Subject Areas on Research
- A proposal for incorporating health level seven (HL7) vocabulary in the UMLS Metathesaurus.
- Annotating the human genome with Disease Ontology.
- Design, implementation, use, and preliminary evaluation of an UMLS-enabled terminology Web service for clinical decision support.
- Evaluation of a chief complaint pre-processor for biosurveillance.
- Evaluation of emergency medical text processor, a system for cleaning chief complaint text data.
- Mining biomedical data using MetaMap Transfer (MMtx) and the Unified Medical Language System (UMLS).
- Using nurses' natural language entries to build a concept-oriented terminology for patients' chief complaints in the emergency department.