Injury Severity Score
Subject Areas on Research
- "I'm Leaving": Factors That Impact Against Medical Advice Disposition Post-Trauma.
- A Contemporary Analysis of Combat-related Urological Injuries: Data From the Department of Defense Trauma Registry.
- A brief report: the use of high-frequency oscillatory ventilation for severe pulmonary contusion.
- A pilot study of the use of biocide-impregnated gauze as an adjunct to wound care in a burn population.
- A prospective registry evaluating the epidemiology and clinical care of traumatic brain injury patients presenting to a regional referral hospital in Moshi, Tanzania: challenges and the way forward.
- A retrospective analysis of facial fracture etiologies.
- A single urban center experience with adult pedestrians struck by motor vehicles.
- ACR Appropriateness Criteria® Penetrating Trauma-Lower Abdomen and Pelvis.
- Achilles rupture in the athlete. Current science and treatment.
- Acute Rupture Open Repair Techniques.
- Admission oxygenation and ventilation parameters associated with discharge survival in severe pediatric traumatic brain injury.
- Aggressive early crystalloid resuscitation adversely affects outcomes in adult blunt trauma patients: an analysis of the Glue Grant database.
- Algorithm for Management of Periprosthetic Ankle Fractures.
- Amputation versus limb salvage.
- An Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma multicenter trial examining prehospital procedures in penetrating trauma patients.
- An analysis of police transport in an Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma multicenter trial examining prehospital procedures in penetrating trauma patients.
- An integrative model using flow cytometry identifies nosocomial infection after trauma.
- Applying the Keystone Design Perforator Island Flap Concept in a Variety of Anatomic Locations: A Review of 60 Consecutive Cases by a Single Surgeon.
- Articular fractures.
- Assessment of injury to the posterior ligamentous complex in thoracolumbar spine trauma.
- Associations Between Slower Walking Speed and T1ρ Magnetic Resonance Imaging of Femoral Cartilage Following Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction.
- Base deficit as a marker of survival after traumatic injury: consistent across changing patient populations and resuscitation paradigms.
- Blunt vascular injuries of the head and neck: is heparinization necessary?
- Can Vascular Injury be Appropriately Assessed With Physical Examination After Knee Dislocation?
- Catechol-O-methyltransferase genotype predicts pain severity in hospitalized burn patients.
- Characteristics of palliative care consultation at an academic level one trauma center.
- Chondral Lesions of the Knee: An Evidence-Based Approach.
- Clinical risk factors and inflammatory biomarkers of post-traumatic acute kidney injury in combat patients.
- Coagulopathy is prevalent and associated with adverse outcomes in transfused pediatric trauma patients.
- Comparative effectiveness of treatment strategies for severe splenic trauma in the pediatric population.
- Comparison of helicopter versus ground transport for the interfacility transport of isolated spinal injury.
- Comparison of surgical outcomes of intra-articular calcaneal fractures by age.
- Comparison of synovial fluid cartilage marker concentrations and chondral damage assessed arthroscopically in acute knee injury.
- Concealed degloving injury (the Morel-Lavallée lesion) in childhood sports: a case report.
- Confusion regarding mechanisms of injury in the setting of thoracolumbar spinal trauma: a survey of The Spine Trauma Study Group (STSG).
- Consensus in chronic ankle instability: aetiology, assessment, surgical indications and place for arthroscopy.
- Controlled survival study of the effects of Tisseel or a combination of FloSeal and Tisseel on major vascular injury and major collecting-system injury during partial nephrectomy in a porcine model.
- Corrective osteotomy for isolated malunion of the palmar lunate facet in distal radius fractures.
- Cost-based decision analysis of postreduction imaging in the management of mandibular fractures.
- Current use and outcomes of helicopter transport in pediatric trauma: a review of 18,291 transports.
- Development and validation of a revised trauma-specific quality of life instrument.
- Do flexion extension plain films facilitate treatment after trauma?
- Early trauma induced coagulopathy (ETIC): prevalence across the injury spectrum.
- Early versus delayed amputation in the setting of severe lower extremity trauma.
