Subject Areas on Research
- A functional variant in the CFI gene confers a high risk of age-related macular degeneration.
- C3b covalently bound to IgG demonstrates a reduced rate of inactivation by factors H and I.
- Complement activation contributes to perioperative neurocognitive disorders in mice.
- Factor I co-factor activity of CR1 overcomes the protective effect of IgG on covalently bound C3b residues.
- Genetic variants near TIMP3 and high-density lipoprotein-associated loci influence susceptibility to age-related macular degeneration.
- Glycoprotein C of herpes simplex virus 1 is an inhibitor of the complement cascade.
- Rare variants in CFI, C3 and C9 are associated with high risk of advanced age-related macular degeneration.
- Systematic Functional Testing of Rare Variants: Contributions of CFI to Age-Related Macular Degeneration.