Sequence Homology, Amino Acid
Subject Areas on Research
- 14-3-3 proteins are part of an abscisic acid-VIVIPAROUS1 (VP1) response complex in the Em promoter and interact with VP1 and EmBP1.
- 27-hydroxycholesterol is an endogenous selective estrogen receptor modulator.
- A B-cell-homing chemokine made in lymphoid follicles activates Burkitt's lymphoma receptor-1.
- A BMP pathway regulates cell fate allocation along the sea urchin animal-vegetal embryonic axis.
- A C-terminal motif found in the beta2-adrenergic receptor, P2Y1 receptor and cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator determines binding to the Na+/H+ exchanger regulatory factor family of PDZ proteins.
- A CaMK cascade activates CRE-mediated transcription in neurons of Caenorhabditis elegans.
- A Drosophila CREB/CREM homolog encodes multiple isoforms, including a cyclic AMP-dependent protein kinase-responsive transcriptional activator and antagonist.
- A STE12 homolog is required for mating but dispensable for filamentation in candida lusitaniae.
- A comparison of the genes coding for canonical TRP channels and their M, V and P relatives.
- A comprehensive search for calcium binding sites critical for TMEM16A calcium-activated chloride channel activity.
- A conserved docking motif for CK1 binding controls the nuclear localization of NFAT1.
- A conserved domain for glycogen binding in protein phosphatase-1 targeting subunits.
- A conserved domain of the viviparous-1 gene product enhances the DNA binding activity of the bZIP protein EmBP-1 and other transcription factors.
- A conserved family of cellular genes related to the baculovirus iap gene and encoding apoptosis inhibitors.
- A conserved sorting-associated protein is mutant in chorea-acanthocytosis.
- A defect in myoblast fusion underlies Carey-Fineman-Ziter syndrome.
- A distinctive clade B HIV type 1 is heterosexually transmitted in Trinidad and Tobago.
- A gain-of-function mutation in IAA16 confers reduced responses to auxin and abscisic acid and impedes plant growth and fertility.
- A gain-of-function mutation in a plant disease resistance gene leads to constitutive activation of downstream signal transduction pathways in the snc1 mutant
- A gel-free MS-based quantitative proteomic approach accurately measures cytochrome P450 protein concentrations in human liver microsomes.
- A genome-wide survey of the evolutionarily conserved Wnt pathways in the sea urchin Strongylocentrotus purpuratus.
- A glucan synthase FKS1 homolog in cryptococcus neoformans is single copy and encodes an essential function.
- A highly conserved tyrosine residue in G protein-coupled receptors is required for agonist-mediated beta 2-adrenergic receptor sequestration.
- A human anti-HIV autoantibody enhances EBV transformation and HIV infection.
- A human protein related to yeast Cdc6p.
- A limited set of SH2 domains binds BCR through a high-affinity phosphotyrosine-independent interaction.
- A molecular basis for inositol polyphosphate synthesis in Drosophila melanogaster.
- A mouse homologue of FAST-1 transduces TGF beta superfamily signals and is expressed during early embryogenesis.
- A mutation in a mitochondrial transmembrane protein is responsible for the pleiotropic hematological and skeletal phenotype of flexed-tail (f/f) mice.
- A neural survival factor is a candidate oncogene in breast cancer.
- A new face on apoptosis: death-associated protein 3 and PDCD9 are mitochondrial ribosomal proteins.
- A novel ATM-dependent pathway regulates protein phosphatase 1 in response to DNA damage.
- A novel androgen-regulated gene, PMEPA1, located on chromosome 20q13 exhibits high level expression in prostate.
- A novel antibody humanization method based on epitopes scanning and molecular dynamics simulation.
- A novel dwarfing mutation in a green revolution gene from Brassica rapa.
- A novel human endogenous retroviral protein inhibits cell-cell fusion.
- A novel leptin receptor isoform in rat.
- A novel mitochondrial septin-like protein, ARTS, mediates apoptosis dependent on its P-loop motif.
- A novel murine protein with no effect on iron homoeostasis is homologous with transferrin and is the putative inhibitor of carbonic anhydrase.
- A novel thermostable branching enzyme from an extremely thermophilic bacterial species, Rhodothermus obamensis.
- A predicted geranylgeranyl reductase reduces the ω-position isoprene of dolichol phosphate in the halophilic archaeon, Haloferax volcanii.
- A proteomics approach to the identification of mammalian mitochondrial small subunit ribosomal proteins.
- A regulatory cascade of three homeobox genes, ceh-10, ttx-3 and ceh-23, controls cell fate specification of a defined interneuron class in C. elegans.
- A single amino acid change in the cytoplasmic domain of the simian immunodeficiency virus transmembrane molecule increases envelope glycoprotein expression on infected cells.
- A single amino acid change in the para sodium channel protein is associated with knockdown-resistance (kdr) to pyrethroid insecticides in German cockroach.
- ALDH1L2 is the mitochondrial homolog of 10-formyltetrahydrofolate dehydrogenase.
- Abi-2, a novel SH3-containing protein interacts with the c-Abl tyrosine kinase and modulates c-Abl transforming activity.
- Activation of a phosphotyrosine phosphatase by tyrosine phosphorylation.
- Adeno-associated virus type 2 contains an integrin alpha5beta1 binding domain essential for viral cell entry.
- Adenylyl cyclase-associated protein Aca1 regulates virulence and differentiation of Cryptococcus neoformans via the cyclic AMP-protein kinase A cascade.
- Affinity-matured recombinant immunotoxin targeting gangliosides 3'-isoLM1 and 3',6'-isoLD1 on malignant gliomas.
- African strains of hepatitis E virus that are distinct from Asian strains.
- All cyclophilins and FK506 binding proteins are, individually and collectively, dispensable for viability in Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
- Alteration of the alkaloid profile in genetically modified tobacco reveals a role of methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase in nicotine N-demethylation.
- Alterations of the X-linked lymphoproliferative disease gene SH2D1A in common variable immunodeficiency syndrome.
- Altered Twist1 and Hand2 dimerization is associated with Saethre-Chotzen syndrome and limb abnormalities.
- Amt2 permease is required to induce ammonium-responsive invasive growth and mating in Cryptococcus neoformans.
- An Arabidopsis thaliana lipoxygenase gene can be induced by pathogens, abscisic acid, and methyl jasmonate.
- An MYH9 human disease model in flies: site-directed mutagenesis of the Drosophila non-muscle myosin II results in hypomorphic alleles with dominant character.
- An active site tyrosine influences the ability of the dimethyl sulfoxide reductase family of molybdopterin enzymes to reduce S-oxides.
- An alanine residue in the M3-M4 linker lines the glycine binding pocket of the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor.
- An alternative splice form of Mdm2 induces p53-independent cell growth and tumorigenesis.
- An autoreactive antibody from an SLE/HIV-1 individual broadly neutralizes HIV-1.
- Analysis of HIV-1 subtype B third variable region peptide motifs for induction of neutralizing antibodies against HIV-1 primary isolates.
- Ancestral and consensus envelope immunogens for HIV-1 subtype C.
- Angiotensin converting enzyme and genetic hypertension: cloning of rat cDNAs and characterization of the enzyme.
- AnkB, a periplasmic ankyrin-like protein in Pseudomonas aeruginosa, is required for optimal catalase B (KatB) activity and resistance to hydrogen peroxide.
- Ankyrin binding activity shared by the neurofascin/L1/NrCAM family of nervous system cell adhesion molecules.
- Ankyrin-binding activity of nervous system cell adhesion molecules expressed in adult brain.
- Ankyrin-binding proteins related to nervous system cell adhesion molecules: candidates to provide transmembrane and intercellular connections in adult brain.
- AnkyrinG. A new ankyrin gene with neural-specific isoforms localized at the axonal initial segment and node of Ranvier.
- Antibodies VRC01 and 10E8 neutralize HIV-1 with high breadth and potency even with Ig-framework regions substantially reverted to germline.
- Antithrombin III, a serpin family protease inhibitor, is a major heparin binding protein in porcine aqueous humor.
- Aquaporin in Candida: characterization of a functional water channel protein.
- Aquaporins in Saccharomyces. Genetic and functional distinctions between laboratory and wild-type strains.
- Aquaporins in Saccharomyces: Characterization of a second functional water channel protein.
- Arabidopsis BRCA2 and RAD51 proteins are specifically involved in defense gene transcription during plant immune responses.
- Arabidopsis DDB1-CUL4 ASSOCIATED FACTOR1 forms a nuclear E3 ubiquitin ligase with DDB1 and CUL4 that is involved in multiple plant developmental processes.
- Arabidopsis calcium-dependent protein kinase 3 regulates actin cytoskeleton organization and immunity.
- Arhgap24 inactivates Rac1 in mouse podocytes, and a mutant form is associated with familial focal segmental glomerulosclerosis.