- Endoscopic repair of a hypopharyngeal laceration in a professional sword-swallower.
- Endovascular treatment of a traumatic visceral aneurysm.
- Epithelial-mesenchymal transition, TGF-β, and osteopontin in wound healing and tissue remodeling after injury.
- Evaluating the use and utility of noninvasive angiography in diagnosing traumatic blunt cerebrovascular injury.
- Evaluation of the North Country on the Job Network: a model of facilitated care for injured workers in rural upstate New York.
- Evidence-based guidelines are equivalent to a liberal computed tomography scan protocol for initial patient evaluation but are associated with decreased computed tomography scan use, cost, and radiation exposure.
- Facial fractures of the upper craniofacial skeleton predict mortality and occult intracranial injury after blunt trauma: an analysis.
- Factors Associated With Long-term Outcomes After Injury: Results of the Functional Outcomes and Recovery After Trauma Emergencies (FORTE) Multicenter Cohort Study.
- Factors Associated With Triage Decisions in Older Adult Trauma Patients: Impact on Mortality and Morbidity.
- Falls in an acute hospital and their relationship to restraint use.
- Femur fractures and lung complications: a prospective randomized study of reaming.
- Field-Triage, Hospital-Triage and Triage-Assessment: A Literature Review of the Current Phases of Adult Trauma Triage.
- Fixation of the coronoid process in elbow fracture-dislocations.
- Fractures in myelomeningocele.
- Frailty and length of stay in older adults with blunt injury in a national multicentre prospective cohort study.
- Guest editorial: Cognitive-communication rehabilitation for combat-related mild traumatic brain injury.
- Gunshot wounds: bullet caliber is increasing, 1998-2003.
- Helping clinicians who care for trauma survivors.
- Higher mortality in pediatric and adult trauma patients with traumatic coagulopathy, using age-adjusted diagnostic criteria.
- INternational ORthopaedic MUlticentre Study (INORMUS) in Fracture Care: Protocol for a Large Prospective Observational Study.
- Identifying Factors Most Important to Lower Extremity Trauma Patients: Key Concepts from the Development of a Patient-Reported Outcome Instrument for Lower Extremity Trauma, The LIMB-Q.
- Importance of delayed imaging for blunt renal trauma.
- Incidence and severity of acute complications after spinal cord injury.
- Incidence of asymptomatic pulmonary embolism in moderately to severely injured trauma patients.
- Increased incidence of sepsis and altered monocyte functions in severely injured type A- glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase-deficient African American trauma patients.
- Increased risk of deep venous thrombosis with endovascular cooling in patients with traumatic head injury.
- Indirect signs of blunt duodenal injury on computed tomography: Is non-operative management safe?
- Informal social status among coworkers and risk of work-related injury among nurse aides in long-term care.
- Initial management of pediatric head trauma.
- Interpretation of Post-operative Distal Humerus Radiographs After Internal Fixation: Prediction of Later Loss of Fixation.
- Intraoperative adherence to a low tidal volume ventilation strategy in critically ill patients with preexisting acute lung injury.
- Is the Face an Air Bag for the Brain and Torso?-The Potential Protective Effects of Severe Midface Fractures.
- Local Burn Injury Promotes Defects in the Epidermal Lipid and Antimicrobial Peptide Barriers in Human Autograft Skin and Burn Margin: Implications for Burn Wound Healing and Graft Survival.
- Long term outcome of blunt trauma care in the elderly.
- Long-term follow-up of unsuccessful violent suicide attempts: risk factors for subsequent attempts.
- Longitudinal Predictors of Criminal Arrest After Traumatic Brain Injury: Results From the Traumatic Brain Injury Model System National Database.
- Lower education and income predict worse long-term outcomes after injury.
- Management of pediatric intracranial gunshot wounds: predictors of favorable clinical outcome and a new proposed treatment paradigm.
- Management of pediatric trauma.
- Medicolegal aspects of foot and ankle surgery.
- Medicolegal issues in sports medicine.
- Minimal trauma fractures: lifting the specter of misconduct by identifying risk factors and planning for prevention.
