Subject Areas on Research
- Accelerated epigenetic age as a biomarker of cardiovascular sensitivity to traffic-related air pollution.
- Anticipated Negative Police-Youth Encounters and Depressive Symptoms among Pregnant African American Women: A Brief Report.
- Association of a Park-Based Violence Prevention and Mental Health Promotion After-School Program With Youth Arrest Rates.
- Changing fruit and vegetable consumption among children: the 5-a-Day Power Plus program in St. Paul, Minnesota.
- Chlordanes in the indoor and outdoor air of three U.S. cities.
- Chronic kidney disease in HIV infection: an urban epidemic.
- Cognitive and sociodemographic risk factors for mortality in the Seattle Longitudinal Study.
- Common cancers in India: knowledge, attitudes and behaviours of urban slum dwellers in New Delhi.
- Determinants of hypertension in West Africa: contribution of anthropometric and dietary factors to urban-rural and socioeconomic gradients.
- Diabetes-specific emotional distress among African Americans and Hispanics with type 2 diabetes.
- Early childhood caries: analysis of psychosocial and biological factors in a high-risk population.
- Effectiveness of a city-wide program to prevent mother-to-child HIV transmission in Lusaka, Zambia.
- Emergence of Salmonella enterica serotype Paratyphi A as a major cause of enteric fever in Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Esophageal eosinophilia is increased in rural areas with low population density: results from a national pathology database.
- Ethnic subgroup differences in hypertension in Pakistan.
- Exploring associations between physical activity and perceived and objective measures of the built environment.
- Exposure and peritraumatic response as predictors of posttraumatic stress in children following the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing.
- Facial fractures of the upper craniofacial skeleton predict mortality and occult intracranial injury after blunt trauma: an analysis.
- Factors associated with overweight among urban American Indian adolescents: findings from Project EAT.
- Fibromyalgia in rheumatology practice: a survey of Canadian rheumatologists.
- HIV incidence and risk behaviours after voluntary HIV counselling and testing (VCT) among adults aged 19-35 years living in peri-urban communities around Chiang Mai city in northern Thailand, 1999.
- Incidence and Risk of Suicide Among Patients With Head and Neck Cancer in Rural, Urban, and Metropolitan Areas.
- Introduction to the Special Issue of the Journal of Urban Health on Incarceration and Health.
- Knowledge about human papillomavirus among adolescents.
- Learning from 2523 trauma deaths in India- opportunities to prevent in-hospital deaths.
- Linking clinical and public health approaches to improve access to health care for socially disadvantaged mothers and children. A feasibility study.
- Making the case for school-based health: where do we stand?
- Mapping routine measles vaccination in low- and middle-income countries.
- Neighborhood clustering of non-communicable diseases: results from a community-based study in Northern Tanzania.
- Neighborhood structural characteristics and mental disorder: Faris and Dunham revisited.
- Non-AIDS-defining events among HIV-1-infected adults receiving combination antiretroviral therapy in resource-replete versus resource-limited urban setting.
- Perception of friends' use of alcohol, cigarettes, and marijuana among urban schoolchildren: a longitudinal analysis.
- Population density, distance to public transportation, and health of women in low-income neighborhoods.
- Pre-Pregnancy Hypertension Among Women in Rural and Urban Areas of the United States.
- Prevalence and Associations of Metabolic Syndrome in an Urban High Diabetes Risk Population in a Low/Middle-Income Country.
- Prevalence of Helicobacter pylori infection and associated factors among adults in Southern Brazil: a population-based cross-sectional study.
- Prevalence of SARS-CoV-2 in Karnataka, India.
- Public knowledge of automatic external defibrillators in a large U.S. urban community.
- Rapidly rising rates of overweight and obesity coupled with persistently high rates of undernutrition among school aged children in an urban Indo-Asian population: authors' response.
- Relationships of Indoor, Outdoor, and Personal Air (RIOPA). Part I. Collection methods and descriptive analyses.
- Reproductive and family planning history, knowledge, and needs: a community survey of low-income women in Beijing, China.
- Rise in childhood obesity with persistently high rates of undernutrition among urban school-aged Indo-Asian children.
- Risk of napping: excessive daytime sleepiness and mortality in an older community population.
- Root caries patterns and risk factors of middle-aged and elderly people in China.
- Rural-urban blood lead differences in North Carolina children.
- Rural-urban differences in HIV viral loads and progression to AIDS among new HIV cases.
- Safe to walk? Neighborhood safety and physical activity among public housing residents.
- Season and size of urban particulate matter differentially affect cytotoxicity and human immune responses to Mycobacterium tuberculosis.
- Secular Trends in Meal and Snack Patterns among Adolescents from 1999 to 2010.
- Shifting Gears: Triage and Traffic in Urban India
- Small area variation in low birthweight: looking beyond socioeconomic predictors.
- Social inequalities in BMI trajectories: 8-year follow-up of the Pró-Saúde study in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Social inequalities, stressors and self reported health status among African American and white women in the Detroit metropolitan area.
- Social inequality and depressive disorders in Bahia, Brazil: interactions of gender, ethnicity, and social class.
- Social networks and health-related quality of life among Chinese old adults in urban areas: results from 4th National Household Health Survey.
- Tackling the challenges to health equity in China.
- Tales of the tenements: midwifery training in Glasgow.
- The Tsinghua-Lancet Commission on Healthy Cities in China: unlocking the power of cities for a healthy China.
- The blind men and the elephant: Identification of a latent maltreatment construct for youth in foster care.
- The effects of California Proposition 187 on ophthalmology clinic utilization at an inner-city urban hospital.
- The predominance of membranoproliferative glomerulonephritis in childhood nephrotic syndrome in Ibadan, Nigeria.
- The prevalence of and risk factors for pterygium in an urban Malay population: the Singapore Malay Eye Study (SiMES).
- Trends in head and neck cancer incidence in Tianjin, China, between 1981 and 2002.
- Urban airborne particle exposure impairs human lung and blood Mycobacterium tuberculosis immunity.
- Urban-Rural Mortality Disparities from Chronic Lower Respiratory Diseases in the United States, 1999-2019.
- Urinary tract pathogens and antimicrobial sensitivity patterns in children in Ibadan, Nigeria.
- Using technology to promote postpartum weight loss in urban, low-income mothers: a pilot randomized controlled trial.
- Whole genome sequencing identifies circulating Beijing-lineage Mycobacterium tuberculosis strains in Guatemala and an associated urban outbreak.
- Workers' compensation experience of North Carolina residential construction workers, 1986-1994.
Keywords of People
- Bennett, Vann, George Barth Geller Distinguished Professor of Molecular Biology, Duke Cancer Institute