- Assessment of the Clinical Relevance of BRCA2 Missense Variants by Functional and Computational Approaches.
- Assignment of transforming growth factor beta1 and beta3 and a third new ligand to the type I receptor ALK-1.
- Association of the kinesin-binding domain of RanBP2 to KIF5B and KIF5C determines mitochondria localization and function.
- Asynchronous nuclear division cycles in multinucleated cells.
- Autosomal-dominant distal myopathy associated with a recurrent missense mutation in the gene encoding the nuclear matrix protein, matrin 3.
- BP1, a homeodomain-containing isoform of DLX4, represses the beta-globin gene.
- Backbone dynamics of homologous fibronectin type III cell adhesion domains from fibronectin and tenascin.
- Binding of G protein beta gamma-subunits to pleckstrin homology domains.
- Biological, molecular, and structural analysis of a cytopathic variant from a molecularly cloned simian immunodeficiency virus.
- Bovine phospholipase C highly homologous to the norpA protein of Drosophila is expressed specifically in cones.
- C-terminal regions of the human telomerase catalytic subunit essential for in vivo enzyme activity.
- CAMP-mediated inhibition of the renal brush border membrane Na+-H+ exchanger requires a dissociable phosphoprotein cofactor.
- CD20: a regulator of cell-cycle progression of B lymphocytes.
- CD22, a B lymphocyte-specific adhesion molecule that regulates antigen receptor signaling.
- CD6-ligand interactions: a paradigm for SRCR domain function?
- CHMP5 is essential for late endosome function and down-regulation of receptor signaling during mouse embryogenesis.
- CHST1 and CHST2 sulfotransferases expressed by human vascular endothelial cells: cDNA cloning, expression, and chromosomal localization.
- COMMD proteins, a novel family of structural and functional homologs of MURR1.
- CX3CR1 tyrosine sulfation enhances fractalkine-induced cell adhesion.
- Ca(2+)-regulated serine protease associated with the nuclear scaffold.
- Cadherin-6 expression transiently delineates specific rhombomeres, other neural tube subdivisions, and neural crest subpopulations in mouse embryos.
- Caenorhabditis elegans beta-G spectrin is dispensable for establishment of epithelial polarity, but essential for muscular and neuronal function.
- Caenorhabditis elegans cog-1 locus encodes GTX/Nkx6.1 homeodomain proteins and regulates multiple aspects of reproductive system development.
- Calcineurin is required for virulence of Cryptococcus neoformans.
- Calcineurin mutants render T lymphocytes resistant to cyclosporin A.
- Calcineurin regulatory subunit is essential for virulence and mediates interactions with FKBP12-FK506 in Cryptococcus neoformans.
- Calcium binding is required for calmodulin function in Aspergillus nidulans.
- Calcium channel function regulated by the SH3-GK module in beta subunits.
- Calmodulin mediates Ca2+ sensitivity of sodium channels.
- Cardiac-specific LIM protein FHL2 modifies the hypertrophic response to beta-adrenergic stimulation.
- Casein kinase 1α-dependent feedback loop controls autophagy in RAS-driven cancers.
- Casein kinase I: another cog in the circadian clockworks.
- Cell binding specificity of mouse R-cadherin and chromosomal mapping of the gene.
- Cellular and molecular biology of the aquaporin water channels.
- Cellular mechanisms regulating protein phosphatase-1. A key functional interaction between inhibitor-2 and the type 1 protein phosphatase catalytic subunit.
- Changes in the pattern of adherens junction-associated beta-catenin accompany morphogenesis in the sea urchin embryo.
- Characterization and expression of a rice RAD23 gene.
- Characterization and structure of the manganese-responsive transcriptional regulator ScaR.
- Characterization of RanBP2-associated molecular components in neuroretina.
- Characterization of a murine monoclonal antibody that mimics heparin-induced thrombocytopenia antibodies.
- Characterization of a protein cofactor that mediates protein kinase A regulation of the renal brush border membrane Na(+)-H+ exchanger.
- Characterization of an iron-sulfur cluster assembly protein (ISU1) from Schizosaccharomyces pombe.
- Characterization of host-cell line specific glycosylation profiles of early transmitted/founder HIV-1 gp120 envelope proteins.
- Characterization of immunophilins in the silkmoth Bombyx mori.
- Characterization of kinectin, a kinesin-binding protein: primary sequence and N-terminal topogenic signal analysis.
- Characterization of moesin in the sea urchin Lytechinus variegatus: redistribution to the plasma membrane following fertilization is inhibited by cytochalasin B.
- Characterization of the G protein-coupled receptor kinase GRK4. Identification of four splice variants.
- Characterization of the porcine ATM gene: towards the generation of a novel non-murine animal model for Ataxia-Telangiectasia.
- Characterization of the role of cadherin in regulating cell adhesion during sea urchin development.
- Characterization of vps33+, a gene required for vacuolar biogenesis and protein sorting in Schizosaccharomyces pombe.
- Chromosomal localization of the mouse Src-like adapter protein (Slap) gene and its putative human homolog SLA.
- Cloning and characterization of SLP3: a novel member of the stomatin family expressed by olfactory receptor neurons.
- Cloning and characterization of a cAMP-specific cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase.
- Cloning and characterization of a mammalian lithium-sensitive bisphosphate 3'-nucleotidase inhibited by inositol 1,4-bisphosphate.
- Cloning and characterization of developmental endothelial locus-1: an embryonic endothelial cell protein that binds the alphavbeta3 integrin receptor.
- Cloning and characterization of two human VIP1-like inositol hexakisphosphate and diphosphoinositol pentakisphosphate kinases.
- Cloning and characterization of two splice variants of human phosphodiesterase 11A.
- Cloning and characterization of two yeast genes encoding members of the CCCH class of zinc finger proteins: zinc finger-mediated impairment of cell growth.
- Cloning and expression of a novel Na(+)-dependent neutral amino acid transporter structurally related to mammalian Na+/glutamate cotransporters.
- Cloning and pharmacological characterization of human alpha-1 adrenergic receptors: sequence corrections and direct comparison with other species homologues.
- Cloning of a cDNA encoding bovine erythropoietin and analysis of its transcription in selected tissues.
- Cloning of cDNA and analysis of the gene for mouse angiotensin II type 2 receptor.
- Cloning of human and mouse brain cDNAs coding for S1, the second member of the mammalian elongation factor-1 alpha gene family: analysis of a possible evolutionary pathway.
- Cloning of rat thymic stromal lymphopoietin receptor (TSLPR) and characterization of genomic structure of murine Tslpr gene.
- Cloning of zebrafish vsx1: expression of a paired-like homeobox gene during CNS development.
- Cloning the Cryptococcus neoformans TRP1 gene by complementation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
- Cloning, heterologous expression, and chromosomal localization of human inositol polyphosphate 1-phosphatase.
- Cloning, mapping, and characterization of activated leukocyte-cell adhesion molecule (ALCAM), a CD6 ligand.
- Cloning, overexpression, purification, and immunobiology of an 85-kilodalton outer membrane protein from Haemophilus ducreyi.
- Clustered charged amino acids of human adenosine deaminase comprise a functional epitope for binding the adenosine deaminase complexing protein CD26/dipeptidyl peptidase IV.
- Common promoter elements in odorant and vomeronasal receptor genes.
- Compact organization of rRNA genes in the filamentous fungus Ashbya gossypii.
- Comparison of myristoyl-CoA:protein N-myristoyltransferases from three pathogenic fungi: Cryptococcus neoformans, Histoplasma capsulatum, and Candida albicans.
- Compartmentalization of cAMP-dependent signaling by phosphodiesterase-4D is involved in the regulation of vasopressin-mediated water reabsorption in renal principal cells.
- Components of a calmodulin-dependent protein kinase cascade. Molecular cloning, functional characterization and cellular localization of Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase kinase beta.
- Comprehensive identification of mRNA isoforms reveals the diversity of neural cell-surface molecules with roles in retinal development and disease.
- Computational and experimental analyses reveal previously undetected coding exons of the KRIT1 (CCM1) gene.
- Consensus Coexpression Network Analysis Identifies Key Regulators of Flower and Fruit Development in Wild Strawberry.
- Conservation of dishevelled structure and function between flies and mice: isolation and characterization of Dvl2.
- Conserved Residues Control Activation of Mammalian G Protein-Coupled Odorant Receptors.
- Constitutive expression of CaSRP1, a hot pepper small rubber particle protein homolog, resulted in fast growth and improved drought tolerance in transgenic Arabidopsis plants.
- Constitutive proteasome-mediated turnover of Bfl-1/A1 and its processing in response to TNF receptor activation in FL5.12 pro-B cells convert it into a prodeath factor.
- Contribution of horizontal gene transfer to the evolution of Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
- Cowpox virus contains two copies of an early gene encoding a soluble secreted form of the type II TNF receptor.
- Cowpox virus encodes a fifth member of the tumor necrosis factor receptor family: a soluble, secreted CD30 homologue.
