Subject Areas on Research
- A critical review of the risks to water resources from unconventional shale gas development and hydraulic fracturing in the United States.
- A predictive approach to nutrient criteria.
- Abundance and molecular diversity of thraustochytrids in coastal waters of southern China.
- An outbreak of Shigella sonnei gastroenteritis on Colorado River raft trips.
- Assessment of water quality management with a systematic qualitative uncertainty analysis.
- Bacterial community responses to a gradient of alkaline mountaintop mine drainage in Central Appalachian streams.
- Brine Spills Associated with Unconventional Oil Development in North Dakota.
- Cholera on Guam, 1974: epidemiologic findings and isolation of non-toxinogenic strains.
- Effect of point-of-use disinfection, flocculation and combined flocculation-disinfection on drinking water quality in western Kenya.
- Effects of urbanization and urban stream restoration on the physical and biological structure of stream ecosystems.
- Environmental health in China: progress towards clean air and safe water.
- Environmental impacts of the Tennessee Valley Authority Kingston coal ash spill. 1. Source apportionment using mercury stable isotopes.
- Environmental impacts of the Tennessee Valley Authority Kingston coal ash spill. 2. Effect of coal ash on methylmercury in historically contaminated river sediments.
- Human visual function in the North Carolina clinical study on possible estuary-associated syndrome.
- Long-term trends in liver neoplasms in brown bullhead in the Buffalo River, New York, USA.
- Methane contamination of drinking water accompanying gas-well drilling and hydraulic fracturing.
- Predicting the frequency of water quality standard violations: a probabilistic approach for TMDL development.
- Reducing atrazine losses: water quality implications of alternative runoff control practices.
- Salinity of deep groundwater in California: Water quantity, quality, and protection.
- Seafood prices reveal impacts of a major ecological disturbance.
- Survey of the potential environmental and health impacts in the immediate aftermath of the coal ash spill in Kingston, Tennessee.
- Testing the field of dreams hypothesis: functional responses to urbanization and restoration in stream ecosystems.
- The safety of eating shellfish.
- The water crisis in the gaza strip: prospects for resolution.
- What is a stream?
Keywords of People
- Hsu-Kim, Heileen, Professor in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Sutherland, Sara A., Lecturer, Univ in the Sanford School of Public Policy, Sanford School of Public Policy