Subject Areas on Research
- A comparative analysis of marine mammal tracheas.
- A comparison of Depodur, a novel, single-dose extended-release epidural morphine, with standard epidural morphine for pain relief after lower abdominal surgery.
- A computer simulated phantom study of tomotherapy dose optimization based on probability density functions (PDF) and potential errors caused by low reproducibility of PDF.
- A hybrid proton and hyperpolarized gas tagging MRI technique for lung respiratory motion imaging: a feasibility study.
- A micro-CT analysis of murine lung recruitment in bleomycin-induced lung injury.
- A portable ventilator with integrated physiologic monitoring for hyperpolarized 129Xe MRI in rodents.
- A short-breath-hold technique for lung pO2 mapping with 3He MRI.
- A simple breathing circuit to maintain isocapnia during measurements of the hypoxic ventilatory response.
- Active Breathing Coordinator reduces radiation dose to the heart and preserves local control in patients with left breast cancer: report of a prospective trial.
- Acute effects of inhaled nitric oxide on pulmonary and cardiac function in preterm infants with evolving bronchopulmonary dysplasia.
- Aerosolized medications for altering lung surface active properties.
- Airway smooth muscle dynamics: a common pathway of airway obstruction in asthma.
- Alveolar septal structure in different species.
- An automated method for comparing motion artifacts in cine four-dimensional computed tomography images.
- Angiotensin mediates stimulation of ventilation after vasopressin V1 receptor blockade.
- Anterior mediastinal masses: look before you leap.
- Are there benefits or harm from pressure targeting during lung-protective ventilation?
- Artificial surfactant attenuates hyperoxic lung injury in primates. I. Physiology and biochemistry.
- Automated measurement of the lower inflection point in a pediatric lung model.
- BIPAP for management of hypoxemia associated with unilateral phrenic nerve palsy following surgery for thoracic outlet syndrome.
- Beneficial effects of high positive end-expiratory pressure in lung respiratory mechanics during laparoscopic surgery.
- Breath timing, volume and drive to breathe in conscious rats: comparative aspects.
- Calculation and prediction of the effect of respiratory motion on whole breast radiation therapy dose distributions.
- Clinical Management Strategies for Airway Pressure Release Ventilation: A Survey of Clinical Practice.
- Clinical outcomes and lung mechanics characteristics between COVID-19 and non-COVID-19-associated acute respiratory distress syndrome: a propensity score analysis of two major randomized trials.
- Clinically available new strategies for mechanical ventilatory support.
- Combining pressure-limiting and volume-cycling features in a patient-interactive mechanical breath.
- Comparison of fluctuations of oxygen tension in FSA, 9L, and R3230AC tumors in rats.
- Consensus statement: aerosols and delivery devices. American Association for Respiratory Care.
- Contour based respiratory motion analysis for free breathing CT.
- Design and evaluation of a new, low pressure loss, implantable artificial lung.
- Dexmedetomidine pharmacodynamics: Part II: Crossover comparison of the analgesic effect of dexmedetomidine and remifentanil in healthy volunteers.
- Dexmedetomidine pharmacodynamics: part I: crossover comparison of the respiratory effects of dexmedetomidine and remifentanil in healthy volunteers.
- Direct measurement of lung motion using hyperpolarized helium-3 MR tagging.
- Dose-toxicity relationship of gadoxetate disodium and transient severe respiratory motion artifact.
- Dynamic MRI of grid-tagged hyperpolarized helium-3 for the assessment of lung motion during breathing.
- Effect of dietary fat on metabolic adjustments to maximal VO2 and endurance in runners.
- Effect of fasting on the VO2-fh relationship in king penguins, Aptenodytes patagonicus.
- Effect of respiratory motion on lung counting efficiency using a 4D NURBS-based cardio-torso (NCAT) phantom.
- Effects of breathing variation on gating window internal target volume in respiratory gated radiation therapya).
- Effects of implementing adaptive support ventilation in a medical intensive care unit.
- End tidal-to-arterial CO2 and O2 gas gradients at low- and high-altitude during dynamic end-tidal forcing.
- Estimation of the heart respiratory motion with applications for cone beam computed tomography imaging: a simulation study.
- Evaluation of a new weaning index based on ventilatory endurance and the efficiency of gas exchange.
- Evaluation of integrated respiratory gating systems on a Novalis Tx system.
- Evidence-based guidelines for weaning and discontinuing ventilatory support: a collective task force facilitated by the American College of Chest Physicians; the American Association for Respiratory Care; and the American College of Critical Care Medicine.
- Evolving approaches to assessing and monitoring patient-ventilator interactions.
- Exercise, obesity, and asthma in children and adolescents.
- Hyperbaric tracheobronchial compression in cetaceans and pinnipeds.
- Hyperpolarized 3He NMR lineshape measurements in the live guinea pig lung.
- Hyperpolarized helium-3 MR imaging of pulmonary function.
- Interhemispheric synchrony of slow oscillations of cortical blood volume and cytochrome aa3 redox state in unanesthetized rabbits.
- Investigation of sliced body volume (SBV) as respiratory surrogate.
- Liquid ventilation improves pulmonary function and cardiac output in a neonatal swine model of cardiopulmonary bypass.
- Living-related lobar lung transplantation.
- Low-dose AgNPs reduce lung mechanical function and innate immune defense in the absence of cellular toxicity.
- Lung mechanics and pulmonary function testing in cetaceans.
