Subject Areas on Research
- "Death and taxes": a contrary view.
- A 10-year follow-up of urinary and fecal incontinence among the oldest old in the community: the Canadian Study of Health and Aging.
- A Bayesian uncertainty analysis of cetacean demography and bycatch mortality using age-at-death data
- A Public Health Perspective on School Dropout and Adult Outcomes: A Prospective Study of Risk and Protective Factors From Age 5 to 27 Years.
- A Quantitative Analysis of Growth and Size Regulation in Manduca sexta: The Physiological Basis of Variation in Size and Age at Metamorphosis.
- A cancer incidence survey in Tianjin: the third largest city in China-between 1981 and 2000.
- A case-control study of community-associated Clostridium difficile infection: no role for proton pump inhibitors.
- A claims database analysis of persistence with alendronate therapy and fracture risk in post-menopausal women with osteoporosis.
- A comparison of cancer survivors from the PROMIS study selecting telephone versus online questionnaires.
- A comparison of two visual inspection methods for cervical cancer screening among HIV-infected women in Kenya.
- A longitudinal study of gender differences in depressive symptoms from age 50 to 80.
- A longitudinal study of the effects of tobacco smoking and other modifiable risk factors on ill health in middle-aged and old Americans: results from the Health and Retirement Study and Asset and Health Dynamics among the Oldest Old survey.
- A matched-cohort study of pediatric head injuries: collecting data to inform an evidence-based triage assessment.
- A multi-dimensional model for projecting family households--with an illustrative numerical application.
- A new method for correcting under-estimation of disabled life expectancy and an application to the Chinese oldest-old.
- A pooled case-control study of the apolipoprotein E (APOE) gene in age-related maculopathy.
- A promoter polymorphism (-77T>C) of DNA repair gene XRCC1 is associated with risk of lung cancer in relation to tobacco smoking.
- A prospective evaluation of the incidence of complications associated with Mohs micrographic surgery.
- A qualitative review of issues arising in the use of psycho-stimulant medications in patients with ADHD and co-morbid substance use disorders.
- A questionnaire-based assessment of symptoms associated with tear film dysfunction and lid margin disease in an Asian population.
- A review of cardiovascular risk factors in US military personnel.
- A statistical comparison of pad numbers versus pad weights in the quantification of urinary incontinence.
- AIDS-related Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia in older patients.
- APC I1307K and the risk of prostate cancer.
- APOE-epsilon4 count predicts age when prevalence of AD increases, then declines: the Cache County Study.
- Absence of a correlation of androgen receptor gene CAG repeat length and prostate cancer risk in an African-American population.
- Acculturation, depression, self-esteem, and substance abuse among Hispanic men.
- Accumulation of health disorders as a systemic measure of aging: Findings from the NLTCS data.
- Acral Lentiginous Melanoma: A United States Multi-Center Substage Survival Analysis.
- Acute abdominal symptoms and signs in children and young adults with spina bifida: ten years' experience.
- Adolescent outcomes of childhood disorders: the consequences of severity and impairment.
- Adolescents' cognitive capacity reaches adult levels prior to their psychosocial maturity: Evidence for a "maturity gap" in a multinational, cross-sectional sample.
- Age accounts for racial differences in ischemic stroke volume in a population-based study.
- Age and sex differences in the association between access to medical care and health outcomes among older Chinese.
- Age patterns of incidence of geriatric disease in the U.S. elderly population: Medicare-based analysis.
- Age-related characteristics of depression: a preliminary STAR*D report.
- Age-related differences in biomarkers of acute inflammation during hospitalization for sepsis.
- Age-related susceptibility to severe malaria associated with galectin-2 in highland Papuans.
- Age-specific association between blood pressure and vascular and non-vascular chronic diseases in 0·5 million adults in China: a prospective cohort study.
- Age-specific distribution of serum prostate-specific antigen in a community-based study of African-American men.
- Aging affects the association between endothelial nitric oxide synthase gene polymorphism and acute myocardial infarction in the Korean male population.
- Aging and infectious diseases: workshop on HIV infection and aging: what is known and future research directions.
- Albuminuria in chronic heart failure: prevalence and prognostic importance.
- Alcohol dehydrogenase 3 genotype is not associated with risk of squamous cell carcinoma of the oral cavity and pharynx.
- Alcohol drinking patterns by gender, ethnicity, and social class in Bahia, Brazil.
- Alcohol expectancies and drinking behaviors among college students with disordered eating.
- Alcohol use and burden for 195 countries and territories, 1990-2016: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2016.
- Allelic association of sequence variants in the herpes virus entry mediator-B gene (PVRL2) with the severity of multiple sclerosis.
- An exploratory model of the relationships between cancer-related trauma outcomes on quality of life in non-Hodgkin lymphoma survivors.
- An outbreak of Rift Valley fever in Northeastern Kenya, 1997-98.
- Analysis of semen parameters in male referrals: impact of reference limits, stratification by fertility categories, predictors of change, and comparison of normal semen parameters in subfertile couples.
- Anastomotic leaks after laparoscopic gastric bypass.
- Anemia and its impact on function in nursing home residents: what do we know?
- Antidepressant medication use [corrected] and risk of ovarian cancer.
- Antidiabetic therapies affect risk of pancreatic cancer.
- Apolipoprotein E genotype and mortality: findings from the Cache County Study.
- Arthritis among veterans - United States, 2011-2013.
- Assessing the causal effect of organ transplantation on the distribution of residual lifetime.
- Assessment of the Accuracy of Using ICD-9 Codes to Identify Uveitis, Herpes Zoster Ophthalmicus, Scleritis, and Episcleritis.
- Association Between Diabetes and Cause-Specific Mortality in Rural and Urban Areas of China.
- Association between body mass index and chronic kidney disease in men and women: population-based study of Malay adults in Singapore.
- Association between frequency of atrial and ventricular ectopic beats and biventricular pacing percentage and outcomes in patients with cardiac resynchronization therapy.
- Association between trauma exposure and smoking in a population-based sample of young adults.
- Association of C-reactive protein and metabolic syndrome in a rural Chinese population.
- Association of Smoking Status With Long-Term Mortality and Health Status After Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement: Insights From the Society of Thoracic Surgeons/American College of Cardiology Transcatheter Valve Therapy Registry.
- Association of fibrinogen and coagulation factors VII and VIII with cardiovascular risk factors in the elderly: the Cardiovascular Health Study. Cardiovascular Health Study Investigators.
- Association of interleukin-6 and other biologic variables with depression in older people living in the community.
- Association of narrow angles with anterior chamber area and volume measured with anterior-segment optical coherence tomography.
- Association of postdischarge complications with reoperation and mortality in general surgery.
- Associations between HLA class I alleles and the prevalence of nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC) among Tunisians.
- Attitudes toward physician-assisted suicide among physicians in Vermont.
- Baseline metabolomic profiles predict cardiovascular events in patients at risk for coronary artery disease.
- Beliefs in karma and reincarnation among survivors of violent trauma--a community survey.
- Benefits and safety of candesartan treatment in heart failure are independent of age: insights from the Candesartan in Heart failure--Assessment of Reduction in Mortality and morbidity programme.
- Big two personality and big three mate preferences: similarity attracts, but country-level mate preferences crucially matter.
- Bimodal age distribution at diagnosis in breast cancer persists across molecular and genomic classifications.
- Birth cohort effects among US-born adults born in the 1980s: foreshadowing future trends in US obesity prevalence.
