Subject Areas on Research
- 2011 ASA/ACCF/AHA/AANN/AANS/ACR/ASNR/CNS/SAIP/SCAI/SIR/SNIS/SVM/SVS guideline on the management of patients with extracranial carotid and vertebral artery disease: executive summary: a report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines, and the American Stroke Association, American Association of Neuroscience Nurses, American Association of Neurological Surgeons, American College of Radiology, American Society of Neuroradiology, Congress of Neurological Surgeons, Society of Atherosclerosis Imaging and Prevention, Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions, Society of Interventional Radiology, Society of NeuroInterventional Surgery, Society for Vascular Medicine, and Society for Vascular Surgery. Developed in collaboration with the American Academy of Neurology and Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography.
- A new permutation-based method for assessing agreement between two observers making replicated quantitative readings.
- Absence of selective deep white matter ischemia in chronic carotid disease: a positron emission tomographic study of regional oxygen extraction.
- Acoustic radiation force impulse imaging for noninvasive characterization of carotid artery atherosclerotic plaques: a feasibility study
- Acute hemodynamic changes during carotid artery stenting.
- Advances in prevention and health services delivery 2009.
- Advances in stroke: Prevention and health services delivery 2012-2013.
- Alterations in cholesterol absorption/synthesis markers characterize Framingham offspring study participants with CHD.
- Analysis of anatomic factors and age in patients undergoing carotid angioplasty and stenting.
- Antisense oligonucleotides directed at cell cycle regulatory genes as strategy for restenosis therapy.
- Assessing individual agreement.
- Assessing intra, inter and total agreement with replicated readings.
- Assessment of stenosis: implications of variability of Doppler measurements in normal-appearing carotid arteries.
- Atorvastatin reduces the risk of cardiovascular events in patients with carotid atherosclerosis: a secondary analysis of the Stroke Prevention by Aggressive Reduction in Cholesterol Levels (SPARCL) trial.
- Bradycardia and Asystole in Patients Undergoing Symptomatic Chronically Occluded Internal Carotid Artery Recanalization.
- CT angiography with spiral CT and maximum intensity projection.
- CT perfusion-guided versus time-guided mechanical recanalization in acute ischemic stroke patients.
- Cardiac Biomarkers Predict Large Vessel Occlusion in Patients with Ischemic Stroke.
- Cardiovascular function in normotensive offspring of persons with essential hypertension and black race.
- Carotid Endarterectomy Versus Carotid Stenting to Treat Carotid Stenosis: There Is More to Than Meets the Eye.
- Carotid Endarterectomy to Remove Retained Solitaire Stent Retriever inside Carotid Stent after Mechanical Thrombectomy.
- Carotid Intima-Media Thickness but Not Carotid Artery Plaque in Healthy Individuals Is Linked to Lean Body Mass.
- Carotid Stenosis and Recurrent Ischemic Stroke: A Post-Hoc Analysis of the POINT Trial.
- Carotid artery angioplasty and stent placement: postprocedural hemorrhage and delayed pseudoaneurysm formation.
- Carotid artery stenosis: gray-scale and Doppler US diagnosis--Society of Radiologists in Ultrasound Consensus Conference.
- Carotid artery stenosis: grayscale and Doppler ultrasound diagnosis--Society of Radiologists in Ultrasound consensus conference.
- Carotid artery stenting versus carotid endarterectomy.
- Carotid artery stenting versus carotid endarterectomy: a comprehensive meta-analysis of short-term and long-term outcomes.
- Carotid atherosclerosis and prospective risk of dementia.
- Carotid endarterectomy for asymptomatic carotid stenosis: asymptomatic carotid surgery trial.
- Carotid endarterectomy for stroke prevention in older people.
- Carotid endarterectomy in the era of endovascular therapy: still the gold standard.
- Carotid endarterectomy versus carotid angioplasty with or without stenting for treatment of carotid artery stenosis: an updated meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials.
- Carotid endarterectomy.
- Carotid stenting and endarterectomy and contralateral carotid occlusion.
- Cerebellum as the normal reference for the detection of increased cerebral oxygen extraction.
- Cerebral blood flow changes after endovascular treatment of cerebrovascular stenoses.
- Cerebral monitoring during transcarotid artery revascularization with flow reversal via transcranial doppler ultrasound examination.
- Changes in serum leptin levels as well as sICAM-1 and sVCAM-1 soluble adhesion molecules during carotid endarterectomy.
- Clinical and Imaging Features of Contrast-Induced Neurotoxicity After Neurointerventional Surgery.
- Clinical carotid endarterectomy decision making: noninvasive vascular imaging versus angiography.
- Co-existence of vascular disease in different arterial beds: Peripheral artery disease and carotid artery stenosis--Data from Life Line Screening(®).