- Cowpox virus genome encodes a second soluble homologue of cellular TNF receptors, distinct from CrmB, that binds TNF but not LT alpha.
- Crucial role of copper in detection of metal-coordinating odorants.
- Cryptococcus neoformans histone acetyltransferase Gcn5 regulates fungal adaptation to the host.
- Crystal structure of DMSO reductase: redox-linked changes in molybdopterin coordination.
- Crystal structure of a thermostable Bacillus DNA polymerase I large fragment at 2.1 A resolution.
- Crystal structure of deoxygenated Limulus polyphemus subunit II hemocyanin at 2.18 A resolution: clues for a mechanism for allosteric regulation.
- Crystal structure of the gephyrin-related molybdenum cofactor biosynthesis protein MogA from Escherichia coli.
- Crystal structures of Toxoplasma gondii uracil phosphoribosyltransferase reveal the atomic basis of pyrimidine discrimination and prodrug binding.
- Crystallization and preliminary diffraction analysis of a hyperthermostable DNA polymerase from a Thermococcus archaeon.
- Cyclic AMP-dependent protein kinase catalytic subunits have divergent roles in virulence factor production in two varieties of the fungal pathogen Cryptococcus neoformans.
- DNA repair protein O6-alkylguanine-DNA alkyltransferase is phosphorylated by two distinct and novel protein kinases in human brain tumour cells.
- DNA replication checkpoint control of Wee1 stability by vertebrate Hsl7.
- DRAGON: a member of the repulsive guidance molecule-related family of neuronal- and muscle-expressed membrane proteins is regulated by DRG11 and has neuronal adhesive properties.
- DSG2 mutations contribute to arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasia/cardiomyopathy.
- Deficiencies in pro-thyrotropin-releasing hormone processing and abnormalities in thermoregulation in Cpefat/fat mice.
- Deficiency in SLC25A1, encoding the mitochondrial citrate carrier, causes combined D-2- and L-2-hydroxyglutaric aciduria.
- Defining an antigenic epitope on platelet factor 4 associated with heparin-induced thrombocytopenia.
- Defining fibronectin's cell adhesion synergy site by site-directed mutagenesis.
- Definition of a metal-dependent/Li(+)-inhibited phosphomonoesterase protein family based upon a conserved three-dimensional core structure.
- Derivation and characterization of a simian immunodeficiency virus SIVmac239 variant with tropism for CXCR4.
- Determination of the G beta gamma-binding domain of phosducin. A regulatable modulator of G beta gamma signaling.
- Development of peptide antagonists that target estrogen receptor beta-coactivator interactions.
- Diabetic liver injury from streptozotocin is regulated through the caspase-8 homolog cFLIP involving activation of JNK2 and intrahepatic immunocompetent cells.
- Differential expression of S1 and elongation factor-1 alpha during rat development.
- Differentiation- and stress-dependent nuclear cytoplasmic redistribution of myopodin, a novel actin-bundling protein.
- Direct photoresponsive inhibition of a p53-like transcription activation domain in PIF3 by Arabidopsis phytochrome B.
- Discovery of a cardiolipin synthase utilizing phosphatidylethanolamine and phosphatidylglycerol as substrates.
- Discovery of a novel Toxoplasma gondii conoid-associated protein important for parasite resistance to reactive nitrogen intermediates.
- Discovery of the Elusive UDP-Diacylglucosamine Hydrolase in the Lipid A Biosynthetic Pathway in Chlamydia trachomatis.
- Distinct CD4+ helper T cells involved in primary and secondary responses to infection.
- Distinctive subtypes of bovine phospholipase C that have preferential expression in the retina and high homology to the norpA gene product of Drosophila.
- Diversity of full-length subtype E HIV type 1 env sequences in early seroconvertors from northern Thailand.
- Dominant-negative IKZF1 mutations cause a T, B, and myeloid cell combined immunodeficiency.
- Dorsalizing and neuralizing properties of Xdsh, a maternally expressed Xenopus homolog of dishevelled.
- Drosophila p120catenin plays a supporting role in cell adhesion but is not an essential adherens junction component.
- Drosophila spastin regulates synaptic microtubule networks and is required for normal motor function.
- Dual kinase-mediated regulation of PITK by CaMKII and GSK3.
- E-cadherin polarity is determined by a multifunction motif mediating lateral membrane retention through ankyrin-G and apical-lateral transcytosis through clathrin.
- Early elicitor induction in members of a novel multigene family coding for highly related RING-H2 proteins in Arabidopsis thaliana
- Early specialization of the superfast myosin in extraocular and laryngeal muscles.
- Effect of cellular expression of pleckstrin homology domains on Gi-coupled receptor signaling.
- Effect of protein fusion on the transition temperature of an environmentally responsive elastin-like polypeptide: a role for surface hydrophobicity?
- Effects of mutant Ran/TC4 proteins on cell cycle progression.
- Elucidating the Candida albicans calcineurin signaling cascade controlling stress response and virulence.
- Embryonic expression of zebrafish MiT family genes tfe3b, tfeb, and tfec.
- Endoglin promotes transforming growth factor beta-mediated Smad 1/5/8 signaling and inhibits endothelial cell migration through its association with GIPC.
- Essential light chain of Drosophila nonmuscle myosin II.
- Estrogen receptor (ER) modulators each induce distinct conformational changes in ER alpha and ER beta.
- Ets-1 and runx2 regulate transcription of a metastatic gene, osteopontin, in murine colorectal cancer cells.
- Evaluation of Lipin 2 as a candidate gene for autosomal dominant 1 high-grade myopia.
- Evidence for a disease-resistance pathway in rice similar to the NPR1-mediated signaling pathway in Arabidopsis.
- Evidence for independent recruitment of zeta-crystallin/quinone reductase (CRYZ) as a crystallin in camelids and hystricomorph rodents.
- Evidence of Fe3+ interaction with the plug domain of the outer membrane transferrin receptor protein of Neisseria gonorrhoeae: implications for Fe transport.
- Evidence of viral adaptation to HLA class I-restricted immune pressure in chronic hepatitis C virus infection.
- Evolution of budding yeast prion-determinant sequences across diverse fungi.
- Evolution of the cytoskeleton.
- Evolution of the sex-related locus and genomic features shared in microsporidia and fungi.
- Evolution of the tenascin family--implications for function of the C-terminal fibrinogen-like domain.
- Expression and functional characterization of chimeras between human and bovine vitamin-K-dependent protein-S-defining modules important for the species specificity of the activated protein C cofactor activity.
- Expression cloning of type 2 angiotensin II receptor reveals a unique class of seven-transmembrane receptors.
- Expression of an EF-1 alpha-like rat cDNA, S1, in E. coli and production of a rabbit polyclonal antiserum to the recombinant protein.
- Expression, purification, and identification of associated proteins of the full-length hCDK12/CyclinK complex.
- Extensive phosphorylation with overlapping specificity by Mycobacterium tuberculosis serine/threonine protein kinases.
- Facultative role of germinal centers and T cells in the somatic diversification of IgVH genes.
- FimC is a periplasmic PapD-like chaperone that directs assembly of type 1 pili in bacteria.
- Fine mapping of the Pc locus of Sorghum bicolor, a gene controlling the reaction to a fungal pathogen and its host-selective toxin.
- FtsZ, a prokaryotic homolog of tubulin?
- Function of Cryptococcus neoformans KAR7 (SEC66) in karyogamy during unisexual and opposite-sex mating.
- Functional analysis of Wingless reveals a link between intercellular ligand transport and dorsal-cell-specific signaling.
- Functional development of the T cell receptor for antigen.
- Functional divergence in tandemly duplicated Arabidopsis thaliana trypsin inhibitor genes.
- Functional equivalence of an evolutionarily conserved RNA binding module.
- Functional evolution of mammalian odorant receptors.
- Functional expression of an arachnid sodium channel reveals residues responsible for tetrodotoxin resistance in invertebrate sodium channels.
- G protein-coupled receptor Gpr4 senses amino acids and activates the cAMP-PKA pathway in Cryptococcus neoformans.
- Galpha subunit Gpa2 recruits kelch repeat subunits that inhibit receptor-G protein coupling during cAMP-induced dimorphic transitions in Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
- Generalized dead-end elimination algorithms make large-scale protein side-chain structure prediction tractable: implications for protein design and structural genomics.
- Generation of high curvature membranes mediated by direct endophilin bilayer interactions.
- Generation of infectious molecular clones of simian immunodeficiency virus from fecal consensus sequences of wild chimpanzees.
- Genetic and structural variation in the gastric cancer kinome revealed through targeted deep sequencing.
- Genetic composition of the Bacillus subtilis SOS system.
- Genetic dissection of leukemia-associated IDH1 and IDH2 mutants and D-2-hydroxyglutarate in Drosophila.