- Birth cohort effects on abdominal obesity in the United States: the Silent Generation, Baby Boomers and Generation X.
- Bladder diary measurements in asymptomatic females: functional bladder capacity, frequency, and 24-hr volume.
- Blindness and visual impairment in an urban West African population: the Tema Eye Survey.
- Blood Lead, Bone Turnover, and Survival in Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis.
- Blood and body fluid exposure risks among health care workers: results from the Duke Health and Safety Surveillance System.
- Body mass index has a linear relationship with cerebrospinal fluid pressure.
- Body mass trajectories through midlife among adults with class I obesity.
- Bony erosion patterns in patients with allergic fungal sinusitis.
- Breast and ovarian cancer risk and risk reduction in Jewish BRCA1/2 mutation carriers.
- Breast cancer and aging: results of the U13 conference breast cancer panel.
- Burn prevention.
- COVID-19 mortality risk for older men and women.
- Canadian study of health and aging: study methods and prevalence of dementia.
- Cancer in adolescents and young adults: treatment and outcome in Victoria.
- Cancer in the elderly. Epidemiologic and clinical implications.
- Cancer screening behaviors and attitudes of women in southeastern Minnesota.
- Cardiovascular disease mortality in Asian Americans.
- Cardiovascular risk factors and retinal microvascular signs in an adult Japanese population: the Funagata Study.
- Causative factors affecting peripheral neuropathy in burn patients.
- Causes of death in the Kasekela chimpanzees of Gombe National Park, Tanzania.
- Central corneal thickness in the Ocular Hypertension Treatment Study (OHTS).
- Change in chronic disability from 1982 to 2004/2005 as measured by long-term changes in function and health in the U.S. elderly population.
- Changes in morbidity and chronic disability in the U.S. elderly population: evidence from the 1982, 1984, and 1989 National Long Term Care Surveys.
- Changes in the age dependence of mortality and disability: cohort and other determinants.
- Changing trends in the proportions of small (≤ 2 cm) proximal and non-proximal gastric carcinomas treated at a high-volume tertiary medical center in China.
- Characteristics and Outcomes of Atrial Fibrillation in Patients With Thyroid Disease (from the ARISTOTLE Trial).
- Characteristics and Risk Factors of Cancer Associated Venous Thromboembolism.
- Characteristics of abdominal vein thrombosis in children and adults.
- Children in the United States make close to 200,000 emergency department visits due to poisoning each year.
- Choice of exposure scores for categorical regression in meta-analysis: a case study of a common problem.
- Cholesterol curves to identify population norms by age and sex in healthy weight children.
- Choroidal Nevi in the Singapore Epidemiology of Eye Disease Study.
- Chronic pruritus in HIV-positive patients in the southeastern United States: its prevalence and effect on quality of life.
- Chronological development of elevated aminotransferases in a nonalcoholic population.
- Cigarette smoking, glutathione-s-transferase M1 and t1 genetic polymorphisms, and breast cancer risk (United States).
- Cigarette, cigar, and pipe smoking and the risk of head and neck cancers: pooled analysis in the International Head and Neck Cancer Epidemiology Consortium.
- Clinical and biochemical presentation of gouty diathesis: comparison of uric acid versus pure calcium stone formation.
- Clinical and dermoscopic features of 88 scalp naevi in 39 children.
- Clinical and sociodemographic factors in a sample of older subjects experiencing depressive symptoms.
- Clinical characteristics of scleritis and episcleritis: results from the pacific ocular inflammation study.
- Clinical correlates and course of thrombocytopenia during percutaneous coronary intervention in the era of abciximab platelet glycoprotein IIb/IIIa blockade.
- Clinical outcomes in patients with atrial fibrillation according to sex during anticoagulation with apixaban or warfarin: a secondary analysis of a randomized controlled trial.
- Clinical predictors of bloodstream infections and mortality in hospitalized Malawian children.
- Clinical, demographic and social characteristics of psychotic depression.
- Coagulation abnormalities in patients with hip osteonecrosis.
- Cognitive-behavioral screening reveals prevalent impairment in a large multicenter ALS cohort.
- Cohort changes in active life expectancy in the U.S. elderly population: experience from the 1982-2004 National Long-Term Care Survey.
- Cohort differences and chronic disease profiles of differential disability trajectories.
- Common and Costly Hospitalizations Among Insured Young Adults Since the Affordable Care Act.
- Common occurrence of monoclonal B-cell lymphocytosis among members of high-risk CLL families.
- Comparing Presenting Clinical Features in 48 Children With Microscopic Polyangiitis to 183 Children Who Have Granulomatosis With Polyangiitis (Wegener's): An ARChiVe Cohort Study.
- Comparing Quality of Life in Cervical Spondylotic Myelopathy with Other Chronic Debilitating Diseases Using the Short Form Survey 36-Health Survey.
- Comparison of Delay Times from Symptom Onset to Medical Contact in Blacks Versus Whites With Acute Myocardial Infarction.
- Comparison of Frequency of Frailty and Severely Impaired Physical Function in Patients ≥60 Years Hospitalized With Acute Decompensated Heart Failure Versus Chronic Stable Heart Failure With Reduced and Preserved Left Ventricular Ejection Fraction.
- Competing Risks of Cardiovascular Versus Noncardiovascular Death During Long-Term Follow-Up After Acute Coronary Syndromes.
- Complications and outcomes after spinal cord tumor resection in the United States from 1993 to 2002.
- Contact Allergy in Canada Versus United States: Analysis of the North American Contact Dermatitis Group Data 2005-2016.
- Contact dermatitis associated with preservatives: Retrospective analysis of North American Contact Dermatitis Group data, 1994 through 2016.
- Coronary artery bypass graft failure after on-pump and off-pump coronary artery bypass: findings from PREVENT IV.
- Correlation between pericardial, mediastinal, and intrathoracic fat volumes with the presence and severity of coronary artery disease, metabolic syndrome, and cardiac risk factors.
- Costs by industry and diagnosis among musculoskeletal claims in a state workers compensation system: 1999-2004.
- Death in patients with permanent pacemakers for sick sinus syndrome.
- Decreasing age at prostate cancer diagnosis over successive generations in prostate cancer families.
- Demographic and disease characteristics associated with non-hodgkin lymphoma survivors' quality of life: does age matter?
- Demographic consequences of migration trends in Puerto Rico: 1950-1980.
- Demographic, clinical and occupational characteristics associated with early onset of delivery: findings from the Duke Health and Safety Surveillance System, 2001-2004.
- Demographic-related variations in posterior segment ocular sarcoidosis.
- Depression and generalized anxiety disorder: cumulative and sequential comorbidity in a birth cohort followed prospectively to age 32 years.
- Depression and major outcomes in older patients with heart failure.
- Depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, and dry eye syndrome: a study utilizing the national United States Veterans Affairs administrative database.
- Descriptive Epidemiology of Spinal Meningiomas in the United States.
- Diagnostic accuracy of serum antibodies to human papillomavirus type 16 early antigens in the detection of human papillomavirus-related oropharyngeal cancer.
- Diet- and blood pressure-related knowledge, attitudes, and hypertension prevalence among African Americans: the KDBP Study. Knowledge of Diet and Blood Pressure.
- Differences in Phenotypes and Liver Transplantation Outcomes by Age Group in Patients with Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis.
