Subject Areas on Research
- 3-nitrotyrosine attenuates respiratory syncytial virus infection in human bronchial epithelial cell line.
- A cellular genome-wide association study reveals human variation in microtubule stability and a role in inflammatory cell death.
- A high mitochondrial transport rate characterizes CNS neurons with high axonal regeneration capacity.
- A specific domain of Gialpha required for the transactivation of Gialpha by tubulin is implicated in the organization of cellular microtubules.
- An estimate to the first approximation of microtubule rupture force.
- Analysis of the regulation of microtubule dynamics by interaction of RGSZ1 (RGS20) with the neuronal stathmin, SCG10.
- Anastral spindle assembly and γ-tubulin in Drosophila oocytes.
- Ankyrin regulation: an alternatively spliced segment of the regulatory domain functions as an intramolecular modulator.
- Antitumor Agents. 154. Cytotoxic and Antimitotic Flavonols from Polanisia dodecandra
- Antitumor agents. 139. Synthesis and biological evaluation of thiocolchicine analogs 5,6-dihydro-6(S)-(acyloxy)- and 5,6-dihydro-6(S)-[(aroyloxy)methyl]-1,2,3-trimethoxy-9-(methylthio)-8H- cyclohepta[a]naphthalen-8-ones as novel cytotoxic and antimitotic agents.
- Antitumor agents. 172. Synthesis and biological evaluation of novel deacetamidothiocolchicin-7-ols and ester analogs as antitubulin agents.
- Antitumor agents. Part 215: antitubulin effects of cytotoxic B-ring modified allocolchicinoids.
- Apparent elastic modulus and hysteresis of skeletal muscle cells throughout differentiation.
- Arl2- and Msps-dependent microtubule growth governs asymmetric division.
- Assembly and dynamics of an anastral:astral spindle: the meiosis II spindle of Drosophila oocytes.
- Assembly of proteolytically cleaved tubulin.
- Assembly of pure tubulin in the absence of free GTP: effect of magnesium, glycerol, ATP, and the nonhydrolyzable GTP analogues.
- Association of ebola virus matrix protein VP40 with microtubules.
- Atomic structures of tubulin and FtsZ.
- Bacterial cell division protein FtsZ assembles into protofilament sheets and minirings, structural homologs of tubulin polymers.
- Beyond taxanes: a review of novel agents that target mitotic tubulin and microtubules, kinases, and kinesins.
- Binding sites on microtubules of kinesin motors of the same or opposite polarity.
- Brain ankyrin. A membrane-associated protein with binding sites for spectrin, tubulin, and the cytoplasmic domain of the erythrocyte anion channel.
- BtubA-BtubB heterodimer is an essential intermediate in protofilament assembly.
- CCP1 promotes mitochondrial fusion and motility to prevent Purkinje cell neuron loss in pcd mice.
- Ca(v)3.1 splice variant expression during neuronal differentiation of Y-79 retinoblastoma cells.
- Calmodulin--an intracellular calcium receptor.
- Calmodulin-microtubule association in cultured mammalian cells.
- Centrosome and spindle function of the Drosophila Ncd microtubule motor visualized in live embryos using Ncd-GFP fusion proteins.
- Class IIb HDAC6 regulates endothelial cell migration and angiogenesis by deacetylation of cortactin.
- Colchicine--Update on mechanisms of action and therapeutic uses.
- Deactylase inhibitors disrupt cellular complexes containing protein phosphatases and deacetylases.
- Developmental regulation of calmodulin, actin, and tubulin RNAs during rat testis differentiation.
- Differential effects of unfolded protein response pathways on axon injury-induced death of retinal ganglion cells.
- Dilution-induced disassembly of microtubules: relation to dynamic instability and the GTP cap.
- Divergent regulation of functionally distinct γ-tubulin complexes during differentiation.
- Dynamic instability of individual microtubules analyzed by video light microscopy: rate constants and transition frequencies.
- EB1-microtubule interactions in Xenopus egg extracts: role of EB1 in microtubule stabilization and mechanisms of targeting to microtubules.
- Effect of vitamin A on microtubules of rat brain and liver.
- Effects of magnesium on the dynamic instability of individual microtubules.
- Enhancement of the ncdD microtubule motor mutant by mutants of alpha Tub67C.
- Erythrocyte ankyrin: immunoreactive analogues are associated with mitotic structures in cultured cells and with microtubules in brain.
