestine submucosa as a biodegradable graft for gastrointestinal healing.
- Evidence for polyreactive xenoreactive antibodies in the repertoire of human anti-swine antibodies: the 'next' humoral barrier to xenotransplantation?
- Evidence that Hensen's node is a site of retinoic acid synthesis.
- Ex vivo characterization of human anti-porcine hyperacute cardiac rejection.
- Examining the Biosynthesis and Xenoantigenicity of Class II Swine Leukocyte Antigen Proteins.
- Experimental chemotherapy of human medulloblastoma with classical alkylators.
- Experimental study of the effect of diethylstilbestrol on the development of the human female reproductive tract.
- Expression of heme oxygenase-1 can determine cardiac xenograft survival.
- Expression of transforming growth factor beta type II receptor leads to reduced malignancy in human breast cancer MCF-7 cells.
- Extracorporeal liver perfusion using human and pig livers for acute liver failure.
- FGFR4 blockade exerts distinct antitumorigenic effects in human embryonal versus alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma.
- First update of the International Xenotransplantation Association consensus statement on conditions for undertaking clinical trials of porcine islet products in type 1 diabetes--Chapter 4: pre-clinical efficacy and complication data required to justify a clinical trial.
- Flunarizine enhancement of melphalan activity against drug-sensitive/resistant rhabdomyosarcoma.
- Fluorescence ratio imaging of interstitial pH in solid tumours: effect of glucose on spatial and temporal gradients.
- Fluorine-18 labeling of an anti-HER2 VHH using a residualizing prosthetic group via a strain-promoted click reaction: Chemistry and preliminary evaluation.
- Fluorine-18-labeled monoclonal antibody fragments: a potential approach for combining radioimmunoscintigraphy and positron emission tomography.
- Frontiers in nephrology: immune tolerance to allografts in humans.
- Function in athymic nude mice of parathyroid heterografts from patients with primary hyperparathyroidism and secondary hyperparathyroidism.
- Functional evaluation of the grafted wall with porcine-derived small intestinal submucosa (SIS) to a stomach defect in rats.
- G-protein-coupled receptor genes as protooncogenes: constitutively activating mutation of the alpha 1B-adrenergic receptor enhances mitogenesis and tumorigenicity.
- GM-CSF inhibition reduces cytokine release syndrome and neuroinflammation but enhances CAR-T cell function in xenografts.
- Ganglioside mapping of a human medulloblastoma xenograft.
- Gene expression changes in a tumor xenograft by a pyrrole-imidazole polyamide.
- Gene transfer of pigment epithelium-derived factor suppresses tumor growth and angiogenesis in a hepatoblastoma xenograft model.
- Generation of orthotopic and heterotopic human pancreatic cancer xenografts in immunodeficient mice.
- Genetic and epigenetic inactivation of Kruppel-like factor 4 in medulloblastoma.
- Genetic modeling of human rhabdomyosarcoma.
- Genetic therapies for xenotransplantation.
- Genomic amplification and oncogenic properties of the KCNK9 potassium channel gene.
- Glioblastoma stem cells generate vascular pericytes to support vessel function and tumor growth.
- Glioma stem cells promote radioresistance by preferential activation of the DNA damage response.
- Glutathione and glutathione S-transferase in benign and malignant prostate cell lines and prostate tissues.
- Growth inhibition of a human lung adenocarcinoma cell line by genetic complementation with chromosome 11.
- Growth, morphology, and serial transplantation of anaplastic human gliomas in athymic mice.
- Heart xenograft survival with chimeric pig donors and modest immune suppression.
- Heterotransplantation of a human prostatic adenocarcinoma cell line in nude mice.
- Heterotransplantation of human craniopharyngiomas in athymic "nude" mice.
- Histopathologic features of rejecting orthotopic corneal xenografts.
- How heterogeneous are gliomas?
- Human CD4+CD25low adaptive T regulatory cells suppress delayed-type hypersensitivity during transplant tolerance.
- Human antiporcine mixed lymphocyte reaction.
- Human brain tumor xenografts.