- Differences in history of sexual behavior between patients with oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma and patients with squamous cell carcinoma at other head and neck sites.
- Differences in one-year health outcomes and resource utilization by definition of prolonged mechanical ventilation: a prospective cohort study.
- Diffuse unilateral subacute neuroretinitis in Venezuela.
- Direct Participation in and Indirect Exposure to the Occupy Central Movement and Depressive Symptoms: A Longitudinal Study of Hong Kong Adults.
- Direct and indirect effects of childhood conditions on survival and health among male and female elderly in China.
- Disability in geriatric depression.
- Diseases, Injuries, and Risk Factors in Child and Adolescent Health, 1990 to 2017: Findings From the Global Burden of Diseases, Injuries, and Risk Factors 2017 Study.
- Disparities in viral load and CD4 count trends among HIV-infected adults in South Carolina.
- Disproportionately high risk of left ventricular hypertrophy in Indo-Asian women: a call for more studies.
- Distribution and determinants of ocular biometric parameters in an Asian population: the Singapore Malay eye study.
- Distribution and predictors of carotid intima-media thickness in young adults.
- Distribution of refractive error in healthy infants.
- Diving-related injuries in children <20 years old treated in emergency departments in the United States: 1990-2006.
- Do older women use estrogen replacement? Data from the Duke Established Populations for Epidemiologic Studies of the Elderly (EPESE).
- Do social inequalities in health widen or converge with age? Longitudinal evidence from three cohorts in the West of Scotland.
- Does surgical approach in total hip arthroplasty affect rehabilitation, discharge disposition, and readmission rate?
- Ductal carcinoma in situ in BRCA mutation carriers.
- ERCP-related perforations: risk factors and management.
- Easiness of Legal Access to Concealed Firearm Permits and Homicide Rates in the United States.
- Education, socio-economic status and age-related macular degeneration in Asians: the Singapore Malay Eye Study.
- Educational attainment is associated with atrial fibrillation symptom severity.
- Effect of Age and Renal Function on Survival After Left Ventricular Assist Device Implantation.
- Effect of Genetic African Ancestry on eGFR and Kidney Disease.
- Effect of a fall in malaria transmission on morbidity and mortality in Kilifi, Kenya.
- Effect of age at onset on the course of major depressive disorder.
- Effect of apolipoprotein E genotype on in-hospital mortality following intracerebral haemorrhage.
- Effect of smoking and sedentary behavior on the association between depressive symptoms and mortality from coronary heart disease.
- Eight-Year Incidence of Open-Angle Glaucoma in the Tema Eye Survey.
- Emergence of endocarditis due to group D streptococci: findings derived from the merged database of the International Collaboration on Endocarditis.
- Emergency department visits attributable to asthma in North Carolina, 2008.
- Enrollment and events of hospice patients with heart failure vs. cancer.
- Eosinophilic esophagitis.
- Epidemiologic and molecular prognostic review of glioblastoma.
- Epidemiologic support for melanoma heterogeneity using the Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results Program.
- Epidemiology and Characteristics of Neurosurgical Conditions at Mbarara Regional Referral Hospital.
- Epidemiology and impact on quality of life of postherpetic neuralgia and painful diabetic neuropathy.
- Epidemiology and outcomes of in-hospital cardiopulmonary resuscitation in the United States, 2000-2009.
- Epidemiology and risk factors for heart failure in the elderly.
- Epidemiology of Staphylococcus aureus infections in patients admitted to freestanding pediatric hospitals, 2009-2016.
- Epidemiology of psychiatric disability in childhood and adolescence.
- Epidemiology of radical prostatectomy for localized prostate cancer in the era of prostate-specific antigen: an overview of the Department of Defense Center for Prostate Disease Research national database.
- Estimated risks for developing obesity in the Framingham Heart Study.
- Estimating the annual frequency of synchronous brain metastasis in the United States 2010-2013: a population-based study.
- Evaluating for disparities in place of death for head and neck cancer patients in the United States utilizing the CDC WONDER database.
- Evaluating the number of stages in development of squamous cell and adenocarcinomas across cancer sites using human population-based cancer modeling.
- Evidence for a black-white crossover in all-cause and coronary heart disease mortality in an older population: the North Carolina EPESE.
- Executive summary: heart disease and stroke statistics--2013 update: a report from the American Heart Association.
- Experience with a CT screening program for individuals at high risk for developing lung cancer.
- Explaining Disability Trends in the U.S. Elderly and Near-Elderly Population.
- Facial Fractures in the Aging Population.
- Familial clustering and subsequent incidence of atrial fibrillation among first-degree relatives in Denmark.
- Fecal incontinence in US adults: epidemiology and risk factors.
- Fertility and Ovarian Reserve among Women with Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- Firearm related injuries amongst children: estimates from the nationwide emergency department sample.
- Five-year longitudinal and secular shifts in adolescent beverage intake: findings from project EAT (Eating Among Teens)-II.
- Food preparation and purchasing roles among adolescents: associations with sociodemographic characteristics and diet quality.
- Foregut carcinoids: a clinical and biochemical analysis.
- Fractures in myelomeningocele.
- Frailty and type of death among older adults in China: prospective cohort study.
- Frequency and Effects of Excess Dosing of Anticoagulants in Patients ≤55 Years With Acute Myocardial Infarction Who Underwent Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (from the VIRGO Study).
- Fresh fruit consumption and all-cause and cause-specific mortality: findings from the China Kadoorie Biobank.
- Function in elderly cancer survivors depends on comorbidities.
- Functional disability among elderly blacks and whites in two diverse areas: the New Haven and North Carolina EPESE. Established Populations for the Epidemiologic Studies of the Elderly.
- Galactose-α-1,3-galactose and delayed anaphylaxis, angioedema, and urticaria in children.
- Gallbladder pathology in morbid obesity.
- Gallstone Disease and the Risk of Ischemic Heart Disease.
- Gamma radiation sensitivity and risk of malignant and benign salivary gland tumors: a pilot case-control analysis.
- Gender-based discrimination is prevalent in the integrated vascular trainee experience and serves as a predictor of burnout.
- Geographic Variation in the Rate and Timing of Cataract Surgery Among US Communities.
- Glaucoma-related adverse events in the Infant Aphakia Treatment Study: 1-year results.
- Global Burden of Hypertension and Systolic Blood Pressure of at Least 110 to 115 mm Hg, 1990-2015.
- Global Respiratory Syncytial Virus-Related Infant Community Deaths.
- Global and regional burden of cancer in 2016 arising from occupational exposure to selected carcinogens: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2016.
- Global and regional burden of disease and injury in 2016 arising from occupational exposures: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2016.
- Global burden of 369 diseases and injuries in 204 countries and territories, 1990-2019: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2019.
- Global glomerulosclerosis with nephrotic syndrome; the clinical importance of age adjustment.
- Global, Regional, and Country-Specific Lifetime Risks of Stroke, 1990 and 2016.
- Global, regional, and national age-sex specific mortality for 264 causes of death, 1980-2016: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2016.
- Global, regional, and national age-sex-specific mortality and life expectancy, 1950-2017: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2017.
- Global, regional, and national age-sex-specific mortality for 282 causes of death in 195 countries and territories, 1980-2017: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2017.
- Global, regional, and national burden of Alzheimer's disease and other dementias, 1990-2016: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2016.
- Global, regional, and national burden of motor neuron diseases 1990-2016: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2016.