- Muscle versus Fasciocutaneous Free Flaps in Lower Extremity Traumatic Reconstruction: A Multicenter Outcomes Analysis.
- Nonfatal tool- or equipment-related injuries treated in US emergency departments among workers in the construction industry, 1998-2005.
- Nonoperative management of nonvascular grade IV blunt renal trauma in children: meta-analysis and systematic review.
- Novel Airway and Ventilator Management of Tracheobronchial Disruption After Blunt Trauma.
- Number of rib fractures thresholds independently predict worse outcomes in older patients with blunt trauma.
- Objective structured assessment of technical skills for repair of fourth-degree perineal lacerations.
- One-year and three-year mortality prediction in adult major blunt trauma survivors: a National Retrospective Cohort Analysis.
- Open calcaneal fractures: results of operative treatment.
- Operative Treatment of Pediatric Pelvic and Acetabulum Fractures.
- Operative vs nonoperative management for blunt pancreatic transection in children: multi-institutional outcomes.
- Optimizing Successful Outcomes in Complex Spine Reconstruction Using Local Muscle Flaps.
- Orthopaedic trauma for the general orthopaedist: avoiding problems and pitfalls in treatment.
- Pain as an indication for rib fixation: a bi-institutional pilot study.
- Patient, Therapist, and System Factors Influencing the Effectiveness of Prolonged Exposure for Veterans With Comorbid Posttraumatic Stress Disorder and Traumatic Brain Injury.
- Pediatric Orthopedic Trauma: An Evidence-Based Approach.
- Pediatric injury patterns by year of age.
- Pediatric nurses' perceived knowledge and beliefs of evidence-based practice in the care of children and adolescents with moderate-to-severe traumatic brain injury.
- Persistent Pain Among Older Adults Discharged Home From the Emergency Department After Motor Vehicle Crash: A Prospective Cohort Study.
- Physical examination tests for assessing a torn meniscus in the knee: a systematic review with meta-analysis.
- Posterolateral Knee Reconstruction Versus Repair.
- Practice management guidelines for the screening of thoracolumbar spine fracture.
- Pre- and in-hospital mortality for moderate-to-severe traumatic brain injuries: an analysis of the National Trauma Data Bank (2008-2014).
- Predictors of mortality, hospital utilization, and the role of race in outcomes in head and neck trauma.
- Primary blast survival and injury risk assessment for repeated blast exposures.
- Pulmonary aspects of treatment of long bone fractures in the polytrauma patient.
- Pulmonary injury risk assessment for long-duration blasts: a meta-analysis.
- Race and Ethnicity Have a Mixed Effect on the Treatment of Tibial Plateau Fractures.
- Race and Insurance Status as Predictors of Bicycle Trauma Outcome in Adults.
- Racial disparities in post-discharge healthcare utilization after trauma.
- Random forest modeling can predict infectious complications following trauma laparotomy.
- Ranitidine improves lymphocyte function after severe head injury: results of a randomized, double-blind study.
- Rehabilitation following extensor tendon repair.
- Reliability and validity of the International Knee Documentation Committee (IKDC) Subjective Knee Form.
- Resilience, spirituality, distress and tactics for battered women's conflict resolution
- Retrospective, propensity score-matched cohort study examining timing of fracture fixation for traumatic thoracolumbar fractures.
- Rib Fracture Location Should Be Evaluated When Predicting Morbidity and Mortality in Trauma Patients.
- Risk factors for infection and amputation following open, combat-related calcaneal fractures.
- Routine inclusion of long-term functional and patient-reported outcomes into trauma registries: The FORTE project.
- Scaphoid nonunions treated with 2 headless compression screws and bone grafting.
- Second metatarsal stress fracture in sport: comparative risk factors between proximal and non-proximal locations.
- Serious Fall Injuries Before and After Initiation of Hemodialysis Among Older ESRD Patients in the United States: A Retrospective Cohort Study.
- Serum cleaved tau does not predict postconcussion syndrome after mild traumatic brain injury.
- Severe traumatic head injury affects systemic cytokine expression.
- Short bowel syndrome after trauma.
