Subject Areas on Research
- "Going Flat" After Mastectomy: Patient-Reported Outcomes by Online Survey.
- A 35-Year Evolution of Free Flap-Based Breast Reconstruction at a Large Urban Academic Center.
- A Comparison of Complications in Therapeutic versus Contralateral Prophylactic Mastectomy Reconstruction: A Paired Analysis.
- A Comparison of Patient-Reported Outcomes in Bipedicled Total Abdominal versus Unipedicled Hemiabdominal Free Flaps for Unilateral Breast Reconstruction.
- A Comparison of Surgical Complications in Patients Undergoing Delayed versus Staged Tissue-Expander and Free-Flap Breast Reconstruction.
- A National Snapshot of Patient-Reported Outcomes Comparing Types of Abdominal Flaps for Breast Reconstruction.
- A Simplified Cost-Utility Analysis of Inpatient Flap Monitoring after Microsurgical Breast Reconstruction and Implications for Hospital Length of Stay.
- A national snapshot of satisfaction with breast cancer procedures.
- A systematic review of antibiotic use and infection in breast reconstruction: what is the evidence?
- ASO Author Reflections: Decision Support Tools Are Needed to Address Dissatisfaction Among Women Seeking Post-Mastectomy Breast Reconstruction.
- ASO Author Reflections: Optimal Timing of Autologous Breast Reconstruction Should Incorporate Patient Perspectives When Balancing the Increased Risks of a Staged Approach.
- ASO Visual Abstract: "Going Flat" After Mastectomy: Patient-Reported Outcomes by Online Survey.
- ASO Visual Abstract: Complications, Costs, and Healthcare Resource Utilization After Staged, Delayed, and Immediate Free-Flap Breast Reconstruction-A Longitudinal, Claims-Based Analysis.
- Accuracy of Predictions of Patients With Breast Cancer of Future Well-being After Immediate Breast Reconstruction.
- An Assessment of Bleeding Complications Necessitating Blood Transfusion across Inpatient Plastic Surgery Procedures: A Nationwide Analysis Using the National Surgical Quality Improvement Program Database.
- An Assessment of Patient Satisfaction and Decisional Regret in Patients Undergoing Staged Free-Flap Breast Reconstruction.
- An outcomes analysis of 2142 breast reduction procedures.
- Anatomic location of a sensory nerve to the transverse upper gracilis (TUG) flap: A novel option for sensate autologous tissue reconstruction.
- Anatomic location of sensory nerves to the superior and inferior gluteal artery perforators flap: Novel option for sensate autologous tissue reconstruction.
- Are Prophylactic Postoperative Antibiotics Necessary for Immediate Breast Reconstruction? Results of a Prospective Randomized Clinical Trial.
- Assessing the Influence of Failed Implant Reconstruction on Patient Satisfaction and Decision Regret after Salvage Free-Flap Breast Reconstruction.
- Assessing the Relationship between Anxiety and Revision Surgery following Autologous Breast Reconstruction.
- Assessing the Utility of Post-Mastectomy Imaging after Breast Reconstruction.
- Association Between Targeted HER-2 Therapy and Breast Reconstruction Outcomes: A Propensity Score-Matched Analysis.
- Attitudes toward biological mesh in breast reconstruction: a regional survey of plastic surgeons.
- Basic fibroblast growth factor expression following surgical delay of rat transverse rectus abdominis myocutaneous flaps.
- Bilateral continuous paravertebral catheters for reduction mammoplasty.
- Bleeding After Free Flap-Based Breast Reconstruction: A NSQIP Analysis.
- Breast Cancer Version 2.2015.
- Breast Cancer after Augmentation: Oncologic and Reconstructive Considerations among Women Undergoing Mastectomy.
- Breast Cancer and Reconstruction: Normative Data for Interpreting the BREAST-Q.
- Breast reconstruction following subcutaneous mastectomy for cancer: a critical appraisal of the nipple-areola complex.