- Global, regional, and national comparative risk assessment of 84 behavioural, environmental and occupational, and metabolic risks or clusters of risks for 195 countries and territories, 1990-2017: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2017.
- Global, regional, and national disability-adjusted life-years (DALYs) for 333 diseases and injuries and healthy life expectancy (HALE) for 195 countries and territories, 1990-2016: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2016.
- Global, regional, and national incidence and mortality for HIV, tuberculosis, and malaria during 1990-2013: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2013.
- Global, regional, and national incidence, prevalence, and years lived with disability for 301 acute and chronic diseases and injuries in 188 countries, 1990-2013: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2013.
- Global, regional, and national incidence, prevalence, and years lived with disability for 328 diseases and injuries for 195 countries, 1990-2016: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2016.
- Global, regional, and national incidence, prevalence, and years lived with disability for 354 diseases and injuries for 195 countries and territories, 1990-2017: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2017.
- Global, regional, and national levels and causes of maternal mortality during 1990-2013: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2013.
- Global, regional, and national mortality among young people aged 10-24 years, 1950-2019: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2019.
- Global, regional, and national under-5 mortality, adult mortality, age-specific mortality, and life expectancy, 1970-2016: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2016.
- Growth, survival and viral load in symptomatic childhood human immunodeficiency virus infection.
- HIV attitudes, awareness and testing among older adults in Africa.
- HIV epidemiology update and transmission factors: risks and risk contexts--16th International AIDS Conference epidemiology plenary.
- HIV infection: treatment outcomes in older and younger adults.
- HIV-associated morbidity, mortality and diagnostic testing opportunities among inpatients at a referral hospital in northern Tanzania.
- HLA-DQA1 and APOL1 as Risk Loci for Childhood-Onset Steroid-Sensitive and Steroid-Resistant Nephrotic Syndrome.
- HLA-DQA1 and PLCG2 Are Candidate Risk Loci for Childhood-Onset Steroid-Sensitive Nephrotic Syndrome.
- Health literacy and vision-related quality of life.
- Health status of individuals with mild stroke.
- Health-care expenditures of overweight and obese males and females in the medical expenditures panel survey by age cohort.
- Heritability of death from coronary heart disease: a 36-year follow-up of 20 966 Swedish twins.
- History of foot ulcer increases mortality among individuals with diabetes: ten-year follow-up of the Nord-Trøndelag Health Study, Norway.
- Hope and social support utilisation among different age groups of women with breast cancer and their spouses.
- Hospital variability in the rate of finding obstructive coronary artery disease at elective, diagnostic coronary angiography.
- Hospital-based emergency department visits in children with motor vehicle traffic accidents: estimates from the nationwide emergency department sample.
- Hospitalization and case-fatality rates for subarachnoid hemorrhage in Canada from 1982 through 1991. The Canadian Collaborative Study Group of Stroke Hospitalizations.
- Hospitalization for community-acquired, rotavirus-associated diarrhea: a prospective, longitudinal, population-based study during the seasonal outbreak. The Greater Toronto Area/Peel Region PRESI Study Group. Pediatric Rotavirus Epidemiology Study for Immunization.
- Hotspots and causes of motor vehicle crashes in Baltimore, Maryland: A geospatial analysis of five years of police crash and census data.
- How the effects of aging and stresses of life are integrated in mortality rates: insights for genetic studies of human health and longevity.
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)- and Non-HIV-Associated Immunosuppression and Risk of Cervical Neoplasia.
- Human epidermal growth factor receptor-2 and estrogen receptor expression, a demonstration project using the residual tissue repository of the Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) program.
- INternational ORthopaedic MUlticentre Study (INORMUS) in Fracture Care: Protocol for a Large Prospective Observational Study.
- Identifying risk factors for first-episode neck pain: A systematic review.
- Impact of Pulmonary Hypertension on Survival Following Device Closure of Atrial Septal Defects.
- Impact of age on the likelihood of reaching a minimum clinically important difference in 374 three-column spinal osteotomies: clinical article.
- Impact of clopidogrel in patients with acute coronary syndromes requiring coronary artery bypass surgery: a multicenter analysis.
- Impact of depressive symptoms on hospitalization risk in community-dwelling older persons.
- Impact of early and late age-related macular degeneration on vision-specific functioning.
- Impact of home warfarin use on treatment patterns and bleeding complications for patients with non-ST-segment elevation acute coronary syndromes: observations from the CRUSADE quality improvement initiative.
- Impact of hospitalization for acute coronary events on subsequent mortality in patients with chronic heart failure.
- Impact of in-hospital acquired thrombocytopenia in patients undergoing primary angioplasty for acute myocardial infarction.
- Impact of initial heart rate and systolic blood pressure on relation of age and mortality among fibrinolytic-treated patients with acute ST-elevation myocardial infarction presenting with cardiogenic shock.
- Impact of patient-specific factors, irradiated left ventricular volume, and treatment set-up errors on the development of myocardial perfusion defects after radiation therapy for left-sided breast cancer.
- Impact of saphenous vein graft radiographic markers on clinical events and angiographic parameters.
- Impact of sex on long-term mortality from acute myocardial infarction vs unstable angina.
- Improving biobank consent comprehension: a national randomized survey to assess the effect of a simplified form and review/retest intervention.
- In-hospital death following inpatient surgical procedures in the United States, 1996-2006.
- Incidence and occurrence of total (first-ever and recurrent) stroke.
- Incidence and predictors of all and preventable adverse drug reactions in frail elderly persons after hospital stay.
- Incidence and prevalence of uveitis: results from the Pacific Ocular Inflammation Study.
- Incidence and risk factors for surgical intervention after uterine artery embolization.
- Incidence and survival rates for young blacks with nasopharyngeal carcinoma in the United States.
- Incidence of and outcomes associated with ventricular tachycardia or fibrillation in patients undergoing primary percutaneous coronary intervention.
- Incidence of asymptomatic patent foramen ovale according to age.
- Incidence of herpes zoster ophthalmicus: results from the Pacific Ocular Inflammation Study.
- Incidence of nonarteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy: increased risk among diabetic patients.
- Incidence of perioperative complications of urogynecologic surgery in elderly women.
- Incidence of scleritis and episcleritis: results from the Pacific Ocular Inflammation Study.
- Incidence patterns for primary malignant spinal cord gliomas: a Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results study.
- Increased risk for patient safety incidents in hospitalized older adults.
- Increased subclinical atherosclerosis in young adults with metabolic syndrome: the Bogalusa Heart Study.
- Increasing prevalences of overweight and obesity in Northern Plains American Indian children.
- Increasing trends in incidence of overweight and obesity over 5 decades.
- Independent predictors of complication following surgery for spinal metastasis.
- Individual and aggregate years-of-life-lost associated with overweight and obesity.
- Individual and partner characteristics associated with HIV testing and counseling uptake among individuals 50 years or older in Tanzania.
- Individuals aged 1-64 years with documented congenital heart defects at healthcare encounters, five U.S. surveillance sites, 2011-2013.
- Inflammation biomarkers and near-term death in older men.
- Influence of age on the outcome of 500 autologous bone marrow transplant procedures for hematologic malignancies.
- Influence of smoking history on imaging characteristics among patients with human papillomavirus-positive oropharyngeal cancer: a blinded matched-pair analysis.
- Insurance status and the treatment of myocardial infarction at academic centers.
- International Comparison of Patient Characteristics and Quality of Care for Ischemic Stroke: Analysis of the China National Stroke Registry and the American Heart Association Get With The Guidelines--Stroke Program.
