Subject Areas on Research
- A mathematical model of tryptophan metabolism via the kynurenine pathway provides insights into the effects of vitamin B-6 deficiency, tryptophan loading, and induction of tryptophan 2,3-dioxygenase on tryptophan metabolites.
- Effects of 540C91 [(E)-3-[2-(4'-pyridyl)-vinyl]-1H-indole], an inhibitor of hepatic tryptophan dioxygenase, on brain quinolinic acid in mice.
- Nitrosative stress: metabolic pathway involving the flavohemoglobin.
- Steroid hormone regulation of specific gene expression.
- Studies of the copper and heme cofactors of pseudomonad L-tryptophan-2,3-dioxygenase by electron paramagnetic resonance spectroscopy.
- The inhibition of the kynurenine pathway prevents behavioral disturbances and oxidative stress in the brain of adult rats subjected to an animal model of schizophrenia.
- The neurotoxin quinolinic acid is increased in spinal cords of mice with herpes simplex virus encephalitis.