- Genetic variation of HIV type 1 in four World Health Organization-sponsored vaccine evaluation sites: generation of functional envelope (glycoprotein 160) clones representative of sequence subtypes A, B, C, and E. WHO Network for HIV Isolation and Characterization.
- Genome annotation assessment in Drosophila melanogaster.
- Genome sequence of Blochmannia pennsylvanicus indicates parallel evolutionary trends among bacterial mutualists of insects.
- Genomic organization and cloning of the human homologue of murine Sipa-1.
- Genomics and expression profiles of the Hedgehog and Notch signaling pathways in sea urchin development.
- Getting more from less: algorithms for rapid protein identification with multiple short peptide sequences.
- Glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase is regulated on a daily basis by the circadian clock.
- Gpr1, a putative G-protein-coupled receptor, regulates morphogenesis and hypha formation in the pathogenic fungus Candida albicans.
- Guinea pig and bovine zeta-crystallins have distinct functional characteristics highlighting replacements in otherwise similar structures.
- HDAC6 modulates cell motility by altering the acetylation level of cortactin.
- HER-2/c-erbB2 is phosphorylated by calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II on a single site in the cytoplasmic tail at threonine-1172.
- HIN-1, a putative cytokine highly expressed in normal but not cancerous mammary epithelial cells.
- Hand2 elevates cardiomyocyte production during zebrafish heart development and regeneration.
- Heterogeneity of angiotensin synthetic pathways and receptor subtypes: physiological and pharmacological implications.
- Homer: a protein that selectively binds metabotropic glutamate receptors.
- Human DNA-activated protein kinase (DNA-PK) is homologous to phosphatidylinositol kinases.
- Human dendritic cells transfected with RNA encoding prostate-specific antigen stimulate prostate-specific CTL responses in vitro.
- Human homologue of Drosophila CNK interacts with Ras effector proteins Raf and Rlf.
- Human protein phosphatase PP6 regulatory subunits provide Sit4-dependent and rapamycin-sensitive sap function in Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
- Human type 2 angiotensin II receptor gene: cloned, mapped to the X chromosome, and its mRNA is expressed in the human lung.
- Hydrophobic residues Phe751 and Leu753 are essential for STAT5 transcriptional activity.
- Identification and cloning of a negative regulator of systemic acquired resistance, SNI1, through a screen for suppressors of npr1-1
- Identification and Quantitation of Coding Variants and Isoforms of Pulmonary Surfactant Protein A.
- Identification and characterization of a cDNA encoding cytochrome P450 3A from the fresh water teleost medaka (Oryzias latipes).
- Identification and characterization of a functional zebrafish smrt corepressor (ncor2).
- Identification and characterization of the Cryptococcus neoformans phosphomannose isomerase-encoding gene, MAN1, and its impact on pathogenicity.
- Identification and characterization of two Ca2+/CaM-dependent protein kinases required for normal nuclear division in Aspergillus nidulans.
- Identification and developmental expression of two activin receptors in baboon lung.
- Identification and localization of a sea urchin Notch homologue: insights into vegetal plate regionalization and Notch receptor regulation.
- Identification of Drosophila cytoskeletal proteins by induction of abnormal cell shape in fission yeast.
- Identification of a CD20-, FcepsilonRIbeta-, and HTm4-related gene family: sixteen new MS4A family members expressed in human and mouse.
- Identification of a brain- and reproductive-organs-specific gene responsive to DNA damage and retinoic acid.
- Identification of a motif in the carboxyl terminus of beta -arrestin2 responsible for activation of JNK3.
- Identification of a mutant DNA polymerase delta in Saccharomyces cerevisiae with an antimutator phenotype for frameshift mutations.
- Identification of a new family of protein phosphatase 2A regulatory subunits.
- Identification of a new transmembrane adaptor protein that constitutively binds Grb2 in B cells.
- Identification of a new variant of PDE1A calmodulin-stimulated cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase expressed in mouse sperm.
- Identification of a novel GTPase, the inducibly expressed GTPase, that accumulates in response to interferon gamma.
- Identification of a novel NBN truncating mutation in a family with hereditary prostate cancer.
- Identification of a putative Salmonella enterica serotype typhimurium host range factor with homology to IpaH and YopM by signature-tagged mutagenesis.
- Identification of a synthetic peptide that mimics an HIV glycoprotein 120 envelope conformational determinant exposed following ligation of glycoprotein 120 by CD4.
- Identification of additional members of human G-protein-coupled receptor kinase multigene family.
- Identification of an ADAMTS-4 cleavage motif using phage display leads to the development of fluorogenic peptide substrates and reveals matrilin-3 as a novel substrate.
- Identification of five hemoglobins in B6C3F1 mice by mass spectrometry and sequence analysis.
- Identification of gemin5 as a novel 7-methylguanosine cap-binding protein.
- Identification of human and mouse p19, a novel CDK4 and CDK6 inhibitor with homology to p16ink4.
- Identification of inhibitory autophosphorylation sites in casein kinase I epsilon.
- Identification of key amino acids responsible for the substantially higher affinities of human type 1 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/isomerase (3beta-HSD1) for substrates, coenzymes, and inhibitors relative to human 3beta-HSD2.
- Identification of mZnf8, a mouse Krüppel-like transcriptional repressor, as a novel nuclear interaction partner of Smad1.
- Identification of the G protein-coupled receptor kinase phosphorylation sites in the human beta2-adrenergic receptor.
- Identification of the MATa mating-type locus of Cryptococcus neoformans reveals a serotype A MATa strain thought to have been extinct.
- Identification of the RNA recognition element of the RBPMS family of RNA-binding proteins and their transcriptome-wide mRNA targets.
- Identification of the TBX5 transactivating domain and the nuclear localization signal.
- Identification of the ligand-binding domains of CD22, a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily that uniquely binds a sialic acid-dependent ligand.
- Identification of the nuclear localization signal in Xenopus cyclin E and analysis of its role in replication and mitosis.
- Identification of the segments of the mouse transferrin receptor 1 required for mouse mammary tumor virus infection.
- Identification, chromosomal mapping and tissue-specific expression of hREV3 encoding a putative human DNA polymerase zeta.
- Implications for proteasome nuclear localization revealed by the structure of the nuclear proteasome tether protein Cut8.
- Importance of the beta12-beta13 loop in protein phosphatase-1 catalytic subunit for inhibition by toxins and mammalian protein inhibitors.
- In vitro motility of AtKCBP, a calmodulin-binding kinesin protein of Arabidopsis.
- In vitro reconstitution of cortical actin assembly sites in budding yeast.
- Incorporation of tyrosine and glutamine residues into the soluble guanylate cyclase heme distal pocket alters NO and O2 binding.
- Increased expression of Drosophila tetraspanin, Tsp68C, suppresses the abnormal proliferation of ytr-deficient and Ras/Raf-activated hemocytes.
- Inference of the HIV-1 VRC01 Antibody Lineage Unmutated Common Ancestor Reveals Alternative Pathways to Overcome a Key Glycan Barrier.
- Inhibition of translation and induction of apoptosis by Bunyaviral nonstructural proteins bearing sequence similarity to reaper.
- Inhibitor of apoptosis proteins in eukaryotic evolution and development: a model of thematic conservation.
- Initiating a structural study of 2-keto-3-deoxy-6-phosphogluconate aldolase from Escherichia coli.
- Insights from the first putative biosynthetic gene cluster for a lichen depside and depsidone.
- Interaction of NPR1 with basic leucine zipper protein transcription factors that bind sequences required for salicylic acid induction of the PR-1 gene.
- Interactions between beta 2-syntrophin and a family of microtubule-associated serine/threonine kinases.
- Interplay of the Arabidopsis nonhost resistance gene NHO1 with bacterial virulence.
- Intra- and inter-subunit disulfide bond formation is nonessential in adeno-associated viral capsids.
- Intragenic duplication and divergence in the spectrin superfamily of proteins.
- Inverted formin 2 mutations with variable expression in patients with sporadic and hereditary focal and segmental glomerulosclerosis.
- Isolation and characterization of a bovine cDNA encoding a functional homolog of human P-selectin.
- Isolation and characterization of a mouse homolog of the Drosophila segment polarity gene dishevelled.
- Isolation and characterization of a new chemokine receptor gene, the putative chicken CXCR1.
- Isolation and characterization of human casein kinase I epsilon (CKI), a novel member of the CKI gene family.
- Isolation and characterization of the gene encoding rat glucose-dependent insulinotropic peptide.
- Isolation and characterization of the replicon of a Thiobacillus intermedius plasmid.
- Isolation and nucleotide sequence of canine glucose-6-phosphatase mRNA: identification of mutation in puppies with glycogen storage disease type Ia.
- Isolation of Vgr-2, a novel member of the transforming growth factor-beta-related gene family.
- Isolation of two E-box binding factors that interact with the rat tyrosine hydroxylase enhancer.