- Human fetal liver hematopoietic cell expansion with a novel bioreactor system.
- Human melanoma growth in the peritoneal cavity of the athymic mouse--a model for in vivo study of cell-mediated immunity.
- Human mesenchymal stem cells exert potent antitumorigenic effects in a model of Kaposi's sarcoma.
- Human neural stem cell transplants improve motor function in a rat model of Huntington's disease.
- Human platelets activate porcine endothelial cells through a CD154-dependent pathway.
- Humoral Reactivity of Renal Transplant-Waitlisted Patients to Cells From GGTA1/CMAH/B4GalNT2, and SLA Class I Knockout Pigs.
- Humoral responses to pig-to-baboon cardiac transplantation: implications for the pathogenesis and treatment of acute vascular rejection and for accommodation.
- Hyperthermia-induced enhancement of melphalan activity against a melphalan-resistant human rhabdomyosarcoma xenograft.
- Id1 and Id3 are required for neurogenesis, angiogenesis and vascularization of tumour xenografts.
- Identification of CD146 as a marker enriched for tumor-propagating capacity reveals targetable pathways in primary human sarcoma.
- Identification of molecular signature of head and neck cancer stem-like cells.
- Identification of nitrosourea-resistant human rhabdomyosarcomas by in situ immunostaining of O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase.
- Identification of p18 INK4c as a tumor suppressor gene in glioblastoma multiforme.
- IgG is a prominent component of cynomolgus antiporcine natural xenoantibody.
- Immunoglobulin prevents complement-mediated hyperacute rejection in swine-to-primate xenotransplantation.
- Immunologic barriers to xenotransplantation.
- Immunology of transplantation in the central nervous system.
- Immunopathology of porcine livers perfused with blood of humans with fulminant hepatic failure.
- Improved antitumor activity of a recombinant anti-Lewis(y) immunotoxin not requiring proteolytic activation.
- Improved targeting of an anti-epidermal growth factor receptor variant III monoclonal antibody in tumor xenografts after labeling using N-succinimidyl 5-iodo-3-pyridinecarboxylate.
- Improved therapeutic efficacy of a monoclonal antibody radioiodinated using N-succinimidyl-3-(tri-n-butylstannyl)benzoate.
- Improved xenograft targeting of tumor-specific anti-epidermal growth factor receptor variant III antibody labeled using N-succinimidyl 4-guanidinomethyl-3-iodobenzoate.
- Improving the quantitative accuracy of optical-emission computed tomography by incorporating an attenuation correction: application to HIF1 imaging.
- In utero transplantation of rat hematopoietic stem cells induces xenogeneic chimerism in mice.
- In vitro and in vivo behavior of radiolabeled chimeric anti-EGFRvIII monoclonal antibody: comparison with its murine parent.
- In vitro evaluation of neonatal human immunity against the pig.
- In vitro versus in vivo correlations of chemosensitivity of human medulloblastoma.
- In vivo and in vitro propagation of intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms.
- In vivo evaluation of cell mediated immunity against human melanoma.
- In vivo growth conditions suppress the expression of ganglioside GM2 and favour that of lacto series gangliosides in the human glioma D-54MG cell line.
- In vivo models of human lymphopoiesis and autoimmunity in severe combined immune deficient mice.
- In-transit melanoma: the role of alkylating-agent resistance in regional therapy.
- Increased binding affinity enhances targeting of glioma xenografts by EGFRvIII-specific scFv.
- Influence of circulating antigen on blood pool activity of a radioiodinated monoclonal antibody.
- Influence of gender on allograft rejection in a rat heart transplant model.
- Influence of mouse hepatitis virus on the growth of human melanoma in the peritoneal cavity of the athymic mouse.
- Influence of tumour size on human prostate tumour metastasis in athymic nude mice.
- Inhibition of PC-3 human androgen-independent prostate cancer and its metastases by cytotoxic somatostatin analogue AN-238.
- Inhibition of growth of MDA-MB-468 estrogen-independent human breast carcinoma by bombesin/gastrin-releasing peptide antagonists RC-3095 and RC-3940-II.
