Subject Areas on Research
- Acyl-CoAs are functionally channeled in liver: potential role of acyl-CoA synthetase.
- Concentration-related effects of nitric oxide and endothelin-1 on human trabecular meshwork cell contractility.
- Engineering of glycerol-stimulated insulin secretion in islet beta cells. Differential metabolic fates of glucose and glycerol provide insight into mechanisms of stimulus-secretion coupling.
- Molecular or pharmacologic perturbation of the link between glucose and lipid metabolism is without effect on glucose-stimulated insulin secretion. A re-evaluation of the long-chain acyl-CoA hypothesis.
- Nitric oxide enhancement of fludarabine cytotoxicity for B-CLL lymphocytes.
- Nitric oxide modulates branching morphogenesis in fetal rat lung explants.
- Overexpression of a modified human malonyl-CoA decarboxylase blocks the glucose-induced increase in malonyl-CoA level but has no impact on insulin secretion in INS-1-derived (832/13) beta-cells.