- Jun dimerization protein 2 functions as a progesterone receptor N-terminal domain coactivator.
- Keyhole limpet hemocyanin: structural and functional characterization of two different subunits and multimers.
- Kin1 kinase localizes at the hyphal septum and is dephosphorylated by calcineurin but is dispensable for septation and virulence in the human pathogen Aspergillus fumigatus.
- L-selectin binds to P-selectin glycoprotein ligand-1 on leukocytes: interactions between the lectin, epidermal growth factor, and consensus repeat domains of the selectins determine ligand binding specificity.
- LAB: a new membrane-associated adaptor molecule in B cell activation.
- LAD-1, the Caenorhabditis elegans L1CAM homologue, participates in embryonic and gonadal morphogenesis and is a substrate for fibroblast growth factor receptor pathway-dependent phosphotyrosine-based signaling.
- LAT: the ZAP-70 tyrosine kinase substrate that links T cell receptor to cellular activation.
- LETM1, a gene deleted in Wolf-Hirschhorn syndrome, encodes an evolutionarily conserved mitochondrial protein.
- LMNA, encoding lamin A/C, is mutated in partial lipodystrophy.
- Letal, A tumor-associated NKG2D immunoreceptor ligand, induces activation and expansion of effector immune cells.
- Linkage of kdr-type resistance and the para-homologous sodium channel gene in German cockroaches (Blattella germanica).
- Local encoding of computationally designed enzyme activity.
- LvGroucho and nuclear beta-catenin functionally compete for Tcf binding to influence activation of the endomesoderm gene regulatory network in the sea urchin embryo.
- LvNumb works synergistically with Notch signaling to specify non-skeletal mesoderm cells in the sea urchin embryo.
- Mammalian Sir2 homolog SIRT3 regulates global mitochondrial lysine acetylation.
- Mammalian dwarfins are phosphorylated in response to transforming growth factor beta and are implicated in control of cell growth.
- Mammalian homologs of Drosophila ELAV localized to a neuronal subset can bind in vitro to the 3' UTR of mRNA encoding the Id transcriptional repressor.
- Mapping mutations in genes encoding the two large subunits of Drosophila RNA polymerase II defines domains essential for basic transcription functions and for proper expression of developmental genes.
- Mapping of effector binding sites of transducin alpha-subunit using G alpha t/G alpha i1 chimeras.
- Mechanisms of resistance to 1,3-bis(2-chloroethyl)-1-nitrosourea in human medulloblastoma and rhabdomyosarcoma.
- Mechanistic studies of human molybdopterin synthase reaction and characterization of mutants identified in group B patients of molybdenum cofactor deficiency.
- Microarray identification of FMRP-associated brain mRNAs and altered mRNA translational profiles in fragile X syndrome.
- Microcytic anaemia mice have a mutation in Nramp2, a candidate iron transporter gene.
- Mimosine targets serine hydroxymethyltransferase.
- Mitochondrial localization of telomerase as a determinant for hydrogen peroxide-induced mitochondrial DNA damage and apoptosis.
- Mixed peptide sequencing and the FASTF/FASTS algorithms.
- Molecular analyses of the Arabidopsis TUBBY-like protein gene family.
- Molecular analysis of the AGL gene: identification of 25 novel mutations and evidence of genetic heterogeneity in patients with Glycogen Storage Disease Type III.
- Molecular analysis of the Cryptococcus neoformans ADE2 gene, a selectable marker for transformation and gene disruption.
- Molecular and biochemical characterization of two plant inositol polyphosphate 6-/3-/5-kinases.
- Molecular and structural analysis of nuclear localizing anti-DNA lupus antibodies.
- Molecular basis for AUXIN RESPONSE FACTOR protein interaction and the control of auxin response repression.
- Molecular basis for the enterocyte tropism exhibited by Salmonella typhimurium type 1 fimbriae.
- Molecular characterization of CLPT1, a SEC4-like Rab/GTPase of the phytopathogenic fungus Colletotrichum lindemuthianum which is regulated by the carbon source.
- Molecular characterization of an arachnid sodium channel gene from the varroa mite (Varroa destructor).
- Molecular characterization of anti-DNA antibodies induced in normal mice by immunization with bacterial DNA. Differences from spontaneous anti-DNA in the content and location of VH CDR3 arginines.
- Molecular cloning and analysis of functional envelope genes from human immunodeficiency virus type 1 sequence subtypes A through G. The WHO and NIAID Networks for HIV Isolation and Characterization.
- Molecular cloning and characterization of Aspergillus nidulans cyclophilin B.
- Molecular cloning and characterization of a novel histone deacetylase HDAC10.
- Molecular cloning and functional expression of a recombinant 72.5 kDa fragment of the 110 kDa regulatory subunit of smooth muscle protein phosphatase 1M.
- Molecular cloning of TRPC3a, an N-terminally extended, store-operated variant of the human C3 transient receptor potential channel.
- Molecular cloning of a novel gene encoding a membrane-associated adaptor protein (LAX) in lymphocyte signaling.
- Molecular cloning of acid alpha-glucosidase cDNA of Japanese quail (Coturnix coturnix japonica) and the lack of its mRNA in acid maltase deficient quails.
- Molecular cloning of rat liver sulfite oxidase. Expression of a eukaryotic Mo-pterin-containing enzyme in Escherichia coli.
- Molecular cloning of the first metazoan beta-1,3 glucanase from eggs of the sea urchin Strongylocentrotus purpuratus.
- Molecular cloning, expression and functional characterization of rabbit anticoagulant vitamin-K-dependent protein S.
- Molecular defects underlying the Kell null phenotype.
- Molecular determinants of selectivity in 5-hydroxytryptamine1B receptor-G protein interactions.
- Molecular determinants underlying the formation of stable intracellular G protein-coupled receptor-beta-arrestin complexes after receptor endocytosis*.
- Molecular evolution of the junctophilin gene family.
- Molecular structure of a protein-tyrosine/threonine kinase activating p42 mitogen-activated protein (MAP) kinase: MAP kinase kinase.
- Mouse Mesenchyme forkhead 2 (Mf2): expression, DNA binding and induction by sonic hedgehog during somitogenesis.
- Multiple Ca(2+)-calmodulin-dependent protein kinase kinases from rat brain. Purification, regulation by Ca(2+)-calmodulin, and partial amino acid sequence.
- Multiplexed GTPase and GEF biosensor imaging enables network connectivity analysis.
- MutLalpha and proliferating cell nuclear antigen share binding sites on MutSbeta.
- Mutation of MYH9, encoding non-muscle myosin heavy chain A, in May-Hegglin anomaly.
- Mutation of TBCE causes hypoparathyroidism-retardation-dysmorphism and autosomal recessive Kenny-Caffey syndrome.
- Mutational analysis of state-dependent contacts in the pore module of eukaryotic sodium channels.
- Mutational analysis of the fractalkine chemokine domain. Basic amino acid residues differentially contribute to CX3CR1 binding, signaling, and cell adhesion.
- Mutations in SLC19A2 cause thiamine-responsive megaloblastic anaemia associated with diabetes mellitus and deafness.
- Mutations in UPF3B, a member of the nonsense-mediated mRNA decay complex, cause syndromic and nonsyndromic mental retardation.
- Mutations in the gene that encodes the F-actin binding protein anillin cause FSGS.
- Mutations near amino end of alpha1(I) collagen cause combined osteogenesis imperfecta/Ehlers-Danlos syndrome by interference with N-propeptide processing.
- Mutations that perturb cyclophilin A ligand binding pocket confer cyclosporin A resistance in Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
- NMR structural characterization of the CDK inhibitor p19INK4d.
- NMR structure of AbhN and comparison with AbrBN: FIRST insights into the DNA binding promiscuity and specificity of AbrB-like transition state regulator proteins.
- Narp and NP1 form heterocomplexes that function in developmental and activity-dependent synaptic plasticity.
- Native nonmuscle myosin II stability and light chain binding in Drosophila melanogaster.
- Negative regulation of LRP6 function by casein kinase I epsilon phosphorylation.
- Neisseria gonorrhoeae FitA interacts with FitB to bind DNA through its ribbon-helix-helix motif.
- Neuronal cell shape and neurite initiation are regulated by the Ndr kinase SAX-1, a member of the Orb6/COT-1/warts serine/threonine kinase family.
- Neutral evolution of the nonbinding region of the anthocyanin regulatory gene Ipmyb1 in Ipomoea.
- New insights into the phylogenetic distribution and evolutionary origins of the septins.
- New member of the trefoil factor family of proteins is an alpha-macroglobulin protease inhibitor.
- Nitric-oxide synthase output state. Design and properties of nitric-oxide synthase oxygenase/FMN domain constructs.
- Novel bacterial P-type ATPases with histidine-rich heavy-metal-associated sequences.
- Novel splicing, missense, and deletion mutations in seven adenosine deaminase-deficient patients with late/delayed onset of combined immunodeficiency disease. Contribution of genotype to phenotype.