- Inhibition of growth of MX-1, MCF-7-MIII and MDA-MB-231 human breast cancer xenografts after administration of a targeted cytotoxic analog of somatostatin, AN-238.
- Inhibition of pyruvate kinase M2 by reactive oxygen species contributes to cellular antioxidant responses.
- Inhibition of the growth of human melanoma xenografts in nude mice by human tumor-specific cytotoxic T-cells.
- Inhibition of the growth of pre-established subcutaneous tumor nodules of human prostate cancer cells by single injection of the recombinant adenovirus p53 expression vector.
- Initial testing (stage 1) of LCL161, a SMAC mimetic, by the Pediatric Preclinical Testing Program.
- Initial testing of VNP40101M (Cloretazine) by the pediatric preclinical testing program.
- Intergeneric poliovirus recombinants for the treatment of malignant glioma.
- Intraarterial O6-benzylguanine enables the specific therapy of nitrosourea-resistant intracranial human glioma xenografts in athymic rats with 1,3-bis(2-chloroethyl)-1-nitrosourea.
- Intraarterial administration of melphalan for treatment of intracranial human glioma xenografts in athymic rats.
- Intraarterial therapy of human glioma xenografts in athymic rats using 4-hydroperoxycyclophosphamide.
- Intraspinal transplantation of neurogenin-expressing stem cells generates spinal cord neural progenitors.
- Intrathecal administration of single-chain immunotoxin, LMB-7 [B3(Fv)-PE38], produces cures of carcinomatous meningitis in a rat model.
- Intrathecal melphalan therapy of human neoplastic meningitis in athymic nude rats.
- Intravenous adenosine selectively increases blood flow to xenotransplanted intracerebral gliomas.
- Investigating the Osteoinductive Potential of a Decellularized Xenograft Bone Substitute.
- Irradiation for xenogeneic transplantation.
- Islet cell transplantation for the treatment of diabetes mellitus.
- Islet cell xenotransplantation: a serious look toward the clinic.
- Islet xenotransplantation using gal-deficient neonatal donors improves engraftment and function.
- Kidney Xenotransplantation: Steps toward Clinical Application.
- Knowledge about transplantation tolerance gained in primates.
- L-amino acid oxidase (LOX) modulation of melphalan activity against intracranial glioma.
- Labeling a TCO-functionalized single domain antibody fragment with 18F via inverse electron demand Diels Alder cycloaddition using a fluoronicotinyl moiety-bearing tetrazine derivative.
- Labeling monoclonal antibodies and F(ab')2 fragments with the alpha-particle-emitting nuclide astatine-211: preservation of immunoreactivity and in vivo localizing capacity.
- Lactotetraose series ganglioside 3',6'-isoLD1 in tumors of central nervous and other systems in vitro and in vivo.
- Lapatinib Plasma and Tumor Concentrations and Effects on HER Receptor Phosphorylation in Tumor.
- Letter to the editor in response to: Measuring success in pig to non-human-primate renal xenotransplantation: Systematic review and comparative outcomes analysis of 1051 life sustaining NHP renal allo- and xeno-transplants by Firl and Markmann.
- Leukemic cells create bone marrow niches that disrupt the behavior of normal hematopoietic progenitor cells.
- Local hyperthermia improves uptake of a chimeric monoclonal antibody in a subcutaneous xenograft model.
- Localisation of [131I]MIBG in nude mice bearing SK-N-SH human neuroblastoma xenografts: effect of specific activity.
- Localization of fluorine-18-labeled Mel-14 monoclonal antibody F(ab')2 fragment in a subcutaneous xenograft model.
- Long Noncoding RNA Ceruloplasmin Promotes Cancer Growth by Altering Glycolysis.
- Long non-coding RNA metastasis associated in lung adenocarcinoma transcript 1 derived miniRNA as a novel plasma-based biomarker for diagnosing prostate cancer.
- Long-term repopulating ability of xenogeneic transplanted human fetal liver hematopoietic stem cells in sheep.
- Macrophage migration into hepatic xenografts in the hamster-to-rat combination.