- Evolution of the cytoskeleton.
- Expanded polyglutamine stretches form an 'aggresome'.
- Expression of RNAs for calmodulin, actins, and tubulins in rat testis cells.
- FSH stimulation of protein kinase inhibitor: regulation of cellular metabolism.
- Filamentous fungal-specific septin AspE is phosphorylated in vivo and interacts with actin, tubulin and other septins in the human pathogen Aspergillus fumigatus.
- Fluorescence recovery kinetic analysis of gamma-tubulin binding to the mitotic spindle.
- FtsZ Protofilament Curvature Is the Opposite of Tubulin Rings.
- FtsZ, a prokaryotic homolog of tubulin?
- Function of microtubules under inadequate protein diet.
- G2019S-LRRK2 Expression Augments α-Synuclein Sequestration into Inclusions in Neurons.
- GTP hydrolysis during microtubule assembly.
- Gamma-tubulin nucleation: template or protofilament?
- Genetic analysis of the beta-tubulin gene, TUBB, in non-small-cell lung cancer.
- Guanosinetriphosphatase activity of tubulin associated with microtubule assembly.
- HDAC6 controls major cell response pathways to cytotoxic accumulation of protein aggregates.
- HDAC6 deacetylation of tubulin modulates dynamics of cellular adhesions.
- HDAC6 is a microtubule-associated deacetylase.
- Haploidy and androgenesis in Drosophila.
- How calcium causes microtubule depolymerization.
- Human apolipoprotein E accelerates microtubule polymerization in vitro.
- Immunohistochemistry of the canine vomeronasal organ.
- Immunohistochemistry of the canine vomeronasal organ.
- Immunoreactive forms of human erythrocyte ankyrin are localized in mitotic structures in cultured cells and are associated with microtubules in brain.
- In situ imaging in C. elegans reveals developmental regulation of microtubule dynamics.
- In vitro assembly and GTP hydrolysis by bacterial tubulins BtubA and BtubB.
- In vitro assembly studies of FtsZ/tubulin-like proteins (TubZ) from Bacillus plasmids: evidence for a capping mechanism.
- Increased calmodulin affects cell morphology and mRNA levels of cytoskeletal protein genes.
- Inhibition of Spleen Tyrosine Kinase Potentiates Paclitaxel-Induced Cytotoxicity in Ovarian Cancer Cells by Stabilizing Microtubules.
- Kinetics of protein farnesyltransferase: sigmoidal vs hyperbolic behavior as a function of assay conditions.
- Large conformational changes in a kinesin motor catalyzed by interaction with microtubules.
- Leveraging single protein polymers to measure flexural rigidity.
- Loss of deacetylation activity of Hdac6 affects emotional behavior in mice.
- Mature Drosophila meiosis I spindles comprise microtubules of mixed polarity.
- Microtubule acetylation amplifies p38 kinase signalling and anti-inflammatory IL-10 production.
- Microtubule dynamic instability and GTP hydrolysis.
- Microtubule nucleation and organization in teleost photoreceptors: microtubule recovery after elimination by cold.
- Microtubule structure at 18 A resolution.
- Microtubule treadmilling in vitro investigated by fluorescence speckle and confocal microscopy.
- Misexpression of ptf1a in cortical pyramidal cells in vivo promotes an inhibitory peptidergic identity.
- Modeling the physics of FtsZ assembly and force generation.
- Molecular identification of Aspergillus species collected for the Transplant-Associated Infection Surveillance Network.
- Mutations in INVS encoding inversin cause nephronophthisis type 2, linking renal cystic disease to the function of primary cilia and left-right axis determination.
- Negatively stained vinblastine aggregates.
- Netrin-1-mediated axon guidance in mouse embryonic stem cells overexpressing neurogenin-1.
- Normal spastin gene dosage is specifically required for axon regeneration.
- Nucleation of microtubule assembly. Experimental kinetics, computer fitting of models, and observations on tubulin rings.
- OP18/stathmin binds near the C-terminus of tubulin and facilitates GTP binding.
- Pcp1p, an Spc110p-related calmodulin target at the centrosome of the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe.
- Phorbol myristate acetate stimulates microtubule and 10-nm filament extension and lysosome redistribution in mouse macrophages.
- Phosphorylation of RNA polymerase II C-terminal domain and transcriptional elongation.