- Is Corneal Arcus Independently Associated With Incident Cardiovascular Disease in Asians?
- Is depression a risk factor for diabetic foot ulcers? 11-years follow-up of the Nord-Trøndelag Health Study (HUNT).
- Is low fertility a twenty-first-century demographic crisis?
- Is mortality due to primary malignant brain and other central nervous system tumors decreasing?
- Is neural development Darwinian?
- Is stroke history reliably reported by elderly with cognitive impairment? A community-based study.
- Is there a bias against performing coronary revascularization in women?
- Is transplant operation important in determining posttransplant risk of bronchiolitis obliterans syndrome in lung transplant recipients?
- Juvenile mental health histories of adults with anxiety disorders.
- Keratoconus in the Medicare population.
- Labor force participation and human capital increases in an aging population and implications for U.S. research investment.
- Laminectomy and fusion after spinal cord injury: national inpatient complications and outcomes.
- Laparoscopic vs open colectomy: outcomes comparison based on large nationwide databases.
- Late Consequences of Acute Coronary Syndromes: Global Registry of Acute Coronary Events (GRACE) Follow-up.
- Late Effects of Exposure to Ionizing Radiation and Age on Human Thymus Morphology and Function.
- Late diagnosis of HIV infection: the role of age and sex.
- Lichen sclerosus: epidemiological distribution in an equal access health care system.
- Lifestyle, occupational, and reproductive factors in relation to pancreatic cancer risk.
- Limited-stage small-cell lung cancer (stages I-III): observations from the National Cancer Data Base.
- Living arrangement and coronary heart disease: the JPHC study.
- Long-term Functional, Psychological, Emotional, and Social Outcomes in Survivors of Firearm Injuries.
- Long-term trends in the incidence of heart failure after myocardial infarction.
- Longitudinal Patterns of Change in Systolic Blood Pressure and Incidence of Cardiovascular Disease: The Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities Study.
- MRI morphometric analysis and neuropsychological function in patients with neurofibromatosis.
- Major depression symptoms in primary care and psychiatric care settings: a cross-sectional analysis.
- Malignant melanoma of the mucous membranes: a review of 119 cases.
- Marital History and Survival After Stroke.
- Masked Hypertension and Incident Clinic Hypertension Among Blacks in the Jackson Heart Study.
- Matched analysis of survival in patients with squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck diagnosed before and after 40 years of age.
- Mechanism of Pediatric Traumatic Brain Injury in Southwestern Uganda: A Prospective Cohort of 100 Patients.
- Medical care in long-term survivors of childhood cancer: a report from the childhood cancer survivor study.
- Medical service utilization by veterans seeking help for posttraumatic stress disorder.
- Meeting the challenge to improve the treatment of hypertension in blacks.
- Men older than 70 years have higher risk prostate cancer and poorer survival in the early and late prostate specific antigen eras.
- Minority adult survivors of childhood cancer: a comparison of long-term outcomes, health care utilization, and health-related behaviors from the childhood cancer survivor study.
- Morbidity risks among older adults with pre-existing age-related diseases.
- Morning and Evening Home Blood Pressure and Risks of Incident Stroke and Coronary Artery Disease in the Japanese General Practice Population: The Japan Morning Surge-Home Blood Pressure Study.
- Mortality Trends in Colorectal Cancer in China During 2000-2015: A Joinpoint Regression and Age-Period-Cohort Analysis.
- Mortality in Vietnam, 1979-1989.
- Mortality patterns in developed countries.
- Most lay people can correctly identify indigenous venomous snakes.
- Motivational enhancement therapy for African American substance users: a randomized clinical trial.
- Myocarditis Cases Reported After mRNA-Based COVID-19 Vaccination in the US From December 2020 to August 2021.
- Myopia, axial length, and age-related cataract: the Singapore Malay eye study.
- N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide and the timing, extent and mortality in ST elevation myocardial infarction.
- NIH funding trajectories and their correlations with US health dynamics from 1950 to 2004.
- National trends in vertebral augmentation procedures for the treatment of vertebral compression fractures.
- Neck strains and sprains among motor vehicle occupants-United States, 2000.
- Nondisease-specific problems and all-cause mortality in the REasons for Geographic and Racial Differences in Stroke study.
- Nonmedical Opioid Pain Relievers and All-Cause Mortality: A 27-Year Follow-Up From the Epidemiologic Catchment Area Study.
- Nonmedical stimulant use among young Asian-Americans, Native Hawaiians/Pacific Islanders, and mixed-race individuals aged 12-34 years in the United States.
- Norms and standardization of the Brief Assessment of Cognition in Schizophrenia (BACS).
- Ocular trauma in the United States Army: hospitalization records from 1985 through 1994.
- Opioid abuse in children: an emerging public health crisis in the United States!
- Out-of-Pocket Spending for Ambulatory Physical Therapy Services From 2008 to 2012: National Panel Survey.
- PET/CT mediastinal and liver FDG uptake: effects of biological and procedural factors.
- Parental education and late-life dementia in the United States.
- Part I. Analysis of data gaps pertaining to Salmonella enterica serotype Typhi infections in low and medium human development index countries, 1984-2005.
- Partial uptake of varicella vaccine and the epidemiological effect on varicella disease in 11 day-care centers in North Carolina.
- Partitioning of time trends in prevalence and mortality of bladder cancer in the United States.
- Patient, physician, and procedural factors influencing the use of defibrillation testing during initial implantable cardioverter defibrillator insertion: findings from the NCDR®.
- Patients with Fabry disease on dialysis in the United States.
- Patterns of care in older patients with squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck: a surveillance, epidemiology, and end results-medicare analysis.
- Patterns of exercise across the cancer trajectory in brain tumor patients.
- Pediatric Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension: Age, Gender, and Anthropometric Features at Diagnosis in a Large, Retrospective, Multisite Cohort.
- Pediatric injury patterns by year of age.
- Penetrating trauma in children on the United States-Mexico border: Hispanic ethnicity is not a risk factor.
- Perceived Discrimination and Cardiovascular Outcomes in Older African Americans: Insights From the Jackson Heart Study.
- Perceived cannabis use norms and cannabis use among adolescents in the United States.
- Percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty in women compared with men.
- Persistence of delays in presentation and treatment for patients with acute myocardial infarction: The GUSTO-I and GUSTO-III experience.
- Persistent Opioid Use Among Pediatric Patients After Surgery.
- Persistent diarrhoea in Nigerian children aged less than five years: a hospital-based study.
- Place of death for patients with cancer in the United States, 1999 through 2015: Racial, age, and geographic disparities.
- Plasma Levels of Soluble Interleukin-2 Receptor α: Associations With Clinical Cardiovascular Events and Genome-Wide Association Scan.
- Plasmodium falciparum, anaemia and cognitive and educational performance among school children in an area of moderate malaria transmission: baseline results of a cluster randomized trial on the coast of Kenya.
- Population-Scale CT-based Body Composition Analysis of a Large Outpatient Population Using Deep Learning to Derive Age-, Sex-, and Race-specific Reference Curves.
- Population-based burden of COPD-related visits in the ED: return ED visits, hospital admissions, and comorbidity risks.
- Population-based hepatitis C surveillance and treatment in a national managed care organization.
- Potential selection bias in a community-based study of PSA levels in African-American men.