- Macroporous Dual-compartment Hydrogels for Minimally Invasive Transplantation of Primary Human Hepatocytes.
- Maintenance of primary tumor phenotype and genotype in glioblastoma stem cells.
- Massive or 2-tendon rotator cuff tears in active patients with minimal glenohumeral arthritis: clinical and radiographic outcomes of reconstruction using dermal tissue matrix xenograft.
- Medulloblastoma: tumor biological and clinical perspectives.
- Methotrexate and cytarabine inhibit progression of human lymphoma in NOD/SCID mice carrying a mutant dihydrofolate reductase and cytidine deaminase fusion gene.
- Methylator resistance mediated by mismatch repair deficiency in a glioblastoma multiforme xenograft.
- Microvascular permeability of albumin, vascular surface area, and vascular volume measured in human adenocarcinoma LS174T using dorsal chamber in SCID mice.
- Modulation of cyclophosphamide activity by O6-alkylguanine-DNA alkyltransferase.
- Modulation of eicosanoid metabolism in endothelial cells in a xenograft model. Role of cyclooxygenase-2.
- Molecular barriers to xenotransplantation.
- Molecular characterization of the tumor-suppressive function of nischarin in breast cancer.
- Molecular imaging of alkylguanine-DNA alkyltransferase: further evaluation of radioiodinated derivatives of O6-benzylguanine.
- Monoclonal antibodies against EGFRvIII are tumor specific and react with breast and lung carcinomas and malignant gliomas.
- Monoclonal antibody localization in subcutaneous and intracranial human glioma xenografts: paired-label and imaging analysis.
- Morphological and biochemical properties of a new human breast cancer cell line.
- Mouse models of metastatic pancreatic adenocarcinoma.
- Mutant epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFRvIII) contributes to head and neck cancer growth and resistance to EGFR targeting.
- Mutational inactivation of PTPRD in glioblastoma multiforme and malignant melanoma.
- Natural antipig xenoantibody is absent in neonatal human serum.
- Natural killer cell-endothelial cell interactions in xenotransplantation.
- Naturally occurring anti-alpha-galactosyl antibodies: relationship to xenoreactive anti-alpha-galactosyl antibodies.
- Near-infrared optical imaging of integrin alphavbeta3 in human tumor xenografts.
- Newborn baboon immunity: lessons in cross-species transplantation.
- Newborn baboon serum anti-alpha galactosyl antibody levels and cytotoxicity to cultured pig kidney (PK15) cells.
- Newborn discordant cardiac xenotransplantation in primates: a model of natural antibody depletion.
- Non-anti-Gal alpha1-3Gal antibody mechanisms are sufficient to cause hyperacute lung dysfunction in pulmonary xenotransplantation.
- Non-human to human organ transplantation: its biologic basis and a potential role for radiation therapy.
- Non-invasive, quantitative monitoring of hyperthermia-induced EGFR activation in xenograft tumours.
- O6-alkylguanine-DNA alkyltransferase and sensitivity to procarbazine in human brain-tumor xenografts.
- O6-benzylguanine-mediated enhancement of nitrosourea activity in Mer- central nervous system tumor xenografts--implications for clinical trials.
- Optical and radioiodinated tethered Hsp90 inhibitors reveal selective internalization of ectopic Hsp90 in malignant breast tumor cells.
- Oral feeding with pig peripheral lymphocytes decreases the xenogeneic delayed type hypersensitivity reaction in galactosyltransferase knockout mice.
- Organ donation and treatment of the multi-organ donor.
- Osteopontin promotes CCL5-mesenchymal stromal cell-mediated breast cancer metastasis.
- Overexpression of the MT1 melatonin receptor in MCF-7 human breast cancer cells inhibits mammary tumor formation in nude mice.
- PC3 is a cell line characteristic of prostatic small cell carcinoma.
- Pancreatic adenocarcinoma cell line, MDAPanc-28, with features of both acinar and ductal cells.
- Partial suppression of anchorage-independent growth and tumorigenicity in immunodeficient mice by transfection of the H-2 class I gene H-2Ld into a human colon cancer cell line (HCT).