- Coefficients of agreement for fixed observers.
- Comparing MRS and PET.
- Comparing the use of diagnostic imaging and receipt of carotid endarterectomy in elderly black and white stroke patients.
- Comparison and meta-analysis of randomized trials of endarterectomy for symptomatic carotid artery stenosis.
- Comparison of Acoustic Radiation Force Impulse Imaging Derived Carotid Plaque Stiffness With Spatially Registered MRI Determined Composition.
- Comparison of PET oxygen extraction fraction methods for the prediction of stroke risk.
- Comparison of concordance correlation coefficient and coefficient of individual agreement in assessing agreement.
- Comparison of in-hospital outcomes of patients with versus without previous carotid endarterectomy undergoing carotid stenting (from the German ALKK CAS Registry).
- Compliance with expert population-based dietary guidelines and lower odds of carotid atherosclerosis in women: the Framingham Nutrition Studies.
- Computer programs for the concordance correlation coefficient.
- Concomitant carotid endarterectomy and cardiac surgery does not decrease postoperative stroke rates.
- Cost-effectiveness analysis of therapy for symptomatic carotid occlusion: PET screening before selective extracranial-to-intracranial bypass versus medical treatment.
- Cost-effectiveness of screening for asymptomatic carotid atherosclerotic disease.
- Critical role for the alpha-1B adrenergic receptor at the sympathetic neuroeffector junction.
- Current Debates on the Treatment of Carotid Stenosis in Both Symptomatic and Asymptomatic Patients: A Reappraisal.
- Detection and Quantification of Symptomatic Atherosclerotic Plaques With High-Resolution Imaging in Cryptogenic Stroke.
- Detection of carotid stenosis by physical examination.
- Development, validation, and application of a microsimulation model to predict stroke and mortality in medically managed asymptomatic patients with significant carotid artery stenosis.
- Diabetes Mellitus with Chronic Complications in Relation to Carotid Endarterectomy and Carotid Artery Stenting Outcomes.
- Distribution and cross-sectional age-related increases of carotid artery intima-media thickness in young adults: the Bogalusa Heart Study.
- Duplication of the internal carotid artery presenting with severe atherosclerotic stenosis.
- Early carotid artery stenting and angioplasty in patients with acute ischemic stroke.
- Effectiveness and safety of carotid artery stenting for significant carotid stenosis in patients with contralateral occlusion (from the German ALKK-CAS Registry experience).
- Efficient adenoviral gene transfer to early venous bypass grafts: comparison with native vessels.
- Emergent endovascular recanalization for cervical internal carotid artery occlusion in patients presenting with acute stroke.
- Endarterectomy for asymptomatic carotid artery stenosis.
- Endovascular thoracic aortic aneurysm repair with concomitant myocardial and carotid revascularization.
- Estimation of coefficients of individual agreement (CIAs) for quantitative and binary data using SAS and R.
- Evaluation of cerebrovascular reserve capacity in symptomatic and asymptomatic internal carotid stenosis with transcranial Doppler.
- Eversion endarterectomy of the carotid artery: technical considerations and recurrent stenoses.
- Extracranial carotid artery stenosis.
- Extracranial-intracranial bypass for ischemic cerebrovascular disease: what have we learned from the Carotid Occlusion Surgery Study?
- Extracranial-intracranial bypass surgery for stroke prevention in hemodynamic cerebral ischemia: the Carotid Occlusion Surgery Study randomized trial.
- Fibrinogen and factor VIII, but not factor VII, are associated with measures of subclinical cardiovascular disease in the elderly. Results from The Cardiovascular Health Study.
- Geographic variation in carotid revascularization among Medicare beneficiaries, 2003-2006.
- Global judgments versus decision-model-facilitated judgments: are experts internally consistent?
- Guidelines for carotid endarterectomy. A multidisciplinary consensus statement from the ad hoc Committee, American Heart Association.
- Guidelines for carotid endarterectomy: a statement for healthcare professionals from a special writing group of the Stroke Council, American Heart Association.
- Health-related quality of life after carotid stenting versus carotid endarterectomy: results from CREST (Carotid Revascularization Endarterectomy Versus Stenting Trial).
- Hemodynamic benefits of regional anesthesia for carotid endarterectomy.
- Homocysteine as a risk factor of restenosis after carotid endarterectomy.
- How asymptomatic is asymptomatic carotid stenosis?
- Hybrid Surgery for Internal Carotid Artery Revascularization.
- Importance of hemodynamic factors in the prognosis of symptomatic carotid occlusion.
- In Reply to the Letter to the Editor Regarding "Hybrid Surgery for Internal Carotid Artery Revascularization".
