Subject Areas on Research
- Assessing TMDL effectiveness using flow-adjusted concentrations: a case study of the Neuse River, North Carolina.
- Bottlenose dolphins as indicators of persistent organic pollutants in the western North Atlantic Ocean and northern Gulf of Mexico.
- Fluoride exposure from groundwater as reflected by urinary fluoride and children's dental fluorosis in the Main Ethiopian Rift Valley.
- Genotoxicity in Atlantic killifish (Fundulus heteroclitus) from a PAH-contaminated Superfund site on the Elizabeth River, Virginia.
- Groundwater quality and its health impact: An assessment of dental fluorosis in rural inhabitants of the Main Ethiopian Rift.
- Nephrotoxic contaminants in drinking water and urine, and chronic kidney disease in rural Sri Lanka.
- Noble gases identify the mechanisms of fugitive gas contamination in drinking-water wells overlying the Marcellus and Barnett Shales.
- River transport of mercury from artisanal and small-scale gold mining and risks for dietary mercury exposure in Madre de Dios, Peru.
- The geography of mercury and PCBs in North Carolina's local seafood.
- The isotopic composition of anthropogenic boron and its potential impact on the environment.
- The use of Bayesian networks for nanoparticle risk forecasting: model formulation and baseline evaluation.
- Understanding, managing, and minimizing urban impacts on surface water nitrogen loading.
- Validation and sensitivity of the FINE Bayesian network for forecasting aquatic exposure to nano-silver.
Keywords of People
- Nowacek, Douglas, Randolph K. Repass and Sally-Christine Rodgers University Distinguished Professor of Conservation Technology in Environment and Engineering, Duke University Energy Initiative
- Sutherland, Sara A., Lecturer, Univ in the Sanford School of Public Policy, Sanford School of Public Policy