- Perfusion of single tumor microvessels: application to vascular permeability measurement.
- Pharmacodynamic analysis of target inhibition and endothelial cell death in tumors treated with the vascular endothelial growth factor receptor antagonists SU5416 or SU6668.
- Pharmacokinetics and radiation dosimetry of 18F-fluorocholine.
- Pharmacokinetics of a radioiodinated monoclonal antibody F(ab')2 fragment in a xenograft model with circulating antigen.
- Phenotype of infiltrating cells in an ex vivo model of human antiporcine hyperacute cardiac xenograft rejection.
- Phenotypic analysis of four human medulloblastoma cell lines and transplantable xenografts.
- Phenotypic and genotypic analysis of a human medulloblastoma cell line and transplantable xenograft (D341 Med) demonstrating amplification of c-myc.
- Poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase-1 inhibition reverses temozolomide resistance in a DNA mismatch repair-deficient malignant glioma xenograft.
- Polyclonal HER2-specific antibodies induced by vaccination mediate receptor internalization and degradation in tumor cells.
- Porcine CD80: cloning, characterization, and evidence for its role in direct human T-cell activation.
- Porcine islets as an alternative to human islets for transplantation.
- Positive therapeutic interaction between thiopurines and alkylating drugs in human glioma xenografts.
- Possible production of immunosuppression in the host by exposure to microorganisms: observations in germfree rats.
- Pre-transplant analysis of accommodation in donor pigs.
- Preparing an oncolytic poliovirus recombinant for clinical application against glioblastoma multiforme.
- Prevention of acute lung injury in swine: depletion of pulmonary intravascular macrophages using liposomal clodronate.
- Prevention of hyperacute xenograft rejection by intravenous immunoglobulin.
- Primary hyperparathyroidism: a new experimental animal model.
- Production and characterization of two ependymoma xenografts.
- Progenitor cell dose determines the pace and completeness of engraftment in a xenograft model for cord blood transplantation.
- Prolonged discordant cardiac xenograft survival in newborn recipients.
- Prolonged discordant xenograft survival and delayed xenograft rejection in a pig-to-baboon orthotopic cardiac xenograft model.
- Prolonged function of macrophage, von Willebrand factor-deficient porcine pulmonary xenografts.
- Prolonged heart xenograft survival using combined total lymphoid irradiation and cyclosporine.
- Prolonged survival of hepatic xenografts in the hamster to rat combination: efficacy of cyclosporine in combination with splenectomy.
- Prolonged survival of pig cardiac xenografts in unmodified newborn baboons.
- Protein C inhibitor (plasminogen activator inhibitor-3) expression in the CWR22 prostate cancer xenograft.
- RB-mediated tumor suppression of a lung cancer cell line is abrogated by an extract enriched in extracellular matrix.
- RGS-GAIP-interacting protein controls breast cancer progression.
- Rabbit anti-human leukocyte polyclonal antibody inhibits xenogeneic cell-mediated immune responses.
- Radioimmunotherapy of breast cancer xenografts with monoclonal antibody ICR12 against c-erbB2 p185: comparison of iodogen and N-succinimidyl 4-methyl-3-(tri-n-butylstannyl)benzoate radioiodination methods.
- Radioimmunotherapy of intracerebral human glioma xenografts with 131I-labeled F(ab')2 fragments of monoclonal antibody Mel-14.
- Radioiodinated B6.2 monoclonal antibody: further characterization of a potential radiopharmaceutical for the identification of breast tumors.
- Radioiodination of a monoclonal antibody using N-succinimidyl 5-iodo-3-pyridinecarboxylate.
- Radioiodination via D-amino acid peptide enhances cellular retention and tumor xenograft targeting of an internalizing anti-epidermal growth factor receptor variant III monoclonal antibody.
- Radioiodine and 211At-labeled guanidinomethyl halobenzoyl octreotate conjugates: potential peptide radiotherapeutics for somatostatin receptor-positive cancers.
- Radiolocalization of human mammary tumors in athymic mice by a monoclonal antibody.