- Predictors of death and reinfarction at 30 days after primary angioplasty: the GUSTO IIb and RAPPORT trials.
- Predictors of mortality and morbidity in patients with chronic heart failure.
- Predictors of obesity in Michigan Operating Engineers.
- Predictors of outcome in patients with acute coronary syndromes without persistent ST-segment elevation. Results from an international trial of 9461 patients. The PURSUIT Investigators.
- Predictors of pain experienced by women during percutaneous imaging-guided breast biopsies.
- Prevalence and associations of cataract in a rural Chinese adult population: the Handan Eye Study.
- Prevalence and associations of epiretinal membranes in a rural Chinese adult population: the Handan Eye Study.
- Prevalence and causes of amblyopia in a rural adult population of Chinese the Handan Eye Study.
- Prevalence and causes of dysphonia in a large treatment-seeking population.
- Prevalence and characteristics of choroidal nevi in an Asian vs white population.
- Prevalence and characteristics of choroidal nevi: the multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosis.
- Prevalence and characteristics of myopic retinopathy in a rural Chinese adult population: the Handan Eye Study.
- Prevalence and concomitants of arthritis in the elderly in Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil.
- Prevalence and predictors of depression in elderly Canadians: The Canadian Study of Health and Aging.
- Prevalence and risk factors for epiretinal membrane: the Singapore Epidemiology of Eye Disease study.
- Prevalence and risk factors for refractive errors and ocular biometry parameters in an elderly Asian population: the Singapore Longitudinal Aging Study (SLAS).
- Prevalence and risk factors for refractive errors in Indians: the Singapore Indian Eye Study (SINDI).
- Prevalence and risk factors of elevated pulmonary artery pressures in children with sickle cell disease.
- Prevalence and risk factors of meibomian gland dysfunction: the Singapore Malay eye study.
- Prevalence and risk factors of ocular trauma in an urban south-east Asian population: the Singapore Malay Eye Study.
- Prevalence and risk factors of undercorrected refractive errors among Singaporean Malay adults: the Singapore Malay Eye Study.
- Prevalence and trends in obesity and severe obesity among children in the United States, 1999-2012.
- Prevalence and variability of internal mammary artery graft use in contemporary multivessel coronary artery bypass graft surgery: analysis of the Society of Thoracic Surgeons National Cardiac Database.
- Prevalence of Obesity and Severe Obesity in US Children, 1999-2016.
- Prevalence of Total Hip and Knee Replacement in the United States.
- Prevalence of age-related macular degeneration in 4 racial/ethnic groups in the multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosis.
- Prevalence of age-related macular degeneration in a rural Chinese population: the Handan Eye Study.
- Prevalence of amblyopia and strabismus in young singaporean chinese children.
- Prevalence of and risk factors for age-related macular degeneration in a multiethnic Asian cohort.
- Prevalence of antithyroid antibodies in mood disorders
- Prevalence of dementia in the United States: the aging, demographics, and memory study.
- Prevalence of diabetes mellitus, glycemic control, and associated factors in a Malay population in Singapore.
- Prevalence of diabetic retinopathy in rural China: the Handan Eye Study.
- Prevalence of glaucoma in an urban West African population: the Tema Eye Survey.
- Prevalence of lens opacities in Asian Malays.
- Prevalence of lens opacity in Chinese residents of Singapore: the tanjong pagar survey.
- Prevalence of major eye diseases among US Civil War veterans, 1890-1910
- Prevalence of overweight and obesity in American Indian School children and adolescents in the Aberdeen area: a population study.
- Prevalence of radiographic findings in individuals with chronic low back pain screened for a randomized controlled trial: secondary analysis and clinical implications.
- Prevalence of refractive errors in a multiethnic Asian population: the Singapore epidemiology of eye disease study.
- Prevalence of type 2 diabetes in patients with obstructive sleep apnea in a multi-ethnic sample.
- Prevalence, Correlates, and Impact of Uncorrected Presbyopia in a Multiethnic Asian Population.
- Prevalence, Profile, and Prognosis of Severe Obesity in Contemporary Hospitalized Heart Failure Trial Populations.
- Prevalence, determinants, and management of chronic kidney disease in Karachi, Pakistan - a community based cross-sectional study.
- Prevalence, predictors, and outcomes of patients with non-ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction and insignificant coronary artery disease: results from the Can Rapid risk stratification of Unstable angina patients Suppress ADverse outcomes with Early implementation of the ACC/AHA Guidelines (CRUSADE) initiative.
- Prevalence, subtypes, severity and determinants of ocular trauma: The Singapore Chinese Eye Study.
- Primary brain tumor incidence rates in four United States regions, 1985-1989: a pilot study.
- Prognostic factors in infants and very young children with intracranial ependymomas.
- Prognostic value of the cadmium-zinc-telluride camera: A comparison with a conventional (Anger) camera.
- Proportion of US Adults Recommended Out-of-Clinic Blood Pressure Monitoring According to the 2017 Hypertension Clinical Practice Guidelines.
- Prospective data collection of a new procedure by a specialty society: the FIBROID registry.
- Prostate cancer early detection practices among men with a family history of disease.
- Prostate-specific antigen values at the time of prostate cancer diagnosis in African-American men.
- Protecting Confidentiality in Cancer Registry Data With Geographic Identifiers.
- Protective role of the apolipoprotein E2 allele in age-related disease traits and survival: evidence from the Long Life Family Study.
- Psychological discomfort and mental illness in patients with AIDS: implications for home care.
- Psychosocial determinants of cardiovascular events among black Americans with chronic kidney disease or associated risk factors in the Jackson heart study.
- Psychotropic medication claims among religious clergy.
- Psychotropic medication use in children with autism in the Kentucky Medicaid population.
- Pulmonary hypertension associated with sickle cell disease: clinical and laboratory endpoints and disease outcomes.
- Puzzling role of genetic risk factors in human longevity: "risk alleles" as pro-longevity variants.
- Racial Differences in Associations of Blood Pressure Components in Young Adulthood With Incident Cardiovascular Disease by Middle Age: Coronary Artery Risk Development in Young Adults (CARDIA) Study.
- Racial difference in the prevalence of epiretinal membrane between Caucasians and Asians.
- Racial differences in influenza vaccination among older Americans 1996-2000: longitudinal analysis of the Health and Retirement Study (HRS) and the Asset and Health Dynamics Among the Oldest Old (AHEAD) survey.
- Racial differences in the prevalence of monoclonal gammopathy in a community-based sample of the elderly.
- Radiation exposure in the acute and short-term management of urolithiasis at 2 academic centers.
- Radiotherapy in the Barwon South Western Region: a rural perspective.
- Rationale and Methodology for a Community-Based Study of Diabetic Retinopathy in an Indonesian Population with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: The Jogjakarta Eye Diabetic Study in the Community.
- Reconsidering mortality compression and deceleration: an alterative model of mortality rates.
- Refractive errors in a rural Chinese adult population the Handan eye study.
- Regional brain chemical alterations in young children with autism spectrum disorder.
- Relation of frequency and severity of mitral regurgitation to survival among patients with left ventricular systolic dysfunction and heart failure.
- Relationship between depressive symptoms and long-term mortality in patients with heart failure.
- Relationship between exposure, clinical malaria, and age in an area of changing transmission intensity.
- Religiosity, spirituality, and end-of-life planning: a single-site survey of medical inpatients.
- Religious beliefs and practices in family medicine.
