Subject Areas on Research
- Arthritis syndromes associated with human T cell lymphotropic virus type I infection.
- Design of experimental synthetic peptide immunogens for prevention of HIV-1 and HTLV-I retroviral infections.
- Development of a multiplex PCR assay for the simultaneous detection and discrimination of HIV-1, HIV-2, HTLV-I and HTLV-II.
- Differential expression of alternatively spliced pX mRNAs in HTLV-I-infected cell lines.
- Overexpression of p21(waf1) in human T-cell lymphotropic virus type 1-infected cells and its association with cyclin A/cdk2.
- Prevalence of HTLV-I-associated T-cell lymphoma.
- Protein isoforms encoded by the pX region of human T-cell leukemia/lymphotropic virus type I.
- Seroprevalence of HTLV-I in Cheju Island, a Korean island adjacent to the endemic area of Japan.