- Rate of buthionine sulfoximine entry into brain and xenotransplanted human gliomas.
- Recent advances in genome editing and creation of genetically modified pigs.
- Recent advances in porcine cardiac xenotransplantation: from aortic valve replacement to heart transplantation.
- Recipient Kupffer cell influx into xenografted liver.
- Recombinant oncolytic poliovirus eliminates glioma in vivo without genetic adaptation to a pathogenic phenotype.
- Red blood cell phenotype fidelity following glycerol cryopreservation optimized for research purposes.
- Regional localization of a glioma-associated antigen defined by monoclonal antibody 81C6 in vivo: kinetics and implications for diagnosis and therapy.
- Rejection of xenogeneic porcine islets in humanized mice is characterized by graft-infiltrating Th17 cells and activated B cells.
- Relationship between binding affinity, retention and sensitivity of human rhabdomyosarcoma xenografts to Vinca alkaloids.
- Renal carcinosarcoma. Ultrastructure and transplantation into athymic mice.
- Rodent model of reproductive tract leiomyomata. Clinical and pathological features.
- SETDB1-mediated methylation of Akt promotes its K63-linked ubiquitination and activation leading to tumorigenesis.
- Schedule-dependent activity of irinotecan plus BCNU against malignant glioma xenografts.
- Selective inhibition of matrix metalloproteinase-14 blocks tumor growth, invasion, and angiogenesis.
- Serum amyloid A as a tumor marker in sera of nude mice with orthotopic human pancreatic cancer and in plasma of patients with pancreatic cancer.
- Side population cells isolated from mesenchymal neoplasms have tumor initiating potential.
- Significant prolongation of hamster liver transplant survival in Lewis rats by total-lymphoid irradiation, cyclosporine, and splenectomy.
- Silencing porcine genes significantly reduces human-anti-pig cytotoxicity profiles: an alternative to direct complement regulation.
- Silencing the porcine iGb3s gene does not affect Galα3Gal levels or measures of anticipated pig-to-human and pig-to-primate acute rejection.
- Simultaneous measurements of blood flow and blood-to-tissue transport in xenotransplanted medulloblastomas.
- Sorafenib suppresses postsurgical recurrence and metastasis of hepatocellular carcinoma in an orthotopic mouse model.
- Specific and high-level targeting of radiolabeled octreotide analogues to human medulloblastoma xenografts.
- Specific imaging of human brain tumor xenografts utilizing radiolabelled monoclonal antibodies (MAbs).
- Spontaneous metastasis of cells of the human prostate carcinoma cell line PC-3 in athymic nude mice.
- Stage 1 testing and pharmacodynamic evaluation of the HSP90 inhibitor alvespimycin (17-DMAG, KOS-1022) by the pediatric preclinical testing program.
- Stem cell-like glioma cells promote tumor angiogenesis through vascular endothelial growth factor.
- Steroid induction of therapy-resistant cytokeratin-5-positive cells in estrogen receptor-positive breast cancer through a BCL6-dependent mechanism.
- Stimulation of DNA synthesis in human epidermis by UVB radiation and its inhibition by difluoromethylornithine.
- Successful engraftment of human postnatal thymus in severe combined immune deficient (SCID) mice: differential engraftment of thymic components with irradiation versus anti-asialo GM-1 immunosuppressive regimens.
- Successful laboratory growth and analysis of CUSA-obtained medulloblastoma samples. Technical note.
- Suppression of tumor formation in vivo by expression of the JE gene in malignant cells.
- Surrogate tolerogenesis: possible pretransplant induction of accommodation of pig xenografts.
- Survival of grafted fetal neural cells in kainic acid lesioned CA3 region of adult hippocampus depends upon cell specificity.
- Swine lungs expressing human complement-regulatory proteins are protected against acute pulmonary dysfunction in a human plasma perfusion model.
- Synergistic effects of nelfinavir and bortezomib on proteotoxic death of NSCLC and multiple myeloma cells.
- Synergistic interactions between cyclophosphamide or melphalan and VP-16 in a human rhabdomyosarcoma xenograft.