- In vitro evaluation of the effectiveness of distal protection in the prevention of cerebral thromboembolism during carotid stent placement.
- Incidence and risk factors of significant carotid artery stenosis in asymptomatic survivors of head and neck cancer after radiotherapy.
- Incidence, impact, and predictors of cranial nerve palsy and haematoma following carotid endarterectomy in the international carotid stenting study.
- Increased plasma oxidized phospholipid:apolipoprotein B-100 ratio with concomitant depletion of oxidized phospholipids from atherosclerotic lesions after dietary lipid-lowering: a potential biomarker of early atherosclerosis regression.
- Influence of projected complication rates on estimated appropriate use rates for carotid endarterectomy. Appropriateness Project Investigators. Academic Medical Center Consortium.
- Influence of stent design and use of protection devices on outcome of carotid artery stenting: a pooled analysis of individual patient data.
- Intracerebral hemorrhage after carotid endarterectomy: incidence, contribution to neurologic morbidity, and predictive factors.
- Intravenous tissue-type plasminogen activator therapy is an independent risk factor for symptomatic intracerebral hemorrhage after carotid endarterectomy.
- Investigating the mechanisms of perioperative ischemic stroke in the Carotid Occlusion Surgery Study.
- Ischemic Stroke and Internal Carotid Artery Web.
- Isolation and transplantation of autologous circulating endothelial cells into denuded vessels and prosthetic grafts: implications for cell-based vascular therapy.
- Letter by Moris and Avgerinos Regarding Article, "Long-Term Outcome After Carotid Artery Stenting: A Population-Based Matched Cohort Study".
- Letter by Powers Regarding Article, "Failure of cerebral hemodynamic selection in general or of specific positron emission tomography methodology? Carotid occlusion surgery study (COSS)".
- Light sheet fluorescence microscopy as a new method for unbiased three-dimensional analysis of vascular injury.
- Long-term outcomes after carotid endarterectomy: can the past be used to predict the future?
- MCA flow asymmetry is a marker for cerebrovascular disease.
- MR microscopy of the rat carotid artery after balloon injury by using an implanted imaging coil.
- Management of internal carotid artery occlusion.
- Measurement of cerebral blood flow in chronic carotid occlusive disease: comparison of dynamic susceptibility contrast perfusion MR imaging with positron emission tomography.
- Methodological remarks concerning the recent meta-analysis of carotid artery stenting vs carotid endarterectomy.
- Modeling concordance correlation via GEE to evaluate reproducibility.
- Multicenter review of preoperative risk factors for carotid endarterectomy in patients with ipsilateral symptoms.
- Multicenter review of preoperative risk factors for endarterectomy for asymptomatic carotid artery stenosis.
- Neointimal hyperplasia rapidly reaches steady state in a novel murine vein graft model.
- Noninvasive carotid artery testing. A meta-analytic review.
- Nonstenotic carotid plaques: Stroke causation or guilt by association?
- Overall concordance correlation coefficient for evaluating agreement among multiple observers.
- Patterns of infarction in hemodynamic failure.
- Perfusion imaging and recurrent cerebrovascular events in intracranial atherosclerotic disease or carotid occlusion.
- Perioperative morbidity and mortality in combined vs. staged approaches to carotid and coronary revascularization.
- Peripheral arterial disease: an overview of endovascular therapies and contemporary treatment strategies.
- Periprocedural complication rates are equivalent between symptomatic and asymptomatic patients undergoing carotid angioplasty and stenting.
- Positional symptomatic occlusion of the internal carotid artery: evaluation and surgical management.
- Predictors of 30-day postoperative stroke or death after carotid endarterectomy using the 2012 carotid endarterectomy-targeted American College of Surgeons National Surgical Quality Improvement Program database.
- Predictors of Stroke, Myocardial Infarction or Death within 30 Days of Carotid Artery Stenting: Results from the International Carotid Stenting Study.
- Prevention of restenosis by gene therapy.
- Preview of a new trial of extracranial-to-intracranial arterial anastomosis: the carotid occlusion surgery study.
- Prospective evaluation of novice-acquired three-dimensional point-of-care ultrasound for carotid stenosis.
- Race, presenting signs and symptoms, use of carotid artery imaging, and appropriateness of carotid endarterectomy.
- Randomized Evaluation of Carotid Occlusion and Neurocognition (RECON) trial: main results.
- Re: Stages and thresholds of hemodynamic failure.
- Recurrent Hemispheric Stroke Syndromes in Symptomatic Atherosclerotic Internal Carotid Artery Occlusions: The Carotid Occlusion Surgery Study Randomized Trial.
- Regarding "Anesthetic type and risk of myocardial infarction after carotid endarterectomy in the Carotid Revascularization Endarterectomy versus Stenting Trial (CREST)".