- Report of the substudy assessing the impact of neurocognitive function on quality of life 5 years after cardiac surgery.
- Reporting of Study Participant Demographic Characteristics and Demographic Representation in Premarketing and Postmarketing Studies of Novel Cancer Therapeutics.
- Representation of elderly persons and women in published randomized trials of acute coronary syndromes.
- Retrospective analysis of translaminar, demographic, and physiologic parameters in relation to papilledema severity.
- Risk factors associated with thrombosis in patients with antiphospholipid antibodies.
- Risk factors for and estimated incidence of community-associated Clostridium difficile infection, North Carolina, USA.
- Risk factors for chemotherapy-associated venous thromboembolism in a prospective observational study.
- Risk factors for delayed hematuria following photoselective vaporization of the prostate.
- Risk factors for development of subclinical hypothyroidism during valproic acid therapy.
- Risk factors for infective endocarditis in patients with enterococcal bacteremia: a case-control study.
- Risk for COVID-19 infection and death among Latinos in the United States: examining heterogeneity in transmission dynamics.
- Role of CT in the Diagnosis of Nonspecific Abdominal Pain: A Multicenter Analysis.
- Role of race and sex in diagnosis and one-year follow up of deep venous thrombosis.
- SARS-CoV-2 infection and venous thromboembolism after surgery: an international prospective cohort study.
- Scrotal and perineal sensory neuropathy after urethroplasty for bulbar urethral stricture disease: an evaluation of the incidence, timing, and resolution.
- Second metatarsal stress fracture in sport: comparative risk factors between proximal and non-proximal locations.
- Self-Reported Cognitive Impairment Across Racial/Ethnic Groups in the United States, National Health Interview Survey, 1997-2015.
- Sex differences in human mortality and aging at late ages: the effect of mortality selection and state dynamics.
- Sexuality, sexual practices, and HIV risk among incarcerated African-American women in North Carolina.
- Short Operative Duration and Surgical Site Infection Risk in Hip and Knee Arthroplasty Procedures.
- Short bowel syndrome after trauma.
- Sickle hemoglobin (HbS) allele and sickle cell disease: a HuGE review.
- Simple Factors Associated With Radiation-Induced Lung Toxicity After Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy of the Thorax: A Pooled Analysis of 88 Studies.
- Single-photon emission computed tomography myocardial perfusion imaging-assessed stress perfusion defect severity is associated with mortality independent of ethnicity in an Asian population.
- Six-Year Incidence of and Risk Factors for Cataract Surgery in a Multi-ethnic Asian Population: The Singapore Epidemiology of Eye Diseases Study.
- Smoking is associated with an age-related decline in exhaled nitric oxide.
- Smoking prevalence and attributable disease burden in 195 countries and territories, 1990-2015: a systematic analysis from the Global Burden of Disease Study 2015.
- Sociodemographic and health correlates of sleep quality and duration among very old Chinese.
- Socioeconomic status and alcohol use among urban and rural residents in China.
- Socioeconomic status, systolic blood pressure and intraocular pressure: the Tanjong Pagar Study.
- Somatic complaints and psychopathology in children and adolescents: stomach aches, musculoskeletal pains, and headaches.
- Spousal depression, anxiety, and suicide after myocardial infarction.
- Squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck in never smoker-never drinkers: a descriptive epidemiologic study.
- Staphylococcus aureus bacteremia among elderly vs younger adult patients: comparison of clinical features and mortality.
- Stigma in leprosy: miles to go!
- Stroke as a late treatment effect of Hodgkin's Disease: a report from the Childhood Cancer Survivor Study.
- Study methods, recruitment, sociodemographic findings, and demographic representativeness in the OPPERA study.
- Suicide and Additional Homicides Associated with Intimate Partner Homicide: North Carolina 2004-2013.
- Suicide mortality among youth in southern Brazil: a spatiotemporal evaluation of socioeconomic vulnerability.
- Superficial genitourinary abscesses in children: emergence of methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus.
- Survival in renal vascular disease.
- Synovial sarcoma of the foot and ankle.
- Temporal and Provincial Variation in Ambulance Use Among Patients Who Present to Acute Care Hospitals With ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction.
- The American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer and the American Cancer Society. The National Cancer Data Base report on age, gender, treatment, and outcomes of patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia.
- The Association between Body Weight Misperception and Psychosocial Factors in Korean Adult Women Less than 65 Years Old with Normal Weight.
- The DNA-repair gene MGMT and the clinical response of gliomas to alkylating agents.
- The Effect of Obstructive Sleep Apnea on Absolute Risk of Central Serous Chorioretinopathy.
- The Global Burden of Cancer 2013.
- The London Fibromyalgia Epidemiology Study: the prevalence of fibromyalgia syndrome in London, Ontario.
- The Millennium Cohort Family Study: a prospective evaluation of the health and well-being of military service members and their families.
- The Pregnancy in Polycystic Ovary Syndrome study: baseline characteristics of the randomized cohort including racial effects.
- The Prevalence and Types of Glaucoma in an Urban Chinese Population: The Singapore Chinese Eye Study.
- The age-specific prevalence of myopia in Asia: a meta-analysis.
- The assessment of bone mineral content and density of the lumbar spine and proximal femur in US submariners.
- The association between school attendance, HIV infection and sexual behaviour among young people in rural South Africa.
- The association between smoking and long-term outcomes after non-ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction in older patients.
- The costs of fatal and non-fatal falls among older adults.
- The effect of audit and feedback on immunization delivery: a systematic review.
- The effect of smoking on years of healthy life (YHL) lost among middle-aged and older Americans.
- The epidemiology of at-risk and binge drinking among middle-aged and elderly community adults: National Survey on Drug Use and Health.
- The epidemiology of chronic critical illness in the United States*.
- The epidemiology of drowning worldwide.
- The epidemiology of emergency presentations for falls across Western Victoria, Australia.
- The epidemiology of ocular trauma in Singapore: perspective from the emergency service of a large tertiary hospital.
- The epidemiology of substance use and disorders among middle aged and elderly community adults: national survey on drug use and health.
- The global burden of typhoid fever.
- The global health and economic burden of hospitalizations for heart failure: lessons learned from hospitalized heart failure registries.
- The heritability of mortality due to heart diseases: a correlated frailty model applied to Danish twins.
- The impact of femoral arterial thrombosis in paediatric cardiac catheterisation: a national study.
- The impact of item order on ratings of cancer risk perception.
- The incidence of neuro-ophthalmic diseases in Singapore: a prospective study in public hospitals.
- The interaction among sex, hemoglobin and outcomes in a specialty heart failure clinic.
- The predominance of membranoproliferative glomerulonephritis in childhood nephrotic syndrome in Ibadan, Nigeria.
- The prevalence and correlates of urinary tract symptoms in Norwegian men: the HUNT study.
- The prevalence and risk factors for pterygium in an adult Chinese population in Singapore: the Tanjong Pagar survey.
- The prevalence and risk factors of ocular trauma: the Singapore Indian eye study.
- The prevalence of and risk factors for pterygium in an urban Malay population: the Singapore Malay Eye Study (SiMES).
- The prevalence of retinal vein occlusion: pooled data from population studies from the United States, Europe, Asia, and Australia.
- The rationale and design of the AASK cohort study.
- The rising tide of asthma. Trends in the epidemiology of morbidity and mortality from asthma.