- Breast reconstruction with superior epigastric artery perforator (SEAP) free flap: Report of two cases.
- Breast reconstruction with the DIEP flap or the muscle-sparing (MS-2) free TRAM flap: is there a difference?
- Breast-Related Quality of Life in Young Reduction Mammaplasty Patients: A Long-Term Follow-Up Using the BREAST-Q.
- Check the Record: Remote CT Scans for Breast Flap Perforator Mapping.
- Collaboration between breast and reconstructive surgery in optimizing outcomes for women with breast cancer.
- Comment on "Surgical Delay in Nipple-sparing Mastectomy".
- Community collaboration to improve access and outcomes in breast cancer reconstruction: protocol for a mixed-methods qualitative research study.
- Complications, Costs, and Healthcare Resource Utilization After Staged, Delayed, and Immediate Free-Flap Breast Reconstruction: A Longitudinal, Claims-Based Analysis.
- Congenital breast deformities: Anatomical basis and surgical approaches for optimal aesthetic outcomes.
- Contralateral Prophylactic Mastectomy in the Era of Financial Toxicity: An Additional Point for Concern?
- Contralateral Prophylactic Mastectomy: Aligning Patient Preferences and Provider Recommendations.
- Current evidence on the role of smoking in plastic surgery elective procedures: A systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Current practice among plastic surgeons of antibiotic prophylaxis and closed-suction drains in breast reconstruction: experience, evidence, and implications for postoperative care.
- Decline in Racial Disparities in Postmastectomy Breast Reconstruction: A Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results Analysis from 1998 to 2014.
- Defining Mastectomy Skin Flap Necrosis: A Systematic Review of the Literature and a Call for Standardization.
- Delay in unipedicled TRAM flap reconstruction of the breast: a review of 76 consecutive cases.
- Delay of transverse rectus abdominis myocutaneous flap reconstruction improves flap reliability in the obese patient.
- Depression is associated with worse outcomes among women undergoing breast reconstruction following mastectomy.
- Determining the precise anatomic location of the sensory nerves to the abdominal wall: Optimizing autologous innervation of abdominally based free flaps.
- Dissatisfaction After Post-Mastectomy Breast Reconstruction: A Mixed-Methods Study.
- Does Surgeon Training Affect Patient Perception of Surgeon Skill in DIEP Flap Breast Reconstruction?
- Duoderm®-Bra for Nipple-Sparing Mastectomy.
- Early Discontinuation of Breast Free Flap Monitoring: A Strategy Driven by National Data.
- Effect of Regional Hospital Market Competition on Use Patterns of Free Flap Breast Reconstruction.
- Effect of esthetic outcome after breast-conserving surgery on psychosocial functioning and quality of life.
- Electromagnetic spectroscopy of normal breast tissue specimens obtained from reduction surgeries: comparison of optical and microwave properties.
- Evaluating the feasibility of extended partial mastectomy and immediate reduction mammoplasty reconstruction as an alternative to mastectomy.
- Experience with reduction mammaplasty combined with breast conservation therapy in the treatment of breast cancer.
- Factors contributing to patient satisfaction with breast reconstruction using silicone gel implants.
- Fat Grafting-More Than Just the Hype.
- Fine-needle aspiration cytology of silicone granulomas in the augmented breast.
- How Do You Like Me Now? The Influence of "Likes" and Followers on Social Media in Plastic Surgery.
- How Informed Is the Decision About Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy?: A Prospective, Cross-sectional Study.
- Immediate Breast Reconstruction Allows for the Timely Initiation of Postmastectomy Radiation Therapy.
- Impact of Postoperative Antibiotic Prophylaxis Duration on Surgical Site Infections in Autologous Breast Reconstruction.
- Impact of chemotherapy on postoperative complications after mastectomy and immediate breast reconstruction.
- Incidence of autoimmune disease in patients after breast reconstruction with silicone gel implants versus autogenous tissue: a preliminary report.
