Complement Membrane Attack Complex
Subject Areas on Research
- Complement-induced vesiculation and exposure of membrane prothrombinase sites in platelets of paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria.
- Complement-mediated release of fibroblast growth factor 2 from human RPE cells.
- Differential Killing of Salmonella enterica Serovar Typhi by Antibodies Targeting Vi and Lipopolysaccharide O:9 Antigen.
- Fleeting activation of ionotropic glutamate receptors sensitizes cortical neurons to complement attack.
- Formation of complement membrane attack complex in mammalian cerebral cortex evokes seizures and neurodegeneration.
- GluR3 autoantibodies destroy neural cells in a complement-dependent manner modulated by complement regulatory proteins.
- Glutamate receptor GluR3 antibodies and death of cortical cells.
- Impaired volume regulation is the mechanism of excitotoxic sensitization to complement.
- Narrowing in on the causative defect of an intriguing X-linked myopathy with excessive autophagy.
- Neutralizing and infection-enhancing antibody responses to human immunodeficiency virus type 1 in long-term nonprogressors.
- New insights into the role of host cell proteins in antiviral vaccine protection.
- Pexelizumab fails to inhibit assembly of the terminal complement complex in patients with ST-elevation myocardial infarction undergoing primary percutaneous coronary intervention. Insight from a substudy of the Assessment of Pexelizumab in Acute Myocardial Infarction (APEX-AMI) trial.
- Role of complement C9 and calcium in the generation of arachidonic acid and its metabolites from rat polymorphonuclear leukocytes.
- Structure-function relationships of the complement regulatory protein, CD59.