- Nuclear export of mammalian PERIOD proteins.
- PMEPA1, an androgen-regulated NEDD4-binding protein, exhibits cell growth inhibitory function and decreased expression during prostate cancer progression.
- PR48, a novel regulatory subunit of protein phosphatase 2A, interacts with Cdc6 and modulates DNA replication in human cells.
- PRM1 and KAR5 function in cell-cell fusion and karyogamy to drive distinct bisexual and unisexual cycles in the Cryptococcus pathogenic species complex.
- PSGR, a novel prostate-specific gene with homology to a G protein-coupled receptor, is overexpressed in prostate cancer.
- Paralogous VDRs in teleosts:transition of nuclear receptor function
- Parkinson's disease-associated mutations in leucine-rich repeat kinase 2 augment kinase activity.
- Patterns of variation within self-incompatibility loci.
- Pcp1p, an Spc110p-related calmodulin target at the centrosome of the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe.
- Peptide specificity determinants at P-7 and P-6 enhance the catalytic efficiency of Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase I in the absence of activation loop phosphorylation.
- Peptidoglycan-Sensing Receptors Trigger the Formation of Functional Amyloids of the Adaptor Protein Imd to Initiate Drosophila NF-κB Signaling.
- Persistence of multiple maternal genotypes of human immunodeficiency virus type I in infants infected by vertical transmission.
- Phenotypic and genotypic characteristics of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 from patients with AIDS in northern Thailand.
- Phospholipid membrane composition affects EGF receptor and Notch signaling through effects on endocytosis during Drosophila development.
- Phosphoproteome analysis in yeast.
- Phosphorylation of PDZ1 domain attenuates NHERF-1 binding to cellular targets.
- Phosphorylation of phosphatase inhibitor-2 at centrosomes during mitosis.
- Phosphorylation of tristetraprolin, a potential zinc finger transcription factor, by mitogen stimulation in intact cells and by mitogen-activated protein kinase in vitro.
- Phylogenetic footprint analysis of IGF2 in extant mammals.
- Phylogenomic analysis of non-ribosomal peptide synthetases in the genus Aspergillus.
- Phylogeny and evolution of aldehyde dehydrogenase-homologous folate enzymes.
- Phytochrome regulation and differential expression of gibberellin 3b-hydroxylase genes in germinating Arabidopsis seeds
- Pleckstrin homology domain-mediated membrane association and activation of the beta-adrenergic receptor kinase requires coordinate interaction with G beta gamma subunits and lipid.
- Podocan, a novel small leucine-rich repeat protein expressed in the sclerotic glomerular lesion of experimental HIV-associated nephropathy.
- Polymorphisms in fibronectin binding protein A of Staphylococcus aureus are associated with infection of cardiovascular devices.
- Porcine CD80: cloning, characterization, and evidence for its role in direct human T-cell activation.
- Positional cloning of a temperature-sensitive mutant emmental reveals a role for sly1 during cell proliferation in zebrafish fin regeneration.
- Positional cloning of zebrafish ferroportin1 identifies a conserved vertebrate iron exporter.
- Post-translational regulation of calsarcin-1 during pressure overload-induced cardiac hypertrophy.
- Poxvirus genomes encode a secreted, soluble protein that preferentially inhibits beta chemokine activity yet lacks sequence homology to known chemokine receptors.
- Poxvirus tumor necrosis factor receptor (TNFR)-like T2 proteins contain a conserved preligand assembly domain that inhibits cellular TNFR1-induced cell death.
- Prion protein paralog doppel protein interacts with alpha-2-macroglobulin: a plausible mechanism for doppel-mediated neurodegeneration.
- Progesterone receptor interacting coregulatory proteins and cross talk with cell signaling pathways.
- Prolonged clinical latency and survival of macaques given a whole inactivated simian immunodeficiency virus vaccine.
- Protection from nitrosative stress: a central role for microbial flavohemoglobin.
- Protein kinase activity and identification of a toxic effector domain of the target of rapamycin TOR proteins in yeast.
- Protein kinases that phosphorylate activated G protein-coupled receptors.
- Proteome analyses using accurate mass and elution time peptide tags with capillary LC time-of-flight mass spectrometry.
- Prothymosin-alpha inhibits HIV-1 via Toll-like receptor 4-mediated type I interferon induction.
- Purification and initial characterization of a putative blue light-regulated phosphodiesterase from Escherichia coli.
- Putative human blue-light photoreceptors hCRY1 and hCRY2 are flavoproteins.
- RAMP like proteins : RTP and REEP family of proteins.
- RGS10 is a selective activator of G alpha i GTPase activity.
- RGSZ1, a Gz-selective regulator of G protein signaling whose action is sensitive to the phosphorylation state of Gzalpha.
- RTK and TGF-beta signaling pathways genes in the sea urchin genome.
- RTP family members induce functional expression of mammalian odorant receptors.
- Radical changes in beta-amyloid form and function.
- Rapamycin antifungal action is mediated via conserved complexes with FKBP12 and TOR kinase homologs in Cryptococcus neoformans.
- Rapid identification of protein phosphatase 1-binding proteins by mixed peptide sequencing and data base searching. Characterization of a novel holoenzymic form of protein phosphatase 1.
- Rare coding variants in PLCG2, ABI3, and TREM2 implicate microglial-mediated innate immunity in Alzheimer's disease.
- Recognition molecules and immunoglobulin domains in invertebrates.
- Regulation and function of the calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase IV/protein serine/threonine phosphatase 2A signaling complex.
- Regulation of HIF-1alpha stability through S-nitrosylation.
- Regulation of V2 vasopressin receptor degradation by agonist-promoted ubiquitination.
- Regulation of biliary secretion through apical purinergic receptors in cultured rat cholangiocytes.
- Regulation of zipper-interacting protein kinase activity in vitro and in vivo by multisite phosphorylation.
- Regulatory elements governing transcription in specialized myofiber subtypes.
- Reinvestigation of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae genome annotation by comparison to the genome of a related fungus: Ashbya gossypii.
- Relationship of the glyoxylate pathway to the pathogenesis of Cryptococcus neoformans.
- Replication factors MCM2 and ORC1 interact with the histone acetyltransferase HBO1.
- Repression of yeast Ste12 transcription factor by direct binding of unphosphorylated Kss1 MAPK and its regulation by the Ste7 MEK.
- Restoration of mismatch repair to nuclear extracts of H6 colorectal tumor cells by a heterodimer of human MutL homologs.
- Retina-specifically expressed novel subtypes of bovine cyclophilin.
- Reversible inhibition of Hsp70 chaperone function by Scythe and Reaper.
- RoBo-1, a novel member of the urokinase plasminogen activator receptor/CD59/Ly-6/snake toxin family selectively expressed in rat bone and growth plate cartilage.
- Role of Cryptococcus neoformans Rho1 GTPases in the PKC1 signaling pathway in response to thermal stress.
- Role of phosphate-magnesium-binding regions in the high GTPase activity of rac1 protein.
- Role of protein O-mannosyltransferase Pmt4 in the morphogenesis and virulence of Cryptococcus neoformans.
- S-allele diversity in a natural population of Physalis crassifolia (Solanaceae) (ground cherry) assessed by RT-PCR.
- SAMP14, a novel, acrosomal membrane-associated, glycosylphosphatidylinositol-anchored member of the Ly-6/urokinase-type plasminogen activator receptor superfamily with a role in sperm-egg interaction.
- SMRTER, a Drosophila nuclear receptor coregulator, reveals that EcR-mediated repression is critical for development.
- SP75 is encoded by the DP87 gene and belongs to a family of modular Dictyostelium discoideum outer layer spore coat proteins.
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae MutLalpha is a mismatch repair endonuclease.
- Scar/WAVE-1, a Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein, assembles an actin-associated multi-kinase scaffold.
- Selective expression of insulin-like growth factor II in the songbird brain.
- Sensitivity of mature Erbb2 to geldanamycin is conferred by its kinase domain and is mediated by the chaperone protein Hsp90.
- Separate domains of the Ran GTPase interact with different factors to regulate nuclear protein import and RNA processing.
- Sequence analysis and insertional inactivation of a gene encoding Moraxella sp. CK-1 cell wall hydrolase.
- Sequence and expression of zebrafish foxc1a and foxc1b, encoding conserved forkhead/winged helix transcription factors.
- Sequence basis of Barnacle Cement Nanostructure is Defined by Proteins with Silk Homology.
- Sequences and phylogenetic analysis of the nef gene from Thai subjects harboring subtype E HIV-1.
- Signal transduction in neuronal migration: roles of GTPase activating proteins and the small GTPase Cdc42 in the Slit-Robo pathway.
- Signaling by the TNF receptor superfamily and T cell homeostasis.
