Subject Areas on Research
- Analysis of cellular factors that mediate nuclear export of RNAs bearing the Mason-Pfizer monkey virus constitutive transport element.
- Inhibition of human immunodeficiency virus Rev and human T-cell leukemia virus Rex function, but not Mason-Pfizer monkey virus constitutive transport element activity, by a mutant human nucleoporin targeted to Crm1.
- The betaretrovirus Mason-Pfizer monkey virus selectively excludes simian APOBEC3G from virion particles.
- The human Tap protein is a nuclear mRNA export factor that contains novel RNA-binding and nucleocytoplasmic transport sequences.
- Using viral species specificity to define a critical protein/RNA interaction surface.