- Targeted cytotoxic analogue of bombesin/gastrin-releasing peptide inhibits the growth of H-69 human small-cell lung carcinoma in nude mice.
- Targeting A20 decreases glioma stem cell survival and tumor growth.
- Targeting interleukin 6 signaling suppresses glioma stem cell survival and tumor growth.
- Targeting lactate-fueled respiration selectively kills hypoxic tumor cells in mice.
- Temozolomide in early stages of newly diagnosed malignant glioma and neoplastic meningitis.
- Temozolomide is a novel regional infusion agent for the treatment of advanced extremity melanoma.
- The JAK2/STAT3 signaling pathway is required for growth of CD44⁺CD24⁻ stem cell-like breast cancer cells in human tumors.
- The desirable donor pig to eliminate all xenoreactive antigens.
- The effect of 15-deoxyspergualin on hamster-to-rat cardiac xenograft survival.
- The effect of L-amino acid oxidase on activity of melphalan against an intracranial xenograft.
- The effect of TLI and cyclosporine on xenograft survival.
- The effect of an amino acid-lowering diet on the rate of melphalan entry into brain and xenotransplanted glioma.
- The effect of soluble complement receptor type 1 on hyperacute rejection of porcine xenografts.
- The effect of soluble complement receptor type 1 on hyperacute xenograft rejection.
- The effects of local hyperthermia on the catabolism of a radioiodinated chimeric monoclonal antibody.
- The evaluation of thrombomodulin activity in porcine to human xenotransplantation.
- The fate of human platelets exposed to porcine renal endothelium: a single-pass model of platelet uptake in domestic and genetically modified porcine organs.
- The future promises of xenotransplantation.
- The human antiporcine cellular repertoire. In vitro studies of acquired and innate cellular responsiveness.
- The human myoepithelial cell displays a multifaceted anti-angiogenic phenotype.
- The hypoxic microenvironment maintains glioblastoma stem cells and promotes reprogramming towards a cancer stem cell phenotype.
- The interleukin-2 receptor α chain (CD25) plays an important role in regulating monocyte-derived CD40 expression during anti-porcine cellular responses.
- The localisation of radiolabelled murine monoclonal antibody 81C6 and its Fab fragment in human glioma xenografts in athymic mice.
- The past, present, and future of costimulation blockade in organ transplantation.
- The potential of xenotransplants.
- The radiation dose-response relationship in a human glioma xenograft and an evaluation of the influence of glutathione depletion by buthionine sulfoximine.
- The role of adhesion molecules in human leukocyte attachment to porcine vascular endothelium: implications for xenotransplantation.
- The role of anti-Galalpha1-3Gal antibodies in acute vascular rejection and accommodation of xenografts.
- The role of antibodies in dysfunction of pig-to-baboon pulmonary transplants.
- The role of human CD46 in early xenoislet engraftment in a dual transplant model.
- The role of human T cells in human anti-pig xenogeneic cellular responses.
- The role of natural anti-Gal alpha 1-3Gal antibodies in hyperacute rejection of pig-to-baboon cardiac xenotransplants.
- The role of the porcine von Willebrand factor: baboon platelet interactions in pulmonary xenotransplantation.
- The type III transforming growth factor-beta receptor as a novel tumor suppressor gene in prostate cancer.
- The use of tracheal implants in toxicology and carcinogenesis research.
- Therapeutic activity of 7-[(2-trimethylsilyl)ethyl)]-20 (S)-camptothecin against central nervous system tumor-derived xenografts in athymic mice.
- Therapeutic activity of the topoisomerase I inhibitor J-107088 [6-N-(1-hydroxymethyla-2-hydroxyl) ethylamino-12,13-dihydro-13-(beta-D-glucopyranosyl) -5H-indolo[2,3-a]-pyrrolo[3,4-c]-carbazole-5,7(6H)-dione]] against pediatric and adult central nervous system tumor xenografts.