- Simian immunodeficiency virus (SIV) envelope-specific Fabs with high-level homologous neutralizing activity: recovery from a long-term-nonprogressor SIV-infected macaque.
- Site-specific retinoic acid production in the brain of adult songbirds.
- Slip-sliding away: serial changes and homoplasy in repeat number in the Drosophila yakuba homolog of human cancer susceptibility gene BRCA2.
- Solution NMR studies of the plant peptide hormone CEP inform function.
- Solution structure of the Set2-Rpb1 interacting domain of human Set2 and its interaction with the hyperphosphorylated C-terminal domain of Rpb1.
- Sorting nexin homologues are targets of phosphatidylinositol 3-phosphate in sporulation of Schizosaccharomyces pombe.
- Spdeadringer, a sea urchin embryo gene required separately in skeletogenic and oral ectoderm gene regulatory networks.
- Species-specific and inhibitor-dependent conformations of LpxC: implications for antibiotic design.
- Streptokinase and human fibronectin share a common epitope: implications for regulation of fibrinolysis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Structural analyses of Ca²⁺/CaM interaction with NaV channel C-termini reveal mechanisms of calcium-dependent regulation.
- Structural analysis of the purine repressor, an Escherichia coli DNA-binding protein.
- Structural and Functional Analyses Reveal Insights into the Molecular Properties of the Escherichia coli Z Ring Stabilizing Protein, ZapC.
- Structural and transcriptional analyses of a purine nucleotide-binding protein from Pyrococcus furiosus: a component of a novel, membrane-bound multiprotein complex unique to this hyperthermophilic archaeon.
- Structural availability influences the capacity of autoantigenic epitopes to induce a widespread lupus-like autoimmune response.
- Structural basis for ADP-mediated transcriptional regulation by P1 and P7 ParA.
- Structural basis for SH2D1A mutations in X-linked lymphoproliferative disease.
- Structural basis for the root effect in haemoglobin.
- Structural basis of Rev1-mediated assembly of a quaternary vertebrate translesion polymerase complex consisting of Rev1, heterodimeric polymerase (Pol) ζ, and Pol κ.
- Structural conservation of ion conduction pathways in K channels and glutamate receptors.
- Structural determinants of autoproteolysis of the Haemophilus influenzae Hap autotransporter.
- Structural insights into alternative splicing-mediated desensitization of jasmonate signaling.
- Structural organization of the human insulin receptor ectodomain.
- Structural requirements regulate endoproteolytic release of the L-selectin (CD62L) adhesion receptor from the cell surface of leukocytes.
- Structural studies and protein engineering of inositol phosphate multikinase.
- Structure and functional properties of the Bacillus subtilis transcriptional repressor Rex.
- Structure and hydride transfer mechanism of a moderate thermophilic dihydrofolate reductase from Bacillus stearothermophilus and comparison to its mesophilic and hyperthermophilic homologues.
- Structure determination of human and murine beta-defensins reveals structural conservation in the absence of significant sequence similarity.
- Structure of FitAB from Neisseria gonorrhoeae bound to DNA reveals a tetramer of toxin-antitoxin heterodimers containing pin domains and ribbon-helix-helix motifs.
- Structure of a trimeric bacterial microcompartment shell protein, EtuB, associated with ethanol utilization in Clostridium kluyveri.
- Structure of the LpxC deacetylase with a bound substrate-analog inhibitor.
- Structure of the N-terminal domain of GRP94. Basis for ligand specificity and regulation.
- Structure of the manganese-bound manganese transport regulator of Bacillus subtilis.
- Structure of the water channel AqpZ from Escherichia coli revealed by electron crystallography.
- Structure-based classification of 45 FK506-binding proteins.
- Structure-guided reprogramming of serine recombinase DNA sequence specificity.
- Structures of the pleiotropic translational regulator Hfq and an Hfq-RNA complex: a bacterial Sm-like protein.
- Sucrose Nonfermenting 1-Related Protein Kinase 1 Phosphorylates a Geminivirus Rep Protein to Impair Viral Replication and Infection.
- Syndecans, cell surface heparan sulfate proteoglycans, are induced by a proline-rich antimicrobial peptide from wounds.
- TBX5-encoded T-box transcription factor 5 variant T223M is associated with long QT syndrome and pediatric sudden cardiac death.
- TEL1, a gene involved in controlling telomere length in S. cerevisiae, is homologous to the human ataxia telangiectasia gene.
- Targeting the cyclophilin domain of Ran-binding protein 2 (Ranbp2) with novel small molecules to control the proteostasis of STAT3, hnRNPA2B1 and M-opsin.
- Temperature-induced opening of TRPV1 ion channel is stabilized by the pore domain.
- The 2.0 A crystal structure of a heterotrimeric G protein.
- The 6.9-A structure of GlpF: a basis for homology modeling of the glycerol channel from Escherichia coli.
- The 70-kDa heat shock cognate protein (Hsc73) gene is enhanced by ovarian hormones in the ventromedial hypothalamus.
- The Arabidopsis GA1 locus encodes the cyclase ent-kaurene synthetase A of gibberellin biosynthesis.
- The Arabidopsis NPR1 gene that controls systemic acquired resistance encodes a novel protein containing ankyrin repeats.
- The Arabidopsis PLEIOTROPIC DRUG RESISTANCE8/ABCG36 ATP binding cassette transporter modulates sensitivity to the auxin precursor indole-3-butyric acid.
- The Arabidopsis SLEEPY1 gene encodes a putative F-box subunit of an SCF E3 ubiquitin ligase.
- The C-terminal domain of the adenine-DNA glycosylase MutY confers specificity for 8-oxoguanine.adenine mispairs and may have evolved from MutT, an 8-oxo-dGTPase.
- The COBRA family of putative GPI-anchored proteins in Arabidopsis. A new fellowship in expansion.
- The CXC chemokine cCAF stimulates precocious deposition of ECM molecules by wound fibroblasts, accelerating development of granulation tissue.
- The Drosophila Tis11 protein and its effects on mRNA expression in flies.
- The Drosophila afadin homologue Canoe regulates linkage of the actin cytoskeleton to adherens junctions during apical constriction.
- The Drosophila segment polarity gene dishevelled encodes a novel protein required for response to the wingless signal.
- The GA2 locus of Arabidopsis thaliana encodes ent-kaurene synthase of gibberellin biosynthesis.
- The GRAS gene family in Arabidopsis: sequence characterization and basic expression analysis of the SCARECROW-LIKE genes.
- The GroES antigens of Mycobacterium avium and Mycobacterium paratuberculosis.
- The Haemophilus influenzae Hia autotransporter contains an unusually short trimeric translocator domain.
- The Haemophilus influenzae hFbpABC Fe3+ transporter: analysis of the membrane permease and development of a gallium-based screen for mutants.
- The HrpZ proteins of Pseudomonas syringae pvs. syringae, glycinea, and tomato are encoded by an operon containing Yersinia ysc homologs and elicit the hypersensitive response in tomato but not soybean.
- The ICP0 protein of equine herpesvirus 1 is an early protein that independently transactivates expression of all classes of viral promoters.
- The LS locus of pea encodes the gibberellin biosynthesis enzyme ent-kaurene synthase A.
- The Lipid A 1-Phosphatase, LpxE, Functionally Connects Multiple Layers of Bacterial Envelope Biogenesis.
- The Pseudomonas syringae pv. syringae 61 hrpH product, an envelope protein required for elicitation of the hypersensitive response in plants.
- The Pseudomonas syringae pv. tomato HrpW protein has domains similar to harpins and pectate lyases and can elicit the plant hypersensitive response and bind to pectate.
- The RNA polymerase II CTD kinase CTDK-I affects pre-mRNA 3' cleavage/polyadenylation through the processing component Pti1p.
- The RosR transcription factor is required for gene expression dynamics in response to extreme oxidative stress in a hypersaline-adapted archaeon.
- The STE12alpha homolog is required for haploid filamentation but largely dispensable for mating and virulence in Cryptococcus neoformans.
- The T4 phage SF1B helicase Dda is structurally optimized to perform DNA strand separation.
- The U1 small nuclear ribonucleoprotein (snRNP) 70K protein is transported independently of U1 snRNP particles via a nuclear localization signal in the RNA-binding domain.
- The ammonium transporter RhBG: requirement of a tyrosine-based signal and ankyrin-G for basolateral targeting and membrane anchorage in polarized kidney epithelial cells.
- The ankyrin-B C-terminal domain determines activity of ankyrin-B/G chimeras in rescue of abnormal inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate and ryanodine receptor distribution in ankyrin-B (-/-) neonatal cardiomyocytes.
- The basic helix-loop-helix domain of the aryl hydrocarbon receptor nuclear transporter (ARNT) can oligomerize and bind E-box DNA specifically.
- The beta sliding clamp binds to multiple sites within MutL and MutS.
- The betagamma subunit of heterotrimeric G proteins interacts with RACK1 and two other WD repeat proteins.
