Ventral Tegmental Area
Subject Areas on Research
- A common neural circuit mechanism for internally guided and externally reinforced forms of motor learning.
- Acute and chronic nicotinic interactions with dopamine systems and working memory performance.
- Anatomically dissociable effects of dopamine D1 receptor agonists on reward and relief of withdrawal in morphine-dependent rats.
- Androgen decreases dopamine neurone survival in rat midbrain.
- Brain-wide electrical dynamics encode individual appetitive social behavior.
- Classical conditioning drives learned reward prediction signals in climbing fibers across the lateral cerebellum.
- Cocaine increases dopamine release by mobilization of a synapsin-dependent reserve pool.
- Cognitive Neurostimulation: Learning to Volitionally Sustain Ventral Tegmental Area Activation.
- Coordination of Brain-Wide Activity Dynamics by Dopaminergic Neurons.
- Daytime spikes in dopaminergic activity drive rapid mood-cycling in mice.
- Discrete Evaluative and Premotor Circuits Enable Vocal Learning in Songbirds.
- Divergent projections from locus coeruleus to the corticobasal ganglia system and ventral tegmental area of the adult male zebra finch.
- Dorsolateral prefrontal cortex drives mesolimbic dopaminergic regions to initiate motivated behavior.
- Hormonal gain control of a medial preoptic area social reward circuit.
- Mesolimbic exendin-4 attenuates reward salience evoked by neuropeptide Y and ghrelin.
- Neurotensin receptor 1-biased ligand attenuates neurotensin-mediated excitation of ventral tegmental area dopamine neurons and dopamine release in the nucleus accumbens.
- Oestrogen receptors enhance dopamine neurone survival in rat midbrain.
- Precise Coordination of Three-Dimensional Rotational Kinematics by Ventral Tegmental Area GABAergic Neurons.
- ProSAAS-derived peptides are regulated by cocaine and are required for sensitization to the locomotor effects of cocaine.
- Projections from the ventral cochlear nucleus to the inferior colliculus and the contralateral cochlear nucleus in guinea pigs.
- Protocol for Recording from Ventral Tegmental Area Dopamine Neurons in Mice while Measuring Force during Head-Fixation.
- Resting state networks distinguish human ventral tegmental area from substantia nigra.
- Reward-guided learning beyond dopamine in the nucleus accumbens: the integrative functions of cortico-basal ganglia networks.
- Transient neuronal inhibition reveals opposing roles of indirect and direct pathways in sensitization.
- Ventral Tegmental Dopamine Neurons Control the Impulse Vector during Motivated Behavior.
- Working memory performance and cholinergic effects in the ventral tegmental area and substantia nigra.