- The risk of subsequent fractures in community-dwelling men and male veterans with hip fracture.
- The role of cardiac risk factor burden in diagnosing acute coronary syndromes in the emergency department setting.
- The role of smoking and other modifiable lifestyle risk factors in maintaining and restoring lower body mobility in middle-aged and older Americans: results from the HRS and AHEAD. Health and Retirement Study. Asset and Health Dynamics Among the Oldest Old.
- Therapy choices among older patients with lung carcinoma: an evaluation of two trials of the Cancer and Leukemia Group B.
- Time Trends and Educational Inequalities in Out-of-Hospital Coronary Deaths in Norway 1995-2009: A Cardiovascular Disease in Norway (CVDNOR) Project.
- Time to diagnosis in the National Registry of Veterans with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis.
- Time trends in the prevalence of cancer and non-cancer diseases among older U.S. adults: Medicare-based analysis.
- Time trends of incidence of age-associated diseases in the US elderly population: Medicare-based analysis.
- Time-dependent risk reduction of ventricular tachyarrhythmias in cardiac resynchronization therapy patients: a MADIT-RIT sub-study.
- Trauma history of sheltered battered women
- Trends and Demographics in the Utilization of Total Wrist Arthroplasty.
- Trends and Factors Associated with Place of Death for Individuals with Dementia in the United States.
- Trends in breast cancer stage and mortality in Michigan (1992-2009) by race, socioeconomic status, and area healthcare resources.
- Trends in common rhinologic illnesses: analysis of U.S. healthcare surveys 1995-2007.
- Trends in endocarditis hospitalizations at US children's hospitals: impact of the 2007 American Heart Association Antibiotic Prophylaxis Guidelines.
- Trends in head and neck cancer incidence in Tianjin, China, between 1981 and 2002.
- Trends in incidentally identified thyroid cancers over a decade: a retrospective analysis of 2,090 surgical patients.
- Trends in screening breast magnetic resonance imaging use among US women, 2006 to 2016.
- Trends in stroke mortality: the impact of the Year 2000 Age Standard and the International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems, 10th Revision.
- Trends in the association between age and in-hospital mortality after percutaneous coronary intervention: National Cardiovascular Data Registry experience.
- Trends in the pattern of blindness and major ocular diseases in Singapore and Asia.
- Trends in the prevalence and outcomes of radial and femoral approaches to percutaneous coronary intervention: a report from the National Cardiovascular Data Registry.
- Trends in tuberculosis/human immunodeficiency virus comorbidity, United States, 1993-2004.
- Trichomonas vaginalis and cervical cancer. A prospective study in China.
- Trust, health, and longevity.
- Tumor characteristics in African American and white women.
- Tumor necrosis factor-α inhibitor treatment and the risk of incident cardiovascular events in patients with early rheumatoid arthritis: a nested case-control study.
- Twenty years of work-related injury and illness among union carpenters in Washington State.
- Two mechanistic pathways for thienopyridine-associated thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura: a report from the SERF-TTP Research Group and the RADAR Project.
- Types and epidemiology of tendinopathy.
- United States stock market performance and acute myocardial infarction rates in 2008-2009 (from the Duke Databank for Cardiovascular Disease).
- Unmet need for therapy services, assistive devices, and related services: data from the national survey of children with special health care needs.
- Update in lung transplantation 2013.
- Urban health insurance reform and coverage in China using data from National Health Services Surveys in 1998 and 2003.
- Use of Telehealth Screening to Detect Diabetic Retinopathy and Other Ocular Findings in Primary Care Settings.
- Use of cardiac resynchronization therapy in patients hospitalized with heart failure.
- Use of the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey to calculate the impact of obesity and diabetes on cost and prevalence of urolithiasis in 2030.
- Using electronic health records data to assess comorbidities of substance use and psychiatric diagnoses and treatment settings among adults.
- Utilities for major stroke: results from a survey of preferences among persons at increased risk for stroke.
- Utility of fine-needle aspiration in the diagnosis of primary osteosarcoma.
- Utilization of hospital-based chaplain services among newly diagnosed male Veterans Affairs colorectal cancer patients.
- Uveitis in the southeastern United States.
- Variation in and correlates of body mass status of older singaporean men and women: results from a national survey.
- Variations in cataract extraction rates in Medicare prepaid and fee-for-service settings.
- Varicella prevalence in day-care centers.
- Vascular factors predict rate of progression in Alzheimer disease.
- Visual Impairment in Old and Very Old Community-dwelling Asian Adults.
- Visual function impairments in relation to gender, age, and visual acuity in patients who undergo cataract surgery.
- Weight-related concerns and behaviors among overweight and nonoverweight adolescents: implications for preventing weight-related disorders.
- What is the role of friends when contributing care at the end of life? Findings from an Australian population study.
- Where Are Adults Active? An Examination of Physical Activity Locations Using GPS in Five US Cities.
- White blood cell counts and malaria.
- Who is paying the bills? Health care costs for musculoskeletal back disorders, Washington State Union Carpenters, 1989-2003.
- Whole body donation for medical science: a population-based study.
- Why eat at fast-food restaurants: reported reasons among frequent consumers.
- Work-related musculoskeletal disorders among construction workers in the United States from 1992 to 2014.
- Worldwide trends in diabetes since 1980: a pooled analysis of 751 population-based studies with 4.4 million participants.
- Worsening depressive symptoms are associated with adverse clinical outcomes in patients with heart failure.
- Yield of colonoscopy in patients with nonacute rectal bleeding: a multicenter database study of 1766 patients.
- [Investigation of disability prevalence in men and women of advanced age].
- p53 codon 72 Arg homozygotes are associated with an increased risk of cutaneous melanoma.
Keywords of People
- Abbruzzese, James, D. C. I. Distinguished Professor of Medical Oncology, Medicine, Medical Oncology
- Alexander, John Hunter Peel, Professor of Medicine, Medicine, Cardiology
- Berchuck, Andrew, James M. Ingram Distinguished Professor of Gynecologic Oncology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Gynecologic Oncology
- Clements III, Dennis Alfred, Professor Emeritus of Pediatrics, Pediatrics, General Pediatrics and Adolescent Health
- Cohen, Seth Morris, Professor of Head and Neck Surgery & Communication Sciences, Head and Neck Surgery & Communication Sciences
- Esclamado, Ramon Mitra, Richard Hall Chaney, Sr. Distinguished Professor Emeritus of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery & Communication Sciences
- Grambow, Steven C., Associate Professor of Biostatistics & Bioinformatics, Biostatistics & Bioinformatics
- Jowell, Paul Simon, Professor of Medicine, Medicine, Gastroenterology
- Merli, M. Giovanna, Professor in the Sanford School of Public Policy, Duke Global Health Institute
- Moorman, Patricia Gripka, Professor Emeritus in Family Medicine and Community Health, Duke Cancer Institute
- Muir, Kelly Walton, Associate Professor of Ophthalmology, Ophthalmology, Glaucoma
- Nieuwsma, Jason A, Associate Professor in Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences, Behavioral Medicine & Neurosciences
- Routh, Jonathan Charles, Paul H. Sherman, M.D. Distinguished Associate Professor of Surgery, Pediatrics
- Roy Choudhury, Kingshuk, Adjunct Associate Professor in the Department of Biostatistics & Bioinformatics, Biostatistics & Bioinformatics
- Wu, Li-Tzy, Professor in Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Medicine, General Internal Medicine