- The calmodulin-dependent protein phosphatase catalytic subunit (calcineurin A) is an essential gene in Aspergillus nidulans.
- The cloning of GRK7, a candidate cone opsin kinase, from cone- and rod-dominant mammalian retinas.
- The cloning of a receptor-type protein tyrosine phosphatase expressed in the central nervous system.
- The crystal structure of the Escherichia coli MobA protein provides insight into molybdopterin guanine dinucleotide biosynthesis.
- The crystal structure of the RsbN-σBldN complex from Streptomyces venezuelae defines a new structural class of anti-σ factor.
- The cyclophilin-like domain mediates the association of Ran-binding protein 2 with subunits of the 19 S regulatory complex of the proteasome.
- The discovery of the prokaryotic cytoskeleton: 25th anniversary.
- The disulfide bonding pattern in ficolin multimers.
- The gene encoding alsin, a protein with three guanine-nucleotide exchange factor domains, is mutated in a form of recessive amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
- The gene encoding proline dehydrogenase modulates sensorimotor gating in mice.
- The genetic structure and diversity of the A and B mating-type genes from the tropical oyster mushroom, Pleurotus djamor.
- The genomic underpinnings of apoptosis in Strongylocentrotus purpuratus.
- The higher affinity of human type 1 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (3beta-HSD1) for substrate and inhibitor steroids relative to human 3beta-HSD2 is validated in MCF-7 tumor cells and related to subunit interactions.
- The human ACC2 CT-domain C-terminus is required for full functionality and has a novel twist.
- The identification of a second actin-binding region in spinophilin/neurabin II.
- The importance of three membrane-distal tyrosines in the adaptor protein NTAL/LAB.
- The influence of variable-region somatic mutations on the specificity and pathogenicity of murine monoclonal anti-DNA antibodies.
- The integrity of a cholesterol-binding pocket in Niemann-Pick C2 protein is necessary to control lysosome cholesterol levels.
- The interaction of beta-arrestin with the AP-2 adaptor is required for the clustering of beta 2-adrenergic receptor into clathrin-coated pits.
- The intrinsic factor-vitamin B12 receptor and target of teratogenic antibodies is a megalin-binding peripheral membrane protein with homology to developmental proteins.
- The kelch proteins Gpb1 and Gpb2 inhibit Ras activity via association with the yeast RasGAP neurofibromin homologs Ira1 and Ira2.
- The large subunit of the mammalian mitochondrial ribosome. Analysis of the complement of ribosomal proteins present.
- The mammalian Rad24 homologous to yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae Rad24 and Schizosaccharomyces pombe Rad17 is involved in DNA damage checkpoint.
- The many substrates and functions of ATM.
- The mouse C-type transient receptor potential 2 (TRPC2) channel: alternative splicing and calmodulin binding to its N terminus.
- The mouse Cd83 gene: structure, domain organization, and chromosome localization.
- The nicotinic acetylcholine receptor gene family of the silkworm, Bombyx mori.
- The nuclear hormone receptor coactivator SRC-1 is a specific target of p300.
- The origin and evolution of animal appendages.
- The p35 relative, p49, inhibits mammalian and Drosophila caspases including DRONC and protects against apoptosis.
- The retinitis pigmentosa GTPase regulator (RPGR) interacts with novel transport-like proteins in the outer segments of rod photoreceptors.
- The role of the specificity-determining loop of the integrin beta subunit I-like domain in autonomous expression, association with the alpha subunit, and ligand binding.
- The roles of steroidogenic factor-1 in reproductive function.
- The small subunit of the mammalian mitochondrial ribosome. Identification of the full complement of ribosomal proteins present.
- The splicing factor, Prp40, binds the phosphorylated carboxyl-terminal domain of RNA polymerase II.
- The structure of a CREB bZIP.somatostatin CRE complex reveals the basis for selective dimerization and divalent cation-enhanced DNA binding.
- The ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme (E2) Ube2w ubiquitinates the N terminus of substrates.
- The ubiquitous subunit of erythroid transcription factor NF-E2 is a small basic-leucine zipper protein related to the v-maf oncogene.
- The unusual UBZ domain of Saccharomyces cerevisiae polymerase η.
- The vesicular glutamate transporter 1 (xVGlut1) is expressed in discrete regions of the developing Xenopus laevis nervous system.
- The voltage-dependent anion channel is a receptor for plasminogen kringle 5 on human endothelial cells.
- Tissue-specific expression of Ran isoforms in the mouse.
- Topoisomerase I is essential in Cryptococcus neoformans: role In pathobiology and as an antifungal target.
- Topology of an amiloride-binding protein.
- Transcription factor Nrg1 mediates capsule formation, stress response, and pathogenesis in Cryptococcus neoformans.
- Transgenic expression of pancreatic secretory trypsin inhibitor-1 rescues SPINK3-deficient mice and restores a normal pancreatic phenotype.
- Two DNA polymerases: HIV reverse transcriptase and the Klenow fragment of Escherichia coli DNA polymerase I.
- Two Rac paralogs regulate polarized growth in the human fungal pathogen Cryptococcus neoformans.
- Two amino acid residues determine 2-APB sensitivity of the ion channels TRPV3 and TRPV4.
- Two conserved domains in regulatory B subunits mediate binding to the A subunit of protein phosphatase 2A.
- Two cyclophilin A homologs with shared and distinct functions important for growth and virulence of Cryptococcus neoformans.
- Two transcription factors are necessary for iron homeostasis in a salt-dwelling archaeon.
- Tyrosine phosphorylation at a site highly conserved in the L1 family of cell adhesion molecules abolishes ankyrin binding and increases lateral mobility of neurofascin.
- Unique functional and structural properties of the LRRK2 protein ATP-binding pocket.
- Unusual Rel-like architecture in the DNA-binding domain of the transcription factor NFATc.
- VIAF, a conserved inhibitor of apoptosis (IAP)-interacting factor that modulates caspase activation.
- Vaccination with Venezuelan equine encephalitis replicons encoding cowpox virus structural proteins protects mice from intranasal cowpox virus challenge.
- Viral genetic evolution in macaques infected with molecularly cloned simian immunodeficiency virus correlates with the extent of persistent viremia.
- X-ray crystal structure of the yeast Kar3 motor domain complexed with Mg.ADP to 2.3 A resolution.
- XMAP215 is a long thin molecule that does not increase microtubule stiffness.
- YbiV from Escherichia coli K12 is a HAD phosphatase.
- ZEITLUPE encodes a novel clock-associated PAS protein from Arabidopsis
- Zeta-crystallin versus other members of the alcohol dehydrogenase super-family. Variability as a functional characteristic.
- Zinc finger binding motifs do not explain recombination rate variation within or between species of Drosophila.
- alphaSU2, an epithelial integrin that binds laminin in the sea urchin embryo.
- beta-arrestin-dependent, G protein-independent ERK1/2 activation by the beta2 adrenergic receptor.
- cDNA cloning and expression of rat and human protein geranylgeranyltransferase type-I.
- ePAD, an oocyte and early embryo-abundant peptidylarginine deiminase-like protein that localizes to egg cytoplasmic sheets.
- hMad4, c-Myc endogenous inhibitor, induces a replicative senescence-like state when overexpressed in human fibroblasts.
- iPABP, an inducible poly(A)-binding protein detected in activated human T cells.
- ifet-1 is a broad-scale translational repressor required for normal P granule formation in C. elegans.
- mirror encodes a novel PBX-class homeoprotein that functions in the definition of the dorsal-ventral border in the Drosophila eye.
- p38-MAPK induced dephosphorylation of alpha-tropomyosin is associated with depression of myocardial sarcomeric tension and ATPase activity.
- p63, a p53 homolog at 3q27-29, encodes multiple products with transactivating, death-inducing, and dominant-negative activities.
Keywords of People
- Bejsovec, Amy, Associate Professor of Biology, Biology
- Bennett, Vann, George Barth Geller Distinguished Professor of Molecular Biology, Duke Cancer Institute
- Erickson, Harold Paul, James B. Duke Distinguished Professor Emeritus, Cell Biology
- Ferreira, Paulo Alexandre, Associate Professor in Ophthalmology, Pathology
- Hirschey, Matthew, Associate Professor of Medicine, Cell Biology
- Hogan, Brigid L. M., Research Professor of Cell Biology, Cell Biology
- Shinohara, Mari L., Professor of Integrative Immunobiology, Cell Biology
- Soderling, Scott Haydn, George Barth Geller Distinguished Professor of Molecular Biology, Cell Biology
- Sparks, Matthew A., Associate Professor of Medicine, Medicine, Nephrology
- Tsalik, Ephraim, Adjunct Associate Professor in the Department of Medicine, Medicine, Infectious Diseases
- Weinhold, Kent James, Joseph W. and Dorothy W. Beard Distinguished Professor of Experimental Surgery, Integrative Immunobiology