Subject Areas on Research
- A proposal for incorporating health level seven (HL7) vocabulary in the UMLS Metathesaurus.
- Annotating the human genome with Disease Ontology.
- Consumer health concepts that do not map to the UMLS: where do they fit?
- Coverage of rare disease names in standard terminologies and implications for patients, providers, and research.
- Design, implementation, use, and preliminary evaluation of an UMLS-enabled terminology Web service for clinical decision support.
- Heterogeneous but "standard" coding systems for adverse events: Issues in achieving interoperability between apples and oranges.
- Making texts in electronic health records comprehensible to consumers: a prototype translator.
- Mining biomedical data using MetaMap Transfer (MMtx) and the Unified Medical Language System (UMLS).