Subject Areas on Research
- A 10-year review of research on chaplains and community-based clergy in 3 primary oncology nursing journals: 1990-1999.
- A Bibliometric Analysis of Review Types Published in the Nursing Scientific Literature.
- A bibliometric analysis of 81 articles that represent excellence in nursing publication.
- A bibliometric analysis of articles identified by editors as representing excellence in nursing publication: Replication and extension.
- A bibliometric analysis of global clinical research by anesthesia departments.
- A rose by any other name is still a rose: assessing journal quality
- A socratic dialogue on impact factors.
- Accuracy of references in four pediatric nursing journals.
- Accuracy of references in general readership nursing journals.
- Analysis of Orthopaedic Research Produced During the Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Assessing Factors Associated With Altmetric Attention Score: A Preliminary Study of 3 Hand Surgery Journals.
- Assessing changes in the quality of quantitative health educations research: a perspective from communities of practice.
- Assessing the Quality of Abstracts in Randomized Controlled Trials Published in High Impact Cardiovascular Journals.
- Authorship and Impact of Gender-Specific Research in Major Radiology Journals.
- Bibliometric analysis of articles published from 1980 to 2009 in Physical Therapy, journal of the American Physical Therapy Association.
- Bibliometric mapping for current and potential collaboration detection.
- Cardiovascular research publications from Latin America between 1999 and 2008. A bibliometric study.
- Characteristics of Heart Failure Trials Associated With Under-Representation of Women as Lead Authors.
- Characteristics of cluster randomized trials: are they living up to the randomized trial?
- Characterization of clinical study populations by race and ethnicity in biomedical literature.
- Citation analysis of the maternal/child nursing literature.
- Citation classics in the burn literature during the past 55 years
- Citations of articles in predatory nursing journals.
- Collaboration Metrics Among Female and Male Researchers: A 5-Year Review of Publications in Major Radiology Journals.
- Content and bibliometric analysis of articles published in the Journal of Orthopaedic & Sports Physical Therapy.
- Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19): an evidence map of medical literature.
- Correlates and consequences of chronic pain in older adults.
- Critical developments of 2017: a review of the literature from selected topics in transfusion. A committee report from the AABB Clinical Transfusion Medicine Committee.
- Design and update of a classification system: the UCSD map of science.
- Development of the Rehabilitation Health Policy, Systems, and Services Research field: Quantitative Analyses of Publications over Time (1990-2017) and across Country Type.
- Disparities in Cardiovascular Research Output and Disease Outcomes among High-, Middle- and Low-Income Countries - An Analysis of Global Cardiovascular Publications over the Last Decade (2008-2017).
- Disparities in cardiovascular research output and citations from 52 African countries: a time-trend, bibliometric analysis (1999-2008).
- Disruption in general surgery: Randomized controlled trials and changing paradigms.
- Dissemination of research in clinical nursing journals.
- Dissemination of research into clinical nursing literature.
- Editorial: Not everything that matters can be measured and not everything that can be measured matters.
- Essential Ingredients and Innovations in the Design and Analysis of Group-Randomized Trials.
- Evaluating research in cardiovascular medicine: citation counts are not sufficient.
- Factors Associated With Racial and Ethnic Diversity Among Heart Failure Trial Participants: A Systematic Bibliometric Review.
- Family Matters: Measuring Impact Through One's Academic Descendants.
- From abstract to peer-reviewed publication: country matters.
- Gender and Radiology Publication Productivity: An Examination of Academic Faculty From Four Health Systems in the United States.
- Geographic Trends in Publications and Submissions in Radiology Journals: Decade Report (2010 - 2020).
- Global cardiovascular research output, citations, and collaborations: a time-trend, bibliometric analysis (1999-2008).
- Global representation of heart failure clinical trial leaders, collaborators, and enrolled participants: a bibliometric review 2000-20.
- Globalization of pediatric research: analysis of clinical trials completed for pediatric exclusivity.
- Group heterogeneity increases the risks of large group size: a longitudinal study of productivity in research groups.
- Head and neck cancer research collaborations between the United States and low- and middle-income countries: 10-year publication analysis.
- Health Care and Cybersecurity: Bibliometric Analysis of the Literature.
- Information sources for developing the nursing literature.
- Integrity of Databases for Literature Searches in Nursing: Avoiding Predatory Journals.
- Key Characteristics of Rehabilitation Quality Improvement Publications: Scoping Review From 2010 to 2016.
- Mind the gap: Gendered publication trends in oncology.
- Multiple authorship in two English-language journals in radiation oncology.
- Neurosurgical Randomized Trials in Low- and Middle-Income Countries.
- Parallel Public Spheres: Distance and Discourse in Letters to the Editor
- Peer review at the American Journal of Roentgenology: how reviewer and manuscript characteristics affected editorial decisions on 196 major papers.
- Publication Bias Among Conference Abstracts Reporting on Pediatric Quality Improvement Projects.
- Quality of reporting randomized controlled trials (RCTs) in the nursing literature: application of the consolidated standards of reporting trials (CONSORT)
- Ratings and rankings: judging the evaluation of quality
- Reporting of harm in randomized controlled trials published in the urological literature.
- Reporting of non-communicable disease research in low- and middle-income countries: a pilot bibliometric analysis.
- Research Participation of a Professional Organization in Clinical Trials: The Association of Black cardiologists Clinical Trial Investigator Identification Project.
- Response to Watson R (2011) Commentary on Oermann MH, Shaw-Kokot J, Knafl GJ & Dowell J (2010) Dissemination of research into clinical nursing literature. Journal of Clinical Nursing 19, 3435-3442. Journal of Clinical Nursing 20, 595-596.
- Response to letter to the editor from Fahmi Kakamad, Abdulwahid Salih, and Hiwa Omer Baba Re: Citations of articles in predatory nursing journals.
- Scholarly Publishing and the Metric System.
- Scholarly publication practices of Doctor of Nursing Practice-prepared nurses
- The Highest-Impact Combat Orthopedic and Extremity Injury Articles in the Past 70 Years: A Citation Analysis
- The Scope, Growth, and Inequities of the Global Neurosurgery Literature: A Bibliometric Analysis.
- The top 100 most disruptive publications in academic surgery journals: 1954-2014.
- Trends in global health research among universities in China: a bibliometric analysis.
- Understanding the Ghanaian Neurosurgical Literature: A Scoping Review and Bibliometric Analysis.
- Web citations in the nursing literature: how accurate are they?