- Increasing age impairs outcomes in breast reduction surgery.
- Infectious complications following breast reconstruction with expanders and implants.
- Intracapsular implant rupture: MR findings of incomplete shell collapse.
- Invasive Breast Cancer Version 1.2016, NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology.
- Is Bigger Better?: The Effect of Hospital Consolidation on Index Hospitalization Costs and Outcomes Among Privately Insured Recipients of Immediate Breast Reconstruction.
- Long-term predictable nipple projection following reconstruction.
- Long-term reconstructive outcomes after expander-implant breast reconstruction with serious infectious or wound-healing complications.
- MR detection of leakage from silicone breast implants: value of a silicone-selective pulse sequence.
- MR imaging of silicone gel-filled breast implants in vivo with a method that visualizes silicone selectively.
- Mammographic appearance of calcium hydroxylapatite (RadiesseTM) injected into the breast for nipple reconstruction.
- Modeling fade patterns of nipple areola complex tattoos following breast reconstruction.
- National Trends in Immediate Breast Reconstruction: An Analysis of Implant-Based Versus Autologous Reconstruction After Mastectomy.
- National trends and predictors of mastectomy with immediate breast reconstruction.
- Neurotization of the Nipple-Areola Complex during Implant-Based Reconstruction: Evaluation of Early Sensation Recovery.
- Nipple sparing mastectomy and microsurgical breast reconstruction: An approach for success.
- Nipple-Sparing Mastectomy with Immediate Breast Reconstruction in Breast Cancer Patients with Tumour-Nipple Distance Less Than 2.0 cm: The Jury is Still Out.
- Nipple-sparing mastectomy: A review of outcomes at a single institution.
- Nipple-sparing mastectomy: critical assessment of 51 procedures and implications for selection criteria.
- Normative Data for Interpreting the BREAST-Q: Augmentation.
- Occurrence of Symptomatic Hypotension in Patients Undergoing Breast Free Flaps: Is Enhanced Recovery after Surgery to Blame?
- Optimization of conscious sedation in plastic surgery.
- Optimizing Postoperative Pain Control in Autologous Breast Reconstruction: A Systematic Review.
- Optimizing non-opioid pain control after implant-based breast reconstruction: a review of the literature and proposed pain control algorithm.
- Outcomes after total skin-sparing mastectomy and immediate reconstruction in 657 breasts.
- Pathogenesis of radiation-induced capsular contracture in tissue expander and implant breast reconstruction.
- Patient perceptions on physician reimbursement in plastic surgery.
- Patient-Reported Outcomes of Breast Reconstruction: Does the Quality of Decisions Matter?
- Post-Mastectomy Imaging after Breast Reconstruction: In Reply to Gordon.
- Postmastectomy Conundrum.
- Preoperative Body Image Factors Are Associated with Complications after Breast Reconstruction.
- Preoperative breast size affects reconstruction status following mastectomy.
- Prospective, Randomized, Controlled Comparison of Bupivacaine versus Liposomal Bupivacaine for Pain Management after Unilateral Delayed Deep Inferior Epigastric Perforator Free Flap Reconstruction.
- Quality of Patient Decisions About Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy.
- Quality-of-Life Outcomes Improve with Nipple-Sparing Mastectomy and Breast Reconstruction.
- Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Surgical Outcomes after Postmastectomy Breast Reconstruction.
- Reply: Antibiotic Prophylaxis following Implant-Based Breast Reconstruction: What Is the Evidence?
- Reply: Breast Cancer and Reconstruction: Normative Data for Interpreting the BREAST-Q.
- Reply: Fat Grafting and the Palpable Breast Mass in Implant-Based Breast Reconstruction: Incidence and Implications.
- Reply: The Impact of Autologous Breast Reconstruction on Body Mass Index Patterns in Breast Cancer Patients: A Propensity-Matched Analysis.