- Regarding "stroke and death after carotid endarterectomy and carotid artery stenting with and without high risk criteria".
- Relative Mean Transit Time Predicts Subsequent Stroke in Symptomatic Carotid Occlusion.
- Restenosis and risk of stroke after stenting or endarterectomy for symptomatic carotid stenosis in the International Carotid Stenting Study (ICSS): secondary analysis of a randomised trial.
- Retinal vascular caliber and extracranial carotid disease in patients with acute ischemic stroke: the Multi-Centre Retinal Stroke (MCRS) study.
- Retrospective analysis of bovine pericardium (Vascu-Guard) for patch closure in carotid endarterectomies.
- Risk Factors For Stroke, Myocardial Infarction, or Death Following Carotid Endarterectomy: Results From the International Carotid Stenting Study.
- Risks of stroke and current indications for cerebral revascularization in patients with carotid occlusion.
- Role of Doppler US in screening for carotid atherosclerotic disease.
- Role of the distal balloon protection technique in the prevention of cerebral embolic events during carotid stent placement.
- Routine bivalirudin use in percutaneous carotid interventions.
- Safety and Feasibility of Simultaneous Transcarotid Revascularization With Flow Reversal and Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting for Concomitant Carotid Artery Stenosis and Coronary Artery Disease.
- Saphenous vein versus polytetrafluoroethylene carotid patch angioplasty.
- Screening for Asymptomatic Carotid Artery Stenosis: Evidence-Based Opinion.
- Screening for Asymptomatic Carotid Artery Stenosis: Lack of Clinical Benefit, Potential for Harm.
- Screening for asymptomatic carotid artery stenosis: caveat emptor.
- Severe hemodynamic impairment and border zone--region infarction.
- Should We Perform Carotid Doppler Screening Before Surgical or Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement?
- Simulated microgravity produces attenuated baroreflex-mediated pressor, chronotropic, and inotropic responses in mice.
- Stent impact on the geometry of the carotid bifurcation and the course of the internal carotid artery.
- Stroke in patients with asymptomatic internal-carotid-artery stenosis.
- Subclinical atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease and early age-related macular degeneration in a multiracial cohort: the Multiethnic Study of Atherosclerosis.
- Surgical results of the Carotid Occlusion Surgery Study.
- Sydenham Society: racial variations in carotid endarterectomy.
- Symptomatic Carotid Occlusion Is Frequently Associated With Microembolization.
- Targeting Gbeta gamma signaling in arterial vascular smooth muscle proliferation: a novel strategy to limit restenosis.
- Teaching NeuroImages: Radiation-associated symptomatic carotid artery disease with ipsilateral radiodermatitis.
- Temporal artery tap: usefulness and limitations in carotid sonography.
- Temporal changes in the external validity of clinical trials: asymptomatic carotid artery stenosis.
- The Carotid Occlusion Surgery Study.
- The Weekend Effect in Carotid Endarterectomy for Symptomatic Carotid Stenosis.
- The cart and the horse: the advancing technology of carotid artery stenting.
- The development and potential of acoustic radiation force impulse (ARFI) imaging for carotid artery plaque characterization.
- The impact of intraoperative shunting on early neurologic outcomes after carotid endarterectomy.
- The rational clinical examination. Does this patient have a clinically important carotid bruit?
- The risk of carotid stenosis in head and neck cancer patients after radiation therapy.
- The role of panoramic radiographs in the medical surveillance of a patient at risk for stroke: case report.
- The safety of aeroplane travel in patients with symptomatic carotid occlusion.
- The use of positron emission tomography in cerebrovascular disease.
- Thrombolysis is an Independent Risk Factor for Poor Outcome After Carotid Revascularization.
- Trade-offs and toss-ups: making revascularization decisions in carotid artery disease.
- Transradial access for carotid artery stenting: a single-center experience.
- US National Survey of Physician Practices for the Secondary and Tertiary Prevention of Ischemic Stroke. Carotid endarterectomy.
- US National Survey of Physician Practices for the Secondary and Tertiary Prevention of Ischemic Stroke. Medical therapy in patients with carotid artery stenosis.
- Usefulness of material recovered from distal embolic protection devices after carotid angioplasty: too little, too late?
- Variability of Doppler US measurements along the common carotid artery: effects on estimates of internal carotid arterial stenosis in patients with angiographically proved disease.
- What does cerebral platelet activation mean in the setting of carotid stenosis?
- Who doesn't receive carotid endarterectomy when appropriate?
- Will submandibular TCD prevent stroke in children with sickle cell anemia?
- YC-1-mediated vascular protection through inhibition of smooth muscle cell proliferation and platelet function.
- [Carotid stenting with the new slotted tube stent--prospective multicenter study. Essen experiences]].