- Short- and Long-Term Outcomes following Severe Traumatic Lower Extremity Reconstruction: The Value of an Orthoplastic Limb Salvage Center to Racially Underserved Communities.
- Short-term outcomes of splenectomy avoidance in trauma patients.
- Shorter times to packed red blood cell transfusion are associated with decreased risk of death in traumatically injured patients.
- Single Assessment Numeric Evaluation (SANE) correlates with American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons score and Western Ontario Rotator Cuff index in patients undergoing arthroscopic rotator cuff repair.
- Socioeconomics affecting quality outcomes in Asian trauma patients within the United States.
- Stress fractures and stress reactions of the diaphyseal femur in collegiate athletes: an analysis of 25 cases.
- Successful nonoperative management of the most severe blunt liver injuries: a multicenter study of the research consortium of new England centers for trauma.
- Sugar-coating wound repair: a review of FGF-10 and dermatan sulfate in wound healing and their potential application in burn wounds.
- Supplemental Oxygen Requirements of Critically Injured Adults: An Observational Trial.
- Survival after traumatic brain injury improves with deployment of neurosurgeons: a comparison of US and UK military treatment facilities during the Iraq and Afghanistan conflicts.
- Temporal trends in the incidence of severe pelvic fracture urethral injuries in the United States from 1998 to 2014.
- The Controversy Surrounding the Treatment of Deltoid and Syndesmotic Injuries of the Ankle: Is There Any Consensus?
- The Effect of Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs on Tendon-to-Bone Healing: A Systematic Review with Subgroup Meta-Analysis.
- The Relationship between Hand Therapy and Long-Term Outcomes after Distal Radius Fracture in Older Adults: Evidence from the Randomized Wrist and Radius Injury Surgical Trial.
- The Use of Liposomal Bupivacaine Administered With Standard Bupivacaine in Ankle Fractures Requiring Open Reduction Internal Fixation: A Single-Blinded Randomized Controlled Trial.
- The effect of anticoagulation on outcomes after liver and spleen injuries: A research consortium of New England centers for trauma (ReCONECT) study.
- The effect of frontal air bags on eye injury patterns in automobile crashes.
- The effect of past-injury on pain threshold and tolerance.
- The influence of triage systems and triage scores on timeliness of ED analgesic administration.
- The rapid impact on mortality rates of a dedicated care team including trauma and emergency physicians at an academic medical center.
- Thiazide use is associated with reduced risk for incident lower extremity fractures in men with spinal cord injury.
- Timing of tracheostomy after anterior cervical spine fixation.
- Towards precision medicine: Accurate predictive modeling of infectious complications in combat casualties.
- Transcardiopulmonary vs pulmonary arterial thermodilution methods for hemodynamic monitoring of burned patients.
- Transfusion for shock in US military war casualties with and without tourniquet use
- Traumatic Brain Injury in the Elderly: Burden, Risk Factors, and Prevention.
- Traumatic valgus instability of the elbow: pathoanatomy and results of direct repair. Surgical technique.
- Trend and geographic analysis for traumatic brain injury mortality and cost based on MarketScan database.
- Triple chimeric flap based on anterior tibial vessels for reconstruction of severe traumatic injuries of the hand with thumb loss.
- Tympanic membrane perforation after combat blast exposure in Iraq: a poor biomarker of primary blast injury.
- Undertriage of Trauma-Related Deaths in U.S. Emergency Departments.
- Utilizing Precision Medicine to Estimate Timing for Surgical Closure of Traumatic Extremity Wounds.
- What is the clinical significance of chest CT when the chest x-ray result is normal in patients with blunt trauma?
- Withdrawal of Life-supporting Treatment in Severe Traumatic Brain Injury.
Keywords of People
- Olson, Steven Arthur, Goldner Jones Distinguished Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery
- Preminger, Glenn Michael, James F. Glenn, M.D. Distinguished Professor of Urology, Surgery, Urology
- Routh, Jonathan Charles, Paul H. Sherman, M.D. Distinguished Associate Professor of Surgery, Pediatrics
- Sampson, John Howard, Robert H., M.D. and Gloria Wilkins Professor of Neurosurgery, in the School of Medicine, Biomedical Engineering