- Reproducible and efficient technique for performing a sensory nerve sparing mastectomy: Lessons learned from cadaveric and patient dissections.
- Safety of immediate transverse rectus abdominis myocutaneous breast reconstruction for patients with locally advanced disease.
- Sensory Restoration in Abdominally Based Free Flaps for Breast Reconstruction Using Nerve Allograft.
- Seromas in residual fibrous capsules after explantation: mammographic and sonographic appearances.
- Sternal wound dehiscence complicated by macromastia: report of two cases with discussion of literature.
- Subjective and objective evaluation of breast temperature following post-mastectomy reconstruction.
- Surgeon choice in the use of postdischarge antibiotics for prophylaxis following mastectomy with and without breast reconstruction.
- Surgery for palliation and treatment of advanced breast cancer.
- Technical considerations in nonreconstructive mastectomy patients.
- Textbook outcomes in DIEP flap breast reconstruction: a Delphi study to establish consensus.
- The "Yin and Yang" of Platelet-rich Plasma in Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy or Lumpectomy for Breast Cancer.
- The "banked" TRAM: a method to insure mastectomy skin-flap survival.
- The Association of Overall Annual Hospital Volume and Perioperative Outcomes following Free Flap Breast Reconstruction.
- The BREAST-Q in surgical research: A review of the literature 2009-2015.
- The Baltodano Breast Reduction Score: A Nationwide, Multi-Institutional, Validated Approach to Reducing Surgical-Site Morbidity.
- The Effect of Lavender Oil on Perioperative Pain, Anxiety, Depression, and Sleep after Microvascular Breast Reconstruction: A Prospective, Single-Blinded, Randomized, Controlled Trial.
- The Evolution of Breast Satisfaction and Well-Being after Breast Cancer: A Propensity-Matched Comparison to the Norm.
- The Impact of Autologous Breast Reconstruction on Body Mass Index Patterns in Breast Cancer Patients: A Propensity-Matched Analysis.
- The Influence of Fat Grafting on Breast Imaging after Postmastectomy Reconstruction: A Matched Cohort Analysis.
- The Influence of Marital Status on Contemporary Patterns of Postmastectomy Breast Reconstruction.
- The Necessity of the Nipple: Redefining Completeness in Breast Reconstruction.
- The choice for breast cancer surgery: can women accurately predict postoperative quality of life and disease-related stigma?
- The effect of sarcopenia on perioperative complications in abdominally based free-flap breast reconstruction.
- The effect of system-level access factors on receipt of reconstruction among Latina and white women with DCIS.
- The effect of treatment on patient-reported distress after breast cancer diagnosis.
- The effects of acellular dermal matrix in expander-implant breast reconstruction after total skin-sparing mastectomy: results of a prospective practice improvement study.
- The impact of obesity on outcomes for patients undergoing mastectomy using the ACS-NSQIP data set.
- The impact of surgery on ductal carcinoma in situ outcomes: the use of mastectomy.
- The influence of social media on women undergoing immediate breast reconstruction.
- Total nipple-areola complex necrosis in inferior pedicle breast reduction.
- Trends in Patient-Reported Outcomes Reporting in Breast Reconstruction: A Scoping Literature Review.
- Understanding the Economic Value of Plastic Surgery to a Health Care System.
- Understanding the Health Burden of Macromastia: Normative Data for the BREAST-Q Reduction Module.
- Using Data Price Transparency to Evaluate Autologous and Alloplastic Breast Reconstruction-Does It Tell the Whole (S)tory?
- Using Google Trends to analyze patient search interest in implant-based and autologous breast reconstruction.
- Which Factors Are Important to Women When Choosing a Breast Reconstruction Surgeon?
Keywords of People
- Nielsen, Karen Cristina, Associate Professor of Anesthesiology, Anesthesiology, Ambulatory
- Sullivan, Daniel Carl, Professor Emeritus of Radiology, Radiology