- MR grid-tagging using hyperpolarized helium-3 for regional quantitative assessment of pulmonary biomechanics and ventilation.
- Major hepatic trauma: warm ischemic tolerance of the liver after hemorrhagic shock.
- Maturational changes in airway smooth muscle shortening and relaxation. Implications for asthma.
- Measurement of regional lung function in rats using hyperpolarized 3helium dynamic MRI.
- Mechanisms of functional loss in patients with chronic lung disease.
- Micro-CT with respiratory and cardiac gating.
- Monitoring during peripheral nerve blockade.
- Monitoring respiratory function.
- Muscle dysfunction associated with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- NMR of hyperpolarized (129)Xe in the canine chest: spectral dynamics during a breath-hold.
- Nitric oxide in the human respiratory cycle.
- Oral transmucosal fentanyl citrate as an anaesthetic premedication when dosed to an opioid effect vs total opioid consumption.
- Oxygen therapy and exercise response in lung disease.
- PEEP in the morning, PEEP at night.
- Patient-ventilator interactions. Implications for clinical management.
- Patient-ventilator interactions: optimizing conventional ventilation modes.
- Patient-ventilator synchrony during pressure-targeted versus flow-targeted small tidal volume assisted ventilation.
- Patient-ventilator trigger dys-synchrony: a common phenomenon with important implications.
- Patterns of respiration in diving penguins: is the last gasp an inspired tactic?
- Pharmacokinetics of methanol and formate in female cynomolgus monkeys exposed to methanol vapors.
- Physiorack: an integrated MRI safe/conditional, gas delivery, respiratory gating, and subject monitoring solution for structural and functional assessments of pulmonary function.
- Point: should positive end-expiratory pressure in patients with ARDS be set on oxygenation? Yes.
- Potential underestimation of the internal target volume (ITV) from free-breathing CBCT.
- Psychological outcomes of a pulmonary rehabilitation program.
- Pulmonary drug toxicity in patients with primary breast cancer treated with high-dose combination chemotherapy and autologous bone marrow transplantation.
- Pulmonary effects of inhalation of spark-generated silver nanoparticles in Brown-Norway and Sprague-Dawley rats.
- Pulmonary gas exchange in diving.
- Pulmonary responses of mice, rats, and hamsters to subchronic inhalation of ultrafine titanium dioxide particles.
- Pulmonary responses to subacute ozone exposure in obese vs. lean mice.
- Quantifying the effect of intrafraction motion during breast IMRT planning and dose delivery.
- Radial artery pulse pressure variation correlates with brachial artery peak velocity variation in ventilated subjects when measured by internal medicine residents using hand-carried ultrasound devices.
- Rapid detection of myocardial infarction by subsecond, free-breathing delayed contrast-enhancement cardiovascular magnetic resonance.
- Realistic CT simulation using the 4D XCAT phantom.
- Reduced inspiratory flow attenuates IL-8 release and MAPK activation of lung overstretch.
- Regulation of brain blood flow and oxygen delivery in elite breath-hold divers.
- Relaxation of hyperpolarized 129Xe in a deflating polymer bag.
- Reperfusion injury is reduced in skeletal muscle by inhibition of inducible nitric oxide synthase.
- Reproducibility of interfraction lung motion probability distribution function using dynamic MRI: statistical analysis.
- Respiratory controversies in the critical care setting. Does airway pressure release ventilation offer important new advantages in mechanical ventilator support?
- Respiratory function and mechanics in pinnipeds and cetaceans.
- Respiratory mechanics in the patient who is weaning from the ventilator.
- Respiratory system simulations and modeling.
- Safety of aerosolized amphotericin B lipid complex in lung transplant recipients.
- Setting the positive expiratory-end pressure-FIO2 in acute lung injury/acute respiratory distress syndrome.
- Simultaneous assessment of drug interactions with low- and high-extraction opioids: application to parecoxib effects on the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of fentanyl and alfentanil.
- Spiracular fluttering increases oxygen uptake
- The acute hypoxic ventilatory response: testing the adaptive significance in human populations.
- The correlation evaluation of a tumor tracking system using multiple external markers.
- The impact of respiratory motion and treatment technique on stereotactic body radiation therapy for liver cancer.
- The obesity hypoventilation syndrome.
- The spontaneously hypertensive rat: an experimental model of sulfur dioxide-induced airways disease.
- The transient relationship between pressure and volume in the pediatric pulmonary system.
- Time delay measurement for linac based treatment delivery in synchronized respiratory gating radiotherapy.
- Tracheal compression delays alveolar collapse during deep diving in marine mammals.
- Ventilatory drive and carbon dioxide response in ventilatory failure due to myasthenia gravis and Guillain-Barré syndrome.
- Ventilatory muscles and mechanical ventilatory support.
Keywords of People
- Badea, Cristian Tudorel, Professor in Radiology, Biomedical Engineering
- Driehuys, Bastiaan, Professor of Radiology, Biomedical Engineering
- Johnson, G. Allan, Charles E. Putman University Distinguished Professor of Radiology, Biomedical Engineering
- Moon, Richard Edward, Professor of Anesthesiology, Medicine, Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Medicine
- O'Daniel, Jennifer Colleen, Assistant Professor of Radiation Oncology, Radiation Oncology
- Segars, William Paul, Associate Professor in Radiology, Radiology
- Yoo, Sua, Associate Professor of Radiation Oncology, Radiation Oncology