Subject Areas on Research
- A cross-sectional survey of Plasmodium falciparum pfcrt mutant haplotypes in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Babesia screening: the importance of reporting and calibration in cost-effectiveness models.
- Cloning of the gene encoding Leishmania donovani S-adenosylhomocysteine hydrolase, a potential target for antiparasitic chemotherapy.
- Cohort studies of health effects among people exposed to estuarine waters: North Carolina, Virginia, and Maryland.
- Cryptosporidium-malnutrition interactions: mucosal disruption, cytokines, and TLR signaling in a weaned murine model.
- Cutaneous acquired toxoplasmosis in a child: a case report and review of the literature.
- Developmental regulation of DNA replication: replication fork barriers and programmed gene amplification in Tetrahymena thermophila.
- Direct Comparison of Standard and Ultrasensitive PCR for the Detection of Plasmodium falciparum from Dried Blood Spots in Bagamoyo, Tanzania.
- Genetic Evidence of Importation of Drug-Resistant Plasmodium falciparum to Guatemala from the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- Giant deep-sea protist produces bilaterian-like traces.
- Increased prevalence of dhfr and dhps mutants at delivery in Malawian pregnant women receiving intermittent preventive treatment for malaria.
- Induction of cross-reactive anti-dsDNA antibodies in preautoimmune NZB/NZW mice by immunization with bacterial DNA.
- Isolation of Cryptococcus gattii and Cryptococcus neoformans var. grubii from the flowers and bark of Eucalyptus trees in India.
- Molecular surveillance for drug-resistant Plasmodium falciparum in clinical and subclinical populations from three border regions of Burma/Myanmar: cross-sectional data and a systematic review of resistance studies.
- Pfhrp2-Deleted Plasmodium falciparum Parasites in the Democratic Republic of the Congo: A National Cross-sectional Survey.
- Pooled deep sequencing of Plasmodium falciparum isolates: an efficient and scalable tool to quantify prevailing malaria drug-resistance genotypes.
- Resistance mutations at the lipid substrate binding site of Plasmodium falciparum protein farnesyltransferase.
- Ribozyme-mediated repair of defective mRNA by targeted, trans-splicing.
- Sensitive DNA detection and SNP discrimination using ultrabright SERS nanorattles and magnetic beads for malaria diagnostics.
- The A581G Mutation in the Gene Encoding Plasmodium falciparum Dihydropteroate Synthetase Reduces the Effectiveness of Sulfadoxine-Pyrimethamine Preventive Therapy in Malawian Pregnant Women.
- Transfusion-transmitted babesiosis: achieving successful mitigation while balancing cost and donor loss.
- Trichomonas vaginalis as a cause of urethritis in Malawian men.
- Type I elements mediate replication fork pausing at conserved upstream sites in the Tetrahymena thermophila ribosomal DNA minichromosome.
- Use of the polymerase chain reaction for diagnosis of ocular toxoplasmosis.