- Therapeutic efficacy of the topoisomerase I inhibitor 7-ethyl-10-(4-[1-piperidino]-1-piperidino)-carbonyloxy-camptothecin against pediatric and adult central nervous system tumor xenografts.
- Therapeutic strategies for xenograft rejection.
- Tissue antigens of man and chimpanzees; their role in xenografting.
- Tissue distribution and radiation dosimetry of astatine-211-labeled chimeric 81C6, an alpha-particle-emitting immunoconjugate.
- Tocopherol-associated protein suppresses prostate cancer cell growth by inhibition of the phosphoinositide 3-kinase pathway.
- Total lymphoid irradiation for cardiac xenotransplantation in nonhuman primates.
- Total respiratory support from swine lungs in primate recipients.
- Transduction of human melanoma cells with interleukin-2 gene reduces tumorigenicity and enhances host antitumor immunity: a nude mouse model.
- Transient B-cell depletion combined with apoptotic donor splenocytes induces xeno-specific T- and B-cell tolerance to islet xenografts.
- Transplantation of discordant xenografts: a challenge revisited.
- Transplantation of insulinoma into the diabetic Syrian hamster.
- Treatment of central nervous system xenografts with camptothecins.
- Treatment of human glioma and medulloblastoma tumor lines in athymic mice with diaziquone and diaziquone-based drug combinations.
- Treatment of intracranial human glioma xenografts with 131I-labeled anti-tenascin monoclonal antibody 81C6.
- Treatment of neoplastic meningitis with intrathecal temozolomide.
- Treatment with immunotoxin.
- Trefoil factor 1 acts to suppress senescence induced by oncogene activation during the cellular transformation process.
- Tumor Repression of VCaP Xenografts by a Pyrrole-Imidazole Polyamide.
- Tumor-specific anti-epidermal growth factor receptor variant III monoclonal antibodies: use of the tyramine-cellobiose radioiodination method enhances cellular retention and uptake in tumor xenografts.
- Tyrosine phosphorylation of the human glutathione S-transferase P1 by epidermal growth factor receptor.
- Urinary-type plasminogen activator receptor/alpha 3 beta 1 integrin signaling, altered gene expression, and oral tumor progression.
- Use of heterohybridomas in xenotransplantation.
- Use of three-dimensional tissue cultures to model extravascular transport and predict in vivo activity of hypoxia-targeted anticancer drugs.
- Utilization of the chick chorioallantoic membrane for in vitro growth of the embryonic murine kidney.
- Vascular endothelial cells produce soluble factors that mediate the recovery of human hematopoietic stem cells after radiation injury.
- Vascular permeability in a human tumor xenograft: molecular size dependence and cutoff size.
- Vascular permeability in a human tumour xenograft: molecular charge dependence.
- Vertical suppression of the EGFR pathway prevents onset of resistance in colorectal cancers.
- WNT3A promotes myogenesis of human embryonic stem cells and enhances in vivo engraftment.
- What's new in transplantation.
- What's new--what's hot in basic science: American Transplant Congress 2004.
- When pigs fly.
- Xenoantigens expressed on swine erythrocytes, lymphoblastoid cells, and endothelial cells.
- Xenograft survival in two species combinations using total-lymphoid irradiation and cyclosporine.
- Xenoreactive natural antibodies and isohemagglutinins: a distinct class of antibodies.
- Xenotransplantation of baboon bone marrow cells: a historical review of the protocols as a possible treatment modality for HIV/AIDS.
- Xenotransplantation-the current status and prospects.
- Yin Yang 1 plays an essential role in breast cancer and negatively regulates p27.
Keywords of People
- Chen, Jun, Professor of Medicine, Duke Cancer Institute
- Hogan, Brigid L. M., Research Professor of Cell Biology, Cell Biology
- Preminger, Glenn Michael, James F. Glenn, M.D. Distinguished Professor of Urology, Surgery, Urology
- Sampson, John Howard, Robert H., M.D. and Gloria Wilkins Professor of Neurosurgery, in the School of Medicine, Biomedical Engineering
- Velkey, John Matthew, Assistant Professor of the Practice of Medical Education in the Department of Cell Biology, Cell Biology