- Phosphorylation of microtubule-associated proteins by protein kinase CK2 in neuritogenesis.
- Phylogenetic utility of indels within ribosomal DNA and beta-tubulin sequences from fungi in the Rhizoctonia solani species complex.
- Plasmid protein TubR uses a distinct mode of HTH-DNA binding and recruits the prokaryotic tubulin homolog TubZ to effect DNA partition.
- Polycation-induced assembly of purified tubulin.
- Posttranslational modifications of tubulin in teleost photoreceptor cytoskeletons.
- Prenylation-dependent association of Ki-Ras with microtubules. Evidence for a role in subcellular trafficking.
- Protein acetylation and histone deacetylase expression associated with malignant breast cancer progression.
- Protein kinase C zeta is associated with the mitotic apparatus in primary cell cultures of the shark rectal gland.
- Protofilaments and rings, two conformations of the tubulin family conserved from bacterial FtsZ to alpha/beta and gamma tubulin.
- Regulation by and of calmodulin in mammalian cells.
- Regulation of glioblastoma stem cells by retinoic acid: role for Notch pathway inhibition.
- Regulation of intracellular levels of calmodulin and tubulin in normal and transformed cells.
- Regulation of protein phosphorylation and motility of sperm by cyclic adenosine monophosphate and calcium.
- Requirement of HDAC6 for transforming growth factor-beta1-induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition.
- Resolving the molecular structure of microtubules under physiological conditions with scanning force microscopy.
- Selective loss of RPGRIP1-dependent ciliary targeting of NPHP4, RPGR and SDCCAG8 underlies the degeneration of photoreceptor neurons.
- Structure of microtubules with reduced hydration. Comparison of results from X-ray diffraction and electron microscopy.
- Structure of the Z Ring-associated Protein, ZapD, Bound to the C-terminal Domain of the Tubulin-like Protein, FtsZ, Suggests Mechanism of Z Ring Stabilization through FtsZ Cross-linking.
- Sulfo-SMCC Prevents Annealing of Taxol-Stabilized Microtubules In Vitro.
- Synapsin I is a microtubule-bundling protein.
- Systematics of the genus Chaetosphaeria and its allied genera: morphological and phylogenetic diversity in north temperate and neotropical taxa.
- Tau deficiency leads to the upregulation of BAF-57, a protein involved in neuron-specific gene repression.
- Tau--an inhibitor of deacetylase HDAC6 function.
- The Chloroplast Tubulin Homologs FtsZA and FtsZB from the Red Alga Galdieria sulphuraria Co-assemble into Dynamic Filaments.
- The Drosophila claret segregation protein is a minus-end directed motor molecule.
- The G protein-coupled receptor kinase 2 is a microtubule-associated protein kinase that phosphorylates tubulin.
- The c-Jun N-terminal kinase 1 (JNK1) in spinal astrocytes is required for the maintenance of bilateral mechanical allodynia under a persistent inflammatory pain condition.
- The discovery of the prokaryotic cytoskeleton: 25th anniversary.
- The kinetics of microtubule assembly. Evidence for a two-stage nucleation mechanism.
- The marriage of quantitative genetics and cell biology: a novel screening approach reveals people have genetically encoded variation in microtubule stability.
- The microtubule-associated histone deacetylase 6 (HDAC6) regulates epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) endocytic trafficking and degradation.
- The novel tubulin-binding drug BTO-956 inhibits R3230AC mammary carcinoma growth and angiogenesis in Fischer 344 rats.
- The structure and assembly of microtubules.
- The synergistic combination of the farnesyl transferase inhibitor lonafarnib and paclitaxel enhances tubulin acetylation and requires a functional tubulin deacetylase.
- Thermodynamic and kinetic aspects of assembly.
- Tubulin and calmodulin. Effects of microtubule and microfilament inhibitors on localization in the mitotic apparatus.
- Tubulin rings: curved filaments with limited flexibility and two modes of association.
- Two-dimensional tracking of ncd motility by back focal plane interferometry.
- XMAP215 is a long thin molecule that does not increase microtubule stiffness.
Keywords of People
- Bennett, Vann, George Barth Geller Distinguished Professor of Molecular Biology, Duke Cancer Institute
- Erickson, Harold Paul, James B. Duke Distinguished Professor Emeritus, Cell Biology